PDA

View Full Version : Adolphus struggling...

Mace
08-06-2017, 11:05 AM
Via Rumblings, which I'm happy to say looks back on track (it was skewing to fanboi ridiculous under Trapasso imho) with Warren freshly in charge :

Buffalo Bills (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/buffalo-bills) DT Adolphus Washington (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/276953/adolphus-washington) was running with the first-team defense a few days into training camp. By the eighth day of practice, Washington has regressed and found himself taking reps with the third-team defense.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/8/6/16103304/adolphus-washington-stuggling-defense-jerel-worthy-ryan-davis-defensive-tackle

SpikedLemonade
08-06-2017, 12:08 PM
CRAP!!!!!

BillsImpossible
08-06-2017, 12:23 PM
Don't think for a moment that the Bills have not gone out of their way to make sure Washington isn't packing heat anywhere near OBD.

Washington probably has to go through a metal detector, get wanded, and have his junk searched before entering the facility.

I would take every precaution too. What Washington did was beyond stupid. Mentally, something's not right.

I don't think the kid makes the cut. He's not the kind of player McDermott wants.

Worrying about a player bringing a gun to practice or a game is not acceptable.

Besides that, he's getting outplayed and does not fit in with the new Buffalo Bills culture.

Scumbag College
08-06-2017, 01:12 PM
At this point, he's the fourth DT behind Kyle, Dareus, and Worthy. Let him stay there and maybe he gets his head out of the ass and contribute at some point. If not, he's just another Tim Anderson.

SpikedLemonade
08-06-2017, 01:32 PM
At this point, he's the fourth DT behind Kyle, Dareus, and Worthy. Let him stay there and maybe he gets his head out of the ass and contribute at some point. If not, he's just another Tim Anderson.

Thanks for the memories.

YardRat
08-06-2017, 03:42 PM
If he doesn't want it bad enough, maybe Coleman or Williams will.

Night Train
08-06-2017, 03:53 PM
So be it. Root for the laundry.

The depth is good. Worthy played very well last year as a rotational DT.

Cali512
08-06-2017, 07:56 PM
Who cares? We don't have a fit for him anyways

OpIv37
08-06-2017, 09:41 PM

I miss Tim Anderson. Why? Because everyone agreed he sucked. All day on this board, people who think we are going to the SB argue with people who think we will be 1-15. Liberals argue with conservatives. People debate whether a specific coach or player sucks. People debate Brandon's influence over the team or Ralph's legacy. But everyone always agreed that Tim Anderson sucks.

He was BZ's great unifier.

Scumbag College
08-06-2017, 10:16 PM
I miss Tim Anderson. Why? Because everyone agreed he sucked. All day on this board, people who think we are going to the SB argue with people who think we will be 1-15. Liberals argue with conservatives. People debate whether a specific coach or player sucks. People debate Brandon's influence over the team or Ralph's legacy. But everyone always agreed that Tim Anderson sucks.

He was BZ's great unifier.

It was always the Anderson Brothers. Tim Anderson and Fat Bennie "The 350 Pound Human Turnstile" Anderson we could all agree on sucked. I'm sure if they faced each other in 1-1 drills during training camp it looked like a **** movie with Jabba the Hut and Gilbert Grape's mom.

Night Train
08-07-2017, 06:31 AM
And another day comes along...

Adolphus Washington bounces back
- It’s been an up-and-down ride for Adolphus Washington at training camp so far this year. Starting off with the second-team defense, he then even filled in for the first-team defense when Marcell Dareus had to sit out for a couple of days. Just days after that was over, Washington found himself down with the third unit — the likely result of poor play throughout training camp to that point. Now, Washington is mostly back with the second-team defense but is behind Jerel Worthy, which makes it important to win at the point of attack and to take advantage of his opportunities against starting players. He did just that on Sunday in one-on-one drills against Eric Wood. The starting center has had a really strong start to training camp, but Washington finally used all that raw ability and size to his advantage and rushed right through Wood on two consecutive opportunities. Now, considering his draft status and the lack of depth behind both Washington and Jerel Worthy, it doesn’t appear that there’s any immediate danger for Washington to not make the team. However, if he wants to contribute, he needs to capitalize on more practices like he did on Sunday.

feldspar
08-07-2017, 07:03 AM
CRAP!!!!!

Wrong thread.

We'll hear all about THAT later...

BillyT92679
08-07-2017, 07:27 AM
Via Rumblings, which I'm happy to say looks back on track (it was skewing to fanboi ridiculous under Trapasso imho) with Warren freshly in charge :

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/8/6/16103304/adolphus-washington-stuggling-defense-jerel-worthy-ryan-davis-defensive-tackleJerel Worthy seems okay, so hopefully depth won't be too bad.

Good call about BR. It was GREAT with Galliford and MRW, but Trapasso is, well if you can't say anything nice.... Glad Matt is running it now.

SpikedLemonade
08-07-2017, 09:10 AM
Wrong thread.

We'll hear all about THAT later...

I will think of you when I make the magic happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzlK0OGpIRs

MattyNH
08-07-2017, 09:22 AM
Starter off the bus.........to think he has already hit "the wall"

Bill Cody
08-07-2017, 09:31 AM
The starting center has had a really strong start to training camp, but Washington finally used all that raw ability and size to his advantage and rushed right through Wood on two consecutive opportunities

Looks like he's bringing the heat now

SpikedLemonade
08-07-2017, 09:35 AM
Looks like he's bringing the heat now

Wood cannot anchor worth a crap anymore.

OpIv37
08-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Wood cannot anchor worth a crap anymore.

Yeah I like the guy and he played a lot of good football for us but he is definitely on the decline.

Night Train
08-07-2017, 04:16 PM
Yeah I like the guy and he played a lot of good football for us but he is definitely on the decline.

Which is why Groy got his $.