PDA

View Full Version : Vic Carucci: Peterman is the best QB of the 3

Skooby
08-17-2017, 08:32 AM
*Quarterback: Nathan Peterman. First, it should be noted that none of the three players here was exceptional by any stretch. Each had his highly impressive moments, but each also had his share of ugly plays. Not once did I find myself saying, "Wow! This guy is special." I'm going with the rookie, though, because he was more consistent in delivering good and sometimes even great throws. Granted, Peterman spent most of camp doing taking third-team reps against bottom-of-the-roster defenders, but he looked more mechanically sound than Tyrod Taylor or T.J. Yates. His promotion to the No. 2 spot was a no-brainer, especially with Yates' mostly mediocre to poor showings. Let's see what Peterman does from here.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/16/vic-caruccis-bills-camp-superlatives-mccoy-peterman-yarbrough-sparkle/

SpikedLemonade
08-17-2017, 09:04 AM
Oh yeah.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jJkdRaa04g

BillsFanCupp38
08-17-2017, 10:11 AM
Super bowl baby!

Joe Fo Sho
08-17-2017, 10:14 AM
There are 3 more preseason games to see what this kid has this early in his career. If he plays well, I'm all for starting him IF Tyrod doesn't show improvement.

swiper
08-17-2017, 10:24 AM
Let's see what Carucci says on Friday morning.

Albany,n.y.
08-17-2017, 12:27 PM
Memories of 2007 when rookie Trent Edwards was outplaying JP Losman & Craig Nall in camp. Change the names to Peterman, Taylor & Yates. Same @#$%, different day.

Joe Fo Sho
08-17-2017, 12:28 PM
Memories of 2007 when rookie Trent Edwards was outplaying JP Losman & Craig Nall in camp. Change the names to Peterman, Taylor & Yates. Same @#$%, different day.

Except none of those quarterbacks have the mentoring ability of TJ Yates, so maybe we're ahead of the game.

Arm of Harm
08-17-2017, 01:02 PM

I see your point, but I'm more optimistic than you are.

Peterman has at least the potential to be a solid backup. If he succeeds in achieving that, he'll have a better career than Edwards, Losman, or Nall. Once those three became known commodities, none were able to secure roster spots.

Secondly, the apparent plan is to get our starting QB in this upcoming draft. The consensus seems to be that the upcoming draft is better for QBs than the draft which just occurred.

Bottom line: I'm not writing off McDermott or Beane just yet. Or Peterman, for that matter. All three are too new--too unknown--for us to legitimately do that. And at least thus far, Beane's/McDermott's approach to roster building seems to have made basic sense. There have been no head-scratchers thus far, no Donte Whitner 8th overall type moves. Let's at least wait and see.

feldspar
08-17-2017, 01:17 PM
We're all Bills fans.

Who hasn't waved goodbye to hype like this by now?

I like the Peterman pick, but just Carucci saying that he might look better than the other QBs while playing with and against the backups does not exactly have me turning backflips.

I'll root for him.

kingJofNYC
08-17-2017, 01:23 PM
Except none of those quarterbacks have the mentoring ability of TJ Yates, so maybe we're ahead of the game.
I hear Yates knows the offense inside and out, better than some of the coaches, STUD TUTOR.

Turf
08-17-2017, 02:29 PM
Rookie QB's can only look bad in the preseason, not good. Until they see a real NFL defense and play against a real game plan at full speed, there's no telling how they will react. You can't make Peterson a starter based on pre season performance.

kgun12
08-17-2017, 02:55 PM
I see your point, but I'm more optimistic than you are.

Peterman has at least the potential to be a solid backup. If he succeeds in achieving that, he'll have a better career than Edwards, Losman, or Nall. Once those three became known commodities, none were able to secure roster spots.

Secondly, the apparent plan is to get our starting QB in this upcoming draft. The consensus seems to be that the upcoming draft is better for QBs than the draft which just occurred.

Bottom line: I'm not writing off McDermott or Beane just yet. Or Peterman, for that matter. All three are too new--too unknown--for us to legitimately do that. And at least thus far, Beane's/McDermott's approach to roster building seems to have made basic sense. There have been no head-scratchers thus far, no Donte Whitner 8th overall type moves. Let's at least wait and see.

