08-07-2017, 11:08 AM
Link to follow

SpikedLemonade
08-07-2017, 11:09 AM
With who?

Yasgur's Farm
08-07-2017, 11:12 AM
Already signed with Bills
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000826632/article/anquan-boldin-signs-oneyear-deal-with-buffalo-bills

Notoriously sure handed, Boldin posted a 70.5 percent catch rate in Detroit last year -- one of the highest totals of his career. He finished the season with 67 total receptions for 584 yards and eight touchdowns. I'll take a season just like that.

Yasgur's Farm
08-07-2017, 11:17 AM
Rumored to be a one-year, $2.75 million deal, that includes $1.25 million in incentives.

Scumbag College
08-07-2017, 11:19 AM
He immediately helps the team if he's the same player that he was last year.

SpikedLemonade
08-07-2017, 11:33 AM
That is pretty cheap.

I have no problem with this.

Yasgur's Farm
08-07-2017, 11:36 AM
Looks to me like these 6 make the team...
Wadkins
Jones
Boldin
Holmes
Brown
Streater

Skooby
08-07-2017, 11:41 AM
This is our James Lofton type signing, we get all his experiences and knowledge for our team. Great deal.

psubills62
08-07-2017, 11:44 AM
Assuming he can help the younger WR's, I'm good with this.

Skooby
08-07-2017, 11:50 AM
Assuming he can help the younger WR's, I'm good with this.
He helps the entire team, the dude has always been a stud.

Forward_Lateral
08-07-2017, 11:57 AM
Great signing.

Night Train
08-07-2017, 12:01 PM
Holmes & Philly Brown are officially on notice.

Watkins, Boldin, Jones, Streater, Tate for KR and backup.

Looking better.

Joe Fo Sho
08-07-2017, 12:05 PM
I don't really see the point to signing this guy, unless you guys think that he's going to help us get over the playoff hump. I have pretty low expectations for this year, so signing an aging wide receiver to a 1 year deal doesn't seem like such a great move. But whatever, he's cheap and it's not like there's anyone else we can spend the money on. He's gonna love playing with Tyrod.

Yasgur's Farm
08-07-2017, 12:06 PM

Looking better.I think that RB signing last week was "the writing on the wall" concerning Tate... Isn't he still injured BTW?

Saratoga Slim
08-07-2017, 12:07 PM

Looking better.
Yeah, if Watkins is healthy that's a relatively solid NFL receiving corps. And if Zay lives up to the hype it's an above-average one. Those are some reasonable what-ifs, but at least there's room for optimism. And I think it's a better group all around than we've had the past several years.

swiper
08-07-2017, 12:07 PM
This is our James Lofton type signing, we get all his experiences and knowledge for our team. Great deal.

ROFLMAO. Just shut up. You embarrass yourself every time you speak. This signing is NOTHING like the James Lofton signing.

swiper
08-07-2017, 12:10 PM
I think that RB signing last week "the was writing on the wall" concerning Tate... Isn't he still injured BTW?

Agreed. That's why I didn't get that signing. I thought Tate was a good return man and he caught a few balls at WR too. He seems like an asset they would want to keep around.

The Toe Show
08-07-2017, 12:10 PM
DOLPHINS DOWN BILLS UP BUY BUY BUY

Skooby
08-07-2017, 12:27 PM
ROFLMAO. Just shut up. You embarrass yourself every time you speak. This signing is NOTHING like the James Lofton signing.

You wouldn't know value or understand what this means, we are getting deeper in talent and experience.
Last years ending WR roster:
SammyR. WoodsM. GoodwinJ. Hunter

Top 4 Bills WRs right now:SammyA. BoldinZay JonesAndre Holmes
See a difference you DA ?

Pinkerton Security
08-07-2017, 12:28 PM
I don't really see the point to signing this guy, unless you guys think that he's going to help us get over the playoff hump. I have pretty low expectations for this year, so signing an aging wide receiver to a 1 year deal doesn't seem like such a great move. But whatever, he's cheap and it's not like there's anyone else we can spend the money on. He's gonna love playing with Tyrod.

No value in signing a veteran presence to mentor young guys like Zay Jones, etc? On the cheap too.

Are you insinuating the Bills should tank? Bc thats what it sounds like.

Yasgur's Farm
08-07-2017, 12:28 PM
Agreed. That's why I didn't get that signing. I thought Tate was a good return man and he caught a few balls at WR too. He seems like an asset they would want to keep around.Not sure... But I think Tate has a very concerning calf injury.

