• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

The final 53 - Linebackers

Not a ton of talent here, a few question marks. Good thing if reports are true and the McD/Frazier defense is going to have 2 or less 'backers on the field the vast majority of the time.

IMO because of the above the team goes light on numbers for the second level of the D. Brown is going to win the job in the middle. Personally I think LorAx would fit better on the weakside, but he'll be on the field regardless. Is Humber getting the other outside spot by default? It kind of appears that way. I like the Hodges pick up, he's not a stud but he brings some level of productivity, flexibility and experience to the group. Really like Ragland, but as time goes on it's becoming more difficult seeing him stick with the team. Leading the team in tackles in the fourth quarter in the preseason doesn't really mean much. I think he gets traded, IR'd or cut. We drafted two LBers in the middle rounds, Vallejo and Milano, one of them will make it for spot duty, emergency plug-in and special teams.

Still, I don't see them using more than 5 spots on this group.

Starters - P.Brown, LorAx and Humber. Back-ups - Hodges and Vallejo.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • Scumbag College
    • Oct 2002

Re: The final 53 - Linebackers

I think the Bills will keep 7 LBs. The five off of your list, and Milano and Ragland will make the team. Ragland showed enough to stick around and even if he's inactive most games, those ACLs take some time to heal. There will be a bunch of situational subbing in and out, too.
    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Ed
      Dude
      • Sep 2002

Re: The final 53 - Linebackers

LB is definitely looking like the weakest unit on the team. I think this group is going to look a lot different next year, and finding a MLB and WLB that fits McDermott's style will be a top priority.

Comment

Working...
      X