• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Here's some Tyrod news to chew on....

Tyrod can't anticipate separation, so basically he's Dunzo but we can continue to kid ourselves:

• Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: Here's some Tyrod news to chew on....

This is why he's so boring, because he's so conservative with the ball. Yeah it's nice that he only had 6 INT's last year, but that was good enough for 7 wins. At least Dennison knows there's a problem, I hope him and Tyrod can work through it and become a bit more explosive this year.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
      This is why he's so boring, because he's so conservative with the ball. Yeah it's nice that he only had 6 INT's last year, but that was good enough for 7 wins. At least Dennison knows there's a problem, I hope him and Tyrod can work through it and become a bit more explosive this year.
      You either have it or you don't, Tyrod will not be our starter by game 6.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
        Tyrod can't anticipate separation, so basically he's Dunzo but we can continue to kid ourselves:

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/07/bi...it-route-open/
        Nowhere does it say he can't anticipate separation. The coach wants him to anticipate the separation instead of being as cautious as he has been. The coach doesn't want him to wait and never says he doesn't have the ability to learn.
        I'd like to upgrade from Tyrod too, but you're stuck on Peterman because he isn't Tyrod. Anyone who views the future QB as Peterman is kidding himself. The QB of the future isn't on the roster.

Comment

• Bill Cody
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
          I think you have to be careful what you wish for with Tierod. He's not exactly throwing darts out there so if he starts throwing it up for grabs it's going to be Fitz on steroids, that 6 picks could become 18. I sort of applaud TT for knowing what he can do and what he can't. As Harry Callahan said at the end of Magnum Force "a man has got to know his limitations"

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

A good QB has to "throw open" the receiver ( ball on the way to the spot as the receiver turns to look for the ball).

TT waits for receivers to be open before releasing. That's the college way and why many backups in the pro's today ( and 15 or more starters ) never become top QB's worthy of long careers with one team.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
              I think you have to be careful what you wish for with Tierod. He's not exactly throwing darts out there so if he starts throwing it up for grabs it's going to be Fitz on steroids, that 6 picks could become 18. I sort of applaud TT for knowing what he can do and what he can't. As Harry Callahan said at the end of Magnum Force "a man has got to know his limitations"
              I agree, and it sounds like Tyrod has the limitations of a solid backup quarterback.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                • Feb 2005

It's all about throwing to the open spots on the field... The receiver must recognize that as well and get there.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

You either have it or you don't, Tyrod will not be our starter by game 6.
                  If Tyrod's healthy, he plays. Yates is even worse and Peterman isn't near ready.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Thats old news. We've seen that for 2 seasons. He's no different with EJ in that sense. The WR has to be open jumping up and down before TT/EJ threw to them. If the receiver wasn't open, they tend to throw to their feet.

Boldin is a player you throw to even when he isn't open. If TT gets tentative to let his receivers make a play, then it's Peterman time.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• k-oneputt
                      • Jun 2009

News Flash, TT can't and never has thrown a wr open.
                      And at this point he probably never will.
                      EJ has the same problem, thus the reason he stinks also.

Good job Whaley on your qb evaluations. I'm sorry I forgot your other stiff pick, Cardale.
                      It's amazing to me how these losers get these high paying jobs when they are clueless.

Comment

• Swiper
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                        A good QB has to "throw open" the receiver ( ball on the way to the spot as the receiver turns to look for the ball).

TT waits for receivers to be open before releasing. That's the college way and why many backups in the pro's today ( and 15 or more starters ) never become top QB's worthy of long careers with one team.
                        This was Manuel's problem, Trent Edward's problem, Losman's problem. I think the best guy since Kelly at this was probably Drew Bledsoe and/or Doug Flutie.

Comment

• Swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
                          Good job Whaley on your qb evaluations.
                          Agreed. But the really good news is our new OC recognizes this, looks for it, teaches it. Good times ahead.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                            If Tyrod's healthy, he plays. Yates is even worse and Peterman isn't near ready.
                            Care to change this now or didn't you watch it ?

Comment

• Buddo
                              • Mar 2007

Care to change this now or didn't you watch it ?
                              You can't have done, because Taylor did pretty well when in - especially on timing throws to Watkins. Pretty much negates the whole argument about Taylor in his first three throws to Watkins, tbh. Doesn't hide some of his other issues, but it certainly doesn't support the notion that he cannot throw people open.

Comment

Working...
                              X