PDA

View Full Version : Can we trade Eric Wood?

endzone
08-12-2017, 05:43 PM
As the new GM & Coaching staff review the roster why not take a look at Wood? He doesn't appear to be physical enough to move opponents off the ball and his pass protection capabilities are limited. The Bills are paying him $7.5 mil per season. IF he was traded for something the team would save about $3 mil against the cap. IMO Ryan Groy outplayed him at center last year and is paid about 5mil less.

Thurmal
08-12-2017, 06:44 PM
It's the last year of his deal anyway. With our line as thin as it is, I'd personally like to save Groy for guard depth this year.

GreedoII
08-12-2017, 07:30 PM
I say do it...he's gone next year for sure...along with

McCoy
Glenn
Clay
Darius
Williams

Bank that...maybe before week 1

feldspar
08-12-2017, 07:43 PM
Please...

The Bills aren't looking to purge their roster at this moment. Hell, they weren't actively shopping Darby or Watkins, either. The teams they were traded to were the instigators. In other words, THEY called US. And the Bills decided to play ball, as it were. These couldn't have been easy decisions.

It's a little late to shake things up more than they have been already this year.

We make a couple of surprising moves, and then some people go overboard like we're trading football cards...

Homegrown
08-12-2017, 07:47 PM
As the new GM & Coaching staff review the roster why not take a look at Wood? He doesn't appear to be physical enough to move opponents off the ball and his pass protection capabilities are limited. The Bills are paying him $7.5 mil per season. IF he was traded for something the team would save about $3 mil against the cap. IMO Ryan Groy outplayed him at center last year and is paid about 5mil less.
Resume : not physical. ...limited pass protection. ... $7.5M - who's going trade anything for that?

justasportsfan
08-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Neither Sammy nor Darby were leaders. Wood , Incognito, Boldin , Kyle are. From what I hear MCD loves positive leaders . I doubt they get dumped until their replacements arrive

psubills62
08-12-2017, 08:15 PM
Don't know that he's worth much in a trade, but if he was, Ravens were the first team who came to mind. Lost John Urschel to retirement, believe they just lost another interior OL to injury as well.

SpikedLemonade
08-12-2017, 09:07 PM
I think we can trade Eric Wood however he has very little value.

I think his value is in the feminine products range.

Why?

Do you need a tamp?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvpFT_3wtDc

Mouldsie
08-12-2017, 10:12 PM
I missed this memo where Eric Wood suddenly sucks

YardRat
08-12-2017, 10:32 PM
I wouldn't say he sucks but I've been critical of his play for a few seasons. I wouldn't be shopping him at this point, but if somebody called me I'd listen.

Mouldsie
08-12-2017, 10:34 PM
Wasn't he graded out as one of the best C in football in 2015?

YardRat
08-12-2017, 10:38 PM
It certainly is possible, but if it was somebody like PFF I really don't lend much credence to their opinions (or 'findings'). I think I'm pretty capable of passing judgement on my own from watching these guys every week.

stuckincincy
08-12-2017, 10:46 PM
Wasn't he graded out as one of the best C in football in 2015?

OL play is like an orchestra. Woods is the Conductor. That's the hallmark of the great ones at the position.

When the B'gals came into existence in 1968, coach and owner Paul Brown selected C Bob Johnson as his 1st-ever #1 pick. The C is your OL Field General.

Don't trade Wood.

ICRockets
08-12-2017, 10:57 PM
We COULD trade him, but we're not going to find a team willing to give up a draft pick in return for a player who is a near certainty to retire this season or next.

Mouldsie
08-12-2017, 11:02 PM
I say we trade all of our good vets to a contender like GB, Oak, etc to try and stop NE from just dismantling the league again.

SpikedLemonade
08-12-2017, 11:13 PM
I missed this memo where Eric Wood suddenly sucks

It wasn't in a memo and it wasn't suddenly.

Eric was always light in the butt and was able to anchor early in his career by technique.

Over the past couple of years he is not as strong relative to DTs as he once was.

So he gets pushed back now.

Some will say it is due to his injuries.

I don't see it that way.