Damn, I would hope not after 14 days of camp and 1 preseason game!

Night Train
08-17-2017, 03:07 PM
Unless TT completely flops, he's the backup.

Created hype is just that.

justasportsfan
08-17-2017, 03:14 PM
We're all Bills fans.

Who hasn't waved goodbye to hype like this by now?

I like the Peterman pick, but just Carucci saying that he might look better than the other QBs while playing with and against the backups does not exactly have me turning backflips.

I'll root for him.

I'll root for him as I did with JP, Trent, EJ , Tuel and every failed qb we drafted. How can a fan not wish his qb to succeed? I hope even TT becomes the qb we are hoping for.

djjimkelly
08-17-2017, 05:11 PM
Let's see what Carucci says on Friday morning.

he should say we have no qbs and i am openly hoping for a 3 win season so we can get a top QB in the 2018 draft

Goobylal
08-17-2017, 05:28 PM
Rookie QB's can only look bad in the preseason, not good. Until they see a real NFL defense and play against a real game plan at full speed, there's no telling how they will react. You can't make Peterson a starter based on pre season performance.

Huh? Rookie QBs can certainly look good in pre-season. Whether they end up playing well during real games is another matter entirely. If they do look good, then you move them up like the Bills are doing with Peterman and see how they do.

feldspar
08-17-2017, 05:35 PM
I'll root for him as I did with JP, Trent, EJ , Tuel and every failed qb we drafted. How can a fan not wish his qb to succeed? I hope even TT becomes the qb we are hoping for.

Not much else to it that I can see...

YardRat
08-17-2017, 06:34 PM
Unless TT completely flops, he's the backup.

Created hype is just that.

Tyrod's first quarter - "Hold my beer..."

The Toe Show
08-17-2017, 06:38 PM
OKAY REFS

SpikedLemonade
08-17-2017, 06:43 PM
TT should be out of the game with the next drive.

Peterman time!!!!

Skooby
08-17-2017, 06:45 PM
TT should be out of the game with the next drive.

Peterman time!!!!

How bad was Tyrod this game ??

SpikedLemonade
08-17-2017, 06:48 PM
How bad was Tyrod this game ??

Complete Crap -- 8-15, 53 yards and 2 INTs.

Skooby
08-17-2017, 06:50 PM
Complete Crap -- 8-15, 53 yards and 2 INTs.
Wow, brutal.

The Toe Show
08-17-2017, 06:52 PM
I think this means they're starting to look at it. Plus, how much Tyrod is playing.

Skooby
08-17-2017, 06:54 PM
I think this means they're starting to look at it. Plus, how much Tyrod is playing.

How is anyone watching Tyrod still play and say wow what a hero, he almost just got picked with about 7 minutes left in the second.

Skooby
08-17-2017, 07:07 PM
Announcers just said the Bills are very high on Peterman.

BillsImpossible
08-17-2017, 07:32 PM
Announcers just said the Bills are very high on Peterman.

Now we can see why!

BillsImpossible
08-17-2017, 07:33 PM
QB rating of 12 by Tyrod.

Skooby
08-17-2017, 07:34 PM
QB rating of 12 by Tyrod.
Ouch.

streetkings01
08-17-2017, 07:36 PM
Tyrod reminded me this game why I was ready to move on from him last year

Skooby
08-17-2017, 07:39 PM
Tyrod reminded me this game why I was ready to move on from him last year
Why he was benched so they didn't have to pay him regardless, it seems like a prudent move now.

psubills62
08-17-2017, 07:44 PM
I didn't watch the whole first half, but watched enough of the offense under Taylor to see that it's a yawn.
When Peterman came in, I wasn't expecting much but those throws in the last couple minutes of the first half were really surprising. Was not expecting that.

EDIT: Will add that he has some weirdly bad throws on things that look simple for anyone who has played QB for a while, like a quick outlet to the TE. Hopefully he can improve that.

Skooby
08-17-2017, 07:49 PM
I didn't watch the whole first half, but watched enough of the offense under Taylor to see that it's a yawn.

When Peterman came in, I wasn't expecting much but those throws in the last couple minutes of the first half were really surprising. Was not expecting that.
The throws are all over the field too, not just one area.