PDA

View Full Version : Bills Should Sign Kaepernick...

Yasgur's Farm
08-03-2017, 11:28 AM
... Trade TT for Dolphins #1 http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2717641-ryan-tannehill-taken-to-locker-room-with-apparent-knee-injury-after-fall?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Cali512
08-03-2017, 11:38 AM
I was going to say that the dolphins should just sign him but then after what krapadick said about Castro that won't happen.

Skooby
08-03-2017, 11:40 AM
Tyrod will not be the answer in Buffalo regardless, so gaining a first round value for him would be a near miracle.

OpIv37
08-03-2017, 11:43 AM
I'd take Taylor over Kap at this point. Kap is in full on regression.

And I definitely don't want both on the roster cuz that's a full blown QB controversy. It probably wouldn't work under the cap anyhow.

Also, it's a little late to be starting over at QB.

And btw this is purely from a football perspective. I could care less about Kap's politics.

Turf
08-03-2017, 11:52 AM
I will not watch this team if he's on it.

justasportsfan
08-03-2017, 11:56 AM
Bills hired that ESPN guy to change our media image. My guess is Kaep is bad for image.

swiper
08-03-2017, 12:00 PM
Bills hired that ESPN guy to change our media image. My guess is Kaep is bad for image.

LOL. ESPN doesn't exactly have the best image itself these days.

Cali512
08-03-2017, 12:09 PM

See this is something I dont understand. I know stories about jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas that are 10000 times worse than what Kaep did and yet I still watch them

justasportsfan
08-03-2017, 12:18 PM
LOL. ESPN doesn't exactly have the best image itself these days.

these days? Well, Mickey mouse and his posse did buy them ....

OpIv37
08-03-2017, 12:22 PM

So you're going to stop doing something you enjoy cuz you don't like one guy's politics? I guarantee that there are people on the team now who agree with him and it's highly likely that someone on the team now and/or someone you've watched in the past has views that you'd find even more offensive.

Watching someone play a game is not tacit acceptance of their views or actions.

Skooby
08-03-2017, 12:25 PM
So you're going to stop doing something you enjoy cuz you don't like one guy's politics? I guarantee that there are people on the team now who agree with him and it's highly likely that someone on the team now and/or someone you've watched in the past has views that you'd find even more offensive.

Watching someone play a game is not tacit acceptance of their views or actions.
If he helped make us successful all these people would be thrilled and defending him.

justasportsfan
08-03-2017, 12:52 PM
If he helped make us successful all these people would be thrilled and defending him.

but he hasn't and he is not good enough to overcome the drama that comes along with him.

Thurmal
08-03-2017, 01:05 PM
Let him ***** about American "oppression" while obliviously wearing a Fidel Castro shirt elsewhere.

Bill Cody
08-03-2017, 01:12 PM
Leaving the drama/politics aside, Kap was 1-10 last year as a starter and completed less than half his passes. We just traded a guy like that for a conditional 7th. Kap stinks. I'd rather see Peterman if we're planning on semi tanking. But we're not. Kap is done in the league because who needs the aggravation for a polarizing bum.

JoeMama
08-03-2017, 01:17 PM
He can't pass.

Pointless for him to play a position where that's the #1 job.

Bill Cody
08-03-2017, 01:19 PM
Let me offer this disclaimer upfront: I don't like to see anyone hurt, it sucks. But having said that as far as the fins go I'm not sure there's really that much difference between Tannehill and Matt Moore. Come to think of it I'm not sure there's much difference between Tierod and Matt Moore. So no the fins will not try to trade for TT and even if they might a brand new coach isn't going with a green as grass rookie or a barely in the league journeyman.

Novacane
08-03-2017, 01:55 PM
Why would Miami give a first round pick for TT?

Night Train
08-03-2017, 02:19 PM
He's been ignored by 31 other teams and suddenly, he's an attractive option ?

I expect little in year 1 of the overhaul and know the Bills have 2 first round picks next year when the QB class is loaded. I'm fine with that.

We will be running the ball and hopefully playing tighter D this coming season. That's who we are.

kgun12
08-03-2017, 06:08 PM
Bills Should Sign Kaepernick..

NO!!!

Night Train
08-03-2017, 06:13 PM
Dolphins will call Cutler, if Tannehill is out for a time. Has a history with the HC.

swiper
08-03-2017, 06:22 PM

Miami will be quite content with Moore filling in.

Thurmal
08-03-2017, 06:25 PM
Exactly, their current backup outgunned Taylor last year in the best game Taylor ever played.

YardRat
08-03-2017, 06:49 PM
I don't want Kap either, and as others have stated it has nothing to do with his politics.

LarryBoy
08-03-2017, 08:30 PM
Bills Should Sign Kaepernick..

NO!!!

What he said...

feldspar
08-03-2017, 09:47 PM
We don't need the guy, so why talk about it?

The Ravens may sign him, though. Apparently, Flacco has back issues.

Mace
08-03-2017, 09:50 PM
No to Kap.

I still dream of him coming out of college into Gailey's pistol, but it didn't happen. He's not the same player in terms of ability for whatever reason, doesn't have the same focus. It seems pretty obvious.

In regards to his activism, well...McDermott, probably every team, wants team first guys, it's the nature of a team sport. Kaepernick is cause first, not team first now. That's toxic, it's just the nature of the position within the sport, and the required focus.

I can give the guy credit for the determination to a cause, elements of injustice I can agree with, though it's naive to think them so simple to fight for, and even more naive to think them so simple to address within the context of well, a game, and petulance. But you don't want to insert him into a locker room seeking to achieve purposeful unity with what is by nature a pointedly divisive philosophy.

His devotion to the game has faded, his skills declined accordingly, and his time as a potential difference maker in the sport has passed. He's not the same player he was coming out of college with potential, or the same guy who was formidable in Jim Harbaugh's system, or the same anything that made him an up and coming QB, and he clearly doesn't want to be anyway.

Let someone else swing at air, we've done it enough already.

Skooby
08-03-2017, 10:04 PM
Tannehill is missing time, surgery looks likely now.

stuckincincy
08-03-2017, 10:24 PM
... Trade TT for Dolphins #1 http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2717641-ryan-tannehill-taken-to-locker-room-with-apparent-knee-injury-after-fall?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

My country, tis of thee... :rolleyes:

YardRat
08-04-2017, 05:47 AM
Sweep the Jets, sweep the Dolphins.

We're up to four wins already and we haven't left the division.

kishoph
08-04-2017, 07:02 AM
Miami will be quite content with Moore filling in.

I agree, Moore played pretty well last season going 2-1 in the games he started, with 8 TD's and 3 ints. He also played ok in the postseason, but the Dolphins could not stop the Steelers offense. If they did get Kaepernick (I doubt it), it would be as a back-up to Moore IMO.

Night Train
08-04-2017, 08:05 AM
Kaepernick will never be considered by Miami after wearing a Castro T-Shirt to a recent presser. Hundreds of thousands of South Florida Cuban immigrants would wish immediate death on him.

A PR nightmare.

OpIv37
08-04-2017, 08:42 AM
Kaepernick will never be considered by Miami after wearing a Castro T-Shirt to a recent presser. Hundreds of thousands of South Florida Cuban immigrants would wish immediate death on him.

A PR nightmare.

And this is where fans are stupid. I've expressed frustration with Brandon valuing ticket sales and media attention over putting the best football team on the field. This is essentially the same thing. Miami should make a decision about Kap based on whether or not he's the best fit for their football team, not whether or not the local Cuban community will embrace him.

Bill Cody
08-04-2017, 09:31 AM
And this is where fans are stupid. I've expressed frustration with Brandon valuing ticket sales and media attention over putting the best football team on the field. This is essentially the same thing. Miami should make a decision about Kap based on whether or not he's the best fit for their football team, not whether or not the local Cuban community will embrace him.

I dunno, does having 1/4 of the fans booing the QB at home games help or hurt home field advantage?

Joe Fo Sho
08-04-2017, 09:51 AM
Sweep the Jets, sweep the Dolphins.

We're up to four wins already and we haven't left the division.

Matt Moore beat us last year.

swiper
08-04-2017, 09:53 AM
Matt Moore beat us last year.

One of Rex Ryan's career moments.

Skooby
08-04-2017, 09:59 AM
It helped get us an extra first next draft !!

Joe Fo Sho
08-04-2017, 10:01 AM

Obviously we were dog s*** under Rex, but our team still had playoff hopes before this game. You could also argue that it was Tyrod's best game as a pro - 329 yards, 3 TDs, 0 Ints, 60 Rushing Yards.

