PDA

View Full Version : Who Is The #1 Bills Wide Receiver Now?

BillsImpossible
08-11-2017, 07:28 PM
Zay Jones?

Night Train
08-11-2017, 07:29 PM
Andre Reed

Skooby
08-11-2017, 07:34 PM
Boldin.

BillsImpossible
08-11-2017, 07:43 PM
Boldin.

I don't see anyone else worthy of the position.

BillsImpossible
08-11-2017, 07:47 PM
Andre Reed

I bet you Dre is saying he could easily be the slot WR for the Bills right now.

kgun12
08-11-2017, 07:49 PM
I don't understand the hate for Holmes, he was behind two pretty good receivers and did pretty good. I'm not saying he's on his way to the HOF but damn this team gets crapped on no matter what they do! Yes I'm tired of losing and had season tickets from 1989-1999 and enjoyed the greatest time in our history, but hell, they're not trying to suck, they just weren't smart enough to draft Brady, Rogers, Ryan, Brees or anyone named Manning. Just remember without a QB, nothing else matters. Period end of story!

BillsImpossible
08-11-2017, 07:52 PM
Don't worry, Night Train, Dennison has these crazy things called crossing patterns in his offense.

Jordan Matthews is 1 of the 3, so is Zay Jones and Boldin.

Boldin
Matthews
Jones

or another combination of the 3?

justasportsfan
08-11-2017, 07:53 PM
Whoever can get open while TT is scrambling

Thurmal
08-11-2017, 07:55 PM
I bet you Dre is saying he could easily be the slot WR for the Bills right now.
My guess is they cut him along with two others from a list of seven or so to get a compensatory 3rd from losing Gilmore.

BillsImpossible
08-11-2017, 08:08 PM
I don't understand the hate for Holmes, he was behind two pretty good receivers and did pretty good. I'm not saying he's on his way to the HOF but damn this team gets crapped on no matter what they do! Yes I'm tired of losing and had season tickets from 1989-1999 and enjoyed the greatest time in our history, but hell, they're not trying to suck, they just weren't smart enough to draft Brady, Rogers, Ryan, Brees or anyone named Manning. Just remember without a QB, nothing else matters. Period end of story!

Thank you for the wet blanket.

Has Tyrod Taylor had a lot of talent to play with in the passing game?

When Watkins, Woods and that Olympics guy (Goodwin) were healthy, Taylor's passing numbers were excellent. When Taylor had little to work with, he still managed to not give up the ball and put up good numbers in an offense that was built behind Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez's ass.

Now he has a future Hall of Fame WR in Boldin, a rare ready to go rookie in Zay Jones, and a very productive receiver in Jordan Matthews to work with.

I wonder if somebody told Boldin that the Bills were planning to trade Watkins?

kgun12
08-11-2017, 08:12 PM
Thank you for the wet blanket.

Has Tyrod Taylor had a lot of talent to play with in the passing game?

When Watkins, Woods and that Olympics guy (Goodwin) were healthy, Taylor's passing numbers were excellent. When Taylor had little to work with, he still managed to not give up the ball and put up good numbers in an offense that was built behind Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez's ass.

Now he has a future Hall of Fame WR in Boldin, a rare ready to go rookie in Zay Jones, and a very productive receiver in Jordan Matthews to work with.

I wonder if somebody told Boldin that the Bills were planning to trade Watkins?

I know, it's easier to see the glass half empty!

YardRat
08-11-2017, 08:20 PM
Shady/Williams/Tolbert/DiMarco.

- - - Updated - - -

Otherwise known as LeJohn DiMolbert.

BillsImpossible
08-11-2017, 08:22 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Wide Receiver, not RB Yardy!

kgun12
08-11-2017, 08:32 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Nicely done! :cheers:

JoeMama
08-11-2017, 08:32 PM
Does it matter?

We have three slot receivers and only one slot.

Can't wait to see them average 5 yards a catch all season. Might as well bring Trentative out of retirement if that's our plan for 2017.

YardRat
08-11-2017, 08:34 PM
Does it matter?

Can't wait to see them average 5 yards a catch all season. Might as well bring Trentative out of retirement if that's our plan for 2017.
If it ends up being a winning formula we'll all love it.

Turf
08-11-2017, 09:05 PM
"He brings leadership, toughness, our kind of guy". Beanes quote on Matthew. Interesting.

HHURRICANE
08-12-2017, 10:52 AM
Banridge

JoeMama
08-12-2017, 12:38 PM
If it ends up being a winning formula we'll all love it.

A winning formula?

With bums like slow slot receiver Jordan "chronic tendinitis" Matthews and EJ "I give up the most touchdowns in the league" Gaines as our starters?

Keep dreaming.

The only way any of this is a winning formula is if we draft a franchise QB next year and blessedly end our playoff drought in 2021 (best case scenario with this rebuild).

cookie G
08-12-2017, 01:45 PM
Does it matter?

Dick Jauron waves hello.

JoeMama
08-12-2017, 01:49 PM
Dick Jauron waves hello.

LOL

This team exists only to spite me.

I've said it a hundred million times before but I'll say it again. If you took a handful of intelligent posters on this forum and put them in charge of the draft/free agency, we seriously would have been much better off the past 17 years.

jimmifli
08-12-2017, 02:19 PM
Dick Jauron waves hello.

Did he clap after and stare blankly ahead?

Thurmal
08-12-2017, 02:23 PM
LOL

This team exists only to spite me.

I've said it a hundred million times before but I'll say it again. If you took a handful of intelligent posters on this forum and put them in charge of the draft/free agency, we seriously would have been much better off the past 17 years.
Absolutely. Never would've had Maybin, Manuel, McCargo, or Whitner. There's four albatrosses gone right off the top.

cookie G
08-12-2017, 02:41 PM
Did he clap after and stare blankly ahead?

He just kept muttering himself, "we've got to dumb down the offense, we've got to dumb down the offense"

If there is one coach that should have been bound, gagged and barred from any meeting of the offense, it was Dickie

Arm of Harm
08-12-2017, 07:46 PM

Yeah, well, not every team has that problem. The Las Vegas Raiders have multiple slots. Their offense is a veritable slot machine. :rockon:

stuckincincy
08-14-2017, 12:03 AM
BUF should pay particular attention to CIN's WR cuts and CIN's practice squad assignments.

Mad Bomber
08-14-2017, 05:36 PM
Absolutely. Never would've had Maybin, Manuel, McCargo, or Whitner. There's four albatrosses gone right off the top.
Don't forget McGahee

stuckincincy
08-14-2017, 09:26 PM
Don't forget McGahee

McGahee garnered 24 touchdowns in his three playing years with BUF. Went on to get 36 td's in 4 years for BAL. That's pretty good.

sukie
08-14-2017, 10:16 PM
Does it matter?

All Brady throws to are slot guys or short white guys running hooks

stuckincincy
08-14-2017, 10:48 PM
All Brady throws to are slot guys or short white guys running hooks

Yep.

Speed, speed, speed, the mantra goes. Bunk.

Methodically moving the sticks gets the job done. Those short strikes also open up the run game...the pass to the RB game, too.

Belli gets receivers that cross into Brady's first look field of vision - and he delivers the strike. That's Brady's great skill.

Historian
08-15-2017, 06:32 AM
He just kept muttering himself, "we've got to dumb down the offense, we've got to dumb down the offense"

If there is one coach that should have been bound, gagged and barred from any meeting of the offense, it was Dickie

REPORTER: "Dick, should you be fired?"

DICK: "Uh....I love this game....and I love these guys...."