PDA

View Full Version : Why is Yates still here ??

Skooby
08-15-2017, 03:06 AM
He won't be backing up anyone, nor will he be able to start so is it a clipboard moment ?? Anyone wondering why we aren't considering other options ?? We had the first black GM & have a female coach, so why not kick the tires on Colin K ?? He could at least be a viable back-up if needed, Yates is worthless.

ICRockets
08-15-2017, 05:37 AM
Yeah, I just see no value in keeping a veteran presence around. I'd much prefer that Tyrod shoulder the double burden of painstakingly preparing for every game as starter AND being the mentor guiding Peterman through uncharted waters in his transition to the NFL.

Forward_Lateral
08-15-2017, 05:45 AM
I'm sure they are looking for other options, but no reason to get rid of him at this point. You still need at least 3 QBs for preseason games. I'd be willing to bet that barring an injury, he wont' be on the roster week 1. Get some other young kid to hold a clip board and double your chances of developing someone.

Let's face it, if Tyrod goes down, The Bills stand nothing to gain by playing Yates.

YardRat
08-15-2017, 05:57 AM
I think he could help develop Pete for a season. That has value. Would rather have a third QB like that around on a daily basis than a sixth safety or lber that is going to be inactive every week anyway.

feldspar
08-15-2017, 06:02 AM
#3 QBs usually aren't very good. Nobody ever really wants to play them....in fact, some teams don't even have a 3rd QB on their roster.

I like peterman as #2.

Yates isn't making all that much money at all. No harm keeping him if we run out of options.

Historian
08-15-2017, 06:29 AM
I think he could help develop Pete for a season. .

If that's the case then Peterman is doomed.

Yates was just ghastly the other night.

Reminded me of Todd Collins without the arm.

Ginger Vitis
08-15-2017, 06:38 AM
We had the first black GM

Umm ever heard of Ozzie Newsome? Doug Whaley was not the 1st black GM in NFL history

ICRockets
08-15-2017, 06:40 AM

Those who can't do...

feldspar
08-15-2017, 06:46 AM
Umm ever heard of Ozzie Newsome? Doug Whaley was not the 1st black GM in NFL history

Yeah, the Bills didn't have the first black GM.

Whaley was the 7th African-American GM in NFL history.

Ginger Vitis
08-15-2017, 06:48 AM
Yeah, the Bills didn't have the first black GM.

Whaley was the 7th African-American GM in NFL history.
7th well Skooby was close LMAO

Ginger Vitis
08-15-2017, 07:03 AM
& have a female coach,

Kathryn Smith is no longer a coach with The Bills

ICRockets
08-15-2017, 07:05 AM
Well, I think it's safe to say Skooby's source doesn't work in the Archives.

Skooby
08-15-2017, 07:35 AM

I meant first female coach & I wrote this at like 3:30 AM, so give me a break. We break new ground was my point but instead of discussing the main point, you'll try to find other flaws (WTG).

Yates shouldn't be teaching anyone / anything on this team, waste of time and space. Colin would be a better backup because at least he had some success, Yates is worthless.

SpikedLemonade
08-15-2017, 07:50 AM

What happened?

kishoph
08-15-2017, 08:13 AM
I meant first female coach & I wrote this at like 3:30 AM, so give me a break. We break new ground was my point but instead of discussing the main point, you'll try to find other flaws (WTG).

Yates shouldn't be teaching anyone / anything on this team, waste of time and space. Colin would be a better backup because at least he had some success, Yates is worthless.

Jen Welter with the Cardinals was the 1st female coach in the NFL, not the Bills Kathryn Smith.

As far as keep Yates, Peterman talked about how helpful Yates has been for him. So if Yates is helping the kid and they have a good relationship, keep him on.

kishoph
08-15-2017, 08:20 AM

What happened?

Had to leave to cook dinner. :brace:

Just kidding, I think that a female could make a good coach, women seem to pay a little more attention to detail IMO.

SpikedLemonade
08-15-2017, 08:32 AM
Had to leave to cook dinner. :brace:

Just kidding, I think that a female could make a good coach, women seem to pay a little more attention to detail IMO.

I agree!!

This is my tennis coach....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzOjCrLbbJA

Arm of Harm
08-15-2017, 08:44 AM
Yates' career stats (http://www.nfl.com/player/t.j.yates/2508123/profile) don't look terrible. His career yards per pass attempt is 6.8: better than Edwards (6.5) or Losman (6.6). However, his QB rating is only 72.8, compared to a QB rating of about 75 for both Edwards and Losman.

Has Yates played as well in preseason as his career numbers would lead us to expect? No, he hasn't. Maybe that's because he's still learning the offense, still developing chemistry with his WRs. On the other hand, it could also be that he just isn't as good as his career numbers would lead us to expect.

I'm guessing that the Bills will draft a QB in next year's draft. So that means that we'll be losing one of our current QBs. Will the odd man out be Tyrod, due to his contract? Or will it be Yates, due to his level of play (or lack thereof)? I guess they'll figure this out next year. In the meantime, this team has worse problems than its third string QB.

Generalissimus Gibby
08-15-2017, 09:11 AM
He won't be backing up anyone, nor will he be able to start so is it a clipboard moment ?? Anyone wondering why we aren't considering other options ?? We had the first black GM & have a female coach, so why not kick the tires on Colin K ?? He could at least be a viable back-up if needed, Yates is worthless.

Just what this team needs, a colossal locker room cancer. Not saying I disagree with Kaepernick's views on police brutality and that this country has a very bad history of racism but damn he has made this -along with the help of the national media - all about him. We don't need the media circus and we don't need the divided locker room

ICRockets
08-15-2017, 09:18 AM
Just what this team needs, a colossal locker room cancer. Not saying I disagree with Kaepernick's views on police brutality and that this country has a very bad history of racism but damn he has made this -along with the help of the national media - all about him. We don't need the media circus and we don't need the divided locker room

Oh go **** yourself. Kaep has done absolutely jack **** wrong.

SpikedLemonade
08-15-2017, 09:21 AM

Well.....he was born Black....just sayin'.

streetkings01
08-15-2017, 09:39 AM
I'd keep Yates on the roster. I keep having flashbacks of Tuel when thinking about a late round rookie QB starting.

feldspar
08-15-2017, 09:52 AM

If the Bills are breaking new ground, maybe they should stop that. 17 years of futility with no playoffs...real trailblazers...

What's your excuse for thinking Whaley was the first black GM? Tylenol PM kicking in?

Historian
08-15-2017, 10:13 AM
What happened?

Shipped out with the rest of the old regime, that's all.

Skooby
08-15-2017, 10:45 AM
Colin disrespected the anthem but in the grand scheme, you're right. I think Colin is the best backup on the market, bar none.

Skooby
08-15-2017, 10:46 AM
If the Bills are breaking new ground, maybe they should stop that. 17 years of futility with no playoffs...real trailblazers...

What's your excuse for thinking Whaley was the first black GM? Tylenol PM kicking in?

Haha, ironically.....

