PDA

View Full Version : Rehkow cut, TE and S signed

swiper
08-20-2017, 11:26 AM
Bills release kicker Rehkow (http://www.yourerie.com/sports/nfl/nfl-buffalo/bills-release-kicker-rehkow/794448605)

O (http://nfltraderumors.co/bills-sign-s-adrian-mcdonald-te-rory-anderson-cut-two/)rchard Park, NY - The Bills released K/P Austin Rehkow and designated TE Jason Croom as waived/injured. Croom was in a walking boot after Thursday's preseason game in Philadelphia.

In their place, Buffalo signed tight end Rory Anderson and safety Adrian McDonald.

The Rehkow move makes placekicker Stephen Hauschka and punter Colton Schmidt the only kickers left on the roster.

There was thought about Buffalo possibly keeping Rehkow for his big leg and his versatility to kick and punt, but the Bills are staying with the experienced options for now.

Anderson was a 7th round pick by the 49ers in 2015 who did not make the team. He spent some time on the Bears practice squad last year. His nickname is "Busta".

McDonald entered the league as an undrafted free agent in 2016 with the Chargers. He spent last year on their practice squad, but was released last Sunday.

swiper
08-20-2017, 11:30 AM
Seems the Bills feel the veteran legs have won their jobs. Answers to training camp questions slowly falling into place.

YardRat
08-20-2017, 11:33 AM
I'm thinking that may be a theme as preseason moves along.

Scumbag College
08-20-2017, 11:34 AM
Schmidt and Hauschka have both looked excellent in preseason. Rekhow is interesting because of his punting, placekicking, and kickoff duties. But he's kind of a "Master of None/"

YardRat
08-20-2017, 01:49 PM
Well hopefully nobody picks him up, it would be nice to have him available if Schmidt decides to half-ass it again this season.

cookie G
08-20-2017, 02:03 PM
I'll miss Rehkow, I always liked him on Hill Street Blues.

http://www.payphone-project.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/hill-street-blues-s01e01-world-is-full-of-payphones.mp4?_=1

Night Train
08-20-2017, 03:23 PM
They are doing him a favor by cutting him now. He has talent and someone will pick him up. Best of luck to the guy.

Goobylal
08-20-2017, 03:37 PM
Well hopefully nobody picks him up, it would be nice to have him available if Schmidt decides to half-ass it again this season.

This.

jamze132
08-20-2017, 09:50 PM
I would have like them to cut Schmidt and keep Rehkow and see how he develops as a PK down the line. Would be nice to be able to find a guy who can do both so you can use the roster spot somewhere else.

Goobylal
08-20-2017, 09:51 PM
I would have like them to cut Schmidt and keep Rehkow and see how he develops as a PK down the line. Would be nice to be able to find a guy who can do both so you can use the roster spot somewhere else.

If no one claims him, and I doubt any team would, they can put him on the PS.

Mace
08-20-2017, 10:48 PM
Kind of surprised they didn't have him doing any punting whatever in the preseason. It was peculiar. I mean, it's preseason.

Agree he'll end up somewhere doing something. They cut him early because they know it, which is the right thing to do, but it's still peculiar the didn't let him do much in early preseason.

Turf
08-20-2017, 11:00 PM
Well for sure the only way we win now is with defense and the QB scrambling.

jamze132
08-20-2017, 11:01 PM
If no one claims him, and I doubt any team would, they can put him on the PS.

True but I doubt we'll use a spot on a kicker. Never know though.