PDA

View Full Version : Anquan Boldin retiring

Goobylal
08-20-2017, 06:50 PM
Boldin today told the Bills he's retiring. Not surprised given his performance last Thursday.

Mace
08-20-2017, 06:58 PM
Per Jim Trotter, ESPN, btw : https://mobile.twitter.com/JimTrotter_NFL/status/899421506974785536?p=v

feldspar
08-20-2017, 06:59 PM
Unbelievable.

cookie G
08-20-2017, 06:59 PM
"We would not have tried to get Anquan Boldin if we were tanking"

~Beanie Boy

YardRat
08-20-2017, 07:06 PM
"I would've never signed the offer if I knew they were tanking."

~Anquan Boldin

ckg927
08-20-2017, 07:07 PM
So, what you're saying is Anquan told the Bills "Nahhh, I'm not staying on THIS sinking ship. I'm good!" and hit the eject button?

YardRat
08-20-2017, 07:09 PM
My quote is fake.

Scumbag College
08-20-2017, 07:10 PM
Per Jim Trotter, ESPN, btw : https://mobile.twitter.com/JimTrotter_NFL/status/899421506974785536?p=v

You have to admit, some of those GIFs are hilarious.

This isn't the worst thing in the world I suppose. Maybe it gives one of the UDFAs like Shorts and Reilly a chance to stick and develop into a solid pro rather than having Boldin around for one year and retiring.

Mace
08-20-2017, 07:10 PM
My quote is fake.

See how you are ?

Generalissimus Gibby
08-20-2017, 07:12 PM
Coasty, ya might want to update the av to 18

Mace
08-20-2017, 07:14 PM
You have to admit, some of those GIFs are hilarious.

This isn't the worst thing in the world I suppose. Maybe it gives one of the UDFAs like Shorts and Reilly a chance to stick and develop into a solid pro rather than having Boldin around for one year and retiring.

Yeah they are, I liked the first Simpson's hat rack one.

sudzy
08-20-2017, 07:15 PM
Fool's gold

BillsFanCupp38
08-20-2017, 07:16 PM
We didn't need him anyway. Washed up

Night Train
08-20-2017, 07:17 PM
Time to trade Ragland for a WR ?

justasportsfan
08-20-2017, 07:23 PM
He was old anyways......

Skooby
08-20-2017, 07:25 PM
Good riddance, he had a choice to retire or be cut. He wasn't cut out for the offense at his age, youth movement. We owe him zero $, so ... so long.

coastal
08-20-2017, 07:34 PM
Coasty, ya might want to update the av to 18
Trust me, I will... it was always a given.

There's a reason I don't watch anymore.

That reason is Russ Brandon.

coastal
08-20-2017, 07:48 PM

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-20-2017, 07:49 PM
i love it. most people (including me) thought this was a good signing.
now people are saying 'good riddance' when he's gone.
'well if i can't have him, no one can'
like an abusive spouse we are with our players sometimes.

Mace
08-20-2017, 08:03 PM
That reason is Russ Brandon.

I wish you'd stop saying that name. Every time someone reads it there's a 4% chance he'll manifest and pose for a beaming selfie, whether you like it or not (he has mystical powers), and take $20 out of your wallet, while turning all cold beverages tepid within 50 yards.

BertSquirtgum
08-20-2017, 08:03 PM
I don't blame him. The Bills are garbage. If I was him I would retire over play for the Bills too. He knows he ain't going to get any receptions with the Bills' ****ty running back that's playing quarterback.

Turf
08-20-2017, 08:09 PM
What money odds are on for him coming back mid season to a team with a better disposition needing a WR?

ParanoidAndroid
08-20-2017, 08:16 PM
Players can't retire and then unretire the same season to play for another team unless the player is released from his contract. We might get a draft pick out of that scenario, though. :)

Scumbag College
08-20-2017, 08:23 PM
Pure Speculation:

Kevon Seymour and a 5th for Philip Dorsett announced tomorrow.

kingJofNYC
08-20-2017, 08:24 PM
HAHAHAHA

Jumped right off the tanktanic

DraftBoy
08-20-2017, 09:01 PM
So our #1 WR is now either Matthews, who may not see a snap all preseason, or Jones, a rookie.

Tank on!