The Toe Show
08-15-2017, 10:53 AM
We should sign Kaep. He fits with our run-first offense.

For the NFL, what better way to keep Kaep quiet, then keeping him in Orchard Park. No one remembers TO in Buffalo.

But pretty sure there is a thick character filter installed by Beane and McDermott. It's going to be a dull era. Trust the process ;)

WagonCircler
08-15-2017, 03:03 PM

Just because he can't execute doesn't mean he can't grasp the Offense and help a rookie to understand it, or help him to learn to read Defenses or any number of things.

By all accounts, Yates is a smart QB. He just doesn't have the tools. But he has very relevant experience in this specific Offense, and there's value in that, if he can help develop Peterman and Tyrod.

And BTW, I knew Todd Collins. Nice kid. Dumb as a stump.

Joe Fo Sho
08-15-2017, 03:28 PM
Just because he can't execute doesn't mean he can't grasp the Offense and help a rookie to understand it, or help him to learn to read Defenses or any number of things.

By all accounts, Yates is a smart QB. He just doesn't have the tools. But he has very relevant experience in this specific Offense, and there's value in that, if he can help develop Peterman and Tyrod.

Is that not what coaches are for? Do we have any of those?? Are they that bad that we can't develop a young quarterback without TJ friggin' Yates on this team???

SpikedLemonade
08-15-2017, 04:22 PM
Well....we are all obviously avoiding the gorilla in the room so I have to be the bad guy to mouth the words....

Obviously, Yates is only still here because he is Whaley's replacement in the Pegula bedroom.

There....I said it.

ICRockets
08-15-2017, 04:35 PM
Is that not what coaches are for? Do we have any of those?? Are they that bad that we can't develop a young quarterback without TJ friggin' Yates on this team???

I knew you weren't particularly bright, but this is willful ignorance of incomprehensible measure. Just because there are other people in the organization whose job it is to help Peterman doesn't mean you deliberately tune out additional voices of experience if they're available.

- - - Updated - - -

Well....we are all obviously avoiding the gorilla in the room so I have to be the bad guy to mouth the words....

Obviously, Yates is only still here because he is Whaley's replacement in the Pegula bedroom.

There....I said it.
Interesting. The theory my friends and I operated under last year was that Dan Carpenter was cucking Terry.

SpikedLemonade
08-15-2017, 04:39 PM
Interesting. The theory my friends and I operated under last year was that Dan Carpenter was cucking Terry.

He was.

Your friends were correct.

You have smart friends.

You should learn from them.

ICRockets
08-15-2017, 04:41 PM
He was.

Your friends were correct.

You have smart friends.

You should learn from them.
They are, and I do. But don't ask me what specifically I've learned from them, because I'm just so angry they're smarter than me.

Joe Fo Sho
08-15-2017, 04:48 PM
I knew you weren't particularly bright, but this is willful ignorance of incomprehensible measure. Just because there are other people in the organization whose job it is to help Peterman doesn't mean you deliberately tune out additional voices of experience if they're available.

What kind of moron do you have to be to think that TJ Yates is the only answer when it comes to mentoring young QBs?

Skooby
08-15-2017, 04:52 PM
What kind of moron do you have to be to think that TJ Yates is the only answer when it comes to mentoring young QBs?
Exactly, TJ is a waste of space. Did some of you watch the game ?? TJ was terrible.

ICRockets
08-15-2017, 05:07 PM

You'd have to be a pretty huge idiot to think he's the only answer. Fortunately, nobody has made such a suggestion. I wonder how big of an idiot you have to be to believe someone has?

Joe Fo Sho
08-15-2017, 05:20 PM
You'd have to be a pretty huge idiot to think he's the only answer. Fortunately, nobody has made such a suggestion. I wonder how big of an idiot you have to be to believe someone has?

You said I 'wasn't that bright' and being 'willfully ignorant' when I asked if our coaches are 'that bad that we can't develop a young quarterback without TJ friggin' Yates on this team.' Maybe go back and read back through it, you miserable idiot.

WagonCircler
08-15-2017, 11:06 PM
Is that not what coaches are for? Do we have any of those??

Totally different type of experience.

Yates understands the Offense and all of its moving parts, and the mechanics of the plays, in real time. With the coaches, it's just theoretical. They understand the plays as they are drawn up, and they know how they are supposed to work, but they don't experience the reaction time or lack thereof on a given play, or the specific throwing mechanics needed in a given situation.

I don't know what your hard-on is for Yates, but he's being paid peanuts and the pickings are slim out there for experienced QBs. He's a temp. Relax for God's sake.

ICRockets
08-16-2017, 04:10 AM
You said I 'wasn't that bright' and being 'willfully ignorant' when I asked if our coaches are 'that bad that we can't develop a young quarterback without TJ friggin' Yates on this team.' Maybe go back and read back through it, you miserable idiot.

I'm well aware of what you said. For some reason, you seem to think I said that TJ Yates is our ONLY resource for mentoring a young QB.

Skooby
08-16-2017, 06:39 AM
I'm well aware of what you said. For some reason, you seem to think I said that TJ Yates is our ONLY resource for mentoring a young QB.

Being a loser and a guy that can't play well doesn't make TJ a good mentor. Charles Manson could of been a good mentor but he was a truly terrible person, so you know how that turned out.

SpikedLemonade
08-16-2017, 06:48 AM
Being a loser and a guy that can't play well doesn't make TJ a good mentor. Charles Manson could of been a good mentor but he was a truly terrible person, so you know how that turned out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLWSQRNnGY8

ICRockets
08-16-2017, 06:51 AM
Charles Manson could of been a good mentor but he was a truly terrible person, so you know how that turned out.

And Amelia Earhart could have been a wonderful gardener if it weren't for that nasty pollen allergy. What the **** is this supposed to mean?

Ginger Vitis
08-16-2017, 07:32 AM
Being a loser

First I will say that TJ Yates does not have a huge sample size as a starter in the NFL but having said that... TJ Yates has won more games than lost as a starter so your statement that he is a loser is statistically wrong

BertSquirtgum
08-16-2017, 07:48 AM
Well, he has sucked at playing football. That's something wrong.

ICRockets
08-16-2017, 08:05 AM
Well, he has sucked at playing football. That's something wrong.

You have an incredibly ****ed up moral code if you believe that qualifies.

Joe Fo Sho
08-16-2017, 09:12 AM
Totally different type of experience.

Yates understands the Offense and all of its moving parts, and the mechanics of the plays, in real time. With the coaches, it's just theoretical. They understand the plays as they are drawn up, and they know how they are supposed to work, but they don't experience the reaction time or lack thereof on a given play, or the specific throwing mechanics needed in a given situation.

I don't know what your hard-on is for Yates, but he's being paid peanuts and the pickings are slim out there for experienced QBs. He's a temp. Relax for God's sake.

If Yates has an understanding of our offense, he sure didn't show it last week.

I don't have a hard on for Yates, the people who get upset about suggesting we release a guy who is currently 3rd on our depth seem to. I don't care about Yates. Keep him...cut him...it doesn't matter is what I'm trying to say. He's not the key to the development of our young quarterbacks.

