PDA

View Full Version : Can Tyrod show some leadership skills vs. the Eagles ?

endzone
08-14-2017, 07:57 PM
He's the anointed starting QB for this team. With so many new players all through the roster SOMEONE has to show leadership. I haven't seen Taylor take command! I get the feeling he's just a player and not taking charge. Not demanding excellence. OK with 3 and outs. Can he lead??

SpikedLemonade
08-14-2017, 07:59 PM
NO

YardRat
08-15-2017, 06:04 AM
If you're looking for holler-and-get-in-your-face leadership than I would say 'no', that's not who he is.

SpikedLemonade
08-15-2017, 07:17 AM
These midgets have more leadership skills than Tyrod....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNpfxbmAEJY

kingJofNYC
08-15-2017, 07:59 AM
It's a freaking preseason game, you expect these guys to get hyped?

BLUTO
08-15-2017, 07:33 PM
Tyrod is along for the ride in the NFL. Making good money and will settle into a back-up role on another team!

Joe Fo Sho
08-15-2017, 07:45 PM
If Tyrod doesn't show any leadership skills after being mentored by TJ Yates for all these months, there's just no hope for him.

kishoph
08-16-2017, 04:26 AM
I don't think Taylor's "leadership skills" have ever really been a question, it's the throwing the ball part of the game that's not very good.

SpikedLemonade
08-16-2017, 06:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnzYG0ZkrXg

Skooby
08-16-2017, 08:12 AM
I don't think Taylor's "leadership skills" have ever really been a question, it's the throwing the ball part of the game that's not very good.
That's why he shouldn't bother starting, simply a waste of time.

SpikedLemonade
08-16-2017, 08:19 AM

Right again Mitchthe*****​TM

kishoph
08-16-2017, 08:57 AM

At this time I think it's too early to put Peterman in, let him get a little time under his belt. I don't think it would make a big difference in wins and losses, but I do believe that throwing a young QB in too soon could have more of an negative impact on him than a positive one.

WagonCircler
08-16-2017, 09:55 AM
If Tyrod doesn't show any leadership skills after being mentored by TJ Yates for all these months, there's just no hope for him.

See what I mean? You're acting like a jilted little *****.

Joe Fo Sho
08-16-2017, 10:31 AM

Get a sense of humor, guy.

SpikedLemonade
08-16-2017, 10:36 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPcyTyilmYY

Night Train
08-17-2017, 07:34 AM
If he starts hitting the slot receiver and TE's, he'll show me leadership.

SpikedLemonade
08-17-2017, 07:35 AM
If he starts hitting the slot receiver and TE's, he'll show me leadership.

Well, there goes that.

Oaf
08-17-2017, 02:22 PM
At this time I think it's too early to put Peterman in, let him get a little time under his belt. I don't think it would make a big difference in wins and losses, but I do believe that throwing a young QB in too soon could have more of an negative impact on him than a positive one.
Guy goes 13-25 in a preseason 1 game and people want to make him starter. What a sad state we're gotten to.

djjimkelly
08-17-2017, 04:54 PM
Guy goes 13-25 in a preseason 1 game and people want to make him starter. What a sad state we're gotten to.

maybe he just doesnt care to see tyrod any longer.

this is the least excited ive been for a season in my entire life.

and the number 1 reason is tyrod. i see ZERO upside to him starting even 1 game this year

unless tyrod goes 10+ wins this season HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry i had to do that. every start he makes is a waste of time because he will never e the long term solution we need.

what i think is sad they have been systematically removing all whaley and rex ryan guys. tyrod is the one that needs to not be here the most

Mr. Pink
08-17-2017, 06:00 PM
maybe he just doesnt care to see tyrod any longer.

this is the least excited ive been for a season in my entire life.

and the number 1 reason is tyrod. i see ZERO upside to him starting even 1 game this year

unless tyrod goes 10+ wins this season HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry i had to do that. every start he makes is a waste of time because he will never e the long term solution we need.

what i think is sad they have been systematically removing all whaley and rex ryan guys. tyrod is the one that needs to not be here the most

Yep, I won't watch any game this year that he starts. It's a pointless endeavor in what amounts to a lame duck season.

Sometimes, you just reach your breaking point.

SpikedLemonade
08-17-2017, 06:37 PM
TT is looking like crap.

djjimkelly
08-17-2017, 07:46 PM
TT is looking like crap.

you are what you eat!

endzone
08-17-2017, 09:43 PM
I thought he's show something - anything - and now he's looking like a losing QB! All he can do is scramble for yards and that doesn't win games. What a mess!

Turf
08-17-2017, 10:27 PM
Can we cut him without a cap hit?

Historian
08-18-2017, 04:36 AM
I've said all along, that I felt Taylor's problems were correctable.

I felt that if the new staff worked with him on his mechanics, he could possible begin to hit the short stuff.

That hasn't happened.

He overthrew all of his crossing routes last night.

He threw screens behind the backs.

It's time to move on.

SpikedLemonade
08-18-2017, 04:57 AM

I felt that if the new staff worked with him on his mechanics, he could possible begin to hit the short stuff.

That hasn't happened.

It's time to move on.

Yup...Bye Bye TT!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msAcTMKMSKA

Skooby
08-18-2017, 06:08 AM

That hasn't happened.

It's time to move on.
We have basically all 1:00 PM games because we are unwatchable now, so I can't see why we would start TT.

kishoph
08-18-2017, 06:16 AM
IMO Taylor's strengths are improvising, mostly scrambling and heaving the ball far down field. This is exciting to watch sometimes, but the problem is, you can't set your offensive game plan to your QB improvising. Taylor can not run a structured offense and without a structured offense the streak will continue. There's not a doubt in my mind that this is something that coaches have tried to address since Taylor's rookie season. So anyone thinking that it's suddenly gonna click for Taylor is fooling themselves.
With the offensive line struggling I think it would be a risk to put such a young/raw QB in there anytime before midseason.

WTF is Seantrel Henderson getting all the 1st team reps in games and practices for ? Does anyone on the staff realize that he is suspended for the first 4 games ? I have to give this new regime the benefit of a doubt, but there have been a couple of things that have curbed my enthusiasm just a little bit. I'll chalk it up to inexperience for now and hope things will improve with time.

YardRat
08-18-2017, 06:57 AM
I think they are playing Henderson because they have to in order to give them some kind of representation of what the offense could look like when they are playing for real.

JoeMama
08-18-2017, 07:03 AM
TT isn't the guy.

But let's not pretend this is an offense designed for QBs to the thrive.

I think a lot of successful QBs would crash and burn in this offense. No pass protection. No WRs.

My only hope this season is that we finish worse than the Jets, Niners, and Jags.