PDA

View Full Version : This is the Bills Shot At Sam Darnold

Night Train
08-11-2017, 03:18 PM
Enough picks to package and trade up to #1.

Very possible now.

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-11-2017, 03:20 PM
i hope you're right, but he may not even declare. remember andrew luck stayed in school for a year and because of it, we ended up drafting Dareus instead of potentially Cam Newton.

Night Train
08-11-2017, 03:22 PM
The nice part is, there are still several other QB's not named Sam Darnold that are rated higher than any of the top QB's recently selected.

Joe Fo Sho
08-11-2017, 03:22 PM
Unless the team at #1 wants him.

JoeMama
08-11-2017, 03:23 PM
IF he declares.

IF he remains the best option.

IF a team that's even worse than us are willing to give him up.

I don't like all those clauses in there.

Night Train
08-11-2017, 03:26 PM
From DB's scouting thread

2018 Class -
Mason Rudolph - Oklahoma State
Max Browne - Pitt
Matt Linehan - Idaho
Luke Falk - Washington State
Baker Mayfield - Oklahoma
JT Barrett - Ohio State
Quinton Flowers - South Florida
Mike White - Western Kentucky
Jeremiah Briscoe - Sam Houston State
Logan Woodside - Toledo

2019 Class (Eligible as Jr. Early Entrant) -
Josh Rosen - UCLA
Josh Allen - Wyoming
Lamar Jackson - Louisville
Wilton Speights - Michigan
Nick Fitzgerald - Mississippi State
Brett Rypien - Boise State
Jake Browning - Washington
Clayton Thorson - Northwestern
Blake Barnett - Arizona State
Trace McSorley - Penn State

2020 Class (Eligible as rSo Early Entrant) -
Kyle Allen - Houston
Will Grier - West Virginia
Jarret Stidham - Auburn
Brandon Wimbush - Notre Dame
Sam Darnold - USC

Buffalogic
08-11-2017, 04:00 PM
We've got a real chance as long as the Jets don't get the first overall pick. It's Jets versus the field and we have the field.

DraftBoy
08-11-2017, 04:05 PM
For this to be a successful scenario for the Bills at least one 'ELITE' level QB need to be at our pick. Right now looking at 2018 and who we know will without question be in the draft, there is no elite level QB prospect.

Now there are probably 2-4 who could declare early and come in, but early entrant QB's are the hardest to predict or count on.

Keep in mind it was only 30 days ago when news broke that Darnold was not leaving USC this year. Now he's come out and said he's only focused on USC football and that decisions will be made when appropriate, but this Bills are taking a rather big risk if this is all-in for #1 QB pick.

Mr. Pink
08-11-2017, 04:11 PM
For this to be a successful scenario for the Bills at least one 'ELITE' level QB need to be at our pick. Right now looking at 2018 and who we know will without question be in the draft, there is no elite level QB prospect.

Now there are probably 2-4 who could declare early and come in, but early entrant QB's are the hardest to predict or count on.

Keep in mind it was only 30 days ago when news broke that Darnold was not leaving USC this year. Now he's come out and said he's only focused on USC football and that decisions will be made when appropriate, but this Bills are taking a rather big risk if this is all-in for #1 QB pick.

If that's the case then you take your 1st round pick, likely to be top 6 and trade down with someone and pick up an extra 2019 1st rounder. A guy like Christian Kirk would be tempting for a team in the 20s to want to move up to get and they'll have to pay a heavy price to do so.

DraftBoy
08-11-2017, 04:22 PM
If that's the case then you take your 1st round pick, likely to be top 6 and trade down with someone and pick up an extra 2019 1st rounder. A guy like Christian Kirk would be tempting for a team in the 20s to want to move up to get and they'll have to pay a heavy price to do so.

Easier said than done, also Kirk would need to leave school early as well. He's 2019 prospect.