Joe Fo Sho
08-16-2017, 09:15 AM

Because that's how you answered my question when I asked about needing TJ Yates to develop our young quarterbacks.

Bill Cody
08-16-2017, 09:30 AM
If Yates has an understanding of our offense, he sure didn't show it last week.

I don't have a hard on for Yates, the people who get upset about suggesting we release a guy who is currently 3rd on our depth seem to. I don't care about Yates. Keep him...cut him...it doesn't matter is what I'm trying to say. He's not the key to the development of our young quarterbacks.

I pretty much agree with all of this.

The whole "mentoring" thing by other QB's is a fiction. In NE backups learn from Tom Brady by watching him play, watching him prepare, and because he's really good at his job, not because Brady is giving them tips on the side. Brady is the kind of hyper competitive guy that hopes Jimmy G never gets anywhere close to his level and he's sure not whispering sweet nothings to him on the sidelines. I'm not sure Yates is even giving Peterman much of a bar to try to rise above, Yates is a borderline NFL player.

The fact is Yates has his hands full trying to make and stay on the roster, the only thing he wants to tell Peterman is how many sugars to add to his coffee, not how to help him lose his own paycheck. I think the decision will be more about Peterman's development than anything Yates does. If the staff thinks Peterman is ready to play real games if needed at a satisfactory level they'll cut Yates. If they don't they'll keep Yates. Yates is a known commodity. And if you did cut him you could bring him back in an emergency off the street because he'll be unemployed and he'll be about as mediocre as he always was.

WagonCircler
08-16-2017, 09:54 AM
I don't care about Yates. Keep him...cut him...it doesn't matter is what I'm trying to say..

Your little hissy fit would indicate otherwise.

ICRockets
08-16-2017, 10:04 AM
Because that's how you answered my question when I asked about needing TJ Yates to develop our young quarterbacks.

No it isn't. Learn how to read and try again.

ICRockets
08-16-2017, 10:06 AM
Just because there are other people in the organization whose job it is to help Peterman doesn't mean you deliberately tune out additional voices of experience if they're available.

Where does any of this suggest that I believe ONLY TJ Yates can develop Peterman?

Do you understand why I think you're a moronic waste of bandwidth now?

Joe Fo Sho
08-16-2017, 10:28 AM
Where does any of this suggest that I believe ONLY TJ Yates can develop Peterman?

Well you certainly got your fedora in a bunch when I said this:

Are they (our coaches) that bad that we can't develop a young quarterback without TJ friggin' Yates on this team???

That's alright, I'm sure you have like a dozen other fedoras that you haven't ruined yet.

Joe Fo Sho
08-16-2017, 10:29 AM
Your little hissy fit would indicate otherwise.

Sarcasm/over exaggeration is lost on people who take their internet lives too seriously.

SpikedLemonade
08-16-2017, 10:37 AM
Sarcasm/over exaggeration is lost on people who take their internet lives too seriously.

OR they are...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

ICRockets
08-16-2017, 12:23 PM
Well you certainly got your fedora in a bunch when I said this:

That's alright, I'm sure you have like a dozen other fedoras that you haven't ruined yet.
So is this your attempt to avoid admitting you were blatantly, stupendously wrong? Not gonna work. Man up, show some integrity, and acknowledge your error.

WagonCircler
08-16-2017, 12:26 PM
You have an incredibly ****ed up moral code if you believe that qualifies.

WHAT???????

In a conversation about why somebody can't get a job on a football team, you don't think that counts?????

My GOD you're an idiot.

Joe Fo Sho
08-16-2017, 12:29 PM
So is this your attempt to avoid admitting you were blatantly, stupendously wrong? Not gonna work. Man up, show some integrity, and acknowledge your error.

I didn't say anything like that. Learn how to read and try again. Do you understand why I think you're a moronic waste of bandwidth now?

JoeMama
08-16-2017, 12:47 PM
I've noticed anytime a thread gets co-opted to discuss Colin Kaepernick, it really brings out the best in people!

WagonCircler
08-16-2017, 02:25 PM
I've noticed anytime a thread gets co-opted to discuss Colin Kaepernick, it really brings out the best in people!

And that's a huge part of why he is unemployed. You sign him, you alienate the majority (and it absolutely is a majority) of you fans, and for what? A crappy QB? Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

kingJofNYC
08-16-2017, 02:49 PM
You know what's going to alienate the majority of fans, the ****ing product on the field. Nothing is going to send them away faster than the first month of the season.

ICRockets
08-16-2017, 05:20 PM
I didn't say anything like that. Learn how to read and try again. Do you understand why I think you're a moronic waste of bandwidth now?

Of course you didn't ADMIT that you were trying to avoid taking responsibility for your error, but the error remains. I responded to you by saying we should use EVERY resource at our disposal to help develop Peterman, including Yates, and your response was that I said we should use ONLY Yates to develop Peterman. I demonstrated how my post explicitly used words that were overtly deferential to the multitude as opposed to the singular, and you deflected instead of acknowledging that you were wrong. Go ahead and try it now. It's very easy. Just copy/paste this sentence:

"My bad, IC, I must have misread your post the first time. Sorry for the mix-up."

ICRockets
08-16-2017, 05:25 PM
WHAT???????

In a conversation about why somebody can't get a job on a football team, you don't think that counts?????

My GOD you're an idiot.
You know as well as I do that he's not unsigned because of his talent level, so in terms of him doing something "wrong" no his skill at quarterback does not count. He is being blacklisted for his politics, and in THAT regard he did nothing wrong. Of course in a normal scenario his ability to play the position would factor into whether or not he gets signed. Nobody disputes that. But all it is for Kaep is a convenient excuse. In this situation, where I am discussing Kaep's BEHAVIOR, his performance is not relevant.

Joe Fo Sho
08-16-2017, 06:00 PM
My bad, IC, I must have misread your post the first time. Sorry for the mix-up.

No problem, man.

ICRockets
08-16-2017, 06:15 PM
No problem, man.

See how easy that was? So now that you've admitted it, let's move past it to my ACTUAL post. Do you still object to my point now that you understand it? Yates has potential value off the field, so cutting him at this point would be cutting off our nose to spite our face.

Joe Fo Sho
08-16-2017, 09:03 PM
See how easy that was? So now that you've admitted it, let's move past it to my ACTUAL post. Do you still object to my point now that you understand it? Yates has potential value off the field, so cutting him at this point would be cutting off our nose to spite our face.

TJ Yates is on his 5th team in 5 years. That should tell you how much 4 NFL teams and I value his presence.

His experience, to me, is worth exactly as much as the 2 games that he's started in the last 5 years...not that much. I don't know why so many of you think his mentorship is so valuable. I could argue that when he opens his mouth, Peterman should take anything he says with a grain of salt.

I don't care about TJ Yates.

ICRockets
08-16-2017, 09:17 PM
TJ Yates is on his 5th team in 5 years. That should tell you how much 4 NFL teams and I value his presence.

