PDA

View Full Version : Taylor to Clay - Is It Real ? From Joe B at Fridays Praactice

Night Train
08-05-2017, 06:42 PM
Tyrod Taylor took advantage of the athletic tight end by finding him open in the middle of the field, and with room to roam. Clay really stood out during the first-team offense’s drive during the live tackling portion. Taylor found him over the middle of the field on the first play for a 19-yard gain with a throw that was a tad high, but Clay showed great athleticism to go up and get it, and then to run up the field for more yardage. Later on in the drive, Clay beat Preston Brown clean on a route by catching him flat-footed during his break outside. Taylor hit Clay in stride for another 14 yard gain. Getting Clay back and healthy, along with having the starting quarterback looking for him during live action, is a two-fold bit of good news for Bills fans.

Day 8 MVP: TE Charles Clay
- Clay had his best day of practice since training camp began, and looked like the explosive, athletic pass-catching tight end the Bills hoped for when they brought him in from Miami.

Do you believe in Miracles ? :up:

YardRat
08-05-2017, 06:58 PM
So you are saying our LBers can't cover?

BillsImpossible
08-05-2017, 07:07 PM
https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=OIP.Zp6RBl2c5xOUDN-O5UgX8wEsDA&pid=15.1&rs=1&c=1&qlt=95&w=186&h=119

Novacane
08-05-2017, 07:21 PM
It's practice.

BillsImpossible
08-05-2017, 07:25 PM
IF the light bulb just went on for Tyrod Taylor, the Bills have their franchise QB.

It takes a lot of time to develop a franchise QB.

What I like about Taylor the most is his development as a possible franchise QB. He sat behind Flacco for 4 years in Baltimore, came over to the Bills as a starter and did better than any Bills QB since Kelly in his first 2 years.

The Breakout Bills.

Mace
08-05-2017, 07:55 PM
Just a though I mentioned in jimmifli's time machine thread, but I really had the thought.

Might be, again, might...proof is in the pudding and we're all too used to might's and maybe's, that Taylor didn't throw over the middle because they didn't give him/call plays over the middle, same as the offseason observation that they're including slants again. They might really have had him purposefully looking for running lanes that inhibited his QB instincts. Wildcat Lee and Roman/Lynn weren't passing game guys.

It's something I hang onto anyway.

Night Train
08-05-2017, 08:25 PM
It's practice.

But since Clay has arrived, the only thing they have practiced is ignoring him.

Skooby
08-06-2017, 12:05 AM
IF the light bulb just went on for Tyrod Taylor, the Bills have their franchise QB.

It takes a lot of time to develop a franchise QB.

What I like about Taylor the most is his development as a possible franchise QB. He sat behind Flacco for 4 years in Baltimore, came over to the Bills as a starter and did better than any Bills QB since Kelly in his first 2 years.

The Breakout Bills.

A skin breakout is a lot more likely.

SpikedLemonade
08-06-2017, 06:23 AM
Tyrod Taylor took advantage of the athletic tight end by finding him open in the middle of the field, and with room to roam. Clay really stood out during the first-team offense’s drive during the live tackling portion. Taylor found him over the middle of the field on the first play for a 19-yard gain with a throw that was a tad high, but Clay showed great athleticism to go up and get it, and then to run up the field for more yardage. Later on in the drive, Clay beat Preston Brown clean on a route by catching him flat-footed during his break outside. Taylor hit Clay in stride for another 14 yard gain. Getting Clay back and healthy, along with having the starting quarterback looking for him during live action, is a two-fold bit of good news for Bills fans.

Day 8 MVP: TE Charles Clay
- Clay had his best day of practice since training camp began, and looked like the explosive, athletic pass-catching tight end the Bills hoped for when they brought him in from Miami.

Do you believe in Miracles ? :up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOl4oeHZnBk

I believe in miracles and it would indeed a miracle if the running dancing midget could routinely find any receiver in the middle of the field in actual game situations.

yordad
08-06-2017, 09:23 AM
Clay lead the team in passes to and catches the last 2 years people.

swiper
08-06-2017, 09:55 AM
But since Clay has arrived, the only thing they have practiced is ignoring him.

They used him a bit right after they got him. He got injured, IIRC, then when he came back he became forgotten as you state.

But regarding your opening post, give me 3 to 4 Taylor to Clay over the middle a game and the offense would have looked quite a bit better last season. Let's hope they do it this season.

Mouldsie
08-08-2017, 01:30 PM
I mean, Rex Ryan has never had good QB play. He's basically a loud mouth Jeff Fisher

Cali512
08-08-2017, 01:46 PM
I mean, Rex Ryan has never had good QB play. He's basically a loud mouth Jeff Fisher

Rex Ryan never tried to get a "great"QB. I feel like he intentionally built each team so if they had success it would only be perceived as his doing. Get average QBs and even when high pick players bust, out stick with them and get the credit when your defense which you intentionally force onto each team, carries the team.thats his philosophy. Trump-Ryan-Lavarball all are the same people in different careers

jamze132
08-08-2017, 10:26 PM
If Clay's knee holds up, it's really going to keep defenses honest which should free up Watkins and Boldin.

The Toe Show
08-09-2017, 11:36 PM
https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=OIP.Zp6RBl2c5xOUDN-O5UgX8wEsDA&pid=15.1&rs=1&c=1&qlt=95&w=186&h=119

Awesome, and hope the light is on.

Apparently OC Dennison saw what everyone else saw and is coaching Tyrod to get the ball out when his feet are initially set. If Tyrod is free to release - lightbulb might be on.