X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swiper
    • Sep 2010

Peterman moves up to #2 QB on the depth chart today

Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Peterman moves up to #2 QB on the depth chart today

20 people here could do better than Yates.

I like Peterman and glad he'll get more snaps in pre-season. Bills need to ID another QB vet after final cuts and get rid of Yates.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

Excellent!!!

I know it is such a longshot but I would love to see Peterman being the starting QB on Opening Day.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Nice to see him making some progress.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
          Excellent!!!

I know it is such a longshot but I would love to see Peterman being the starting QB on Opening Day.
          Heading the right way.

Comment

• feldspar
            • Mar 2007

I think Peterman picked the right number for his jersey...

Comment

• Gibby
              Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
              I think Peterman picked the right number for his jersey...

Because he is clutch like Steve Christie, or because he's poo?

Comment

• feldspar
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Gibby View Post
                Because he is clutch like Steve Christie, or because he's poo?
                #2 quarterback.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                  • Jun 2024

Look I am not going to suck the coq of any rookie QB who comes suddenly along however I just want to NOT once again go into the next season uncertain of whether or NOT we already have a NFL Starting QB on the roster.

I know TT is NOT the answer.

That other dude is a piece of crap.

Let's start Peterman and if he fails, we are 3-13 and draft our Franchise QB in 2018 very highly.

If Peterman succeeds, we don't need to draft a QB highly in 2018 and with all those draft picks, we rule the draft (Patriots style) and build a great team long-term.

WIN - WIN

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Look I am not going to suck the coq of any rookie QB who comes suddenly along however I just want to NOT once again go into the next season uncertain of whether or NOT we already have a NFL Starting QB on the roster.

Let's start Peterman and if he fails, we are 3-13 and draft our Franchise QB in 2018 very highly.

If Peterman succeeds, we don't need to draft a QB highly in 2018 and with all those draft picks, we rule the draft (Patriots style) and build a great team long-term.

WIN - WIN
                    If Peterman starts, we will win. The dude is the real deal and needs time with the firsts, so let's hope he gets his time in.

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

Peterman is not going to start until the Bills are out of the playoffs. They have too much invested in Tyrod in terms of salary and practice time.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                        If Peterman starts, we will win. The dude is the real deal and needs time with the firsts, so let's hope he gets his time in.
                        I'm not ready to buy the optimism.

He was doing mop-up duty in the 1st PS game against wanna-be's.

I didn't like his scooting - 4 runs. Why? You are there to be evaluated, to scramble behind the LOS, to pass, or get tackled.

He reverted to his collegiate MO, trying to make plays with his legs.

I like the kid, but the coaches have to tell him to stay put, if not, you don't learn about ducking pressure, spotting seams, line play, receivers coming back to help, etc.

Don't get me wrong - I like him.
                        Last edited by stuckincincy; 08-13-2017, 09:58 PM.
                        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                          I'm not ready to buy the optimism.
                          He was doing mop-up duty in the 1st PS game against wanna-be's.

I didn't like his scooting - 4 runs. Why? You are there to be evaluated, to scramble behind the LOS, to pass, or get tackled.

He reverted to his collegiate MO, trying to make plays with his legs.

I like the kid, but the coaches have to tell him to stay put, if not, you don't learn about ducking pressure, spotting seams, line play, receivers coming back to help, etc.

Don't get me wrong - I like him.
                          The runs were fine unless you think that he left the pocket too early. With the blitzes the Vikings were throwing at him, I wouldn't say he did.

Comment

• kishoph
                            • Jun 2003

WIN - WIN
                            I think starting him too early could hamper him more than letting him sit until they are ready to invest in him 100%. A rookie starting with the previous starter waiting to get back in could leave him afraid to make a mistake and have him play tentative. If the decision is final on Taylor not being the answer, then let Peterman take over.

JP Losman had his shortcomings, but I think the way they handled him (2005) with the threat of Kelly Holcomb coming in at any time messed him up. The next year when Jauron took over for Malarkey, Losman played a full season and didn't do that bad. I think a QB (especially a young one) needs to know the job is his, even if he makes a few mistakes and he isn't going to be yanked at the drop of a hat.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                              The runs were fine unless you think that he left the pocket too early. With the blitzes the Vikings were throwing at him, I wouldn't say he did.
                              Fair enough.

But what we are seeing these days, is the effect of the CBA. The training camp is so weak, the reps are so few,time to instruct is so limited.

We now have opposing players tossed against each other to try to gain the pro game skills.

IMO, in a way, today's pre-season games are what used to be called training camp.

It's sad that only Mike Brown and Ralph Wilson voted against that CBA. Both knew da*n well that the NFLPA wanted to change from a union receptive of new membership, to a guild bent on restricting same, to insure the "haves" cashed in big time.
                              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
                              X