Ja-Jay Ajay-jai-je was the reason we lost. If they run on us like they did last year, it doesn't matter who lines up under center for them.

justasportsfan
08-04-2017, 10:03 AM
Miami should make a decision about Kap based on whether or not he's the best fit for their football team, not whether or not the local Cuban community will embrace him.

there are back ups to be had with less baggage. It's not like Kaep is = Romo.

OpIv37
08-04-2017, 10:17 AM
I dunno, does having 1/4 of the fans booing the QB at home games help or hurt home field advantage?

Again, that's where fans are stupid. They should cheer or boo him based on what he does on the field, not the t shirt he wore.

- - - Updated - - -

there are back ups to be had with less baggage. It's not like Kaep is = Romo.

Probably. I'm not saying they should sign him. I'm saying they should make that decision based on football reasons, but the fans aren't allowing that.

Bill Cody
08-04-2017, 11:51 AM
Again, that's where fans are stupid. They should cheer or boo him based on what he does on the field, not the t shirt he wore.

I should have gotten a pony when I was 12. Sometimes reality bites. But criticizing teams for not living in the real world is dumb.

OpIv37
08-04-2017, 12:01 PM
I should have gotten a pony when I was 12. Sometimes reality bites. But criticizing teams for not living in the real world is dumb.

You are still missing the point. I'm not criticizing the team. I'm criticizing the fans for judging a football player on something other than football skill.

Each NFL team has 53 guys. Take anyone in America and it's all but guaranteed that one of those 53 has a political view that the individual finds appalling. Granted, few are as outspoken as Kap, but rooting for or against someone over political views is asinine. You'll never find a team of 53 that agrees with you completely.

Bill Cody
08-04-2017, 01:46 PM
You are still missing the point. I'm not criticizing the team. I'm criticizing the fans for judging a football player on something other than football skill.

Each NFL team has 53 guys. Take anyone in America and it's all but guaranteed that one of those 53 has a political view that the individual finds appalling. Granted, few are as outspoken as Kap, but rooting for or against someone over political views is asinine. You'll never find a team of 53 that agrees with you completely.

No I'm really not. Many many Cuban fans in Miami have legitimate hatred towards Castro, to say they're stupid to feel the way they do is ignorant. Their feelings go way beyond simple politics it's about the oppression of family members in a lot of cases.

But that isn't even what I called you on. It's this "Miami should make a decision about Kap based on whether or not he's the best fit for their football team, not whether or not the local Cuban community will embrace him". You are in fact criticizing the team with that sentence and I believe the team would be foolish not to consider the views of their fans since they do impact wins and losses, especially at home. Ok? In any other city in the country the Cuba issue would not be 1% as charged but it is in Miami and there are reasons for it.

OpIv37
08-04-2017, 02:07 PM
No I'm really not. Many many Cuban fans in Miami have legitimate hatred towards Castro, to say they're stupid to feel the way they do is ignorant. Their feelings go way beyond simple politics it's about the oppression of family members in a lot of cases.

But that isn't even what I called you on. It's this "Miami should make a decision about Kap based on whether or not he's the best fit for their football team, not whether or not the local Cuban community will embrace him". You are in fact criticizing the team with that sentence and I believe the team would be foolish not to consider the views of their fans since they do impact wins and losses, especially at home. Ok? In any other city in the country the Cuba issue would not be 1% as charged but it is in Miami and there are reasons for it.

Oh I understand why Cubans in Miami hate Castro. I just don't know why they refuse to watch a football player because that player likes Castro. The important part should be how well he plays football, not whether the fans and the player agree on Castro.

And maybe my wording was a bit off. I understand why the Dolphins don't want to alienate their fans but I think the fans are stupid for forcing the team to make a decision on political opinions rather than football prowess.

feldspar
08-04-2017, 02:19 PM
Oh I understand why Cubans in Miami hate Castro. I just don't know why they refuse to watch a football player because that player likes Castro. The important part should be how well he plays football, not whether the fans and the player agree on Castro.

And maybe my wording was a bit off. I understand why the Dolphins don't want to alienate their fans but I think the fans are stupid for forcing the team to make a decision on political opinions rather than football prowess.

Fans aren't forcing their team to do anything. You are projecting that scenario onto these situations totally. How large of a demographic do you figure Cubans who hate Castro are to the bigger Dolphins fan base, anyway.

The guy wore a t-shirt.

If you remember, Zay Jones was wearing a t-shirt depicting O.J. Simpson's car chase when the Bills called him up to draft him. It was a minor story, and then went completely away. Who really cared that much in the first place?

Turf
08-04-2017, 02:50 PM
With Tannehil going down, he probably goes to the fish.

feldspar
08-04-2017, 03:04 PM

Whoever it is will sleep with the fishes.

justasportsfan
08-04-2017, 03:05 PM

I don't know how I feel about that. If the fish stink (which they do) we will be drafting in the later rounds. Hopefully KC stinks worse than the jets .

Turf
08-04-2017, 03:10 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-dolphins-have-discussed-kaepernick-with-tannehill-hurt/ar-AApn41z?ocid=spartandhp

YardRat
08-04-2017, 04:33 PM

A PR nightmare.
A reward for your post on National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day!

https://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/mm/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn-image.realsimple.com%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fstyles%2Fportrait_435x518%2Fpublic%2Fimage%2Fimages%2F1112%2Fchocolatechip-cookies_300.jpg%3Fitok%3DCyWLR0n6&w=900&q=60

YardRat
08-04-2017, 04:35 PM
Fans aren't forcing their team to do anything. You are projecting that scenario onto these situations totally. How large of a demographic do you figure Cubans who hate Castro are to the bigger Dolphins fan base, anyway.

The guy wore a t-shirt.

If you remember, Zay Jones was wearing a t-shirt depicting O.J. Simpson's car chase when the Bills called him up to draft him. It was a minor story, and then went completely away. Who really cared that much in the first place?
https://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/mm/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn-image.realsimple.com%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fstyles%2Fportrait_435x518%2Fpublic%2Fimage%2Fimages%2F1112%2Fchocolatechip-cookies_300.jpg%3Fitok%3DCyWLR0n6&w=900&q=60

OpIv37
08-04-2017, 04:41 PM

The guy wore a t-shirt.

With another player, it might blow over. But the Cuba thing is one more knock on the guy in the eyes of some people. Balt is talking about signing him and there are a lot of people who are pissed, and this is where BLM started and we don't have a significant Cuban population.

Point is, teams aren't just considering his play. They're considering a negative fan reaction. And making football decisions for non-football reasons never works.

It's stupid too. Fans root for thugs and wife beaters and rapists and homophobes and occasionally murderers but they put their foot down when a guy doesn't stand for the anthem. **** that.

feldspar
08-04-2017, 05:03 PM
With another player, it might blow over. But the Cuba thing is one more knock on the guy in the eyes of some people. Balt is talking about signing him and there are a lot of people who are pissed, and this is where BLM started and we don't have a significant Cuban population.

Point is, teams aren't just considering his play. They're considering a negative fan reaction. And making football decisions for non-football reasons never works.

It's stupid too. Fans root for thugs and wife beaters and rapists and homophobes and occasionally murderers but they put their foot down when a guy doesn't stand for the anthem. **** that.

Yeah, **** 'em all. ;)

Night Train
08-04-2017, 05:07 PM
Moore is probably better than Kaepernick. He's beat the Bills more than once.

feldspar
08-04-2017, 05:24 PM

Finally!!!!

In appreciation, I'm going to go all-out gay here and say "yummers."

That's right, yummers.

SpikedLemonade
08-04-2017, 06:00 PM
Not only should the Bills sign him but he should also sing the National Anthem for all 10 home games with his fist in the air.

I have a dream.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCNkW2kNcjw

HHURRICANE
08-04-2017, 10:31 PM
Who are we kidding? Kapernick is a hypocrit. If he wants a stage to protest do it outside the place where teams and fans are paying his salary.

If he wants to be an advocate outside the stadium I'm totally fine with it. But inside the stadium he becomes a jerk.

chernobylwraiths
08-05-2017, 11:40 AM
I would like the Bills to sign Kaep if for nothing else than to see idiots' heads explode.

OpIv37
08-05-2017, 11:46 AM
Who are we kidding? Kapernick is a hypocrit. If he wants a stage to protest do it outside the place where teams and fans are paying his salary.

If he wants to be an advocate outside the stadium I'm totally fine with it. But inside the stadium he becomes a jerk.

Yeah, he shouldn't be an activist in front of 80k people and national tv cameras. He should go do it when no one's watching!

SpikedLemonade
08-05-2017, 12:13 PM
Yeah, he shouldn't be an activist in front of 80k people and national tv cameras. He should go do it when no one's watching!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3JBKYysMQw

WagonCircler
08-05-2017, 12:22 PM

You're God damned right. When he's on his own ****ing dime.

feldspar
08-05-2017, 01:02 PM
If I ever hear another word about this hump, it will be too soon.