Mr. Pink
08-11-2017, 04:32 PM
Easier said than done, also Kirk would need to leave school early as well. He's 2019 prospect.

Happens every year in the draft with someone moving up. And WR is usually a position teams do it for.

Replace Kirk with Calvin Ridley...one of the two will definitely declare and I'd be highly surprised if it's not both. Both guys are head and shoulders better than the rest of the WR class.

If not you always have Saquon Barkley who teams will fall in love with over his speed...yeah yeah, he'd have to declare early too before you say it.

John Doe
08-11-2017, 04:35 PM

Are you saying that none of the QBs available in next year's draft can improve their status to "elite" with a big year?

feldspar
08-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Unless the team at #1 wants him.

Yes, exactly.

Dunno why the worst team in the league would think they already have their franchise guy at QB. Although it's been known to happen, it's not exactly likely. Don't see why anybody would pass on a top legit QB prospect for we'd be able to offer...not if they need a QB too.

Most bad teams pass on QBs at the top of the board on years where the pickings are slim, or they have somebody they are trying to develop somehow.

All these picks assure the Bills of nothing.

We'll see how these play in college this year, too...should all be interesting, anyway.

YardRat
08-11-2017, 04:41 PM
These guys aren't cashing in assets for a one-time prayer at an unproven QB that may not even be eligible to draft. If they are, they are a lot dumber than I perceive them to be, and I don't think they are.

Night Train
08-11-2017, 04:57 PM
These guys aren't cashing in assets for a one-time prayer at an unproven QB that may not even be eligible to draft. If they are, they are a lot dumber than I perceive them to be, and I don't think they are.

Watching college football is always great for me. It will be even better this year. Darnold isn't the only QB with talent.

Ed
08-11-2017, 04:59 PM
Assuming Darnold declares and is the best qb, the only shot the Bills have at getting him is finishing with the worst record. Teams like the Browns and Jets aren't even going to consider trading out of the #1 spot.

Pennywise
08-11-2017, 06:18 PM
Also add in our 2019 1st...or 2nd...or whatever 2019 pick they want.

Lots and lots of ammo.

Mouldsie
08-11-2017, 06:23 PM
Teams have to trade with us because we want them to, you guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Teams have to trade with us because we want them to, you guys.

DraftBoy
08-11-2017, 06:34 PM
Are you saying that none of the QBs available in next year's draft can improve their status to "elite" with a big year?

The only current senior QB worth considering in the first round is Mason Rudolph. Can he become elite? It's possible, but not likely.

cookie G
08-11-2017, 07:06 PM

Plan B is now to tank for 2 straight years?

lol....

that pretty much takes care of the rest of this decade.

Could you give me a timeline of when you plan to try to actually win games?

Skooby
08-11-2017, 07:08 PM

lol....

Every week but we won't.

Mr. Pink
08-11-2017, 07:09 PM

lol....

Well considering this franchise hasn't tried to actually win games since 2004 now, what's another season?

Mr. Pink
08-11-2017, 07:19 PM
Seriously it makes me laugh how up in arms some people are over these two trades today, like Sammy Watkins and Ronald Darby were the mythical pieces for this team to reach the promise land. This is a pretty bad roster with a stud at RB, a wasted tight end and a good front 4 defensively. The rest of this team is a scrap heap of interchangeable parts.

It needs to be torn down and rebuilt, that doesn't happen overnight. Or would you rather the team kept spinning its wheels in the 7-9 mediocrity dance?

I'd rather this team go 0-16 the next two years - won't happen - and start acquiring young stud players to actually be competitive in the future than more of this perpetual mediocre cycle where there will be another coaching and GM search in 3 years to just do more of the same.

This team should have been gutted and rebuilt years ago instead of a constant band-aid and new flashy signings to hype the fans over nothing.

