PDA

View Full Version : YRC - Don't Count Out Holmes Yet

DraftBoy
08-02-2017, 08:54 PM
https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/8/2/16082748/buffalo-bills-andre-holmes-leonard-johnson-matt-milano-tanner-vallejo-special-teams-standouts

Danny Crossman has survived three different head coaches since being hired by the Buffalo Bills as special teams coordinator in 2014. After Doug Marrone bolted at the end of the 2014 season, Crossman was retained by Rex Ryan for both 2015 and 2016; he was then kept on by new head coach Sean McDermott for the upcoming season. The special teams coach spoke about his players earlier today, and he had some praise for veterans and rookies alike.

Crossman specifically mentioned veterans Leonard Johnson and Andre Holmes. The former is also expected to compete with Kevon Seymour (and possibly even Shareece Wright) for snaps as the team’s nickel corner, while the latter was assumed to be penciled in as one of the team’s top three wide receivers coming into camp. Johnson has done a fine job on defense, but Holmes has struggled at times early in camp with a receiver’s primary job—catching the football.

Bad drops early in camp definitely hurt his roster chances, but if he can be a standout gunner then his chances would go way up.

Goobylal
08-02-2017, 09:11 PM
I'm hoping he gets cut to help with the comp pick for Gilmore.

YardRat
08-03-2017, 05:55 AM
WR is going to be a yo-yo roster battle for the next four weeks. Today's dunce in the corner will probably be next week's teacher's pet, and vice versa. You get 10 guys in that position trying to extinguish themselves from the others and 'teams play is certainly going to be a factor.

DraftBoy
08-03-2017, 06:45 AM
WR is going to be a yo-yo roster battle for the next four weeks. Today's dunce in the corner will probably be next week's teacher's pet, and vice versa. You get 10 guys in that position trying to extinguish themselves from the others and 'teams play is certainly going to be a factor.

10 guys for what will be 5 or 6 spots, plus an unknown with the Powell suspension.

jimmifli
08-03-2017, 11:15 AM
I still think he'll be our #2 WR.

JoeMama
08-03-2017, 11:27 AM
I still think he'll be our #2 WR.

If he gets the #2 slot, my guess is Watkins or Jones got injured.

jimmifli
08-03-2017, 12:52 PM
If he gets the #2 slot, my guess is Watkins or Jones got injured.
I think he'll end up above Jones and perform well in that role.

JoeMama
08-03-2017, 01:11 PM

Surprising.

Even with Derek Carr slinging the ball, Holmes has never been a consequential player.

His career stats are abysmal.

I don't see him being a factor for us. If he's our #2, I'll believe it when I see it. And even then I'll probably be appalled.

Night Train
08-03-2017, 02:20 PM

Not me. Jones had real talent. No way in hell should he lose snaps to Holmes.

Night Train
08-03-2017, 02:57 PM
Not me. Jones had real talent. No way in hell should he lose snaps to Holmes.
I respect that but this team always seems to have 15 + ST Aces that can barely play their assigned position.

jimmifli
08-03-2017, 03:10 PM
Surprising.

Even with Derek Carr slinging the ball, Holmes has never been a consequential player.

His career stats are abysmal.

I don't see him being a factor for us. If he's our #2, I'll believe it when I see it. And even then I'll probably be appalled.

He was stuck behind Amari Cooper and Crabtree. I'm not sure Watkins beats those two.

Holmes is very productive for how little he's on the field.

YardRat
08-03-2017, 04:54 PM
10 guys for what will be 5 or 6 spots, plus an unknown with the Powell suspension.More like three or four spots, Watkins and Jones makes 12 WR's in camp, and I don't see the team keeping more than 5 or 6 total. Of the 10 guys after W & J, 6 or 7 are getting the call from the Turk.

TigerJ
08-03-2017, 05:17 PM
Sure would be nice if we had standout gunners who could do something else too.