OpIv37
08-05-2017, 05:26 PM
You're God damned right. When he's on his own ****ing dime.

Well this is pretty asinine. He gets paid to play football, not for what he does during the anthem.

If it was 4th and 1 at the goal line and, instead of running a play, he ran backwards to the 50 so he could stand there doing a black power fist, I'd agree with you. But what he does before the game starts is irrelevant as long as he's ready to play.

YardRat
08-05-2017, 05:36 PM
Well this is pretty asinine. He gets paid to play football, not for what he does during the anthem.

If it was 4th and 1 at the goal line and, instead of running a play, he ran backwards to the 50 so he could stand there doing a black power fist, I'd agree with you. But what he does before the game starts is irrelevant as long as he's ready to play.
So he's only 'on the clock' during the play of a game?

feldspar
08-05-2017, 05:45 PM
So he's only 'on the clock' during the play of a game?

He's on MY clock every time people want to rehash this thing into the ground.

I don't really have a problem with anything other than I'm sick to death of hearing about it, when all I'm doing is trying to watch football. The guy wanted attention, and now he's got it.

Meh.

SpikedLemonade
08-05-2017, 06:00 PM
I think Kaepernick is possibly fixable whereas I don't think Taylor is.

YardRat
08-05-2017, 06:02 PM
He's on MY clock every time people want to rehash this thing into the ground.

I don't really have a problem with anything other than I'm sick to death of hearing about it, when all I'm doing is trying to watch football. The guy wanted attention, and now he's got it.

Meh.
I would bet a shiny new quarter that some (maybe many) of the people that express concern that Kap is having trouble finding employment because of his politics are the same people that fully support a private company firing an employee for some non-politically correct comment they made on social media.

YardRat
08-05-2017, 06:19 PM
On a related note...

Dolphins will call Cutler, if Tannehill is out for a time. Has a history with the HC.

Dolphins reach out to Jay Cutler
http://www.foxsports.com/florida/story/miami-dolphins-ryan-tannehill-injury-jay-cutler-intrest-080517

stuckincincy
08-05-2017, 09:37 PM

...or when no one's paying to watch him, be it stadium tickets or cable/satellite fees.

He is like the concert performers who give the paying audience a bag of their political views on stage.

If he wants a venue to 'spress himself, he is free to do so. And pay for it out of his own pocketbook.

OpIv37
08-06-2017, 01:29 AM
...or when no one's paying to watch him, be it stadium tickets or cable/satellite fees.

He is like the concert performers who give the paying audience a bag of their political views on stage.

If he wants a venue to 'spress himself, he is free to do so. And pay for it out of his own pocketbook.

yeah so I guess every time you're on the clock, you never chit chat with a co-worker or grab a snack or read/send a text or take a leak. He gets paid to play football. He doesn't have to do that- in fact, he literally can't do that- during the anthem. Unless he's supposed to be singing the anthem himself, you have no argument.

Skooby
08-06-2017, 01:34 AM
yeah so I guess every time you're on the clock, you never chit chat with a co-worker or grab a snack or read/send a text or take a leak. He gets paid to play football. He doesn't have to do that- in fact, he literally can't do that- during the anthem. Unless he's supposed to be singing the anthem himself, you have no argument.
Bingo.

Generalissimus Gibby
08-06-2017, 03:09 AM
I would prefer them to sign Askew. . . .

justasportsfan
08-06-2017, 07:57 AM
Kaep made his bed. He can lay on it. If his football career or over because of his decision to follow fiancees cause, then so be it. Has asked for it

DetDannyWilliams
08-06-2017, 11:24 AM
did anyone see this...

:lolpoint:A group of fans who believe Colin Kaepernick (https://www.thescore.com/nfl/players/16048) is being blackballed by the NFL have launched a petition threatening to boycott the league if he isn't signed to a roster this season.

"We understand (the) NFL is very important to you. We also understand the purpose of Colin Kaepernick's protest is FAR more important than any games you will ever watch," the petition reads. "Simply put, if things stay the same for the way America - where 'all men are created equal' - treats people of color, then your loved ones, friends, and children will eventually be affected as well."

In addition to not watching any NFL games, the petition also asks supporters to avoid making social media comments about their favorite teams and not to purchase merchandise that represents the league or its teams until Kaepernick is signed.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1345453

SpikedLemonade
08-06-2017, 12:14 PM
did anyone see this...

:lolpoint:A group of fans who believe Colin Kaepernick (https://www.thescore.com/nfl/players/16048) is being blackballed by the NFL have launched a petition threatening to boycott the league if he isn't signed to a roster this season.

"We understand (the) NFL is very important to you. We also understand the purpose of Colin Kaepernick's protest is FAR more important than any games you will ever watch," the petition reads. "Simply put, if things stay the same for the way America - where 'all men are created equal' - treats people of color, then your loved ones, friends, and children will eventually be affected as well."

In addition to not watching any NFL games, the petition also asks supporters to avoid making social media comments about their favorite teams and not to purchase merchandise that represents the league or its teams until Kaepernick is signed.

Good for them!

CLEARLY, he has been blackballed by the league.

kishoph
08-06-2017, 01:39 PM
did anyone see this...

I would bet a good percentage of the signees aren't even "football fans". The NFL losing 20-30,000 casual fans will have about as much effect on the NFL as one dark hair would have on my head full of grey hair, zero.
I disagree with a lot of things that go on in the NFL with players and the league, but there's not a single one of them that will keep me from watching football.

OpIv37
08-06-2017, 03:58 PM
Good for them!

CLEARLY, he has been blackballed by the league.

I don't think he's being blackballed at the league level. I do think a lot of teams see him as a PR headache and they don't think he's worth the hassle.

Bill Cody
08-07-2017, 01:40 PM

If your relative was jailed/killed/kept in Cuba by Castro there's a damn good chance you are not going to be liking a guy wearing a pro Castro tee shirt, that's only natural and it's silly to say they shouldn't care. Lots of non football reasons for us to like or not like players, fans are not robots and neither are players.

Bill Cody
08-07-2017, 01:57 PM
As an aside, his protest was so broad and vague it was pretty ridiculous. He said "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color" . That's not a problem that's going to be fixed any time soon is it? And how does disrespecting the flag help towards that end? If the whole country kneeled during the anthem that would end racism? Just asking.

SpikedLemonade
08-07-2017, 02:04 PM
I don't think he's being blackballed at the league level. I do think a lot of teams see him as a PR headache and they don't think he's worth the hassle.

Either way, same result.

Skooby
08-07-2017, 02:06 PM
Colin said he was treated the worst in Buffalo, so this is about as likely to happen as his Castro shirt landing in Miami.

SpikedLemonade
08-07-2017, 02:06 PM
If your relative was jailed/killed/kept in Cuba by Castro there's a damn good chance you are not going to be liking a guy wearing a pro Castro tee shirt, that's only natural and it's silly to say they shouldn't care. Lots of non football reasons for us to like or not like players, fans are not robots and neither are players.
I bought that exact **** this past week while in Havana and I could NOT give two ****s about ex-rich Cubans still upset that their exploitative profits were properly taken away from their families over 55 years ago.

GET OVER IT!!!

OpIv37
08-07-2017, 02:40 PM

When fans create such a ****storm over just the idea of signing a player because of something unrelated to football that a team stops considering it, no good can come of it. You end up paying $10 million for Cutler instead of half that or less for Kap and will get the same result. Rooting for a guy to succeed on the football field doesn't mean you support the message on his t shirt.

OpIv37
08-07-2017, 02:44 PM
As an aside, his protest was so broad and vague it was pretty ridiculous. He said "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color" . That's not a problem that's going to be fixed any time soon is it? And how does disrespecting the flag help towards that end? If the whole country kneeled during the anthem that would end racism? Just asking.

It won't, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't do it.

I don't eat at Jimmy John's because the owner compensates for his small penis by going to Africa and shooting big game. I know my personal boycott won't hurt the chain any. I know Jimmy John will still be rich. I know he'll still shoot animals for no reason. But at least I'll know that I had no part in it happening.

Skooby
08-07-2017, 03:01 PM

I don't eat at Jimmy John's because the owner compensates for his small penis by going to Africa and shooting big game. I know my personal boycott won't hurt the chain any. I know Jimmy John will still be rich. I know he'll still shoot animals for no reason. But at least I'll know that I had no part in it happening.
We all have our places to avoid for our own reasons, it's all good.

Pennywise
08-07-2017, 06:04 PM
When fans create such a ****storm over just the idea of signing a player because of something unrelated to football that a team stops considering it, no good can come of it. You end up paying $10 million for Cutler instead of half that or less for Kap and will get the same result. Rooting for a guy to succeed on the football field doesn't mean you support the message on his t shirt.