Skooby
08-11-2017, 07:25 PM
Seriously it makes me laugh how up in arms some people are over these two trades today, like Sammy Watkins and Ronald Darby were the mythical pieces for this team to reach the promise land. This is a pretty bad roster with a stud at RB, a wasted tight end and a good front 4 defensively. The rest of this team is a scrap heap of interchangeable parts.

It needs to be torn down and rebuilt, that doesn't happen overnight. Or would you rather the team kept spinning its wheels in the 7-9 mediocrity dance?

I'd rather this team go 0-16 the next two years - won't happen - and start acquiring young stud players to actually be competitive in the future than more of this perpetual mediocre cycle where there will be another coaching and GM search in 3 years to just do more of the same.

This team should have been gutted and rebuilt years ago instead of a constant band-aid and new flashy signings to hype the fans over nothing.
It's almost like they were selling a business and wanted to put the maximum they could in the bank, that's what I know.

psubills62
08-11-2017, 07:37 PM
This is a Luck situation. If Darnold is there at #1 and is as good as expected, nobody's trading that pick away for any number of picks. Unless it's a team who believes they happen to have a franchise QB already (e.g. Bears).

cookie G
08-11-2017, 08:37 PM
Well considering this franchise hasn't tried to actually win games since 2004 now, what's another season?

or 3
or 5

Maybe there's some Pop Warner kid you'll be ready to draft in 10-12 years.

djjimkelly
08-11-2017, 10:17 PM
Enough picks to package and trade up to #1.

Very possible now.

i think its very possible we win 4 games and dont need to trade to get him :)

Mr. Pink
08-11-2017, 11:25 PM
or 3
or 5

Maybe there's some Pop Warner kid you'll be ready to draft in 10-12 years.

Or they can keep going with the band-aid approach of the past 13 years and they'll end up with guys like Losman, Fitzpatrick, Holcomb, Edwards, Orton, Tyrod and stay in that perpetual 7-9 cycle for another decade.

You apparently seem to be okay with that over actually gutting this team and starting over with a new approach.

1 or 2 years of 3-13 with a front office that actually makes the right moves is a hell of a lot better than 17 years of spinning the wheels, minus one season, with no legitimate shot at a playoff spot.

Now if you don't think the guys in charge can actually do anything with stockpiling future assets that's another discussion entirely but it should be painfully obvious that the band-aid flashy signing approach didn't, doesn't and won't work at this point.

Skooby
08-12-2017, 12:07 AM
Peterman is the closest thing we have to a franchise QB, let's cut to the chase and get him on the field starting.

SpikedLemonade
08-12-2017, 06:13 AM
i hope you're right, but he may not even declare. remember andrew luck stayed in school for a year and because of it, we ended up drafting Dareus instead of potentially Cam Newton.

Remember?

It is burned in brain forever.

swiper
08-12-2017, 06:44 AM
Beane apparently didn't have Watkins & Darby as far up on the draft board as our friend, Doug Whaley. A shot at Whaley's tendency to draft sleek athletes over actual football players.

That opinion of those two players made these decisions easier. As Pink said, neither one of those guys has set the world on fire. Neither were bad players. Teams actually called Beane asking about them. So sell modest commodities while their values are high. Some of the peeps (fans) will be upset. So the next test is showing the peeps that this was the right move.

Hopefully the two new players come in and have productive seasons. We'll watch to see what Watkins & Darby do. Beane knows more about Watkins foot health than any of us.

After being downtrodden over the foibles of the past 17 years, I still can see light in these moves. IDK. My normal critical opinion is open to these moves. I just hope Darnold declares, if that is the target.

Yet, Darnold says he was nearly overcome with nerves early in the Rose Bowl. It’s apparent on film: He rushes his first few throws. But this is what separates Darnold: Within a series or two, he settled in, just like that.

During games, Darnold often stands alone on the sideline. When losing, he privately stews. He learned the benefit of composure in high school, after a basketball game. San Clemente blew an eight-point lead, and he threw a fist into a locker door. A broken finger caused him to miss much of the season.

