PDA

View Full Version : YRC - The Boldin Concept

DraftBoy
08-09-2017, 05:06 AM
https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/8/8/16107214/buffalo-bills-offensive-coordinator-rick-dennisons-playbook-drive-passing-anquan-boldin-tyrod-taylor

Rick Dennison’s offensive playbook, in the vein of Gary Kubiak and Mike Shanahan, uses the principles of the West Coast offense - using timing and geometry to stress defenses and create holes for pass completion. One of the classic passing concepts from the West Coast offense is also one that fits Buffalo’s newest wide receiver, Anquan Boldin, to a T. In this installment, we’re breaking down the Drive play.

You'll also see plenty of Jones and Watkins run this concept as well but this is where Boldin makes his money. The route depth is only about 3 yards but it's worth 5+ almost every time when the pass is accurate.

YardRat
08-09-2017, 05:39 AM
Lavoie is doing a nice job with these breakdowns.

DraftBoy
08-09-2017, 05:43 AM
Lavoie is doing a nice job with these breakdowns.

Yes he is, I've really enjoyed them. I hope that he's (or another writer) is able to do some charting during the season to watch for these concepts and show their effectiveness.

swiper
08-09-2017, 05:51 AM
It all hinges on all three WRs staying healthy. Fingers crossed.

kingJofNYC
08-09-2017, 08:35 AM
The work ethic and leadership Boldin brings is enough for me, the rest is a bonus. These WRs finally have a veteran that knows how to get things done, super important for these guys.

Night Train
08-09-2017, 10:46 AM
His game is from the slot in this O. Watkins and Jones wide.

Those are 3 nice options to go with our TE's who are catching the ball well this summer. I know McCoy is excellent catching swing passes.

It's all up to TT.

jimmifli
08-09-2017, 10:53 PM
Everybody is down on Holmes because of one camp report from the first day of camp, but the coaches seemed to like him as evidenced by the depth chart. Jones has done nothing yet and right now is WR 4 until he can beat out Holmes or Boldin.

OpIv37
08-09-2017, 11:29 PM
So, are we finally gonna be able to throw slant routes like every other NFL team has done since the advent of the West Coast Offense 30+years ago?!?!?!?!?!

DraftBoy
08-10-2017, 05:57 AM
So, are we finally gonna be able to throw slant routes like every other NFL team has done since the advent of the West Coast Offense 30+years ago?!?!?!?!?!

It's not a slant route, but in theory yes.