If you have tne Bills/49ers game on DVR from last year, I suggest you go watch it.

Kaepernick is every bit as bad as JP Losman was. Cutler is Hall of Fame material compared to Kaepernick.

OpIv37
08-07-2017, 07:35 PM
If you have tne Bills/49ers game on DVR from last year, I suggest you go watch it.

Kaepernick is every bit as bad as JP Losman was. Cutler is Hall of Fame material compared to Kaepernick.

Eh, Cutler is somewhat better on the field but he's the worst locker room cancer of my lifetime, maybe ever. And expensive. Kap has definitely regressed and has his limitations, but when you figure the cost and the attitude, he's the better option

kishoph
08-08-2017, 03:50 AM
Eh, Cutler is somewhat better on the field but he's the worst locker room cancer of my lifetime, maybe ever. And expensive. Kap has definitely regressed and has his limitations, but when you figure the cost and the attitude, he's the better option

You're kidding, bigger than T.O., Ohco Cinco, Randy Moss, Keyshawn Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Percy Harvin ? Those are just the prima donna receivers that have been "cancers" in there locker rooms. Cutler may have had problems with teammates, but saying he was the "worst locker room cancer" isn't even close.

ticatfan
08-08-2017, 11:45 AM
With Ricky ray hurt I wonder if trestman tried to talk him in coming to the argos, or even cutler.

Bill Cody
08-08-2017, 11:55 AM

Easy for you to say, you might feel a lot differently if you were in their shoes. Anyway it's dumb to tell people how they should feel. They feel what they feel.

OpIv37
08-08-2017, 11:58 AM
Easy for you to say, you might feel a lot differently if you were in their shoes. Anyway it's dumb to tell people how they should feel. They feel what they feel.
I'm not telling people what to feel. I'm saying that they shouldn't let their feelings get in the way of other things in life. "I don't want that guy to do good at football because we disagree on Castro!" Seriously, it's asinine.

Bill Cody
08-08-2017, 12:01 PM

I can see what you're doing and why. You're actually taking a little business away from the chain. It may not matter really but I get it, it's a specific thing. It's not "I'm not going to eat out because America has racists" which is more along the lines of Kap's protest which is vague and pointless.

justasportsfan
08-08-2017, 12:04 PM
I'm not telling people what to feel. I'm saying that they shouldn't let their feelings get in the way of other things in life. .
Ha! Ironically.
Kaep didn't listen to you either.

Bill Cody
08-08-2017, 12:09 PM
I'm not telling people what to feel. I'm saying that they shouldn't let their feelings get in the way of other things in life. "I don't want that guy to do good at football because we disagree on Castro!" Seriously, it's asinine.

I would bet the Cubans in South Florida feel a lot stronger about Castro than they do about the Dolphins. They probably don't care much if Kaep is playing elsewhere, just not the leader of their team. Like some people wouldn't want a Michael Vick or an Adrian Peterson or a James Hardy on their squads even if they could help win games. You can argue "but those guys did real stuff not just wear a tee shirt"! Sure but what you think is important isn't necessarily what other people think. Anyway the Fins are running a business and it's only reasonable to take the opinions of the patrons into account whether you agree or not.

ticatfan
08-08-2017, 02:41 PM
I'm not telling people what to feel. I'm saying that they shouldn't let their feelings get in the way of other things in life. "I don't want that guy to do good at football because we disagree on Castro!" Seriously, it's asinine.People watch football/sports to get away from life's BS for a few hrs, he stepped over the line by bringing his political views to the game. A great lesson to everyone else out there thinking about doing the same.

OpIv37
08-08-2017, 03:00 PM
People watch football/sports to get away from life's BS for a few hrs, he stepped over the line by bringing his political views to the game. A great lesson to everyone else out there thinking about doing the same.

So he forced people to face reality when they were trying to escape it? Poor snowflake- he made you think about the world beyond yourself while you were stuffing your face with food and booze while watching a completely unnecessary spectacle.

WagonCircler
08-08-2017, 03:04 PM
So he forced people to face reality when they were trying to escape it? Poor snowflake- he made you think about the world beyond yourself while you were stuffing your face with food and booze while watching a completely unnecessary spectacle.

Fuuuuck you. This just in, "Hands up don't shoot" is a faerie tale. It never happened. And all of this BS that you swallow whole like you do **** is purely political propaganda.

Face it, your America-hating boyfriend shat in his own bed and now he needs to find a real job. THAT is the reality being faced, you whiny little *****.

Just STFU and go looking for things to be triggered by.

OpIv37
08-08-2017, 03:39 PM
Fuuuuck you. This just in, "Hands up don't shoot" is a faerie tale. It never happened. And all of this BS that you swallow whole like you do **** is purely political propaganda.

Face it, your America-hating boyfriend shat in his own bed and now he needs to find a real job. THAT is the reality being faced, you whiny little *****.

Just STFU and go looking for things to be triggered by.
Yeah that's the America we should live in- if you don't like someone's opinion or the way they express it, they should lose their career!

justasportsfan
08-08-2017, 03:55 PM
Yeah that's the America we should live in- if you don't like someone's opinion or the way they express it, they should lose their career!

That's the risk people take when they decide to mix their personal life with their professional life. Dont blame America for that. Kaep took the risk and he is lost

OpIv37
08-08-2017, 04:00 PM
That's the risk people take when they decide to mix their personal life with their professional life. Dont blame America for that. Kaep took the risk and he is lost

The guy was trying to make a difference. The only reason anyone listened was because of his professional life. If he was Colin the cab driver, his politics wouldn't matter. But his profession put eyes on hm and he tried to use it to do something he thought was good.

Your post comes down to "Know your place, boy!"

justasportsfan
08-08-2017, 04:14 PM
The guy was trying to make a difference. The only reason anyone listened was because of his professional life. If he was Colin the cab driver, his politics wouldn't matter. But his profession put eyes on hm and he tried to use it to do something he thought was good.

Your post comes down to "Know your place, boy!"

Not everyone thinks it was the right place and that he went about it the right way and he lost. Again, he took the risk and lost. He can reap what he sowed.

OpIv37
08-08-2017, 04:20 PM
Not everyone thinks it was the right place and that he went about it the right way and he lost. Again, he took the risk and lost. He can reap what he sowed.

So he deserves to lose his career because not everyone liked his approach? Please.

Some of you disaagree with him so you are desperately trying to find some reason why he shouldn't be allowed to do what he did, but the stuff you're coming up with is nonsensical crap. There is no defense for your "know your place, boy!"

feldspar
08-08-2017, 04:55 PM
So he deserves to lose his career because not everyone liked his approach? Please.

Some of you disaagree with him so you are desperately trying to find some reason why he shouldn't be allowed to do what he did, but the stuff you're coming up with is nonsensical crap. There is no defense for your "know your place, boy!"

Cry me a river.

There is very little difference between the reasons why this guy was payed astronomical amounts of dollars and why that opportunity was taken away from him...so far, anyway.

I can't think of a profession where your job is more of a popularity contest, can you?

He hasn't, you know, actually been vey good at his job in a long time either.

OpIv37
08-08-2017, 05:10 PM
Well yes, he's certainly regressed in terms of ability.

But do you honestly believe he's worse than all the other qb's currently on NFL rosters, especially with each team having 3-4 at this point in the preseason?

feldspar
08-08-2017, 06:04 PM
Well yes, he's certainly regressed in terms of ability.

But do you honestly believe he's worse than all the other qb's currently on NFL rosters, especially with each team having 3-4 at this point in the preseason?

Honestly?

I honestly don't give a ****...not even a little bit.

Seems there actually is such a thing as bad publicity. If teams don't want bad publicity, then who is to blame for that? The guy did to himself. Seems like he's not worth the headache. And, again, I don't give a ****.

Somebody will probably pick him up in a pinch, and you'll be able to sleep again at nights maybe. Until then, he'll be able to sleep soundly on his mountain of cash knowing he did all he could standing up for what he believes in by exploiting his celebrity.

Pennywise
08-08-2017, 06:12 PM
Let's face it....Kaepernick is backup material in a league that doesn't have very good starters at his position to begin with.

Talent-wise, should he have a job? Probably. As a backup.

But if you are going to bring the distraction he WILL bring with him, you only put up with that from a starter....not a clip board holder.

YardRat
08-08-2017, 06:27 PM

I still say I can go back into a couple of old threads where somebody got fired by their employer for saying/posting something not so politically correct and the same people that are supporting Kap right now were probably supporting the employer back then.

YardRat
08-08-2017, 06:43 PM
Do a search for 'Schilling', 'Sacco' and 'Yelp' for starters.

DraftBoy
08-08-2017, 06:50 PM
The concept, not the constitutional right, of Free Speech has consequences and sometimes they are consequences we either support or don't support. I think Kap is getting a raw deal, but I also understand the optics of his statement.