“He doesn’t get flustered now, he gets mad,” says Tyson Helton, USC’s quarterbacks coach. “And that’s a good thing."

I like the sound of this. His mentality would fit good with McDermott & Dennison here in the Buffalo cold.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/la-sp-sam-darnold-usc-20170728-htmlstory.html

GreedoII
08-12-2017, 07:27 AM
They are trying to win and get assets so they can stockpile and package picks to get who they want. They are not tanking.....people around here and stupid. Don;t be surprised if they trade somebody else. Cough...cough...Darius....

BuffaloBlitz83
08-12-2017, 08:02 AM
They are trying to win and get assets so they can stockpile and package picks to get who they want. They are not tanking.....people around here and stupid. Don;t be surprised if they trade somebody else. Cough...cough...Darius....

We need to watch Josh Allen and Josh Rosen. Rosen I hear is kind of a dick, teammates don't like him.

Dirt_Pay
08-12-2017, 08:39 AM
Terry Pegula learned his lesson with the sabres; don't tank to get one good player, you need talent around him for the team to be good.

SpikedLemonade
08-12-2017, 08:44 AM
Terry Pegula learned his lesson with the sabres; don't tank to get one good player, you need talent around him for the team to be good.
The Dumb Polock is NOT capable of learning anything other than when you find fracking gas, you drill holes.

What I hoped he learned is for him and his wife to just hire competent NFL people and let them to their job without interference.

cookie G
08-12-2017, 02:37 PM
Or they can keep going with the band-aid approach of the past 13 years and they'll end up with guys like Losman, Fitzpatrick, Holcomb, Edwards, Orton, Tyrod and stay in that perpetual 7-9 cycle for another decade.

You apparently seem to be okay with that over actually gutting this team and starting over with a new approach.

1 or 2 years of 3-13 with a front office that actually makes the right moves is a hell of a lot better than 17 years of spinning the wheels, minus one season, with no legitimate shot at a playoff spot.

Now if you don't think the guys in charge can actually do anything with stockpiling future assets that's another discussion entirely but it should be painfully obvious that the band-aid flashy signing approach didn't, doesn't and won't work at this point.

for all of your "let's tank" routine I've heard over the years....I haven't heard many you're exactly willing to tank for...

I mean, Andrew Luck was 6 years ago.

And you're talking about adding another 2 years to the "tank".

Tanking is the easy part...coming up with an actual plan after the tank ...another thing.

And sorry about the belief that I'm willing "settle".

I'm firmly entrenched in the Jimmifli school of QB acquisition..

-always on teh lookout
-doing due diligence
-keep drafting until you've found your guy.

If you look at my mock from 2016, I would have taken Paxton Lynch and let him learn.
This year I would have taken Mahomes..

I'll stand by both of those statements, win or lose.

In 2014, I stated I would have been happy to take another qB, even though they took EJ in '13.

Going back further...

I remember (smilingly when I recall it) being in the Anchor Bar and listening to SalC rant on about the Leotis McLovin pick.
When he saw the scowl on my face, I just said, "We could have had Flacco". He of course, went on, raving about his recovery skills and athleticism.

And as far as Losman goes, lol.

To this day, for the life of me...I don't know why the Bills didn't offer Jax what they gave to Dallas, so they could have jumped in front of Pitt.

But really if you don't know what the problem is...its this constant coaching/GM turnover and wanting "their" guys.

And "their" guys ..the ones to replace the ones they just dumped...receive the top priority.

THAT'S why they never get around to the QB position.

And the current regime...I don't see anything different.

It should have been a tip off when they used their top pick on a CB to replace Gilmore.

Just another rebuilding plan based on ego, rather than sense.

