PDA

View Full Version : Cover 2

Stewie
08-11-2017, 01:34 PM
I for one am very excited about the trades. There's no question we're going to dominate with this scheme. We don't need a secondary, given the proliferation of the running game around the league, along with the popularity of 7 step pass drops.

Our cheddar is getting to the QB, anyway. We don't need CB's. In fact, I think we are going with a 7-4 with five DT's. They will just stand four 3-techs on each others shoulders pre-snap and fall over in the direction of the QB. Guaranteed sack every play.

YardRat
08-11-2017, 08:17 PM
I'm sensing you're not a fan of the trades. Or am I reading too much into it?

kishoph
08-13-2017, 07:19 AM
I for one am very excited about the trades. There's no question we're going to dominate with this scheme. We don't need a secondary, given the proliferation of the running game around the league, along with the popularity of 7 step pass drops.

Our cheddar is getting to the QB, anyway. We don't need CB's. In fact, I think we are going with a 7-4 with five DT's. They will just stand four 3-techs on each others shoulders pre-snap and fall over in the direction of the QB. Guaranteed sack every play.

You're ignoring the offensive side of the ball, where the Bills are going to pioneer the 3 slot receiver set.

Stewie
09-17-2017, 01:32 PM
Whatever ends up happening todays game, after 6 quarters of play, I can safely say I was wrong. Boy, was I wrong. This defense is disciplined, smart and effective.

Mr. Pink
09-17-2017, 01:38 PM
The style of defense works, it worked while Jauron was here.

Never got the vitriol people had with it.

justasportsfan
09-17-2017, 01:38 PM
Yeah this D is dominant. Unfortunately , I miss Dick Jaurons offense when watching this one.

Stewie
09-17-2017, 01:41 PM
The style of defense works, it worked while Jauron was here.

Never got the vitriol people had with it.

My problem with it was the way I thought it would be used. I didn't expect as many pressure looks, fakes and stunts. I didn't expect that they would mix it up as much as they are. I was under the impression they'd be a lot more predictable, because I am not a good football scout.

Novacane
09-17-2017, 01:45 PM
I had my doubt too but it looks like this defense is good enough to win with. If we only had a QB!

Stewie
09-17-2017, 01:48 PM
With Kyle, Brown and Poyer, I can't believe how strong we are up the middle.

sudzy
09-17-2017, 06:52 PM
With Kyle, Brown and Poyer, I can't believe how strong we are up the middle.

I still believe Brown isn't a good fit for this defense. The D-line is stacked and McDermott has some of his guys at DB. But, as the year goes on, I think our LBs will be exposed.