Homegrown
08-07-2017, 12:30 PM
Awesome. ... signing a player born two years before Jim Thorpe, coming off his worst year....was Ahmad Rashad too busy with the battle of the network stars?

You can't change stupid

swiper
08-07-2017, 12:32 PM
You wouldn't know value or understand what this means, we are getting deeper in talent and experience.
Last years ending WR roster:
SammyR. WoodsM. GoodwinJ. Hunter

Top 4 Bills WRs right now:SammyA. BoldinZay JonesAndre Holmes
See a difference you DA ?

You're an idiot.

Yasgur's Farm
08-07-2017, 12:33 PM
Awesome. ... signing a player born two years before Jim Thorpe, coming of his worst year....was Ahmad Rashad too busy with the battle of the network ?

You can't change stupid"Notoriously sure handed, Boldin posted a 70.5 percent catch rate in Detroit last year -- one of the highest totals of his career. He finished the season with 67 total receptions for 584 yards and eight touchdowns." Those stats for 2016 obviously suck.

Compare to Robert Wodds (our #2) last season... 68.9%, 51 catches, 613 yards, 1 TD. And Boldin will probably be our #3 WR.

Skooby
08-07-2017, 12:33 PM
You're an idiot.

You're a DIpS***, you can't even spell right you DF.

swiper
08-07-2017, 12:35 PM
You're a DIpS***, you can't even spell right you DF.

Come again Elmer?

Yasgur's Farm
08-07-2017, 12:39 PM
Stop the insult war... Don't hijack this thread.

Skooby
08-07-2017, 12:39 PM
Cool, Boldin is a great signing. A veteran presence like Lofton to help mature the team.

EDS
08-07-2017, 12:52 PM
This team is an enigma. Like they are being built for a short term playoff push (i.e., this season) followed by a significant tear down if it does not work.

YardRat
08-07-2017, 12:54 PM
PLAYOFFS.

Yasgur's Farm
08-07-2017, 12:59 PM
Yup... I believe we are shooting for the playoffs.

While at the same time, we have 2 1st round picks to help us move up for 1 of the top 2 QB's available.

The Natrix
08-07-2017, 01:01 PM
Camp fodder

Homegrown
08-07-2017, 01:04 PM
Cool, Boldin is a great signing. A veteran presence like Lofton to help mature the team.

Never understood the "veteran presence" thing ... sounds like coach-speak

Not a valid comparison....Lofton joined a team with future HoFers Kelly, Reed, Smith, Levy, and some players who were amongst the best in the NFL at that time : Biscuit, Conlan, Hull, Talley .....that team would've made SB25 without him

Boldin is joining crappy team. ...so what if he catches 50 for 500 yds? ....the team will be lucky to finish 7-9, and he'll be another year older.....Bill's would be better off signing some young guy who's a college free agent

swiper
08-07-2017, 01:06 PM

Comparing this signing to the Bills signing James Lofton is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

It's more like signing Percy Harvin or Terrelle Owens.

Even if the guy gives us what he gave Detroit last year I'll take it, but putting this in the same sentence with Lofton shows how stupid that poster is.

Joe Fo Sho
08-07-2017, 01:16 PM
No value in signing a veteran presence to mentor young guys like Zay Jones, etc? On the cheap too.

Are you insinuating the Bills should tank? Bc thats what it sounds like.

I didn't say 'no value,' I just see more value in letting our young guys get the extra playing time.

I'll never root for/want a team to tank, but sometimes you just have to understand how good/bad you are. The T.O. signing didn't really work out for us, and you remember how friggin' excited I was that night. Some people were so excited that they tried to fight random Cowboys fans and steal their limo.

What can Boldin do for our young wide receivers that our WR coach can't? He can definitely take away playing time, and his 1 year deal doesn't help us at all next year.

FlyingDutchman
08-07-2017, 01:17 PM
Looks to me like these 6 make the team...
Wadkins
Jones
Boldin
Holmes
Brown
Streater

Has Brown been doing anything during camp? Haven't heard his name much. Gotta think Tate makes it for special teams

sukie
08-07-2017, 01:19 PM
Camp fodder

Too funny. I heard Boldin has been practicing his punt coverage.

YardRat
08-07-2017, 01:25 PM
When we finally do win a super bowl, some of you guys are going to find a way to turn the discussion into a pissing match.

swiper
08-07-2017, 01:29 PM
And Boldin will probably be our #3 WR.

That's fine. It was a good signing, no question. They say he has slowed down, but if he is clutch between 5 and 10 yards that's all the Bills need out of him this year.