Mr. Pink
08-12-2017, 03:13 PM
If you want to go with moves I would have done personally instead of what the Bills did, the Bills would have moved up for Big Ben instead of for JP, would have drafted Dez Bryant instead of CJ Spiller, if you say the Big Ben thing couldn't have happened fine then Cutler over Whitner, Mangold over McCargo, trading up for Mack over Watkins or just staying put and drafting OBJ. This franchise has made wrong move after wrong move since Butler left. Donahoe wasn't as bad as the rest of the bums but he did bring in JP - colossal mistake and McGahee for no reason. There are plenty of other differences this team could and should have made over the years, the Big Ben thing alone would have completely changed this franchise.

This past year I would have released that bum at QB and drafted 2 QBs...Mahomes in Rd 1 and either Josh Dobbs or Chad Kelly late. Next year, outside of the obvious guys at the top, I like Luke Falk from Washington St. Thought he would have came out last year. In the mock draft thread in the scouting forum, all of my mocks I posted I drafted one of those guys I mentioned. Then you go out and you do a real competition between the guys you drafted. You sink or swim with it. If the team ended up being 3-13 terrible, well then in 2018 you'd go out and draft two more guys. One high, one middle to low and you do the same competition again. You keep doing this until you find a guy who actually can play at a high level because in this league if you don't have an elite QB you're spinning your wheels year after year. You can either be like the Bills or the Bengals while doing it. Obviously the Bengals would be an improvement over what is going on here but it's still not good enough.

Meanwhile, I'm not even convinced this team is rebuilding yet. This coming offseason will tell if it is or not based on what they do. If Tyrod is still starting in 2018 with Yates and Peterman behind him then how is that a rebuild? It's the same old ****. I don't care about this upcoming season, I don't care about any of these players and I don't care how this team does on the field. And if that's the QB trio in 2018 or Yates is replaced with some other journeyman I won't care about that team either. This team, currently assembled, is going nowhere. This team as it was assembled 2 days ago was going nowhere.

At this point if this was a true rebuild then guys like McCoy should be put on the block. Get whatever value you can out of him and in terms of building for the future. RBs in this league are a dime a dozen and being the top rushing team in football means absolutely nothing. Even if that trade with McCoy is just for a 2nd round pick, I'd think the value would be higher from somewhere but I'm sure Jonathan Williams can go out and run the ball more than effectively enough. Hell, go out and trade Clay for whatever assets you can find and sign Gary Barnidge to replace him. Both of these moves would maneuver you a bunch of cap space for the future and get you more draft picks to build a team.

You might call that "tanking." I call it a plan for the long term because guys like Clay and McCoy either a. won't be here when the team turns the corner or b. will be way passed their prime. Not to mention the fact that I'm sure without McCoy this team will be a top 5 rushing team anyway and the dropoff from Clay to Barnidge is minimal.

As I've said before doubting that the new guys in charge will do anything different than the past is another discussion entirely but we all know that the methods of the past simply don't work and this version of football we've been doing since 2005 is unwatchable at this point, to me at least.

Mouldsie
08-12-2017, 04:40 PM
Peterman is the closest thing we have to a franchise QB, let's cut to the chase and get him on the field starting.
I'd be down for this but not because he's the franchise QB but because he will assure us one by throwing 24 INT's

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be down for this but not because he's the franchise QB but because he will assure us one by throwing 24 INT's

Mouldsie
08-12-2017, 04:44 PM
Beane apparently didn't have Watkins & Darby as far up on the draft board as our friend, Doug Whaley. A shot at Whaley's tendency to draft sleek athletes over actual football players.

That opinion of those two players made these decisions easier. As Pink said, neither one of those guys has set the world on fire. Neither were bad players. Teams actually called Beane asking about them. So sell modest commodities while their values are high. Some of the peeps (fans) will be upset. So the next test is showing the peeps that this was the right move.

Hopefully the two new players come in and have productive seasons. We'll watch to see what Watkins & Darby do. Beane knows more about Watkins foot health than any of us.

