PDA

View Full Version : The final 53 - WR

YardRat
08-03-2017, 06:17 AM
Waay too much to delve into this morning with this position, so I'll just start the thread and and in my 10 cents later in the day.

Sammy Watkins
Zay Jone
Andre Holmes
Brandon Tate
Philly Brown
Walter Powell
Rod Streater
Dez Lewis
Rashad Ross
Jeremy Butler
Brandon Reilly
Daikiel Shorts

On your mark...get set...GO!

HHURRICANE
08-03-2017, 06:30 AM
Good thread!!!!

I think we are adding players to the roster as they aren't all here.

DraftBoy
08-03-2017, 06:48 AM
If the Bills keep 6 WR's then I think this is the group who likely breaks camp on the roster:
Sammy Watkins
Zay Jones
Andre Holmes
Brandon Tate
Philly Brown
Walter Powell*
Rod Streater
*Suspended for first four games and does not count against 53 man roster.

Once Powell returns its a question of who preformed better between Streater, Brown, and Tate.

I think we bring two WR's to the Practice Squad as well.

Night Train
08-03-2017, 07:08 AM
My Guess

Watkins
Jones
Streater
Lewis
Tate for returns
Powell on suspension list
Looking for another teams waiver cut or Boldin.

BillyT92679
08-03-2017, 08:11 AM
My Guess

Watkins
Jones
Streater
Lewis
Tate for returns
Powell on suspension list
Looking for another teams waiver cut or Boldin.

Cutting Holmes outright?

Night Train
08-03-2017, 09:25 AM
Cutting Holmes outright?

He could still rebound but he had little zip in his step in the 2 practices I saw this past weekend and dropped a lot of balls. Reportedly has very small hands. Thin.

I'ts just a guess by a dopey poster (me). He's not anything great and performance should win backup spots. The others look better, IMO. Streater and Lewis ran good routes and made many big catches. Coaches see that. Effort.

Scumbag College
08-03-2017, 10:28 AM
The only two locks are Sammy and Zay on that list.

I think Philly Brown sticks since he is still relatively young and has some solid starting and playoff experience.

Streater looks to be making some great plays in camp and with his size would be a good red zone target. I think he stays.

I think that the Bills keep 5 WRs and after those first four, it's a toss up. Holmes reportedly is struggling in receiving but has been a ST standout. Tate is an OK returner but is around 30 and has been a fringe guy in the league for his entire career. Dez Lewis has shown next to nothing for 2+ years and is a hold over from the last coach and GM, I think he's a long shot. There are reports that UDFA Shorts is having a good camp, but he could probably be stashed on the PS for the year if they want to keep a vet who could help more this year. Powell is starting the season suspended but after coming off a year ending injury and already being a bubble guy to make the roster, I'm not sure what the point would be keeping him around.

John Doe
08-03-2017, 11:43 AM
Andre Holmes is a "lock" to make the team on based on his special teams play (no.1 gunner). He has the same role that Marcus Easley had for few years.

YardRat
08-03-2017, 06:15 PM
Despite the appearance of being a wide-open competition after the top couple of guys I think it's all going to wash out eventually with a predictable squad, no real surprises.

Watkins and Jones.
Holmes. Philly Brown. Brandon Tate.
Streater if they keep 6.

I see this staff going with known commodities over newbies if all else is equal. Powell may not be around after his suspension is served, unless the timing dictates he replace an injured player. If any of the other younger guys want to have a chance of getting past cuts they better explode a little bit pretty soon.

Mouldsie
08-04-2017, 11:58 AM
Let's bring back Stevie for a look. Would be cool to have 2 WR who can play slot or outside

DraftBoy
08-04-2017, 02:34 PM
Let's bring back Stevie for a look. Would be cool to have 2 WR who can play slot or outside

Hard pass.

YardRat
08-07-2017, 01:23 PM
Boldin becomes a 'gimme'.

Watkins, Boldin and Jones.

Brandon Tate for returns.
Philly Brown and Streater will battle for the 5 and 6 with Holmes, but now if Holmes isn't an all-out ST's stud he's probably the odd man out.

Night Train
08-07-2017, 04:48 PM
Boldin becomes a 'gimme'.Watkins, Boldin and Jones.Brandon Tate for returns.Philly Brown and Streater will battle for the 5 and 6 with Holmes, but now if Holmes isn't an all-out ST's stud he's probably the odd man out.

The previous weekend practices I attended, Streater looked very good and the couple he "dropped" were not the best of throws. But he made 7-8 fantastic catches and has made more since. Philly Brown drew the ire of the WR coach more than once for drops and bad routes. Holmes dropped a lot and looked uninterested. Tall but not quick and has those tiny hands.

The fake games may change all this but if the WR coach has any say, Streater gets the nod. He was high fived several times after his big catches by the coaches and they recognize the work. Not a bad #4 after Sammy, Boldin and Jones. I feel much better today about WR. I actually liked what I saw from Dez Lewis but he wilted in the pre-season last year. If he's focused this time around, he gets a shot at #5.

With Clay, O'Leary and Thomas catching well at TE, my only concern now is whether TT can get them the ball. No surprise there.

Forward_Lateral
08-08-2017, 09:44 AM
Sammy Watkins
Zay Jones
Andre Holmes
Philly Brown
Dez Lewis
Boldin

Forward_Lateral
08-08-2017, 09:46 AM
I can't see Holmes going from #2 WR out of camp to being cut, but you never know.

I don't think Tate makes the team.

Streater is a wild card, IMO. I hope Dez Lewis makes it, I think he could be a decent WR.

Mouldsie
08-09-2017, 01:15 PM
I am glad we were able to solidify Boldin. Something needed to be done. I'd still give Stevie a workout though, if we're trying to win now he is worth a look. One of the best route runners I ever watched when he was healthy. This WR corps is bleak after the top 3.

SpikedLemonade
08-09-2017, 02:15 PM
I can't see Holmes going from #2 WR out of camp to being cut, but you never know.

I don't think Tate makes the team.

Streater is a wild card, IMO. I hope Dez Lewis makes it, I think he could be a decent WR.

I agree.

Forward_Lateral
08-09-2017, 03:16 PM
I agree.

I'll admit, I'm not a fan of his.

swiper
08-09-2017, 04:52 PM
Poor Rashad Ross. No love at all.

YardRat
08-20-2017, 07:27 PM
lol...**** me.

Night Train
08-20-2017, 08:04 PM
Wonder if they'll make a move this week.

Reilly has a small shot . At least the PS. He was injured a few times at Nebraska but can really run. Averaged over 18 yards a catch. 4.42 at pro day. 4 catches the other night.

Mace
08-20-2017, 08:09 PM
lol...**** me.

Well thanks, but I'm too intimidated by your magnificent head of hair.

Mace
08-20-2017, 08:15 PM
Wonder if they'll make a move this week.

Reilly has a small shot . At least the PS. He was injured a few times at Nebraska but can really run. Averaged over 18 yards a catch. 4.42 at pro day. 4 catches the other night.

Looked like he has good hands.

I'd like to see more of Daikiel Shorts too, though mostly to hear them say "Shorts catches some big balls." so I can snicker like a little kid.

The Toe Show
08-20-2017, 08:34 PM
Zay Jones
Brandon Tate
Dez Lewis
Brandon Reilly
Daikiel Shorts

IR Rod Streater
SUS Walter Powell

--

Cut

Philly Brown
Andre Holmes
Rashad Ross
Jeremy Butler

DraftBoy
08-20-2017, 09:02 PM
I know a lot of people don't like Holmes, but I don't see any scenario where he gets cut right now.