• Show
Clear All
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Gameballs and Goats....Preseason style

Since YardRat is asleep at the switch!

Balls:

Williams: ran like a beast. Seems like he will be a nice change-up for Shady.

Tyrod: Connected on some short stuff, as opposed to running.

Watkins: Played a quarter without getting hurt.

Yarborough: Never took a play off. Real deal.

Peterman led them to their only TD, but was shaky doing it, although it was with the third team and he had no protection. He has some good instincts, and can feel the rush without seeing it.

Fans: Place was pretty full, considering the fair and several other things were going on.

GOATS:

Penalties: New Season, same story. Where's all the discipline we have been promised?

Special Teams: Ugh.

Yates: Waste of a roster spot. No better than Cardale.

Tasker: Kim, please fire this idiot. While he's yelling into the mic that "THERE'S NO SIGNAL", he flat out missed it:

I know it was only the first preseason game, but it looked like it. If you saw the way the Cardinals, Cowboys, and Panthers played...they looked like they were in mid season form. Clearly the Bills have a long way to go.
  • feldspar
    • Mar 2007

Re: Gameballs and Goats....Preseason style

Also...

Goats: Taiwan. Jones for dropping that pass on 4th-and-10 in the red zone. Would have been an easy 1st down.

Vladimir Ducasse

If we ever have to play Henderson at LT, we're in trouble.

I like Tasker as an announcer BTW

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Yarbrough and Williams are the obvious game balls. Taiwan is a good goat. One of my 'favorite plays' of the game in all honesty was the coach's challenge. Yeah, it was a poor challenge and looked obvious that McD wasn't going to win it, but if the reports are accurate that the staff was going to challenge some thing at some time during this game regardless of the circumstances just to 'work the process' it's another feather in the attention-to-detail cap for this crew.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post
        I know it was only the first preseason game, but it looked like it. If you saw the way the Cardinals, Cowboys, and Panthers played...they looked like they were in mid season form. Clearly the Bills have a long way to go.
        I haven't watched it yet, I will tonight, but at least we aren't the Redskins. They only managed 123 total yards of offense last night.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Balls: Peterman for making us look competent at QB.

Goats: Yates, he needs to be shown the door soon.

Ironically they feel Peterman was the biggest highlight of the night as well:
          Last edited by Skooby; 08-11-2017, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

We made the news last night.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

#36 Trae Elston made 3-4 plays at Safety. The one PI call against him was bad. That was a good play.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Front 7 on D smothered the run.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• kishoph
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                  Balls: Peterman for making us look competent at QB.

Goats: Yates, he needs to be shown the door soon.

Ironically they feel Peterman was the biggest highlight of the night as well:
                  http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/10/bi...vikings-17-10/
                  I thought for his first live NFL play Peterman looked like he could have promise. I think he looked very decisive with what he wanted to do with the ball. Also it was nice to see a successful fade pass from a Bills QB, it's a big weapon deep in the red zone.
                  It's hard for me reading reports about QB play, because IMO they are almost always bias depending on who they like. This morning I'm listening to the talking heads on WGR talking about curbing the enthusiasm for Peterman because it's just a preseason game. While almost in the same breath saying how sharp Taylor looked last night. Myself I don't believe that Taylor is good enough to get the Bills deep into the post season. Is Peterman ? Of course not at this time, but I think/hope there's a chance he could be developed into that QB.
                  Last edited by kishoph; 08-11-2017, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by kishoph View Post
                    I thought for his first live NFL play Peterman looked like he could have promise. I think he looked very decisive with what he wanted to do with the ball. Also it was nice to see a successful fade pass from a Bills QB, it's a big weapon deep in the red zone.
                    It's hard for me reading reports about QB play, because IMO they are almost always bias depending on who they like. This morning I'm listening to the talking heads on WGR talking about curbing the enthusiasm for Peterman because it's just a preseason game. While almost in the same breath saying how sharp Taylor looked last night. Myself I don't believe that Taylor is good enough to get the Bills deep into the post season. Is Peterman ? Of course not at this time, but I think/hope there's a chance he could be developed into that QB.
                    Taylor looks the same, Yates is a waste of a roster spot and Peterman needs more reps.

Comment

Working...
                    X