PDA

View Full Version : Depth at Certain Positions: Thin

Mahdi
08-08-2017, 09:07 AM
Looking at the newly released depth chart on BB.com, if we get ONE injury at any one of the following positions we will be in some serious trouble:

DE, DT, S, CB, TE, RB, QB

We have 1 or more decent depth players in the following positions:

WR, FB, OT, C, G (Assuming Dawkins can move inside if needed) LB, FS

Although I actually think the starting lineups are solid if unspectacular, this team needs depth.

When teams start cutting veterans we need to be first in line to pickup a few guys and release some of the camp bodies.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-release-first-unofficial-depth-chart-/75a39d5c-7c83-4b23-a4a0-4d56b8074cb3

SpikedLemonade
08-08-2017, 09:12 AM
It is simply not the level of depth you expect to see in a play-off team.

3-13.

EDS
08-08-2017, 11:22 AM
To me, the depth at Safety and DE are the two scariest.

Night Train
08-08-2017, 03:04 PM
You could say that about ANY team.

I think our depth is better than last year and not nearly as dire as some think.

QB is obvious but the rest show some depth.

YardRat
08-08-2017, 04:21 PM
I would swap out DT and DE (IMO we're ok there) for OT (we don't even have two starters, let alone depth).

DraftBoy
08-08-2017, 05:08 PM
I would say WR is still thin. You have Watkins, Boldin, and then either a rookie WR or a bunch of mid-lower level guys. The #3 WR position should be a guy who gets 40 catches for 500 yards and 5 TD's.

That's a lot to ask of a rookie or any of that crew. Not impossible, but not ideal either.

Homegrown
08-08-2017, 08:17 PM
Sounds like wins are going to be thin as well.....

jamze132
08-08-2017, 10:22 PM
Expectations are low anyways. This season will be a great opportunity for some youngsters to showcase themselves.

EDS
08-09-2017, 07:58 AM
I would swap out DT and DE (IMO we're ok there) for OT (we don't even have two starters, let alone depth).

I was viewing the depth chart more from the perspective of the drop-off from the first string to the second string. Along the offensive line, if you lost Mills, for example, the drop-off is pretty small. I am in agreement, however, that right tackle in particular is a position that needs to be upgraded from what the team received last season.

Mahdi
08-09-2017, 08:58 AM
I was viewing the depth chart more from the perspective of the drop-off from the first string to the second string. Along the offensive line, if you lost Mills, for example, the drop-off is pretty small. I am in agreement, however, that right tackle in particular is a position that needs to be upgraded from what the team received last season.

You can add OT but I wouldn't move DT and DE off that last.

If any of Hughes, Dareus or Lawson miss time the next players in line are either rookies or guys who haven't made much impact in the league.

If Dareus misses time in particular we actually have no other DTs who are proven run stuffers.

As for OT, we have Henderson who has a lot of experience and untapped potential as well as a second round pick in Dawkins. I don't see Mills hanging on to his job.

sukie
08-09-2017, 09:05 AM
QB depth IS scary.