Generalissimus Gibby
08-20-2017, 09:05 PM
The Hindentanic now across the Atlantic in 2 and a half days

Mace
08-20-2017, 09:08 PM
What money odds are on for him coming back mid season to a team with a better disposition needing a WR?

Doubt it. His statement :

"Football in its purest form is what we all strive for as a nation. People from all different races, religions and backgrounds working together for one shared goal. The core values taught in football are some of the most important you can learn in life. To always be there for the guy next to you and not let your fellow man down. You do whatever it takes to make sure your brother is OK.

"Football has afforded me a platform throughout my career to have a greater impact on my humanitarian work. At this time, I feel drawn to make the larger fight for human rights a priority. My life's purpose is bigger than football."

Sounds to me like he realized he wasn't doing well and tried to take the moral high road off into the sunset focused on his next chosen pursuit.

Goobylal
08-20-2017, 09:50 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if he asked the Bills his chances of making the team and they told him "not good."

DraftBoy
08-20-2017, 09:56 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if he asked the Bills his chances of making the team and they told him "not good."

The guy had more talent than the remainder of our WR group combined. I doubt he would even need to ask, let alone be fearful, about being cut from this team.

Albany,n.y.
08-20-2017, 10:48 PM

More like he though he came here to win a championship and realized his chances were slim & none with slim only being a trade to NE.

Mace
08-21-2017, 12:27 AM
More like he though he came here to win a championship

That's just ridiculous. Pull yourself together.

Skooby
08-21-2017, 02:33 AM
The guy had more talent than the remainder of our WR group combined. I doubt he would even need to ask, let alone be fearful, about being cut from this team.

Here's the stat line for the one actual game he played in, 3 targets and his one 5 yard catch made him bigger than everyone else on the stat line. Haha.

Dude, he wasn't engaged at all or even making this team. This isn't the old Bills management where we'd keep people hanging around for no reason, he was told after the game last week it's cut or retire (his choice). They delayed it (he's been no cost at all) to make it look like it's his idea (classy move). They "he found a higher passion" or a "calling of god" is such a bunch of BS it's unbelievable people still buy that. This isn't 1997 when he loses a few hundred thousand $'s, he's missing millions.
Goodluck to your higher calling, we were the last check you might of seen if you could play. You couldn't anymore and your last resort didn't work out (Bills figured why not take a flyer ?). Bills read the material and put the flyer down. Would we currently be any 38 year old WR first choice, everything being equal ??

No money here Boldin, take care.

P.S. The look at Boldin was zero risk, zero cost.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400951827

SpikedLemonade
08-21-2017, 05:44 AM
3-13

YardRat
08-21-2017, 05:49 AM
he was told after the game last week it's cut or retire (his choice).

If that is the truth than my confidence in the new staff and front office has a crack in it.

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-21-2017, 05:59 AM
3-13
that's looking optimistic right now Spiked

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-21-2017, 06:00 AM
If that is the truth than my confidence in the new staff and front office has a crack in it.

not saying you're necessarily wrong, but why?

DraftBoy
08-21-2017, 06:05 AM
Here's the stat line for the one actual game he played in, 3 targets and his one 5 yard catch made him bigger than everyone else on the stat line. Haha.

You want to compare that to Zay Jones stat line from his first game? We don't judge players based on a single game.

Dude, he wasn't engaged at all or even making this team...They delayed it (he's been no cost at all) to make it look like it's his idea (classy move).

This is pure speculation, though you'll claim some inside info.

They "he found a higher passion" or a "calling of god" is such a bunch of BS it's unbelievable people still buy that. This isn't 1997 when he loses a few hundred thousand $'s, he's missing millions.

Yea, why would the guy who was named the NFL's 2015 Walter Payton Man of the Year and is well-known for his charity and humanitarian work suddenly find a higher passion? It's not like he has a long history of being involved with giving and charitable work.

Goodluck to your higher calling, we were the last check you might of seen if you could play. No money here Boldin, take care.

This response speaks a lot to your character.

DraftBoy
08-21-2017, 06:10 AM
You want to compare that to Zay Jones stat line from his first game? We don't judge players based on a single game.

This is pure speculation, though you'll claim some inside info.

Yea, why would the guy who was named the NFL's 2015 Walter Payton Man of the Year and is well-known for his charity and humanitarian work suddenly find a higher passion? It's not like he has a long history of being involved with giving and charitable work.

This response speaks a lot to your character.