When you take a stand like his, then you have to know that there will be ramifications. This is clearly one of those ramifications and it very well may cost him the remainder of his career.

OpIv37
08-08-2017, 07:59 PM
The concept, not the constitutional right, of Free Speech has consequences and sometimes they are consequences we either support or don't support. I think Kap is getting a raw deal, but I also understand the optics of his statement.

When you take a stand like his, then you have to know that there will be ramifications. This is clearly one of those ramifications and it very well may cost him the remainder of his career.
And that is one of the ****ty things about living in this country. The government more or less leaves us alone in terms of what we can and but we completely **** over each other based on poorly defined criteria.

DraftBoy
08-08-2017, 08:09 PM
And that is one of the ****ty things about living in this country. The government more or less leaves us alone in terms of what we can and but we completely **** over each other based on poorly defined criteria.

Was your view the same when the Yahoo Exec got canned for his support of Prop 8?

Joe Fo Sho
08-08-2017, 08:18 PM
If you guys really care that much, you can go to the rally planned for the support of Colin to either support him or tell him how much of a moron he is. Just to summarize, this rally is to support a man who has made $43,479,216 in his 6 years in the NFL who then VOLUNTARILY opted out of his contract that could have potentially earned him 10's of millions of dollars more after he asked for an opt out clause to be added into his contract in 2016 because he lost his starting job to a quarterback who outplayed him in 2015...a man named, Blaine Gabbert. This poor, tortured soul can no longer land a job in the NFL because he chose to use his employer's business as a forum to spread his beliefs about our society during business hours and doesn't seem to understand that their are consequences to his actions. Oh, and they spelled his name wrong.

https://media.tmz.com/2017/08/08/0808-spike-lee-rally-for-kaepernick-twitter-2.jpg

Skooby
08-08-2017, 08:31 PM
This guy has zero to do with Buffalo & said we treated him the worst when he visited, so why are we talking about this A-hole ?

justasportsfan
08-08-2017, 09:16 PM

Huh ? Where did I say he shouldn't have been allowed to do what he did? I am just saying he deserved what he got because he asked for it good or bad.

Good for him that he got some praises from some people for what he did. Good for him that he might have gotten brownie points for doing something that he decided to do after he hooked up with his finace' who is with BLM. He didn't have such a cause until he got punani whipped.

He has every way to feel and act about what he did just as everyone else has every right to feel and act their was about what he did.

If I don't agree with him, I have that right.

ticatfan
08-09-2017, 08:34 AM
So he forced people to face reality when they were trying to escape it? Poor snowflake- he made you think about the world beyond yourself while you were stuffing your face with food and booze while watching a completely unnecessary spectacle.The man is playing game and being paid millions of dollars, he should just STFU. Most fans will not make a million in a life time. But people like you that have been so suck in with the white guilt ,it makes it easy for a holes to do this ****. If he wants to do something about donate his money to a cause and go work for it. Sitting on you arse or on one knee does nothing but cause division and just pisses people off. That gets nothing done as he found out. And that rally that had for him, the organizers should at least learn how to spell his name.

ticatfan
08-09-2017, 08:36 AM
And that is one of the ****ty things about living in this country. The government more or less leaves us alone in terms of what we can and but we completely **** over each other based on poorly defined criteria.If you are feel so guilty about it, get out yourself and protest and donate your money to the cause. Just stay away from the games.

WagonCircler
08-09-2017, 09:27 AM

This is the biggest problem with America-hating azzwipes like you. You're always blaming things you don't like about human nature on America. Nowhere in the history of this planet has there been a place where words or actions are free from ramifications of some sort.

But morons like you blame the Constitution or fellow Americans, because you're not bright enough to grasp the concept that not everyone sees things through your eyes.

When you support Castro, who murdered thousands of people simply because they disagreed with him, you will never be immune from hatred from the descendants of those he murdered.

Have someone with a brain explain that to you.

OpIv37
08-09-2017, 09:35 AM
The man is playing game and being paid millions of dollars, he should just STFU. Most fans will not make a million in a life time. But people like you that have been so suck in with the white guilt ,it makes it easy for a holes to do this ****. If he wants to do something about donate his money to a cause and go work for it. Sitting on you arse or on one knee does nothing but cause division and just pisses people off. That gets nothing done as he found out. And that rally that had for him, the organizers should at least learn how to spell his name.

Umm he does donate money. Lots of it.

OpIv37
08-09-2017, 11:03 PM
This is the biggest problem with America-hating azzwipes like you. You're always blaming things you don't like about human nature on America. Nowhere in the history of this planet has there been a place where words or actions are free from ramifications of some sort.

But morons like you blame the Constitution or fellow Americans, because you're not bright enough to grasp the concept that not everyone sees things through your eyes.

When you support Castro, who murdered thousands of people simply because they disagreed with him, you will never be immune from hatred from the descendants of those he murdered.

Have someone with a brain explain that to you.

Relax, snowflake. The only reason why I brought up the US is because our government (mostly) gives us freedom of speech. The rest of the world doesn't.

Cubans are free to hate Castro, just like Kap is free to support him.

The piece you continue to miss is that Kap is losing his career over his political views. Is that really the country you want to live in? Where someone can be denied their livelihood because they have a controversial view?

The whole reason "freedom of speech" exists on the constitutional level is so controversial views can't be immediately dismissed. Lots of good things came from ideas that were controversial or offensive at the time they were uttered.

Do you REALLY think that you don't have any views that other people would see as offensive or controversial? Do you REALLY think it's ok for a man to lose his entire livelihood cuz some Cubans in Miami don't like his T-shirt?

Once again, it comes down to people you saying "Know your place, boy!" and jumping through hoops to try to find a way to justify why that's acceptable.

ticatfan
08-10-2017, 08:35 AM
Kap has a right to protest, just like the NFL teams have a right not to hire him. He gambled and lost. Now suck it up and try the CFL.

OpIv37
08-10-2017, 09:10 AM
Kap has a right to protest, just like the NFL teams have a right not to hire him. He gambled and lost. Now suck it up and try the CFL.

"Know your place, boy! Don't you dare have an opinion we don't like or it'll cost you your career!"

Skooby
08-10-2017, 09:12 AM
Colin also grew up entitled so this is a spoiled brat complaining about inequality with white parents, boo Hoo.

Joe Fo Sho
08-10-2017, 09:17 AM
"Know your place, boy! Don't you dare have an opinion we don't like or it'll cost you your career!"

Well, when your career is in the eye of the public...that's kind of the name of the game, right? It cost Sterling the Clippers, because he was such a racist. Should Sterling have been able to keep his team because of his opinion? The NBA should have just looked the other way?

Why should an NFL owner be forced to hire someone who could potentially cost them money?

SpikedLemonade
08-10-2017, 09:47 AM
Colin also grew up entitled so this is a spoiled brat complaining about inequality with white parents, boo Hoo.

So what?

Must he come from poverty if he has a dream?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vDWWy4CMhE&t=4s

OpIv37
08-10-2017, 10:05 AM
Well, when your career is in the eye of the public...that's kind of the name of the game, right? It cost Sterling the Clippers, because he was such a racist. Should Sterling have been able to keep his team because of his opinion? The NBA should have just looked the other way?

Why should an NFL owner be forced to hire someone who could potentially cost them money?
Why should people be dicks and **** over someone else's career because they don't like their opinion? If people didn't do that, your question becomes irrelevant.

OpIv37
08-10-2017, 10:06 AM
This is completely irrelevant to the discussion.

Just because he didn't personally experience inequity doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Joe Fo Sho
08-10-2017, 10:08 AM
Why should people be dicks and **** over someone else's career because they don't like their opinion? If people didn't do that, your question becomes irrelevant.

So there's no opinion someone could hold that should disqualify them for a job in any field/market?

Are you taking the side of both Kaepernick and Donald Sterling? You might be the only person on the planet that is doing that.

OpIv37
08-10-2017, 10:16 AM
So there's no opinion someone could hold that should disqualify them for a job in any field/market?

Are you taking the side of both Kaepernick and Donald Sterling? You might be the only person on the planet that is doing that.

Hmmm...

I'm going to have to ponder this for a second.

However, I'm still perplexed as to how people who root for wife beaters, drug users, drunk drivers and occasionally even murderers completely lose their **** cuz a guy didn't stand for a song.

justasportsfan
08-10-2017, 10:28 AM
However, I'm still perplexed as to how people who root for wife beaters, drug users, drunk drivers and occasionally even murderers completely lose their **** cuz a guy didn't stand for a song.