His experience, to me, is worth exactly as much as the 2 games that he's started in the last 5 years...not that much. I don't know why so many of you think his mentorship is so valuable. I could argue that when he opens his mouth, Peterman should take anything he says with a grain of salt.

I don't care about TJ Yates.

Maybe it's just that I'm THAT much smarter than you, but I thought it was very obvious last week that his issue was timing, not aptitude. It was clear that he was throwing before the receivers expected the ball. For all we know, that's on them and not him. How do you know there isn't a valuable lesson in there for Peterman?

"Don't worry about your timing being off in the preseason. If you know you're doing what Coach says, if you know your timing is right, don't compensate for the receivers. They'll get their timing right or they'll be off the team. Do your job correctly, and the rest will come."

Joe Fo Sho
08-16-2017, 09:38 PM
Maybe it's just that I'm THAT much smarter than you

I don't know about that. I mean, you did seem to think that I actually apologized to you a couple of posts back. That's ok though, keep with the insults and pretending that you're the smartest guy in the room. Your internet morale will just grow and grow and grow.

How do you know there isn't a valuable lesson in there for Peterman?

"Don't worry about your timing being off in the preseason. If you know you're doing what Coach says, if you know your timing is right, don't compensate for the receivers. They'll get their timing right or they'll be off the team. Do your job correctly, and the rest will come."

Man, that's some good mentoring there. With Yates being able to tell Peterman to not worry about timing in the preseason and letting him know that receivers may or may not be cut if he doesn't get the timing right, Peterman will be a solid starter in this league for years to come.

I really wonder if anyone has ever told Peterman to 'do his job correctly' before. That's gold, bud.

ICRockets
08-16-2017, 09:41 PM
I don't know about that. I mean, you did seem to think that I actually apologized to you a couple of posts back.
I certainly hope that's what that post was, or you're dumber than I thought for keeping "I'm sorry, IC" as part of it.

And I promise, I think you're VERY stupid.

Joe Fo Sho
08-16-2017, 09:53 PM
I certainly hope that's what that post was, or you're dumber than I thought for keeping "I'm sorry, IC" as part of it.

And I promise, I think you're VERY stupid.

Oh man, and you even capitalized 'very.' That's way harsh, bro. Maybe I need a mentor like TJ Yates in my life to tell me something every single person on face of the earth already knows.

Maybe we can trade Yates because of all this perceived mentoring value. What do you think we could get for him? A couple of copies of Chicken Soup for the Soul?

ICRockets
08-16-2017, 09:53 PM
Man, that's some good mentoring there. With Yates being able to tell Peterman to not worry about timing in the preseason and letting him know that receivers may or may not be cut if he doesn't get the timing right, Peterman will be a solid starter in this league for years to come.

I really wonder if anyone has ever told Peterman to 'do his job correctly' before. That's gold, bud.

Among the reasons you are an unequivocal buffoon: your stunning inability to comprehend nuance. Say you're a rookie QB in the NFL. Say you're more talented than the receivers you're currently playing with. Say you're out of sync with them on various timing patterns. You might instinctively believe that you're doing the right thing by compensating for their timing by adjusting yours, even though your timing is where the coaches want it. Sometimes it takes a veteran who has seen the pitfalls of covering up for your teammates' bad habits to explain those pitfalls. There's so much attention to detail that goes into an NFL offensive scheme. The difference between success and failure is in those details. We're not talking "inches" like Al Pacino. We're talking infinitesimal subtleties in preparation. If Yates can help Tyrod or Peterman understand even one of those subtleties they'd gone heretofore unaware of, then he has value to the organization.

Now, can I say with any degree of certainty that he can? No, of course not. I don't possess the requisite insight. But you don't possess it, either, to say the opposite.

Feel free to pathetically misunderstand this post like all the others. I'll be here to tell you what an idiot you are after.

Skooby
08-17-2017, 12:26 AM
Among the reasons you are an unequivocal buffoon: your stunning inability to comprehend nuance. Say you're a rookie QB in the NFL. Say you're more talented than the receivers you're currently playing with. Say you're out of sync with them on various timing patterns. You might instinctively believe that you're doing the right thing by compensating for their timing by adjusting yours, even though your timing is where the coaches want it. Sometimes it takes a veteran who has seen the pitfalls of covering up for your teammates' bad habits to explain those pitfalls. There's so much attention to detail that goes into an NFL offensive scheme. The difference between success and failure is in those details. We're not talking "inches" like Al Pacino. We're talking infinitesimal subtleties in preparation. If Yates can help Tyrod or Peterman understand even one of those subtleties they'd gone heretofore unaware of, then he has value to the organization.

Now, can I say with any degree of certainty that he can? No, of course not. I don't possess the requisite insight. But you don't possess it, either, to say the opposite.

Feel free to pathetically misunderstand this post like all the others. I'll be here to tell you what an idiot you are after.

I kinda think you need some help professional help, no one is this interspective.

ICRockets
08-17-2017, 12:57 AM
I kinda think you need some help professional help, no one is this interspective.

I guarantee you Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are. Champions understand their craft to a degree you couldn't imagine.

WagonCircler
08-17-2017, 05:29 AM
You know as well as I do that he's not unsigned because of his talent level, so in terms of him doing something "wrong" no his skill at quarterback does not count..

This is what you idiot lefties do all the time. You declare things as fact which are usually the opposite of fact.

I do NOT know, nor do I believe that he is "not unsigned because of his talent level". In fact, I know the opposite to be the case.

Marshawn Lynch is every bit the azzhole that Kaepernick is, but Lynch has talent. So Lynch has a job.

Kaepernick falsely believes himself to be a starting level QB, which he is not. When you combine that with the fact that he's a piece of human filth who's not worth 1/100th of the trouble he brings, you get an unemployed crybaby.

He's a terrible QB and an even worse human being, but he would have a job if he could play. But he can't. He sucks elephant ****.

SpikedLemonade
08-17-2017, 05:40 AM
WHAT???????

My GOD you're an idiot.

This should be good.

ICRockets
08-17-2017, 05:47 AM
Kaepernick falsely believes himself to be a starting level QB, which he is not. When you combine that with the fact that he's a piece of human filth who's not worth 1/100th of the trouble he brings, you get an unemployed crybaby.

He's a terrible QB and an even worse human being, but he would have a job if he could play. But he can't. He sucks elephant ****.

:rofl: Well, I don't know how I could possibly disagree with somebody so rational.

SpikedLemonade
08-17-2017, 06:17 AM
This is what you idiot lefties do all the time. You declare things as fact which are usually the opposite of fact.

I do NOT know, nor do I believe that he is "not unsigned because of his talent level". In fact, I know the opposite to be the case.

Marshawn Lynch is every bit the azzhole that Kaepernick is, but Lynch has talent. So Lynch has a job.

AND there it is.

SpikedLemonade
08-17-2017, 06:33 AM
:rofl: Well, I don't know how I could possibly disagree with somebody so rational.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0trj6jCsm6E

Skooby
08-17-2017, 07:37 AM

It's liberal lunacy 101, one detail makes sense in a story and the whole thing is right.