Skooby
08-07-2017, 01:56 PM
Never understood the "veteran presence" thing ... sounds like coach-speak

Not a valid comparison....Lofton joined a team with future HoFers Kelly, Reed, Smith, Levy, and some players who were amongst the best in the NFL at that time : Biscuit, Conlan, Hull, Talley .....that team would've made SB25 without him

Boldin is joining crappy team. ...so what if he catches 50 for 500 yds? ....the team will be lucky to finish 7-9, and he'll be another year older.....Bill's would be better off signing some young guy who's a college free agent

They were the bickering Bills and Lofton helped them to start & straighten it out, people don't understand certain dynamics so I can understand their ignorance. Marv Levy didn't say much about it, so it was worked out amongst the players. People that don't understand shouldn't talk, but again I get their ignorance on the subject. Also the team wasn't HOF assured at that time, so let's not the 20/20 vision of hindsight be our guide.

McDer..... is a very smart coach, have you heard any stupid comments ?? Mix in a great veteran presence & you get people's head on straight. It's a start, we got him to try and be competitive this season (unlike the Jets who already dumped). Let's focus on the positive here as requested, ignorance be damned.

Skooby
08-07-2017, 01:59 PM
I didn't say 'no value,' I just see more value in letting our young guys get the extra playing time.

I'll never root for/want a team to tank, but sometimes you just have to understand how good/bad you are. The T.O. signing didn't really work out for us, and you remember how friggin' excited I was that night. Some people were so excited that they tried to fight random Cowboys fans and steal their limo.

What can Boldin do for our young wide receivers that our WR coach can't? He can definitely take away playing time, and his 1 year deal doesn't help us at all next year.
TO was brought in to sell tickets, we gave him a key to the city before he caught one pass. Does that seem like a marketing move or field move ?? We fed his ego & he helped us sell tickets to a S-show.

Joe Fo Sho
08-07-2017, 02:18 PM
TO was brought in to sell tickets, we gave him a key to the city before he caught one pass. Does that seem like a marketing move or field move ?? We fed his ego & he helped us sell tickets to a S-show.

TO was also coming off of 3 years where he averaged 1200 yards and almost 13 TDs per season.

Boldin is coming off of 3 years where he's averaged 811 yards and almost 6 TDs per season.

Which one is supposed to be the better football move?

sukie
08-07-2017, 02:26 PM
TO was also coming off of 3 years where he averaged 1200 yards and almost 13 TDs per season.

Boldin is coming off of 3 years where he's averaged 811 yards and almost 6 TDs per season.

Boldin. T.O signing wasn't because the Bills had a #1 , Lechter, Ticat, and Spiked rounding out the WR depth chart

Skooby
08-07-2017, 02:28 PM

Did the key to the city help him perform or was it a marketing stunt ?? I'm a little confused on how this isn't clear looking back, then again I tell you guys ahead of time what's happening & it gets dismissed. How did TO do for us ?

Joe Fo Sho
08-07-2017, 02:33 PM
Did the key to the city help him perform

Maybe it did. With his sensitive ego, maybe it gave him a boost. Signing any good player can be construed as a marketing ploy, that doesn't mean it can't be good for the football team, too.

How did TO do for us ?

400 yards and 8 TDs less than his 3 year average. Same number of games, though.

then again I tell you guys ahead of time what's happening & it gets dismissed.

Maybe we should give you a key to the city to give your sensitive ego a boost?

Skooby
08-07-2017, 02:41 PM
Maybe it did. With his sensitive ego, maybe it gave him a boost. Signing any good player can be construed as a marketing ploy, that doesn't mean it can't be good for the football team, too.

400 yards and 8 TDs less than his 3 year average. Same number of games, though.

Maybe we should give you a key to the city to give your sensitive ego a boost?

Or simply follow the facts & pay attention instead of just mumbling random crap you think you know. I'm not saying everything you say is wrong but uninformed is drastically more accurate. Many reporters covering the Bills never spent a moment on the field (sans a few). Coach Sal is a self-proclaimed coach (who's a nice guy) and the other guys couldn't bench a thin noodle wet, so let's recognize who's talking. Little men talking football like Rodak who hates the Bills is a cruel joke, he needs to be put in his place.

Like I'm saying, Boldin is an all-around great addition. I hope he performs like he did last season & takes away Sammy's coverage, then it's Clay time !! We needed options, we had none at the end of last season.

swiper
08-07-2017, 02:51 PM
They were the bickering Bills and Lofton helped them to start & straighten it out, people don't understand certain dynamics so I can understand their ignorance. Marv Levy didn't say much about it, so it was worked out amongst the players. People that don't understand shouldn't talk, but again I get their ignorance on the subject. Also the team wasn't HOF assured at that time, so let's not the 20/20 vision of hindsight be our guide.

