PDA

View Full Version : Bad Timing (Someone got a Sammy jersey right before the trade)

Mouldsie
08-12-2017, 11:14 PM
http://dailysnark.com/bills-fan-gets-new-sammy-watkins-jersey-mail-28-min-gets-traded/

Reason #9 why I never buy jerseys

SpikedLemonade
08-12-2017, 11:15 PM
LOL!!!

OpIv37
08-12-2017, 11:38 PM
I don't know why anyone buys current player jerseys. I got burned on Bledsoe, Spikes (2x cuz I bought the throwback after he autographed my white jersey), McGahee and Evans before I finally decided to just stick with the classics.

I've got a Kelly jersey that's my typical game day attire and a Bruce Smith jersey that I need to replace cuz I've had it since '92 and the name is peeling off.

The only current jersey I'd consider is 95 K. Williams cuz he's been a workhorse for this team for so long that I wouldn't care if he left the team.

Cali512
08-13-2017, 12:16 AM
Spikes is a good jersey to have?

OpIv37
08-13-2017, 12:22 AM

Glad I have the autographed one but I'll never wear the other one. He had two dominant seasons for us but that's such a short period so I can't consider him a "classic" like Bruce, Kelly, Reed, Thomas, Biscuit, Talley, Tasker, Kemp, Joe D, Billy Shaw, Moulds, etc.

Cali512
08-13-2017, 12:35 AM
Glad I have the autographed one but I'll never wear the other one. He had two dominant seasons for us but that's such a short period so I can't consider him a "classic" like Bruce, Kelly, Reed, Thomas, Biscuit, Talley, Tasker, Kemp, Joe D, Billy Shaw, Moulds, etc.

If it weren't for the injuries, we would be talking about him like we do Ray Lewis. They both actually had similar personalities.

GregclubSTH
08-13-2017, 12:55 AM
Losman and Owens for me. I want to buy the Smith jersey off the NFL site but there isn't a B. before Smith so I'm torn on the issue.

YardRat
08-13-2017, 06:05 AM
Anybody who buys a jersey of a current player...especially the young guys on their first contract...is just begging to waste money. I'm with Op, stick with the classics or the exceptions like KW.

YardRat
08-13-2017, 06:07 AM
BTW, it's kind of two-fold, you're not only not wasting money on a jersey, you're not putting additional money into the billionaire's pockets by getting starry-eyed over the latest and greatest merch bling.

Novacane
08-13-2017, 06:17 AM
So that's why Joe Mama is so pissed about the trades!

feldspar
08-13-2017, 07:48 AM
I'd wear any jersey I had, no matter who the player.

But I only have one jersey, and I did not buy it. I just am really not the kind of guy to buy a jersey, I guess.

A friend gave me a Thurman Thomas jersey for my birthday. I wear it once and a while.

SpikedLemonade
08-13-2017, 08:03 AM
In my case it is.

Skooby
08-13-2017, 08:17 AM
I don't know why anyone buys current player jerseys. I got burned on Bledsoe, Spikes (2x cuz I bought the throwback after he autographed my white jersey), McGahee and Evans before I finally decided to just stick with the classics.

I've got a Kelly jersey that's my typical game day attire and a Bruce Smith jersey that I need to replace cuz I've had it since '92 and the name is peeling off.

The only current jersey I'd consider is 95 K. Williams cuz he's been a workhorse for this team for so long that I wouldn't care if he left the team.

I'd forget the K. and leave the Willams part without any numbers on it, it'll last a lifetime.

HAMMER
08-13-2017, 04:46 PM
Grown men/women should not being wearing jerseys. Looks ridiculous, especially on fatties.

Generalissimus Gibby
08-13-2017, 06:17 PM
Slap Reich on the nameplate and call it even

Novacane
08-13-2017, 07:34 PM
Duct tape and a black marker!