• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Alternative if no QB worthy... Stafford or Bridgewater in 2018

Would you prefer drafting the 2nd or 3rd best qb in draft or going this other route. Stafford had a solid year and Teddy if healthy would be another option. Teddy took Vikes to playoffs for the first time in awhile in 2015. Not sure how much of an upgrade he is to Tyrod if any. Stafford is definitely a legit franchise QB.
  • SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Re: Alternative if no QB worthy... Stafford or Bridgewater in 2018

I prefer to take the 1st QB off the board and if there are two blue chip QBs coming out then I am also OK with getting the 2nd QB off the board.

Stafford and Bridgewater will NEVER win a Super Bowl.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
      We play to win the game!
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
      I prefer to take the 1st QB off the board and if there are two blue chip QBs coming out then I am also OK with getting the 2nd QB off the board.

Stafford and Bridgewater will NEVER win a Super Bowl.
      Just don't see how we jump the Jets.

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

I would be shocked if Stafford went anywhere but Detroit.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

They will not wish to give older guys a boatload of $ when they can draft a top guy and pay him his rookie contract.

And there are more than 2 blue chip QB's. I just saw a mock draft that had 6 going in the top 20.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
            • Jun 2024

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83 View Post
            Just don't see how we jump the Jets.
            Simple ==> We lose both games to them this year.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I'll take my chances with Tyrod or Peterman plus whatever we get in the draft and another FA.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

There legitimately could be 4 QBs who go in the top 10 and a 5th who could be just outside of it.

Allen, Darnold, Lamar Jackson, Josh Rosen and Jarrett Stidham. Just in alpha order, not draft order.

This doesn't even include Luke Falk, Chase Litton or Nick Fitzgerald who could shoot up draft boards with big years and good combines.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                  They will not wish to give older guys a boatload of $ when they can draft a top guy and pay him his rookie contract.
                  And there are more than 2 blue chip QB's. I just saw a mock draft that had 6 going in the top 20.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                  There legitimately could be 4 QBs who go in the top 10 and a 5th who could be just outside of it.
                  Allen, Darnold, Lamar Jackson, Josh Rosen and Jarrett Stidham. Just in alpha order, not draft order.
                  This doesn't even include Luke Falk, Chase Litton or Nick Fitzgerald who could shoot up draft boards with big years and good combines.
                  I'd be willing to bet by the time the draft actually comes around there won't be three.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• WagonCircler
                    Escaped Convict
                    • Jul 2002

Bridgewater will never play again.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      I'd be willing to bet by the time the draft actually comes around there won't be three.
                      I dunno about that to be honest, there's gonna be enough bad teams near the top that will need a QB.

Jets, Browns, Bills, 49ers, Jags will all be pretty bad and all still need a QB.

Then you have some other teams who could do poorly this year and their QBs are long in the tooth. The Giants and Chargers are two that jump out. And then there's always the aforementioned Matthew Stafford. If the Lions go out and play like absolute trash, maybe they also enter the QB market via the draft instead of extending him.

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                        Agreed. Said before this would be a good year to tank with next draft looking to be strong with QB's. I'm not sold on Lamar Jackson going that high, but the others you mentioned are certainly legit prospects.
                        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Scumbag College
                          • Oct 2002

At this time last year, Trubinsky and Mahomes weren't on anyone's radar to go in the Top 10 of the 2017 Draft. I'm not sold on either the Bills (obviously) or Chiefs being playoff teams so we might have two picks in the Top 20, giving Beane the firepower to move up and get their guy or wait for a QB to fall to them. Also, there are so many good Junior QBs out there that they might want to come out and get their payday early, making the Bills in prime position to get their guy next year.
                          Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

Way too early to tell who's going to show up this college season. Also way too early to tell if Tyrod will figure it out or if Peterman is the real deal.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                              Dances With Buffaloes
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                              Bridgewater will never play again.
                              pretty much, looking more and more like that was a career ender. and stafford isn't going anywhere.
                              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X