PDA

View Full Version : Four (4) things vs. the Vikings

endzone
08-10-2017, 11:03 PM
1. The Bill's LB's look terrible. Slow, slow & slower!

2. Depth at all positions - -scary ugly! Both lines may have help after the starters but every where else is thin - - sliced very thin!

3. Tyrod is still Tyrod - - he's not better than the last two seasons and the other NFL teams know it.

4. The defensive backs - safeties & CB's - look oh so average. Who are these guys???

OpIv37
08-10-2017, 11:09 PM
I'm hoping the DL responds well to returning to the 4-3, making life easy for the no-name DB's. The rest of it? No quick fix and not much hope.

Mace
08-10-2017, 11:15 PM
I guess my 4 things would be DE Yarborough, RB Williams, Peterman-promise, and McDermott looking like he's paying attention and engaged.

endzone
08-10-2017, 11:28 PM
I guess my 4 things would be DE Yarborough, RB Williams, Peterman-promise, and McDermott looking like he's paying attention and engaged.

I agree these were positives! Over a 16 game season will they help much - if at all??

Scumbag College
08-10-2017, 11:51 PM
I agree these were positives! Over a 16 game season will they help much - if at all??

Yarbrough will have an impact IMHO, he made Minny's starting and backup OTs look bad. He could have easily had three first half sacks.

Jonathan Williams was a really good RB in college coming off a foot injury. Those things take time to heal. Shady/J. Williams/Ironhead Tolbert are as good as 1-2-3 punch as there as in the league...and with a run heavy offense they will all get their carries and have their moments this year.

Peterman vaulted to the #2 QB tonight. If Beane cut Yates tomorrow and brought in any warm body as the #3 QB I wouldn't be shocked.

I thought the LBs played ok. Humber had a quietly solid performance. I think that the Bills keep at least 7 LBs all doing different things and subbing out often. Depth at DB was good. I think Johnson played really well at nickel and Seymour was out tonight. S. Wright turned in a decent night. Trae Elston made a bunch of plays and his PI was a garbage call.

I'm pretty happy with what I saw. It was the first preseason game but it was live football. Other than the lost two quarters of offense with Yates, it was good football for only a few weeks into camp.

Skooby
08-10-2017, 11:57 PM
Yarbrough will have an impact IMHO, he made Minny's starting and backup OTs look bad. He could have easily had three first half sacks.

Jonathan Williams was a really good RB in college coming off a foot injury. Those things take time to heal. Shady/J. Williams/Ironhead Tolbert are as good as 1-2-3 punch as there as in the league...and with a run heavy offense they will all get their carries and have their moments this year.

Peterman vaulted to the #2 QB tonight. If Beane cut Yates tomorrow and brought in any warm body as the #3 QB I wouldn't be shocked.

I thought the LBs played ok. Humber had a quietly solid performance. I think that the Bills keep at least 7 LBs all doing different things and subbing out often. Depth at DB was good. I think Johnson played really well at nickel and Seymour was out tonight. S. Wright turned in a decent night. Trae Elston made a bunch of plays and his PI was a garbage call.

I'm pretty happy with what I saw. It was the first preseason game but it was live football. Other than the lost two quarters of offense with Yates, it was good football for only a few weeks into camp.
I think Peterman went to 2nd team thanks to this game, Yates is hot garbage.

Scumbag College
08-11-2017, 12:04 AM
I think Peterman went to 2nd team thanks to this game, Yates is hot garbage.

I don't care about how many years of experience as a backup a guy has vs. a rookie late round pick. Peterman can play and needs to get a really good look next week. I think Tyrod starts this year unless an injury, but let Peterman play the last three quarters next week and see if we can count on him this year at #2. That will let us see too what we have in Streater, Philly Brown, etc. because you can't evaluate those guys with the bull**** that Yates showed tonight either.

YardRat
08-11-2017, 06:05 AM
1. Left side oline and right side = Yin and Yang, or Jekyl and Hyde. Complete opposites. Dominant vs sieve.
2. Tyrod was Taylor. Not impressed. Yates was horrible. Disappointed. Peterman showed promise. Encouraging.
3. Very concerned about the secondary...might be scheme...too many open receivers and uncontested catches all night.
4. As I said in the other thread, liked the play challenge. Attention to detail.

Night Train
08-11-2017, 06:46 AM
So it's really about 4 things to ***** about.

SpikedLemonade
08-11-2017, 07:46 AM
So it's really about 4 things to ***** about.

Huh?

It seems posters are being very positive towards Peterman's debut.

It is NOT all a trip to Pleasure Town....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH7hj1nauTc

JoeMama
08-11-2017, 10:07 AM
The most pleasant surprise of the evening for me was Jonathan Williams.

Mostly because I've been down on him all offseason. Then he totally rubs it in my face by running with authority; showing good burst and vision hitting the holes. Our o-line run blocks like it's nobody's business.

TigerJ
08-11-2017, 11:06 AM

I'm pretty happy with what I saw. It was the first preseason game but it was live football. Other than the lost two quarters of offense with Yates, it was good football for only a few weeks into camp.I agree that Peterman looked good, and outplayed Yates, but until they prove otherwise, I expect McDermott/Beane will take a more conservative approach and keep Yates at #2 on the depth chart. Even if Peterman is eventually named the primary backup, I think Yates' roster spot is probably safe this year. I say that without being any kind of fan of Yates.

endzone
08-11-2017, 01:50 PM
The most pleasant surprise of the evening for me was Jonathan Williams.

Mostly because I've been down on him all offseason. Then he totally rubs it in my face by running with authority; showing good burst and vision hitting the holes. Our o-line run blocks like it's nobody's business.
Agree 100% Jonathan look very good surprising me too!

kgun12
08-11-2017, 03:24 PM
First pre-season game with another new coach, schemes, and lots of new players. Let's wait until the season starts before the sky fall! McD is old school, there was no game planning for the game, they are evaluating. They made some moves today, maybe not done, LBer?

Mace
08-11-2017, 06:51 PM

I don't have a clue, but it was the first preseason game. Nothing set in stone yet, I look for shinies. I don't started getting critical until affer regular season game one. They're sifting.

kgun12
08-11-2017, 08:16 PM
I don't have a clue, but it was the first preseason game. Nothing set in stone yet, I look for shinies. I don't started getting critical until affer regular season game one. They're sifting.

Agreed! We have a coach and front office that is trying to put a plan together, not just talk about how good we are going to be or try to take All of the spotlight!