Joe Fo Sho
08-17-2017, 07:51 AM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/915/142/8c3.jpg

Seriously though, every single example that you bring up would take a decent QB coach like 15 minutes to explain to Peterman. Yates is not indispensable, he's quite the opposite.

You didn't seem to have that high of an opinion of Yates when we signed him. You said we should be ashamed of ourselves for signing this guy instead of Kaepernick. But now we can't live without such a knowledgeable mentor. Were you an idiot then or are you an idiot now?

The NFL and its fans should all be ashamed that this guy has a job before Kaepernick.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/237312-Bills-Sign-Yates?highlight=yates

Skooby
08-17-2017, 08:28 AM

Seriously though, every single example that you bring up would take a decent QB coach like 15 minutes to explain to Peterman. Yates is not indispensable, he's quite the opposite.

You didn't seem to have that high of an opinion of Yates when we signed him. You said we should be ashamed of ourselves for signing this guy instead of Kaepernick. But now we can't live without such a knowledgeable mentor. Were you an idiot then or are you an idiot now?

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/237312-Bills-Sign-Yates?highlight=yates ongoing.

ICRockets
08-17-2017, 08:40 AM

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/237312-Bills-Sign-Yates?highlight=yates

You're legitimately incapable of arguing without strawmen, aren't you? I never said TJ Yates is the ONLY person who can develop Peterman. I never said he was indispensable. I never said we can't live without him. What I and others have said is that he possesses value and there's no reason to cut him loose when there's nobody on the market we could pick up instead (since it's well known that Kaep is blacklisted by the NFL). At this point, after one preseason game, there is not a single credible reason not to keep Yates on the roster.

Joe Fo Sho
08-17-2017, 08:59 AM
You're legitimately incapable of arguing without strawmen, aren't you? I never said TJ Yates is the ONLY person who can develop Peterman. I never said he was indispensable. I never said we can't live without him. What I and others have said is that he possesses value and there's no reason to cut him loose when there's nobody on the market we could pick up instead (since it's well known that Kaep is blacklisted by the NFL). At this point, after one preseason game, there is not a single credible reason not to keep Yates on the roster.

Reasons to Cut Yates

1 - He's taking up a roster spot
2 - He's not good at playing QB
3 - If we have to start him, the season is shot anyway

I can't find a credible reason to support keeping him. If you want him as a mentor, hire him as a coach. Or go sign one of the hundreds of retired QBs to hold Peterman's hand through every drill at practice if he needs it. I'd rather have another young unknown at QB than TJ Yates.

Arm of Harm
08-17-2017, 09:04 AM
You know what's going to alienate the majority of fans, the ****ing product on the field. Nothing is going to send them away faster than the first month of the season.

And Colin Kaepernick is going to do precisely nothing to fix that problem. On the other hand, he'd add a fresh reason for fans to be alienated, on top of the lousy product on the field.

Moreover, the guy envisions himself a starter, despite a plethora of game tape which demonstrates he doesn't play at or near a starting level. If he came to Buffalo, it wouldn't be to help mentor Peterman or Tyrod.

Finally, it's worth mentioning that McDermott is establishing a new culture in the locker room. You have to ask yourself whether Kaepernick is a good fit with that new culture.

SpikedLemonade
08-17-2017, 09:06 AM
Were you an idiot then or are you an idiot now?

Don't answer that ICR -- it is a trick question.

I am NOT comfortable with that question.

Skooby
08-17-2017, 09:17 AM
Don't answer that ICR -- it is a trick question.

I am NOT comfortable with that question.
Ongoing is the only answer.

ICRockets
08-17-2017, 09:19 AM
Reasons to Cut Yates

1 - He's taking up a roster spot

One of what, 99?

Skooby
08-17-2017, 09:53 AM
One of what, 99?
When the final roster hits, every spot is valuable to keep certain players off the Practice squad. PS players can be pilfered by other teams without us being compensated, so it's very important. Can we go with ongoing now ?

Joe Fo Sho
08-17-2017, 10:09 AM
One of what, 99?

The guy who thinks that TJ Yates' mentoring ability is so valuable also thinks that roster spots aren't. Color me surprised.

ICRockets
08-17-2017, 10:49 AM
When the final roster hits, every spot is valuable to keep certain players off the Practice squad. PS players can be pilfered by other teams without us being compensated, so it's very important. Can we go with ongoing now ?

But we're not talking about the final roster. We're talking about the CURRENT roster, and there is not CURRENTLY a reason to cut TJ Yates.

feldspar
08-17-2017, 01:08 PM
I have no problem keeping Yates as a third option, but he'll only be a third option because he's not all that great.

If you want someone to help develop Peterman in some way, what the heck is the David Culley for then? He's the QB coach. Yates stuck around against all odds, but he hasn't been there and done that. The guy hangs on by a thread to stay on any roster, so I don't think he'll be motivated to help anyone to actually take his spot over him on the roster.

Peterman is his completion for a job, and I really don't think Yates has a plethora of opportunities left.

Joe Fo Sho
08-17-2017, 01:24 PM
If you want someone to help develop Peterman in some way, what the heck is the David Culley for then?

Can our QB Coach tell Peterman such valuable information as this:

Does our QB coach have the ability to explain such complex situations as this:

Say you're a rookie QB in the NFL. Say you're more talented than the receivers you're currently playing with. Say you're out of sync with them on various timing patterns. You might instinctively believe that you're doing the right thing by compensating for their timing by adjusting yours, even though your timing is where the coaches want it. Sometimes it takes a veteran who has seen the pitfalls of covering up for your teammates' bad habits to explain those pitfalls.

Where would you even find such a great QB Coach?

Skooby
08-17-2017, 01:48 PM
But we're not talking about the final roster. We're talking about the CURRENT roster, and there is not CURRENTLY a reason to cut TJ Yates.

You are dense man, I gave you a reasonable explanation on why Yates is not worth keeping. Can you just accept that fact ??

ICRockets
08-17-2017, 04:38 PM
You are dense man, I gave you a reasonable explanation on why Yates is not worth keeping. Can you just accept that fact ??

But that explanation was about the final roster, and that's not why you started the thread. You started this thread to complain about Yates being here NOW.

Skooby
08-17-2017, 06:52 PM
But that explanation was about the final roster, and that's not why you started the thread. You started this thread to complain about Yates being here NOW.

Becuase he's a waste of a roster spot, was you post here a joke ?? Did you make it past 5th grade ?

Skooby
08-17-2017, 08:43 PM
Thank God they put Yates in, he's simply terrible.

Skooby
08-17-2017, 08:53 PM
Great throw there, congratulations Yates it's your only TD in Buffalo.

SpikedLemonade
08-17-2017, 09:01 PM

Trade him now if he has any value.

SpikedLemonade
08-17-2017, 09:15 PM
That INT should get Yates cut.

Novacane
08-17-2017, 09:28 PM
Trade him now if he has any value.

We couldn't even get a 7th round pick in the 2047 draft for this loser.

