PDA

View Full Version : The new NFL and penalties

BillsOwnAll
08-17-2017, 06:40 PM
Man I forgot how bad it is. Everything's a penalty, when was they last time you seen a punt return without one? It's not just the bills either

YardRat
08-17-2017, 06:42 PM
Hey, Hochuli needs these practice games to get into regular season shape too ya know.

The Toe Show
08-17-2017, 06:44 PM
The roughing the passer call on the Eagles is a perfect example.

BillsOwnAll
08-17-2017, 06:46 PM
The 3 penalties on one punt return for the eagles.. hard to imagine how they see 3 of 11 players commit penalties

Scumbag College
08-17-2017, 06:52 PM
This is a rotten product. There's been penalties on about a dozen plays so far.

Historian
08-18-2017, 04:53 AM
****ing brutal

YardRat
08-18-2017, 06:50 AM
Between the really bad calls, and the really bad 'misses' that aren't called, the sport resembles the NBA, and that's not a good thing.

JoeMama
08-18-2017, 06:55 AM
The NFL is largely unwatchable.

If I wasn't emotionally invested in the Bills, I'd literally never watch a single game. This is no longer a compelling sport like it was in the 80s and 90s (or for you non-millennials, how cool it must have been going back even further).

I can't even remember the last Superbowl I watched.

Generalissimus Gibby
08-19-2017, 02:47 AM

If I wasn't emotionally invested in the Bills, I'd literally never watch a single game. This is no longer a compelling sport like it was in the 80s and 90s (or for you non-millennials, how cool it must have been going back even further).

Last Superbowl I watched through was Baltimore and San Fran and before that the Rams Titans one

JoeMama
08-19-2017, 07:50 AM
Last Superbowl I watched through was Baltimore and San Fran and before that the Rams Titans one

Glad I'm not the only one.

The NFL is a **** brand IMO.

kgun12
08-19-2017, 09:57 AM

If it wasn't for fantasy football, even the emotional attachment to the Bills could keep my interest anymore. My job took me to Michigan so I don't get to see the Bills that much, because I won't pay the NFL money for the game pass. Even when they are on network TV I find myself watching The Red Zone so I can keep up with my fantasy player. Hell I even draft Dolphins and Cowboy players now, lol.

DetDannyWilliams
08-19-2017, 12:32 PM
I thought I read somewhere that the NFL approved that they would have full time refs starting this season

yes here it is...

Full-time game officials will be on the field this season.

The NFL will hire up to 24 full-time game officials for the 2017 season from its current crop of 124 officials, the league and the NFL Referees Association announced Wednesday.

The NFL and the NFLRA agreed to experiment with full-time officials as part of the last collective bargaining agreement and the NFLRA approved the move. The program will allow current officials to apply to become full-time.

Full-time officials will be hired at each of the seven officiating positions.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000827498/article/nfl-to-hire-up-to-24-fulltime-game-officials-for-2017

Buffalogic
08-19-2017, 09:44 PM
Been trending in this direction for a few years. Even fantasy football bores me now. I used to watch every game every week. Now I watch the bills til the loss is probable, then i turn it off. I used to watch nfl network all the time too, but I haven't turned that on in years. Penalties, rule changes and over commercialization have ruined the game.