McDer..... is a very smart coach, have you heard any stupid comments ?? Mix in a great veteran presence & you get people's head on straight. It's a start, we got him to try and be competitive this season (unlike the Jets who already dumped). Let's focus on the positive here as requested, ignorance be damned.

You're the only one that doesn't understand, dolt.

Skooby
08-07-2017, 02:59 PM
You're the only one that doesn't understand, dolt.

Yeah, you don't have a clue man. Seriously, just go rah rah when the team performs well.

Joe Fo Sho
08-07-2017, 03:12 PM
Or simply follow the facts & pay attention instead of just mumbling random crap you think you know. I'm not saying everything you say is wrong but uninformed is drastically more accurate. Many reporters covering the Bills never spent a moment on the field (sans a few). Coach Sal is a self-proclaimed coach (who's a nice guy) and the other guys couldn't bench a thin noodle wet, so let's recognize who's talking. Little men talking football like Rodak who hates the Bills is a cruel joke, he needs to be put in his place.

What do any of those guys have to do with this? Do you think I'm claiming to know more than professionals? I'm just some random guy on the internet for corn's sake. You spent time on the field?

Saying that signing TO had nothing to do with football is ridiculous when he was averaging 1200 yards and 13 TDs per season. Jesus.

Like I'm saying, Boldin is an all-around great addition. I hope he performs like he did last season & takes away Sammy's coverage, then it's Clay time !! We needed options, we had none at the end of last season.

Yeah, Boldin's 37 yards per game is truly going to help us get over the hump.

You make me sound like I don't like Boldin. Seriously though, who doesn't like Boldin? I don't know anyone who can say anything bad about the guy personally. That doesn't mean that this signing is great for the team, though.

Skooby
08-07-2017, 03:23 PM
What do any of those guys have to do with this? Do you think I'm claiming to know more than professionals? I'm just some random guy on the internet for corn's sake. You spent time on the field?

Saying that signing TO had nothing to do with football is ridiculous when he was averaging 1200 yards and 13 TDs per season. Jesus.

Yeah, Boldin's 37 yards per game is truly going to help us get over the hump.

You make me sound like I don't like Boldin. Seriously though, who doesn't like Boldin? I don't know anyone who can say anything bad about the guy personally. That doesn't mean that this signing is great for the team, though.

Right now it sends the message to the fringe WR's that they aren't assured a thing, also adding a known veteran presence helps the squad. Hopefully Boldin's experience and lifestyle lead by example of how to stay on the field, he has a few tricks (he's 38 man). We could also expect to get a great field presence to give our other receivers some space, Clay looks like a freaking monster so far and this should only help him be more open.

Joe Fo Sho
08-07-2017, 03:30 PM
Right now it sends the message to the fringe WR's that they aren't assured a thing, also adding a known veteran presence helps the squad. Hopefully Boldin's experience and lifestyle lead by example of how to stay on the field, he has a few tricks (he's 38 man). We could also expect to get a great field presence to give our other receivers some space, Clay looks like a freaking monster so far and this should only help him be more open.

He's 36, not 38. I'm not saying everything you say is wrong, but drastically uninformed is more accurate.

Skooby
08-07-2017, 03:32 PM
He's 36, not 38. I'm not saying everything you say is wrong, but drastically uninformed is more accurate.
Haha, touché. I'm typing from my phone but I thought he was 38 originally as well, why I don't know. So I'll eat that one, lol.

Turf
08-07-2017, 04:03 PM
I was hoping they would sign him given our paper thin WR corps. Great signing at a good price IMO.

Night Train
08-07-2017, 04:08 PM
Age doesn't matter with some. His preparation and fitness is unquestioned and his hands are right up there with the best in NFL history. 9th all time in catches. He is money on 3rd down and his locker room presence is huge. Cheap contract.

I see zero downside with this signing. If Watkins comes up limping, we will be thanking the stars he is here.

Settling for the Holmes, Philly Browns of the world is old Bills thinking. (losing). That ship has sailed.

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-07-2017, 05:03 PM
i agree. being mad about this signing is idiotic in my opinion especially seeing that it wasn't that pricey. not much true downside.

Night Train
08-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Put his locker right next to Zay Jones.

SpikedLemonade
08-07-2017, 05:06 PM
Put his locker right next to Zay Jones.

Good idea!!

Teach the kid properly what it means to be a NFL possession receiver.