Arm of Harm
08-18-2017, 09:05 AM
Suppose the Bills keep Yates, instead of signing some other, better 3rd string QB to take his place. What's the worst that could happen?

The worst that could happen is that both Tyrod and Peterman experience season-ending injuries just before opening day. The Bills are forced to start Yates all 16 games. Yates plays as badly in those 16 games as we've seen from him thus far in preseason. The Bills go 0-16. They then have the first overall pick in the draft. They use that pick to do what they should have done 20 years ago: draft the true successor to Jim Kelly. I'd be perfectly fine with 0-16--as long as it gets us an elite QB.

A far more likely scenario is that Yates spends the entire year on the bench, or at most starts a game or two. Sure, we're almost certain to lose whichever games he starts. And that's a good thing.

Bill Cody
08-18-2017, 09:08 AM
Suppose the Bills keep Yates, instead of signing some other, better 3rd string QB to take his place. What's the worst that could happen?

The worst that could happen is that both Tyrod and Peterman experience season-ending injuries just before opening day. The Bills are forced to start Yates all 16 games. Yates plays as badly in those 16 games as we've seen from him thus far in preseason. The Bills go 0-16. They then have the first overall pick in the draft. They use that pick to do what they should have done 20 years ago: draft the true successor to Jim Kelly. I'd be perfectly fine with 0-16--as long as it gets us an elite QB.

A far more likely scenario is that Yates spends the entire year on the bench, or at most starts a game or two. Sure, we're almost certain to lose whichever games he starts. And that's a good thing.

You're missing the big picture with Yates here buddy. One word for you: MENTORING

feldspar
08-18-2017, 09:10 AM

He's still probably better than Brad Smith. Remember him?

He threw 2 passes in Buffalo, and they were both completions...the only problem was that they were completed to the OTHER team...

Arm of Harm
08-20-2017, 11:41 PM
You're missing the big picture with Yates here buddy. One word for you: MENTORING

There are those here who see value in Yates' mentoring. Others here don't, and are under the impression that whatever mentoring Peterman needs, he ought to be able to get from his QB coach and his other coaches. So it boils down to a debate between whether the positive of Yates' mentoring is big enough to offset the negative of his play.

But I for one don't view Yates' play as a negative. A QB who plays badly is a good thing, if your goal is to tank the season. If Yates plays poorly then that's a positive. And if Yates provides good mentoring, that's another positive.

Skooby
08-21-2017, 03:23 AM
There are those here who see value in Yates' mentoring. Others here don't, and are under the impression that whatever mentoring Peterman needs, he ought to be able to get from his QB coach and his other coaches. So it boils down to a debate between whether the positive of Yates' mentoring is big enough to offset the negative of his play.

But I for one don't view Yates' play as a negative. A QB who plays badly is a good thing, if your goal is to tank the season. If Yates plays poorly then that's a positive. And if Yates provides good mentoring, that's another positive.

There's some convoluted logic, try to throw off Nathan who could be really great. Let Nathan play, he's already better than Tyrod.

SpikedLemonade
08-21-2017, 05:48 AM

What really can a journeyman like Yates provide in terms of useful mentoring?

Skooby
08-26-2017, 08:07 PM
Any debaters left??

Novacane
08-26-2017, 08:12 PM
I'd rather keep an extra kicker than this bum

ICRockets
08-26-2017, 08:44 PM
There is no debate. We still don't HAVE to cut him, therefore doing so is impulsive and premature.

Skooby
08-26-2017, 08:51 PM
There is no debate. We still don't HAVE to cut him, therefore doing so is impulsive and premature.
How many times did you land on your head as a child ? Did you eat a lot of paint chips ?

ICRockets
08-26-2017, 10:12 PM
How many times did you land on your head as a child ? Did you eat a lot of paint chips ?

7, and my friends said the white ones are non-toxic so **** off.

Skooby
08-26-2017, 10:47 PM

It's a lie because you don't have any friends.

HHURRICANE
08-27-2017, 07:18 AM
Yates has to go. If this coach/owner/GM are serious about winning you don't keep Yates.

No reason to discipline Dareus if you aren't serious about putting the best, most deserving players on the field.

Novacane
08-27-2017, 07:36 AM
It's a lie because you don't have any friends.

You mean real ones right? I bet he has a bunch of imaginary friend that agree with all the bull**** he posts!

YardRat
08-27-2017, 08:57 AM

Ummm...I was kidding.

Arm of Harm
08-27-2017, 09:07 AM
Yates has to go. If this coach/owner/GM are serious about winning you don't keep Yates.

No reason to discipline Dareus if you aren't serious about putting the best, most deserving players on the field.

For what it's worth, Yates had the most passing yards of any Bills QB last night. Also, he eclipsed Tyrod's usual preseason performance. And it's not like your third string QB has to consistently provide a miraculous level of play to be worthy of a roster spot.

This team has much, much worse problems than its third string QB.

Skooby
08-27-2017, 09:10 AM
For what it's worth, Yates had the most passing yards of any Bills QB last night. Also, he eclipsed Tyrod's usual preseason performance. And it's not like your third string QB has to consistently provide a miraculous level of play to be worthy of a roster spot.

This team has much, much worse problems than its third string QB.
Unless you watched his first pass (INT) give away our lead after a good defensive performance.

Skooby
08-27-2017, 09:11 AM
You mean real ones right? I bet he has a bunch of imaginary friend that agree with all the bull**** he posts!
Haha !! The voices in his head and imaginary friends are what keeps him here.

Joe Fo Sho
08-27-2017, 09:19 AM
Yates is worth nothing. It's nice to see that the argument is now that we don't have to cut him.

Yates is valuable, so we have to keep him

Well, we don't have to cut him, so there.

Blah blah blah

I totally have friends, guys.

Skooby
08-27-2017, 09:23 AM
Yates is worth nothing. It's nice to see that the argument is now that we don't have to cut him.
Haha, how true.

ICRockets
08-27-2017, 01:00 PM

That's always been the argument, you oblivious ****-for-brains. Until the cut to 53- once again, the ONLY cut under the new rules for the 2017 season- dumping veterans who provide even the tiniest value is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Turf
08-27-2017, 01:10 PM
I hate to say this, but I would bring Kaepernick in at this point over him, as much as I dislike him.

Joe Fo Sho
08-27-2017, 05:00 PM
That's always been the argument, you oblivious ****-for-brains. Until the cut to 53- once again, the ONLY cut under the new rules for the 2017 season- dumping veterans who provide even the tiniest value is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

No. Yates is still worthless and could have been cut at any point from the day we signed him. Your original argument was that Yates has value.

Just because there are other people in the organization whose job it is to help Peterman doesn't mean you deliberately tune out additional voices of experience if they're available.

Yates has potential value off the field, so cutting him at this point would be cutting off our nose to spite our face.

YAt this point, after one preseason game, there is not a single credible reason not to keep Yates on the roster.

Now you say that we don't HAVE to cut him. Even though no one said we had to cut him, just that we should.

It's all crap spewed from someone who is nothing more than a big hole in the air.