Or if someone got on one knee to pray to his creator before playing a game. Just like Tebow, Kaep put himself out there for people to react to , good or bad.

ticatfan
08-10-2017, 10:30 AM
Umm he does donate money. Lots of it.That's good, I did not know because I really don't care. Just keep the BS away from the game.

ticatfan
08-10-2017, 10:32 AM
Hmmm...

However, I'm still perplexed as to how people who root for wife beaters, drug users, drunk drivers and occasionally even murderers completely lose their **** cuz a guy didn't stand for a song.That is the American way and here also. People love to cheer for the multi Millionaire that spits in your face, then some one making less then you playing in the CFL. Some people just cant get enough rich ass to kiss.

OpIv37
08-10-2017, 10:34 AM
Or if someone got on one knee to pray to his creator before playing a game. Just like Tebow, Kaep put himself out there for people to react to , good or bad.

Tebow was kinda the opposite. I'm not aware of anyone not watching/supporting him cuz prayed. I saw a lot of people rooting for him because they wanted to see a devout Christian succeed, and it caused many of them to refuse to see how bad he was in the NFL.

Hell, it's still happening. The guy's playing Minor League baseball and recently got called up a level despite having a paltry average of like .219 or something.

justasportsfan
08-10-2017, 11:01 AM
Tebow was kinda the opposite. I'm not aware of anyone not watching/supporting him cuz prayed. I saw a lot of people rooting for him because they wanted to see a devout Christian succeed, and it caused many of them to refuse to see how bad he was in the NFL.

Hell, it's still happening. The guy's playing Minor League baseball and recently got called up a level despite having a paltry average of like .219 or something.

Tebow still received some backlash but not as bad as Kaep. I agree that it's different but still , theres an action and reaction to both.

I do agree that there is truth to what he is fighting for but in my opinion it's only because he is doing it because he is whipped by his fiance'. I doubt he'd be doing it if he didn't hook up with her.

OpIv37
08-10-2017, 11:06 AM
Tebow still received some backlash but not as bad as Kaep. I agree that it's different but still , theres an action and reaction to both.

I do agree that there is truth to what he is fighting for but in my opinion it's only because he is doing it because he is whipped by his fiance'. I doubt he'd be doing it if he didn't hook up with her.
Uggghh that would be even worse. It's one thing to lose his career over a cause he's fighting for. It's another thing to lose his career cuz he's pussy-whipped.

k-oneputt
08-10-2017, 11:12 AM
He doesn't have a job because he sucks.
His play isn't good enough to overlook all his baggage, if it was he would be playing right now.

Simple really.
To bad all these idiots want to blame it on race.

Bill Cody
08-10-2017, 11:51 AM
There are also football issues to consider. Kaep is not good enough to be a starter and as a backup he can only perform in certain offenses. The book on him is that he can't read defenses very well and they had to use schemes to divide the field in half to reduce the number of options, that's been the case for his whole career. That doesn't sound like an ideal back up to me.

If he was playing like he was 4 years ago a number of teams would deal with the media distraction and potential impact on the locker room Kap absolutely brings. But as a backup that may not be a fit for your offense? Seriously how many jobs are open that sound like a fit for that? In Buffalo it would only make sense if he was better than TT which he isn't. Ideally we need our backup to be a developmental guy that could end up being our starter.

That ain't Kap. No way, no how even without the fact that he brings the circus to town with him.

But let's say there was a team that needed a backup and the offense fit Kap like a glove. If alternate candidate A is rated a 70 but isn't going to be a distraction and Kap is a 75 who would most NFL coaches take? To deny that coaches hate distractions is to deny reality.

Joe Fo Sho
08-10-2017, 12:00 PM
Hmmm...

Yeah, I get it.

For a long time, I've been of the position that I don't care what these guys do off the field. I don't want to hear about it. I miss the days when all the stories you heard about players were just rumors and no one really knew because everyone didn't have cameras in their pockets or the cops would look the other way.

I don't care about Kaepernick kneeling during the national anthem, that's his right. Hell, I sit on my ass with a bag of chips in my hand while I watch the national anthem on TV. I just think that since he has the right to do what he did, the NFL owners should have the right to do what they want. No one should be forced into hiring him, I don't even know how you could enforce such a thing anyway.

I also don't think it's his opinion that most people disagree with, because his opinion is that there should be equal rights for everyone. That's a lot of people's opinion. They just don't like the way he went about voicing his opinion.

Joe Fo Sho
08-10-2017, 12:07 PM
There are also football issues to consider. Kaep is not good enough to be a starter and as a backup he can only perform in certain offenses. The book on him is that he can't read defenses very well and they had to use schemes to divide the field in half to reduce the number of options, that's been the case for his whole career. That doesn't sound like an ideal back up to me.

If he was playing like he was 4 years ago a number of teams would deal with the media distraction and potential impact on the locker room Kap absolutely brings. But as a backup that may not be a fit for your offense? Seriously how many jobs are open that sound like a fit for that? In Buffalo it would only make sense if he was better than TT which he isn't. Ideally we need our backup to be a developmental guy that could end up being our starter.

That ain't Kap. No way, no how even without the fact that he brings the circus to town with him.

But let's say there was a team that needed a backup and the offense fit Kap like a glove. If alternate candidate A is rated a 70 but isn't going to be a distraction and Kap is a 75 who would most NFL coaches take? To deny that coaches hate distractions is to deny reality.

Joe Thomas said it best a few months ago:

"Teams don't currently view him as a starting QB, and NFL teams accept ZERO distractions from their backup QBs."

It's a pretty easy concept to grasp.

Skooby
08-10-2017, 02:09 PM
This is completely irrelevant to the discussion.

Just because he didn't personally experience inequity doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

He isn't the best spokesperson for this because of it & his message wasn't well received so I find it quite relative.

JoeMama
08-10-2017, 02:23 PM
To be clear, if Russell Wilson or Tom Brady were the ones who took a knee during the anthem, teams would still bend over backwards to sign them.

Kaep suffers from a lack of passing ability to accompany his protest, which makes for an easy hiring freeze. Very few teams are willing to sign someone who's considered a "distraction" unless there's considerable upside.

Rule no. 1 if you have celebrity status in this country. Know your audience. Kaep has to understand that the bulk of NFL fans are male, white, and conservative (likely in that order). You disrespect the flag, you're going to be in their doghouse. And teams generally don't want to piss off their fans unnecessarily because of $$$.

Night Train
08-10-2017, 02:36 PM
Kap isn't good. Harbaugh left 3 years ago and he fell apart.

Bills are thinking ahead with two 1st round picks in a loaded 2018 QB class. Don't blame them.

OpIv37
08-10-2017, 02:44 PM
To be clear, if Russell Wilson or Tom Brady were the ones who took a knee during the anthem, teams would still bend over backwards to sign them.

Kaep suffers from a lack of passing ability to accompany his protest, which makes for an easy hiring freeze. Very few teams are willing to sign someone who's considered a "distraction" unless there's considerable upside.

Rule no. 1 if you have celebrity status in this country. Know your audience. Kaep has to understand that the bulk of NFL fans are male, white, and conservative (likely in that order). You disrespect the flag, you're going to be in their doghouse. And teams generally don't want to piss off their fans unnecessarily because of $$$.

To be clear, he did something considered disrespectful during the national anthem. That's not disprecting the flag, or disrespecting the troops as some have claimed.

JoeMama
08-10-2017, 02:53 PM
To be clear, he did something considered disrespectful during the national anthem. That's not disprecting the flag, or disrespecting the troops as some have claimed.

No of course it's not, but I'm talking about perception from the average NFL fan's point of view.

I found Kaep's protest completely understandable and acceptable, personally. But most fans did not. Which is why signing him probably feels radioactive around NFL front offices right now.

SpikedLemonade
08-10-2017, 03:54 PM
No of course it's not, but I'm talking about perception from the average NFL fan's point of view.

I found Kaep's protest completely understandable and acceptable, personally. But most fans did not. Which is why signing him probably feels radioactive around NFL front offices right now.

Screw "the average NFL fan's point of view" Joe.

Screw them.

Screw them in the ass.

Why should this be a race to the bottom?

I watch the NFL to deal with the pain and NOT the insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpDmklLFXVc

Pennywise
08-10-2017, 04:15 PM
Relax, snowflake. The only reason why I brought up the US is because our government (mostly) gives us freedom of speech. The rest of the world doesn't.

Cubans are free to hate Castro, just like Kap is free to support him.

The piece you continue to miss is that Kap is losing his career over his political views. Is that really the country you want to live in? Where someone can be denied their livelihood because they have a controversial view?

The whole reason "freedom of speech" exists on the constitutional level is so controversial views can't be immediately dismissed. Lots of good things came from ideas that were controversial or offensive at the time they were uttered.

Do you REALLY think that you don't have any views that other people would see as offensive or controversial? Do you REALLY think it's ok for a man to lose his entire livelihood cuz some Cubans in Miami don't like his T-shirt?