Wally The Barber
08-07-2017, 05:28 PM
This screws up my plans for 7-9

I hate that

YardRat
08-07-2017, 05:31 PM
Hey, it's Wally 'Snake' Plisskin...I though you were dead.

SpikedLemonade
08-07-2017, 05:33 PM
This screws up my plans for 7-9

I hate that

7-9?

Gee Wally you are being optimistic....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5jRKp_I11w

Pennywise
08-07-2017, 05:59 PM
If his ethics rub off on some of his new teammates, that alone will make this a great signing.

swiper
08-07-2017, 06:24 PM
Yeah, you don't have a clue man. Seriously, just go rah rah when the team performs well.

No I have a huge clue. You're an idiot.

The Jokeman
08-07-2017, 07:34 PM

Looking better.

I don't think Brown has a chance to make this squad as doesn't fit the mold of WR for a WCO. Right now I like Watkins, Boldin, Jones (in the slot), Streater and Rashad Ross. I like Tate better than Ross but Tate's fighting an injury so not sure he makes it.

Generalissimus Gibby
08-07-2017, 08:32 PM
All of a sudden we have a decent receiving corps. This year is Tyrod's make it or break it year.

Skooby
08-07-2017, 09:05 PM
Yeah, they said stop being a douche. Douche.

swiper
08-08-2017, 04:54 AM
Yeah, they said stop being a douche. Douche.

Only douche here is the one you see in the mirror. Skooby.

Skooby
08-08-2017, 05:30 AM
Only douche here is the one you see in the mirror. Skooby.

I'm rolled.

SpikedLemonade
08-08-2017, 05:44 AM
I'm rolled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYnFIRc0k6E

Skooby
08-08-2017, 08:34 PM

Read this:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/08/anquan-boldin-relishes-role-thats-sometimes-missing-in-this-league/

Frenchman
08-08-2017, 08:49 PM
He will help the young players as well as be a great player.

Night Train
08-09-2017, 11:01 AM
If his ethics rub off on some of his new teammates, that alone will make this a great signing.

Had a video on the news yesterday of the WR's gathered around him as he stood up and spoke. Then other players started gathering around him. Couldn't hear what he was saying but his body language was one of intensity and passion.

Tell me that didn't resonate with everyone.

sukie
08-09-2017, 11:17 AM
Had a video on the news yesterday of the WR's gathered around him as he stood up and spoke. Then other players started gathering around him. Couldn't hear what he was saying but his body language was one of intensity and passion.

Tell me that didn't resonate with everyone.

I love passion but until it brings passion on a 3rd and long consistently... It's just "nice".

swiper
08-09-2017, 04:37 PM
Read this:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/08/anquan-boldin-relishes-role-thats-sometimes-missing-in-this-league/

This signing doesn't hold a candle to the Bills signing James Lofton in any universe except your idiot one.

Skooby
08-09-2017, 09:25 PM
This signing doesn't hold a candle to the Bills signing James Lofton in any universe except your idiot one.
You are clueless man, let's see how what he does before spouting off about it. I think it has many similar positives, you might even read about that at some point. We will see.

stuckincincy
08-09-2017, 10:56 PM
You are clueless man, let's see how what he does before spouting off about it. I think it has many similar positives, you might even read about that at some point. We will see.

Boldin is a gamer. Whatever he has left, he'll give it. A sane Steve Smith, if you will.

JoeMama
08-10-2017, 04:35 PM

Am I seriously reading an argument about whose "clue" is bigger?

psubills62
08-12-2017, 08:54 PM
Putting this here because I assume it was already posted on the board, but didn't realize if we release a certain number of the players we signed that it could lead to legit compensatory picks.

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/28407/how-signing-anquan-boldin-could-help-the-bills-get-third-round-pick

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-12-2017, 09:02 PM
Am I seriously reading an argument about whose "clue" is bigger?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcHy8xEt2QI

reminds me of this south park goodness

The Natrix
08-13-2017, 01:35 AM
So what is the new prediction Wall?

stuckincincy
08-16-2017, 11:02 PM
I think BUF will be using old pro Boldin as a quasi-tight end, and a canny player to come back into the picture for our insanely running QB.

He's old in NFL years, but his years has made him canny.

No defense is going to seriously think of him as a WR threat.

Skooby
08-17-2017, 12:28 AM
I think BUF will be using old pro Boldin as a quasi-tight end, and a canny player to come back into the picture for our insanely running QB.

He's old in NFL years, but his years has made him canny.

No defense is going to seriously think of him as a WR threat.
He's our #1, so you can see where we are going now can't you ?