ICRockets
08-27-2017, 06:33 PM
I love how hard you're trying to prove me wrong and still utterly failing to produce even a single intelligent sentence.

ICRockets
08-27-2017, 06:39 PM
The fact is, last night's game proved me right. If we had cut Yates when you wanted to, Peterman would have played the entire game; worse, he'd have done so behind offensive lines that were regressing in skill level from start to finish, meaning when he was most fatigued he'd have had the least protection, potentially putting him in danger of being injured as well.

This thread is over. Cutting TJ Yates when you dumb piles of filth wanted to would have been a monumentally stupid and irresponsible decision. Shut the **** up about sports and go do something you're good at. If such a thing even exists.

Joe Fo Sho
08-28-2017, 08:26 AM
The fact is, last night's game proved me right. If we had cut Yates when you wanted to, Peterman would have played the entire game; worse, he'd have done so behind offensive lines that were regressing in skill level from start to finish, meaning when he was most fatigued he'd have had the least protection

Has Yates not explained to Peterman how to get through an entire game of football, yet? How has Peterman gotten through all of those college seasons without having the endurance to make it through a full game? Yates really needs to get his act together and start showing Tyrod and Yates how to become competent QBs, because everything he's done to help so far has proved worthless, just like he is.

potentially putting him in danger of being injured as well.

We better not play anybody then, as we don't want someone to get a boo-boo.

Cutting Yates 2 weeks ago would leave us in the exact same spot we're in right now.

ICRockets
08-28-2017, 08:34 AM
Cutting Yates 2 weeks ago would leave us in the exact same spot we're in right now.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You're such a ****ing idiot you can't even recognize that this is an argument against needlessly cutting a player.

"OMG YOU GUYS, WE HAVE TO CUT TJ YATES BECAUSE CUTTING TJ YATES ACCOMPLISHES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!"

Joe Fo Sho
08-28-2017, 08:39 AM
"OMG YOU GUYS, WE HAVE TO CUT TJ YATES BECAUSE CUTTING TJ YATES ACCOMPLISHES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!"

Who said that we HAVE to cut Yates?

ICRockets
08-28-2017, 08:39 AM
I can't possibly be the only person who thinks it's laughably pathetic that somebody keeps arguing this passionately to defend the efficacy of a roster cut he admits would have no impact whatsoever on the team.

ICRockets
08-28-2017, 08:41 AM
Who said that we HAVE to cut Yates?

I mean, you've been banging that drum for 2 weeks now, despite recognizing that it will have a zero sum effect on the team. The Bills obviously don't need to cut him for their own sake, but for yours; it's clear you won't be satisfied until they do.

SpikedLemonade
08-28-2017, 08:49 AM
I mean, you've been banging that drum for 2 weeks now, despite recognizing that it will have a zero sum effect on the team. The Bills obviously don't need to cut him for their own sake, but for yours; it's clear you won't be satisfied until they do.

Cut him or NOT who cares?

I want Peterman to get as many reps as THE starting QB immediately.

Yates can't sniff Peterman's jock strap and is irrelevant.

ICRockets
08-28-2017, 08:56 AM
Cut him or NOT who cares?

When the 53-man deadline hits? Nobody. If there isn't a place for him on the final team, I can't imagine anybody objecting to his release. Until then, he's not cutting into Peterman's reps with the first team, so cutting him has no bearing on your stated primary objective.

Wally The Barber
08-28-2017, 09:18 AM
He is Jeff Yates little brother & he has pictures of McD drunk with Marcell Dareus 10 minutes before practice

Joe Fo Sho
08-28-2017, 09:24 AM

It doesn't surprise me that you can't comprehend this, but here's what I actually said.

I don't care about Yates. Keep him...cut him...it doesn't matter is what I'm trying to say. He's not the key to the development of our young quarterbacks.

But you have your head crammed so far up your fedora you can't seem to understand it.

Arm of Harm
08-28-2017, 09:26 AM
I don't understand why there's this much discussion about cutting Yates, and so little about cutting Tyrod. Tyrod is more highly paid than Yates, so from a salary cap perspective he should be the more vulnerable. While Yates' play in preseason has not been good, it has been noticeably better than Tyrod's. Some of Yates' problems seem correctable, such as timing issues with the WRs. Yates knows the offense and is a good mentor for Peterman. That last would not be true of whichever other third string QB they'd employ in place of Yates.

ICRockets
08-28-2017, 09:28 AM
If you don't care, then what are you still doing here? Are you really that obsessed with me?

Arm of Harm
08-28-2017, 09:31 AM
To add to my earlier post, many or most here expect this team to be somewhere in the 3-13 range. Upgrading our third string QB would accomplish what, exactly? Bump us up to 4-12?

ICRockets
08-28-2017, 09:32 AM
I don't understand why there's this much discussion about cutting Yates, and so little about cutting Tyrod. Tyrod is more highly paid than Yates, so from a salary cap perspective he should be the more vulnerable. While Yates' play in preseason has not been good, it has been noticeably better than Tyrod's. Some of Yates' problems seem correctable, such as timing issues with the WRs. Yates knows the offense and is a good mentor for Peterman. That last would not be true of whichever other third string QB they'd employ in place of Yates.
I'd be loath to cut Tyrod just because I think he could succeed in the right offense (it is definitely looking like that isn't Dennison's, but it's hard to say that conclusively yet) and I don't want some other AFC team to wind up having that offense. Tyrod as a Bronco or a Jaguar, for example, could hypothetically hurt us and our playoff chances beyond this season if he really catches on there long-term. Yates does not present that threat.

Also, do you know what the cap ramifications would be for this season and next if we were to cut Tyrod before Week 1?

Joe Fo Sho
08-28-2017, 09:33 AM
If you don't care, then what are you still doing here? Are you really that obsessed with me?

Just trying to figure out if you're actually as stupid and you make yourself look on the internet. I didn't think it was possible...but here we are.

ICRockets
08-28-2017, 09:37 AM
Just trying to figure out if you're actually as stupid and you make yourself look on the internet. I didn't think it was possible...but here we are.

In the future, when I ask a question and the answer is 'yes' you're allowed to say that. There's no need for embarrassing word vomit deflection.

Joe Fo Sho
08-28-2017, 09:42 AM
In the future, when I ask a question and the answer is 'yes' you're allowed to say that. There's no need for embarrassing word vomit deflection.

Looks like someone figured out that he didn't understand the argument and is stuck trying to make himself look like less of a moron because his internet morale is all he has.

ICRockets
08-28-2017, 10:56 AM
Looks like someone figured out that he didn't understand the argument and is stuck trying to make himself look like less of a moron because his internet morale is all he has.

Also no need for embarrassing word vomit projection. I'd say you're better than this, but you're vigorously arguing with me despite claiming you don't care about TJ Yates so it's pretty clear this is roughly the ceiling for your intellectual potential.

Joe Fo Sho
08-28-2017, 11:15 AM
Also no need for embarrassing word vomit projection. I'd say you're better than this, but you're vigorously arguing with me despite claiming you don't care about TJ Yates so it's pretty clear this is roughly the ceiling for your intellectual potential.

