• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Gilmore tossed from yesterdays practice

New England Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman and cornerback Stephon Gilmore were ejected from practice in Foxborough, Massachusetts, on Tuesday after getting into a fight, according to Ben Volin of the Boston Globe:

New England Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman and cornerback Stephon Gilmore were ejected from practice in Foxborough, Massachusetts, on Tuesday after getting into a fight, ...
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Gilmore tossed from yesterdays practice

Did they get their pillows taken away for a week?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

They should send a message and cut him.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
        They should send a message and cut him.
        They'd never cut Edelman.

Comment

• Cali512
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Mace View Post
          They'd never cut Edelman.

Apparently Edelman was on top of Gilmore which is no surprise. Edelman is a tough fiesty small WR, Gilmore is an overly entitled extra emotionless pussy
          Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Turf
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
            Apparently Edelman was on top of Gilmore which is no surprise. Edelman is a tough fiesty small WR, Gilmore is an overly entitled extra emotionless pussy
            Yeah but he's got that long hair hanging out of his helmet.
            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Turf View Post
              Yeah but he's got that long hair hanging out of his helmet.
              Exactly.

Comment

• Arm of Harm
                • Dec 2015

You normally expect a few fights over the course of a training camp. That part of the story, at least, is normal.

Belichick's response to fights seems harsher than I'd expect from your average coach. I could be wrong, but my impression is that some coaches welcome fights between their players, as a sign of passion and emotional intensity. Belichick, however, seems to be operating on the belief that if a player is conditioned to not lose his cool in practice, he's less likely to lose his cool during a game.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Gilmore is day-to-day with a broken finger nail and a couple of lost extensions. Edelmen is expected to return as soon as his stomach stops hurting from laughing so hard.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Arm of Harm View Post
                    You normally expect a few fights over the course of a training camp. That part of the story, at least, is normal.

Belichick's response to fights seems harsher than I'd expect from your average coach. I could be wrong, but my impression is that some coaches welcome fights between their players, as a sign of passion and emotional intensity. Belichick, however, seems to be operating on the belief that if a player is conditioned to not lose his cool in practice, he's less likely to lose his cool during a game.
                    If I were a coach in this league I would just do what Bellichek does. Not joking. After being at the Super Bowl I get the stance on fighting in camp. These guys never lost their composure and I haven't stung that much since wide right (the only othe SB I went too).

Comment

• GreedoII
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by The King View Post
                      New England Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman and cornerback Stephon Gilmore were ejected from practice in Foxborough, Massachusetts, on Tuesday after getting into a fight, according to Ben Volin of the Boston Globe:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...e-for-fighting
                      Go to a Pats forum on this. He doesn't play here anymore so who gives a flying @#$% what he's doing. It's irrelevant....

Comment

• kishoph
                        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                        If I were a coach in this league I would just do what Bellichek does. Not joking. After being at the Super Bowl I get the stance on fighting in camp. These guys never lost their composure and I haven't stung that much since wide right (the only othe SB I went too).
                        It's hard to argue with how Belichick does things, even when it seems to go against the norm. Afterall most NFL coaches never make it to a Super Bowl, Belichick has been there 7 times winning 5 of them. Of course Brady has a lot to do with that, but even the Pats teams when Brady was out didn't seem to miss a beat. I think it's great that even the "higher profile" players receive the same treatment. On NFL network yesterday they told of story of Randy Moss being shocked his 1st day as a Patriot when Belichick opened the meeting by blasting Brady about something. Hate him, like him, whatever, the man can coach.

Comment

• The King
                          Without me it's just Awe so
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by GreedoII View Post
                          Go to a Pats forum on this. He doesn't play here anymore so who gives a flying @#$% what he's doing. It's irrelevant....
                          Thanks for this... So far Gilmore has made the news three times in NE. Twice for calling out Bills fans and now once for fighting. I feel it's relevant.
                          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                          It was all
                          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                            Making Spirits Bright
                            • Mar 2006

I'm surprised he got so emotional, I thought he'd be used to getting owned by the Patriots wide receivers by now.

Comment

• Homegrown
                              Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
                              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                              So...in other words, Edelman is high motor player who brings his lunch pail to work every day, and Gilmore is a thug ...

Comment

Working...
                              X