PDA

View Full Version : Matthews "Extremely Confident " He'll Play Week 1

Night Train
08-20-2017, 04:02 PM
http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-5-takeaways-from-buffalo-bills-practice-82017

YardRat
08-20-2017, 06:07 PM
Jesus I try to be upbeat but 'Matthews can put on a helmet', 'Glenn can...ummm...walk at the moment', 'the corner we traded Sammy for might play some', 'Streater isn't dead or at least they haven't come right out and said so' and 'two weeks before the opener is the perfect time to start playing musical chairs with the oline' makes it a little difficult.

kgun12
08-20-2017, 06:32 PM
YardRat, look at it this way, the worst that could happen is he is as injury prone as Watkins, we got a draft pick for him!

Homegrown
08-20-2017, 06:34 PM
"If I had a quarter for every Bill's player/coach/management that was 'extremely confident' since 2001, blah, blah, blah ....."

Scumbag College
08-20-2017, 07:24 PM
Jesus I try to be upbeat but 'Matthews can put on a helmet', 'Glenn can...ummm...walk at the moment', 'the corner we traded Sammy for might play some', 'Streater isn't dead or at least they haven't come right out and said so' and 'two weeks before the opener is the perfect time to start playing musical chairs with the oline' makes it a little difficult.

Mingya, when you put it like that...this team is a cluster****!

jamze132
08-20-2017, 08:34 PM
Well with Matthews and Jones on the outside, looks like the slot goes to Holmes who has NOT impressed.

Albany,n.y.
08-21-2017, 06:05 PM
"If I had a quarter for every Bill's player/coach/management that was 'extremely confident' since 2001, blah, blah, blah ....."

Donte Whitner guaranteed playoffs & had to go to SF to find them.

Night Train
08-22-2017, 05:47 PM
Well with Matthews and Jones on the outside, looks like the slot goes to Holmes who has NOT impressed.

Matthews is reportedly targeted for the slot, with Boldins departure.

Now it's finding another wide out to go with Jones.

Scumbag College
08-22-2017, 06:39 PM
I can foresee a bunch of 1 WR, 2 TE, 1 FB, and 1 Tailback looks this year. Buffalo just doesn't have the receivers to scare anyone consistently with 3 WR looks.

One positive from this preseason is how good O'Leary has looked. I think we could utilize him with Clay and a FB to create matchup problems. In a base 3-4 or 4-3 that would cause a mismatch in the Bills favor in the running game. If a D wants to bring in an extra LB to stop the run then that leaves a LB on Clay, O'Leary, and/or Shady in a passing play and possibly the WR 1-1 on a CB. We would need the OL to holdup in pass protection for everything to work.

Night Train
08-22-2017, 06:44 PM
Showed Matthews at practice today running drills and catching a long pass. Looks like he'll be ready Week 1.

kishoph
08-22-2017, 06:57 PM
Matthews is reportedly targeted for the slot, with Boldins departure.

Now it's finding another wide out to go with Jones.

I think Streater may have the most speed to stretch a defense and he had a pretty good camp. Can he stay healthy though ?

BillsImpossible
08-22-2017, 07:46 PM
I think Streater may have the most speed to stretch a defense and he had a pretty good camp. Can he stay healthy though ?

He got injured in last week's game against the Eagles. Carted off the field, big toe injury.

Streater's teammates are probably poking fun at him over getting carted off the field for his big toe.

Goobylal
08-22-2017, 09:45 PM
Showed Matthews at practice today running drills and catching a long pass. Looks like he'll be ready Week 1.

Hurray!