X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • superbills
    • Mar 2003

Empire's Gone in Ra Cha Cha!!??

:confused2 Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, but I went to cancel Digital Cable today because we never watch any of those useless channels anyway, and the "kind" folks at Time Warner were asking me how they could get me to stay; free movie channels, free months of digital, and "oh, sir, do you watch the Empire Sports Network?" "Why yes" I said hesitantly. "Well, you'll need digital cable for THAT!" I was stunned. They notified nobody about this! I mean, we had heard rumors, but this blows. And, sure enough, we now have the jovial Hallmark Channel on channel 52. How quaint. Anyway, I told her to bugger off anyway. I'm moving back to Buffalo at the end of next month. THANK GOD! I'll finally be in a place where I can get a dish, too. Screw cable. Sorry Rochester sports fans. I know Empire is not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it's nice to get the extra coverage of the local teams and, of course the Sabres games. Actually, I was thinking of opening a DirectTV distributorship in Rochester...:)
    "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
    Ronald Reagan
    40th president of US (1911 - 2004)
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Time Warner is doing that everywhere, it seems Happened in Jamestown as well
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• superbills
      • Mar 2003

Rochester :rocket: Time Warner
      "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
      Ronald Reagan

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

If they offered you free months of digital cable why didn't you take it and then at least you would have it until you moved and wouldn't have to pay anything?

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

won't matter, Empire's days could very well be numbered. It will be interesting. All that Adelphia has to offer subscribers that they cannot get elsewhere, cheaper, is Empire and weather on the 8's. If they lose Empire they are screwed...and the simple truth is that they don't know what to do with Empire.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• superbills
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by don137
            If they offered you free months of digital cable why didn't you take it and then at least you would have it until you moved and wouldn't have to pay anything?
            I just want to get rid of it now. We don't watch any of the digital channels and it's less to worry about when we move. We get free basic service from our apartment complex so we'll have no cable bill at all for the last month we're here.
            Ronald Reagan

Comment

• superbills
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
              won't matter, Empire's days could very well be numbered. It will be interesting. All that Adelphia has to offer subscribers that they cannot get elsewhere, cheaper, is Empire and weather on the 8's. If they lose Empire they are screwed...and the simple truth is that they don't know what to do with Empire.
              I don't care about Empire as an entity as much as I care about seeing Sabres games on TV and I think Howard Simon does a pretty good job with the postgame show after Bills games. Other than that, FanTV and the Simoncast and all that is just fluff to me. The Sabres games are what concern me the most.
              Ronald Reagan

Comment

• bills_phan
                • Jul 2002

That's it, I'm sick of Time Warner's crap. I'm going to DirectTV.
                GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bills_phan
                  That's it, I'm sick of Time Warner's crap. I'm going to DirectTV.
                  I may be doing the same thing in time. Even my roadrunner doesn't seem to be running as well as it used to.
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Aero II
                    RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                    won't matter, Empire's days could very well be numbered.
                    I hope that if Empire does go, that someone is able to work a deal with Fox Sports Net to keep some coverage in WNY. In one of the flyers on DirecTV, they listed EMPIRE first for the sports pack as the "Most Popular" of the channels on the sports package. At least fans of WNY sports are vocal.

RIGHT?

Comment

• Aero II
                      RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster

I may be doing the same thing in time. Even my roadrunner doesn't seem to be running as well as it used to.
                      That's probobly due to a large number of people in your area using RR. The more users in a radius of a switching station, the slower that area will be, or something like that.

I think I am one of a very few people in my area using RR and my connection speed is faster than what I have a work.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Aero II
                        At least fans of WNY sports are vocal.

RIGHT?
                        no, we never say a thing.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

I love Empire. If Hockey Hotline goes away, I'll

Comment

• Voltron
                            • Jul 2002

For those of you going to Dish. Have fun putting up that ugly antenna on your roof so you can see the local channels. Say good-bye to NBC, ABC, CBS, UPN, WB, and FOX. Remember Cable keeps good paying Union Jobs in your area, it takes all the risk with the hardware, and last time I had a thunderstorm I could still watch TV.
                            Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                            - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                            -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                            - Mark Twain

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Voltron
                              For those of you going to Dish. Have fun putting up that ugly antenna on your roof so you can see the local channels. Say good-bye to NBC, ABC, CBS, UPN, WB, and FOX. Remember Cable keeps good paying Union Jobs in your area, it takes all the risk with the hardware, and last time I had a thunderstorm I could still watch TV.
                              Direct TV has the locals available. BTW, I don't think the Adelphia employees in this area are unionized...and my direct has gone out fewer times than my Dad's cable.

Comment

Working...
                              X