After being downtrodden over the foibles of the past 17 years, I still can see light in these moves. IDK. My normal critical opinion is open to these moves. I just hope Darnold declares, if that is the target.

I like the sound of this. His mentality would fit good with McDermott & Dennison here in the Buffalo cold.

Here's the flaws in your post:

1) Beane thinks JP is as good as SW? This is the same guy Carolina praised for making the move to get Devin Funchess. Carolina btw has terrible WR's, and said Steve Smith was done way before he actually was. Sounds like he doesnt know **** about WR play.

2) Darnold is never happening unless we finish below the Jets (which also is not happening).

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the flaws in your post:

1) Beane thinks JP is as good as SW? This is the same guy Carolina praised for making the move to get Devin Funchess. Carolina btw has terrible WR's, and said Steve Smith was done way before he actually was. Sounds like he doesnt know **** about WR play.

2) Darnold is never happening unless we finish below the Jets (which also is not happening).

sudzy
08-13-2017, 06:14 AM
Yes, exactly.

Dunno why the worst team in the league would think they already have their franchise guy at QB. Although it's been known to happen, it's not exactly likely. Don't see why anybody would pass on a top legit QB prospect for we'd be able to offer...not if they need a QB too.

Most bad teams pass on QBs at the top of the board on years where the pickings are slim, or they have somebody they are trying to develop somehow.

All these picks assure the Bills of nothing.

We'll see how these play in college this year, too...should all be interesting, anyway.

The only team I could see doing it is the Rams. If the team is bad, but, Goff shows just enough, to where the Rams aren't willing to give up on him, yet.

SpikedLemonade
08-13-2017, 06:25 AM
3-13

cookie G
08-13-2017, 01:46 PM
If you want to go with moves I would have done personally instead of what the Bills did, the Bills would have moved up for Big Ben instead of for JP, would have drafted Dez Bryant instead of CJ Spiller, if you say the Big Ben thing couldn't have happened fine then Cutler over Whitner, Mangold over McCargo, trading up for Mack over Watkins or just staying put and drafting OBJ. This franchise has made wrong move after wrong move since Butler left. Donahoe wasn't as bad as the rest of the bums but he did bring in JP - colossal mistake and McGahee for no reason. There are plenty of other differences this team could and should have made over the years, the Big Ben thing alone would have completely changed this franchise.

What I meant regarding Big Ben was this...

The Bills wanted to move up to get him...

The problem was (according to the story out of Pitt) was that they were originally going to take on O-lineman. But Rooney spoke to the front office and said he always regretted passing on Marino and didn't want to do it again.

The Bills offered to trade with them..but Pitt refused. Later, TD panicked and gave a boatload for Losman, inlcuding their no. 1 the next year.

My point idk why they didn't offer Jax, or Houston something like that. Both were ahead of the Steelers. Niether was looking for a QB. Houston took Dunta Robinson, Jax took a receiver. Either would have gotten an extra no. 1 for 2005 and still got the guy they wanted.

Anyways, its kinda ancient history...you can't pine for a lost love forever.

This past year I would have released that bum at QB and drafted 2 QBs...Mahomes in Rd 1 and either Josh Dobbs or Chad Kelly late. Next year, outside of the obvious guys at the top, I like Luke Falk from Washington St. Thought he would have came out last year. In the mock draft thread in the scouting forum, all of my mocks I posted I drafted one of those guys I mentioned. Then you go out and you do a real competition between the guys you drafted. You sink or swim with it. If the team ended up being 3-13 terrible, well then in 2018 you'd go out and draft two more guys. One high, one middle to low and you do the same competition again. You keep doing this until you find a guy who actually can play at a high level because in this league if you don't have an elite QB you're spinning your wheels year after year. You can either be like the Bills or the Bengals while doing it. Obviously the Bengals would be an improvement over what is going on here but it's still not good enough.

I have no problem with this philosophy, but I wouldn't have dumped Taylor. I'd let the rookies learn for a year or 2. (another reason you draft them early and often.).