Why are you so obsessed with me?

ICRockets
08-28-2017, 11:34 AM
I'm not. Enjoy screaming into the void by your lonesome. Bye bye, now.

Skooby
08-28-2017, 12:46 PM
I'm not. Enjoy screaming into the void by your lonesome. Bye bye, now.

See you in a few hours, stalker.

SpikedLemonade
08-28-2017, 02:45 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-zb4C_k7Ek

Albany,n.y.
08-31-2017, 09:55 AM
Right now, I see no way that Yates makes the opening day roster unless he is cleared to play. If the Bills are approaching opening day with Taylor & Yates both out, then they'll have no choice but to waive/injured Yates and add a QB. There's no way they're going to have 4 QBs on the opening day roster with only Peterman & Wenning available. Most likely scenario is Peterman starts & is backed up by some healthy vet who gets waived on Saturday. Wenning gets cut & Tyrod is inactive.

Albany,n.y.
09-04-2017, 01:27 PM
Webb fills the healthy vet part, only thing left to do is waive Yates.

Skooby
09-04-2017, 05:52 PM
I'm thinking Yates has an extended headache, like he's going to milk this for everything he can (it's this or bagging groceries).

GingerP
09-04-2017, 06:19 PM
I'm thinking Yates has an extended headache, like he's going to milk this for everything he can (it's this or bagging groceries).

Yates injury isn't keeping the Bills from cutting him. They could waive him injured, and if he went unclaimed he would revert to IR until they could reach an injury settlement for him. They could have waived him at final cuts and chose not to do so. They could have his roster spot at any time.

YardRat
09-04-2017, 06:28 PM
Maybe they don't want to pay him off, they just want to cut him outright.

Skooby
09-04-2017, 06:29 PM

That'd be optimal for the team, that's why I think he milks this as long as he can.

GingerP
09-04-2017, 07:09 PM

There is no difference in what he gets paid. If they keep him on the roster, they are paying him until he gets healthy. If they cut him, the injury settlement will be how many weeks salary he will get until he is healthy.

Either way, it is peanuts, the guy doesn't make much money for an NFL player. They could have the roster spot any time they want, his injury and any money he is due are not keeping him from being cut. He is on the roster because they want him on the roster. He will be cut once they decide they don't want him on the roster anymore.

YardRat
09-04-2017, 07:16 PM
There is no difference in what he gets paid. If they keep him on the roster, they are paying him until he gets healthy. If they cut him, the injury settlement will be how many weeks salary he will get until he is healthy.

Either way, it is peanuts, the guy doesn't make much money for an NFL player. They could have the roster spot any time they want, his injury and any money he is due are not keeping him from being cut. He is on the roster because they want him on the roster. He will be cut once they decide they don't want him on the roster anymore.
There definitely could be a difference in money, and the guaranteed difference in procedure is an injury settlement has to be negotiated and agreed to by both parties.

Most likely the odds are with the team that Yates will clear the protocol this week, so why would the front office waste money on a settlement when they can wait a few days and cut him outright with no financial obligations?

Skooby
09-04-2017, 07:54 PM
There definitely could be a difference in money, and the guaranteed difference in procedure is an injury settlement has to be negotiated and agreed to by both parties.

Most likely the odds are with the team that Yates will clear the protocol this week, so why would the front office waste money on a settlement when they can wait a few days and cut him outright with no financial obligations? We have already paid him $40,000 on a $815,000 1 year contract. So if you divide the $775 K out over 16 weeks, you get $48437.50 a week we owe the guy or zero if we cut him when he's healthy. At $6,919 a day, I'd find a way to stay on the roster. He has zero incentive to play healthy, zero.

Homegrown
09-04-2017, 08:09 PM
We have already paid him $40,000 on a $815,000 1 year contract. So if you divide the $775 K out over 16 weeks, you get $48437.50 a week we owe the guy or zero if we cut him when he's healthy. At $6,919 a day, I'd find a way to stay on the roster. He has zero incentive to play healthy, zero.
If the Bill's are dumb enough to sign a guy who's thrown less than 100 passes since 2011, then they should just pay the man and part ways.

What does it matter....his contract is about 1/2 of 1% of the 2017 salary cap.... just pay him out

Ralph is cheap

GingerP
09-04-2017, 08:13 PM

If they can't agree, it goes to an arbitrator. It basically comes down to how long it takes him to get healthy either way. That is what he gets paid if he is cut.

Yates is a vested veteran. If he is on the roster after week one, his salary is guaranteed for the season. Holding on to him through the week actually could cost them more.

Teams release guys injured all the time. If they go unclaimed, they revert to IR and are released with an injury settlement. It is so little money, relatively, there is no reason to keep him on the roster unless they want him there. His injury is no factor.

GingerP
09-04-2017, 08:17 PM
We have already paid him $40,000 on a $815,000 1 year contract. So if you divide the $775 K out over 16 weeks, you get $48437.50 a week we owe the guy or zero if we cut him when he's healthy. At $6,919 a day, I'd find a way to stay on the roster. He has zero incentive to play healthy, zero.

First off all, they aren't paid by the game. There are 17 weeks in a season. His salary is paid $45,588 a week. It doesn't get paid daily, it gets paid weekly.

Also, if he is on the roster after this week, his salary becomes guaranteed because he is a vested veteran. He is eligible to elect termination pay.

If they want to release him, they should do it before week 1 is over if they don't want to guarantee his salary.

Skooby
09-13-2017, 02:10 AM
Injury settlement for this Yates, nobody is surprised.

ticatfan
09-13-2017, 02:30 PM
If you don't care, then what are you still doing here? Are you really that obsessed with me?WTF is wrong with you, the only one obsessed is you. Grow up, nobody wants to listen to your so called cyber tough guy routine. People are here to talk football, not you.

Skooby
09-13-2017, 04:01 PM
WTF is wrong with you, the only one obsessed is you. Grow up, nobody wants to listen to your so called cyber tough guy routine. People are here to talk football, not you.
Bingo. Bills are 1-0, the question of why Yates is still here got answered.

WagonCircler
09-13-2017, 04:06 PM
Why is this thread still here?

Arm of Harm
09-13-2017, 05:10 PM
Why is this thread still here?

Of the threads displayed on the first page, this thread has the second-most posts. The second-most! One would think that the subject of whether to keep or discard a 3rd string QB, making the vet minimum, was the second-most important issue facing this team! :)

Skooby
09-13-2017, 05:39 PM
Of the threads displayed on the first page, this thread has the second-most posts. The second-most! One would think that the subject of whether to keep or discard a 3rd string QB, making the vet minimum, was the second-most important issue facing this team! :)

This was our second string QB recently, now completely let go. I questioned the 2nd string moment he had, he should of been no strings attached.

Night Train
09-13-2017, 06:04 PM

I'm going to start a thread titled " The long snapper might be gay " so that can surpass it.

Skooby
09-13-2017, 06:35 PM
I'm going to start a thread titled " The long snapper might be gay " so that can surpass it.
You'd know, right ??

Joking.