Bad Timing (Someone got a Sammy jersey right before the trade)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mouldsie
    • Aug 2012

Bad Timing (Someone got a Sammy jersey right before the trade)

There’s nothing more frustrating as a sports fan than your favorite team trading away your team’s best player. Besides perhaps that happening less than 30 minutes after you just bought that player’s jersey. That was the reality of A Buffalo fan named Stephen, who got himself ready for the season by purchasing a Sammy Watkins […]

Reason #9 why I never buy jerseys
  • SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Re: Bad Timing (Someone got a Sammy jersey right before the trade)

LOL!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I don't know why anyone buys current player jerseys. I got burned on Bledsoe, Spikes (2x cuz I bought the throwback after he autographed my white jersey), McGahee and Evans before I finally decided to just stick with the classics.

I've got a Kelly jersey that's my typical game day attire and a Bruce Smith jersey that I need to replace cuz I've had it since '92 and the name is peeling off.

The only current jersey I'd consider is 95 K. Williams cuz he's been a workhorse for this team for so long that I wouldn't care if he left the team.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Cali512
        • Jan 2012

Spikes is a good jersey to have?
        Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
          Glad I have the autographed one but I'll never wear the other one. He had two dominant seasons for us but that's such a short period so I can't consider him a "classic" like Bruce, Kelly, Reed, Thomas, Biscuit, Talley, Tasker, Kemp, Joe D, Billy Shaw, Moulds, etc.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Cali512
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            Glad I have the autographed one but I'll never wear the other one. He had two dominant seasons for us but that's such a short period so I can't consider him a "classic" like Bruce, Kelly, Reed, Thomas, Biscuit, Talley, Tasker, Kemp, Joe D, Billy Shaw, Moulds, etc.
            If it weren't for the injuries, we would be talking about him like we do Ray Lewis. They both actually had similar personalities.
            Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• GregclubSTH
              • Jun 2017

Losman and Owens for me. I want to buy the Smith jersey off the NFL site but there isn't a B. before Smith so I'm torn on the issue.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Anybody who buys a jersey of a current player...especially the young guys on their first contract...is just begging to waste money. I'm with Op, stick with the classics or the exceptions like KW.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

BTW, it's kind of two-fold, you're not only not wasting money on a jersey, you're not putting additional money into the billionaire's pockets by getting starry-eyed over the latest and greatest merch bling.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

So that's why Joe Mama is so pissed about the trades!

Comment

• feldspar
                      • Mar 2007

I'd wear any jersey I had, no matter who the player.

But I only have one jersey, and I did not buy it. I just am really not the kind of guy to buy a jersey, I guess.

A friend gave me a Thurman Thomas jersey for my birthday. I wear it once and a while.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                        • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                        In my case it is.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                          I don't know why anyone buys current player jerseys. I got burned on Bledsoe, Spikes (2x cuz I bought the throwback after he autographed my white jersey), McGahee and Evans before I finally decided to just stick with the classics.

I've got a Kelly jersey that's my typical game day attire and a Bruce Smith jersey that I need to replace cuz I've had it since '92 and the name is peeling off.

The only current jersey I'd consider is 95 K. Williams cuz he's been a workhorse for this team for so long that I wouldn't care if he left the team.
                          I'd forget the K. and leave the Willams part without any numbers on it, it'll last a lifetime.

Comment

• HAMMER
                            I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                            • Jul 2003

Grown men/women should not being wearing jerseys. Looks ridiculous, especially on fatties.

Comment

• Gibby
                              • Jun 2006

Slap Reich on the nameplate and call it even

Comment

Working...
                              X