I will point out that in the mock of yours I had seen this year, you picked Rueben Foster and then Kelly with your last pick. (that's what I saw)..and the year before, you seemed pretty happy with the Shaq Lawson pick.

This is kinda what I'm saying...If you're going to commit to improving the position, be willing to sacrifice to do it.

Its by far the hardest position to evaluate, and the hardest position to find a good one. The big problem with this franchise is that QB is adressed AFTER "other needs" are addressed.

Its been ass backwards for this playoff drought.

Meanwhile, I'm not even convinced this team is rebuilding yet. This coming offseason will tell if it is or not based on what they do. If Tyrod is still starting in 2018 with Yates and Peterman behind him then how is that a rebuild? It's the same old ****.

All they have to do is say "We have to see what this Peterman kid has before we commit to anyone else" and I'll know they are back in teh Jauron Era. Not that I hate Peterman, far from it...but I wouldn't be banking my franchise on him.

I don't care about this upcoming season, I don't care about any of these players and I don't care how this team does on the field. And if that's the QB trio in 2018 or Yates is replaced with some other journeyman I won't care about that team either. This team, currently assembled, is going nowhere. This team as it was assembled 2 days ago was going nowhere. [/quote]

At this point if this was a true rebuild then guys like McCoy should be put on the block. Get whatever value you can out of him and in terms of building for the future. RBs in this league are a dime a dozen and being the top rushing team in football means absolutely nothing. Even if that trade with McCoy is just for a 2nd round pick, I'd think the value would be higher from somewhere but I'm sure Jonathan Williams can go out and run the ball more than effectively enough. Hell, go out and trade Clay for whatever assets you can find and sign Gary Barnidge to replace him. Both of these moves would maneuver you a bunch of cap space for the future and get you more draft picks to build a team.

You might call that "tanking." I call it a plan for the long term because guys like Clay and McCoy either a. won't be here when the team turns the corner or b. will be way passed their prime. Not to mention the fact that I'm sure without McCoy this team will be a top 5 rushing team anyway and the dropoff from Clay to Barnidge is minimal.

As I've said before doubting that the new guys in charge will do anything different than the past is another discussion entirely but we all know that the methods of the past simply don't work and this version of football we've been doing since 2005 is unwatchable at this point, to me at least.

When Jauron/Levy took over in 2006, the Bills were one year removed from the no. 2 D in the league, after losing their heart and soul in 2005.

A new coach, a new GM, a new philosophy, a new "vision".

By 2007, there were 3 people left from that defense...McGee, Kelsay and Schobel.

On offense, Moulds was traded, McGahee was traded, Spikes was traded, a new QB was installed, 4 of 5 OL were new, and the only starters left were Peters and Evans.

It was a rebuild...a bad one, but a rebuild nonetheless.

IN 2010, Buddy had a 3-4 defense in mind before he hired a coach...and spent the majority of his time trying to build one.

Within a year, 6 ofr 11 starters were new. Again...he used a 1st on a rb (like the Bills did in 2007) and dumped his best back. Within a year, there weren't too many left from the 2009 starters.

Outside of Spiller and Cordy Glenn, Buddy invested nothing on the offense. The WR's became a groups of UFDA's and their best lineman, Levitre, was replace with a gang of dumpster collectings.
Like 2006, it was a rebuild...jsut a bad one.

Hell...even after taking over the NFL's no. 4 defense, Rex whined enough to use the top 4 picks in 2 years on this defense.

Double Hell....even this year...they bypased the QB position to take ....a CB. (But this time its different!!)

Coming soon, McCoy, Incognito and Kyle Willams will need to be replaced. If the schmuck they just traded for gives up a passer rating of 140 like he did last year..they're looking at another CB.

Don't be shocked if they make their priority on replacements and..as usual, the QB position gets put on a back burner.

I've seen this rerun too many times.