Once again, it comes down to people you saying "Know your place, boy!" and jumping through hoops to try to find a way to justify why that's acceptable.
Yeah, I do.

I believe in the right not to employ someone that could possibly hurt my product.

If you owned a well to do business, and I will take this to the extreme.......if somebody said America deserved what happened on 9-11, and that person was qualified to do a job within your business, would you hire that person?

If you did, you're nuts.

OpIv37
08-10-2017, 05:15 PM
Yeah, I do.

I believe in the right not to employ someone that could possibly hurt my product.

If you owned a well to do business, and I will take this to the extreme.......if somebody said America deserved what happened on 9-11, and that person was qualified to do a job within your business, would you hire that person?

If you did, you're nuts.

So our freedom of speech is essentially useless if controversial opinions makes one unemployable.

Joe Fo Sho
08-10-2017, 05:32 PM
So our freedom of speech is essentially useless if controversial opinions makes one unemployable.

Kaepernick is not unemployable. He can get any number of jobs that don't pay him $10MM per year.

OpIv37
08-10-2017, 05:54 PM
Kaepernick is not unemployable. He can get any number of jobs that don't pay him $10MM per year.

Oh I get it- so you can't have controversial opinions and get a good job. That's makes so much more sense...

OpIv37
08-10-2017, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I do.

If you did, you're nuts.

Well, I guess it depends. If I was a small business with a lot of local competition- say, a bar or restaurant- I'd probably leery about hiring staff that would say controversial things about 9/11 to the customer, especially if I lived in an area that had a lot of conservatives or near a military base or something like that. If I was the manager at Wegmans, I don't think I'd care. No one in their right mind would stop shopping at Wegmans cuz one cashier said the US deserved 9/11.

Now, if Danny Wegman sent out a press release that said "The US deserved 9/11 cuz of our ****ty foreign policy. I encourage more attacks against the US until the foreign policy is changed, and it will be Wegmans corporate policy to support ISIS and similar groups until it happens," then I'd stop shopping there.

It's pretty ****ty of people to boycott a team that employs hundreds of people or a league that employs thousands because of the opinions of one guy.

Novacane
08-10-2017, 06:09 PM

Congress shall make no law ....................... abridging the freedom of speech. The government is not the one not hiring him. This has nothing to do with freedom of speech.

OpIv37
08-10-2017, 06:22 PM
Congress shall make no law ....................... abridging the freedom of speech. The government is not the one not hiring him. This has nothing to do with freedom of speech.

Well, in the technical government sense, no.

In the real sense, this has everything to do with truly being able to speak freely. Like I said before, the government pretty much leaves us alone when it comes to free speech. But we completely **** over each other when it comes to speech.

At least when oppressive governments crack down on speech, people know what they can and can't say without consequences. Here, there's this invisible, poorly defined, constantly shifting line that carries social consequences when it's crossed. And both the right and the left are equally bad. The left nails anyone who says something that can be interpreted as politically incorrect- racist, homophobic, sexist or whatever. The right nails anyone who says something that's offensive to Christians or mocks America or generally anything profane or sexual.

And the constitutional free speech wasn't put into place to protect benign statements. It exists to protect controversial ones. But we've taken that away from each other without the government needing to lift a finger.

YardRat
08-10-2017, 07:46 PM
C'mon Op, you're applying a severe double standard and you should know it. You know damn well if Kap were a skinhead, racist white supremacist spouting a 'controversial' viewpoint that you didn't agree with you would be all about him being unemployable.

OpIv37
08-10-2017, 07:55 PM
C'mon Op, you're applying a severe double standard and you should know it. You know damn well if Kap were a skinhead, racist white supremacist spouting a 'controversial' viewpoint that you didn't agree with you would be all about him being unemployable.

Show me one time where I've ever said anyone should lose their job over controversial views.

If Kap were a white supremacist but he was the QB for the Bills and put up Brady numbers, I'd still root for the Bills to win but I'd hate myself for it.

And btw, the original skinheads were Oi! punks from England who worked and lived around a lot of Jamaican immigrants and liked reggae music. They weren't racist at all. But they were tough working class guys who liked angry music, drinking and fighting and quickly got a reputation for being hooligans, so the white supremacists were all too willing to appropriate their look. Just thought I'd point that out.

Joe Fo Sho
08-10-2017, 07:58 PM
Oh I get it- so you can't have controversial opinions and get a good job. That's makes so much more sense...

There are no good jobs that make less than $10MM per year? There are definitely people that make an incredibly good living while voicing their controversial opinions, because of how they go about voicing them. Colin can learn a thing or two from them.

But seriously man, what a poor, poor millionaire Kaepernick is. He can't even get a decent job making $10MM per year. We should really do something about this, what has this country come to if millionaires can't say whatever they want and continue to make their millions and millions.

Do you want to car pool to the Kaepernick rally or should we just meet there?

OpIv37
08-10-2017, 08:03 PM
There are no good jobs that make less than $10MM per year? There are definitely people that make an incredibly good living while voicing their controversial opinions, because of how they go about voicing them. Colin can learn a thing or two from them.

But seriously man, what a poor, poor millionaire Kaepernick is. He can't even get a decent job making $10MM per year. We should really do something about this, what has this country come to if millionaires can't say whatever they want and continue to make their millions and millions.

Do you want to car pool to the Kaepernick rally or should we just meet there?

So, what you are saying is "if you make a lot of money, keep your damn mouth shut or you won't be able to keep making it." Hmmm.

Novacane
08-10-2017, 08:11 PM
I think CK thinks he's better than he is. I bet he'd have a job by now but he wants to much money.

OpIv37
08-10-2017, 08:15 PM
I think CK thinks he's better than he is. I bet he'd have a job by now but he wants to much money.

That's a distinct possibility too, especially because he probably has some scumbag agent.

Joe Fo Sho
08-10-2017, 08:18 PM
So, what you are saying is "if you make a lot of money, keep your damn mouth shut or you won't be able to keep making it." Hmmm.

It depends on what your market is. Why are you making a ton of money? Because you're good at sports and trying to selling millions of fans your jersey? Or are you an executive at an enterprise software company? One of them can probably voice his opinion at work a lot easier than the other.

If you make money off of the general public, you better keep a good reputation in the community. It's really a very simple concept/business strategy.

OpIv37
08-10-2017, 08:20 PM
It depends on what your market is. Why are you making a ton of money? Because you're good at sports and trying to selling millions of fans your jersey? Or are you an executive at an enterprise software company? One of them can probably voice his opinion at work a lot easier than the other.

If you make money off of the general public, you better keep a good reputation in the community. It's really a very simple concept/business strategy.
So, please explain to me how software companies make money without selling to the general public. I'd really like to know.

LarryBoy
08-10-2017, 08:22 PM

Yup.....This is America...

He has the right to speak freely...

fans have a right to dislike what he says....

Owners have a right not to hire him....

No where in Freedom of speech does it say that you can say whatever you want to and then hide under it without repercussions for what you said.

OpIv37
08-10-2017, 08:27 PM
Yup.....This is America...

He has the right to speak freely...

fans have a right to dislike what he says....

Owners have a right not to hire him....

No where in Freedom of speech does it say that you can say whatever you want to and then hide under it without repercussions for what you said.
Well if there are repercussions for free speech then it isn't really free.

Once again, the government largely leaves us alone when it comes to speech. But the reason the constitutional version of free speech exists is to protect controversial speech. We've taken that away from each other.

LarryBoy
08-10-2017, 08:30 PM

Once again, the government largely leaves us alone when it comes to speech. But the reason the constitutional version of free speech exists is to protect controversial speech. We've taken that away from each other.

You have the freedom to go tell your boss hes an ass...lemme know how that works out...repercussions.

Joe Fo Sho
08-10-2017, 08:30 PM
So, please explain to me how software companies make money without selling to the general public. I'd really like to know.

Enterprise software sells to big business. Have you ever used Oracle at home? It's a business valued at over $100 billion, I use it at work (and it's a piece of crap, BTW). If the vice president of product development was schooling his employees about how society needs to change, I bet it wouldn't affect his job security, as long as his performance didn't decrease.

Even if it was the software manager of Microsoft Word, he could say what he wanted at work and 99.999% of his users would have no idea...because he isn't in the eye of the public.

OpIv37
08-10-2017, 08:33 PM
Enterprise software sells to big business. Have you ever used Oracle at home? It's a business valued at over $100 billion, I use it at work (and it's a piece of crap, BTW). If the vice president of product development was schooling his employees about how society needs to change, I bet it wouldn't affect his job security, as long as his performance didn't decrease.

Even if it was the software manager of Microsoft Word, he could say what he wanted at work and 99.999% of his users would have no idea...because he isn't in the eye of the public.
ok, but that also means he has a tiny fraction of the audience Kap has and his message won't go nearly as far or do nearly as much good.

So the message is now "say what you want as long as no one is listening"

Joe Fo Sho
08-10-2017, 08:42 PM
ok, but that also means he has a tiny fraction of the audience Kap has and his message won't go nearly as far or do nearly as much good.

So the message is now "say what you want as long as no one is listening"

If you want to make a change in the world, then focus on making a change in the world. If you want to play football, play football. If you want to be a martyr, don't get mad when you become a martyr.

I still think that no one is upset about what Kaepernick is saying, they just don't like how he went about voicing it. Say whatever you want off the field. He would have been better served focusing on football, actually being good at it, get a following behind him, creating a foundation and used all the extra money he would have made to help his cause. He went about making a change in a terrible way, and he is feeling the effects of that.

OpIv37
08-10-2017, 08:53 PM
If you want to make a change in the world, then focus on making a change in the world. If you want to play football, play football. If you want to be a martyr, don't get mad when you become a martyr.

I still think that no one is upset about what Kaepernick is saying, they just don't like how he went about voicing it. Say whatever you want off the field. He would have been better served focusing on football, actually being good at it, get a following behind him, creating a foundation and used all the extra money he would have made to help his cause. He went about making a change in a terrible way, and he is feeling the effects of that.

I don't know why you assume he wanted to be a martyr just because he wanted to get a message out.

Joe Fo Sho
08-10-2017, 08:58 PM
I don't know why you assume he wanted to be a martyr just because he wanted to get a message out.

Ok, take that sentence out.

OpIv37
08-10-2017, 09:01 PM
Ok, take that sentence out.

So then you're shocked that a young kid with tons of fame and money went about something the wrong way? Well, that's certainly never happened before....

Joe Fo Sho
08-10-2017, 09:23 PM
So then you're shocked that a young kid with tons of fame and money went about something the wrong way? Well, that's certainly never happened before....

I am neither shocked, amused, happy, appalled, or in any way angry about how Colin Kaepernick has done anything in his life. What I do think, is that a 'young kid' whose 30th birthday is in 3 months should be held accountable for his actions. How awful of me.

OpIv37
08-10-2017, 10:01 PM
I am neither shocked, amused, happy, appalled, or in any way angry about how Colin Kaepernick has done anything in his life. What I do think, is that a 'young kid' whose 30th birthday is in 3 months should be held accountable for his actions. How awful of me.
What actions? Who died? Who got hurt? Whose property got damaged?

A bunch of right-wing snowflakes got their panties in a bunch. That's it.

DraftBoy
08-11-2017, 05:44 AM
The only reason why I brought up the US is because our government (mostly) gives us freedom of speech.

But you're misrepresenting what free speech is.

DraftBoy
08-11-2017, 05:48 AM

That's complete crap and you know it. Freedom must be able to cut both ways.

YardRat
08-11-2017, 05:57 AM
So how is everybody feeling about the Google engineer and his manifesto today?

DraftBoy
08-11-2017, 07:04 AM

The same as always.

JoeMama
08-11-2017, 07:16 AM

Exactly the same way I feel about Kaep.

If you use your workplace as a platform to make political statements, consequences come with the territory.

feldspar
08-11-2017, 07:17 AM

Explain...

Joe Fo Sho
08-11-2017, 07:40 AM
What actions? Who died? Who got hurt? Whose property got damaged?

A bunch of right-wing snowflakes got their panties in a bunch. That's it.

Everyone who cried when he was kneeling is a snowflake, and everyone who wants to force an NFL team to hire him is a snowflake. This entire situation is filled with snowflakes. They're all friggin' 10-ply, bud.

JoeMama
08-11-2017, 07:46 AM
Everyone who cried when he was kneeling is a snowflake, and everyone who wants to force an NFL team to hire him is a snowflake. This entire situation is filled with snowflakes. They're all friggin' 10-ply, bud.

Isn't it great not being easily offended by broad social statements and events?

Kaep takes a knee during the anthem. Don't care.

Kaep can't find a new team. Don't care.

Joe Fo Sho
08-11-2017, 07:51 AM
Isn't it great not being easily offended by broad social statements and events?

Kaep takes a knee during the anthem. Don't care.

Kaep can't find a new team. Don't care.

Ha, yeah it's not bad.

SpikedLemonade
08-11-2017, 08:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqH_0LPVoho

WagonCircler
08-11-2017, 12:00 PM

There's a significant difference between the actions of the Google engineer and those of Kaepernick. The "Google Manifesto" was an internal memo, written to affect change within an organization. Kaepernick's actions were a public stunt to protest a fairy tale that never happened, and in an extremely public forum where it was totally out of place.

That being said, I agree with everything the Google engineer said, but I also think Google has every right to fire him. While I think their PC agenda is nonsense based on complete BS, it's their right to control their own corporate culture, misguided as it may be.

sahlensguy
08-18-2017, 09:37 AM
Cut TT. Sign Kap. Faith restored.

WagonCircler
08-18-2017, 11:11 AM
Cut TT. Sign Kap. Faith restored.

******* Kaepernick.

sahlensguy
08-18-2017, 11:26 AM
******* Kaepernick.

Kap > TT.

WagonCircler
08-18-2017, 01:48 PM
Kap > TT.

Actually, no. He isn't. And Tyrod sucks.

sahlensguy
08-18-2017, 02:16 PM
Actually, no. He isn't. And Tyrod sucks.

Sure he is.

Kap beats Tyrod in 300 yard games, 7-1.

Kap throws for 177 yards per game to Tyrod's 145.

Kap threw for more than 1 td per game. Tyrod throws for less than 1 td per game.

Kap has a 4-2 playoff record. Tyrod will never start in one.

OpIv37
08-18-2017, 02:40 PM
Sure he is.

Kap threw for more than 1 td per game. Tyrod throws for less than 1 td per game.

Kap's numbers have declined significantly without Harbaugh and he doesn't know our system, and the season starts in 4 weeks.

WagonCircler
08-18-2017, 02:59 PM
Sure he is.

Swap the teams and the numbers swap too. They're both ****ty QBs.

You may as well get used to it, your SJW boyfriend is done.

sahlensguy
08-18-2017, 03:04 PM
Kap's numbers have declined significantly without Harbaugh and he doesn't know our system, and the season starts in 4 weeks.

Not terrible though. Besides his 1-10 record in 2016, he statistically probably had a better year than 2015. In 2016 he had a 16-4 td to interception ratio, threw for a 59.2% completion rate and had a 90.7 QB rating.

Can't deny he doesn't know the system though.

Bill Cody
08-18-2017, 03:11 PM
Sure he is.

2016 Kaep was not better than Tyrod and that's the player we'd be getting. Guy was 1-10 last year. He's not....he's not.....he's not good

sahlensguy
08-18-2017, 03:17 PM
2016 Kaep was not better than Tyrod and that's the player we'd be getting. Guy was 1-10 last year. He's not....he's not.....he's not good

Kap did have a better td to interception ratio than Tyrod did last year. He threw for more tds per game and did have a higher QB rating.

It's probably a wash but Kap did play on a worse team.

Bill Cody
08-18-2017, 03:23 PM
Kap did have a better td to interception ratio than Tyrod did last year. He threw for more tds per game and did have a higher QB rating.

You're nitpicking, the numbers are very close, it is a wash.

Thurmal
08-18-2017, 05:30 PM

The conversation ends at 1-10 as a starter. When you're a QB that's behind all the time, teams will let you throw on them at will to run off clock. Anyway, Kaepernick doesn't really want to play. He let his militant GF blow up the Baltimore deal by calling the owner of the Ravens a slave-owner, for no reason at all, while Baltimore was courting him! He's hellbent on martyrdom, because even he knows he sucks now. My bro went to the SF game last year for his return with some family of ours that lives in Buffalo, and I couldn't go b/c of a work issue the following Monday. Huge regret. God, I would've loved seeing, in person, that scumbag getting the breaks beat off him the way he did. Ugghhh.

Mike
08-22-2017, 05:51 AM
See this is something I dont understand. I know stories about jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas that are 10000 times worse than what Kaep did and yet I still watch them

This is typical tribal behavior:
Blindly doing everything you can to preserve your tribe even if it means defending the immoral.

Even in the Catholic Church priest that brought up the molestation issue were severely reprimanded and excommunicated while the church protected the child molesters.

The rebels that point out the issues and try to solve them are often the ones that get the most about of hate.

YardRat
08-22-2017, 06:03 AM
His girlfriend isn't attractive at all. I've never heard the rumor that his birth father is James Lofton. Interesting.

Oaf
08-22-2017, 12:10 PM
If we can trade Tyrod for a 4th and sign Kap, I'd deeply consider it.