And before Mitch response with more nonsense about Boldin's "finding of a higher passion", here is more about his charitable work from NFL.com upon him being named Man of the Year for 2015.

Boldin established the Anquan Boldin (Q81) Foundation in 2004 with the mission to expand the educational and life opportunities of underprivileged children, and has since has held charitable events in Phoenix, Baltimore, South Florida and the San Francisco Bay Area. In 2014, he and his wife Dionne announced a $1 million pledge to escalate the impact of the Foundation.

The Anquan Boldin Foundation offers numerous programs, including a summer enrichment program, Thanksgiving food drives, which offers 300 meals annually in addition to holiday shopping sprees. Last fall, the Foundation awarded $10,000 academic scholarships to five students entering college. Since the Foundation's inception, it has awarded 13 four-year scholarships through the "Q81" Foundation Scholarship Fund.

I don't know about you guys, but giving out 4,000 meals, pledging $1 million dollars, and awarding $520,000 in scholarships sure sounds like a guy who clearly just found his inner humanitarian.

To suggest that his decision to choose his charity work over football, had anything to do with his current talent level is both insulting and ignorant.

YardRat
08-21-2017, 06:11 AM
not saying you're necessarily wrong, but why?

I don't see anybody at the bottom of the position group that is likely to turn into a contributor at this time or in the future that would be worth keeping around for a season more than an experienced, productive, professional veteran. Leadership can't be measured like statistics but it is a factor that can be just as important, maybe moreso on a few specific individual cases.

Skooby
08-21-2017, 06:23 AM
Dude can't play anymore, looked very slow and isn't familiar with the offense. It became plainly obvious to all involved so he walked away without why he came here, for a check. Acting like we are some premier destination for old players is stupid talk, he can't play so bye.

I'm not here to talk charity or his gifts of giving, the dude was here and gone in weeks. No money buddy, sorry. He knew he showed up slow and unable to play, couldn't sleepwalk past these coaches.

Skooby
08-21-2017, 06:24 AM
Classy move by them to not simply cut him, both sides knew he was going no where.

Skooby
08-21-2017, 06:25 AM
And before Mitch response with more nonsense about Boldin's "finding of a higher passion", here is more about his charitable work from NFL.com upon him being named Man of the Year for 2015.

I don't know about you guys, but giving out 4,000 meals, pledging $1 million dollars, and awarding $520,000 in scholarships sure sounds like a guy who clearly just found his inner humanitarian.

To suggest that his decision to choose his charity work over football, had anything to do with his current talent level is both insulting and ignorant.

Good for him, no check for trying. He showed up not really able to play that well, it was a flyer that we reviewed for a few weeks.

Forward_Lateral
08-21-2017, 06:26 AM
God this franchise is a laughing stock.

DraftBoy
08-21-2017, 06:29 AM
Good for him, no check for trying. He showed up not really able to play that well, it was a flyer that we reviewed for a few weeks.

No ability to admit you even that you misrepresented him in your previous post. That's just sad man.

Skooby
08-21-2017, 06:31 AM
God this franchise is a laughing stock.
We're bringing in the elderly (NFL wise) for looks, we can't attract any real talent here now unless we overpay.

Skooby
08-21-2017, 06:34 AM
No ability to admit you even that you misrepresented him in your previous post. That's just sad man.
You pine for old guy we took a flyer on and his charity, go discuss that in spam. There's no football card for him or a Jersey available, so much for that. Seriously why do some of you dwell on non-football crap ?? He flies kites as well, maybe you can join him playing in the wind because he's not playing here.

HHURRICANE
08-21-2017, 07:04 AM
Brandon is on the phone with Fred Jackson right now for damage control. Every Sunday is Free Jackson day and he will be used as our possession threat to replace Boldin.

Problem solved! OJ is out mid-season so Gillise should be covered as well.

Skooby
08-21-2017, 09:48 AM
Brandon is on the phone with Fred Jackson right now for damage control. Every Sunday is Free Jackson day and he will be used as our possession threat to replace Boldin.

Problem solved! OJ is out mid-season so Gillise should be covered as well.

This is too funny, haha.

sukie
08-21-2017, 10:03 AM
Where is Stevie Johnson?

Bill Cody
08-21-2017, 10:17 AM

This is the same situation Reggie Wayne found himself in when he signed with NE a couple years ago. Wayne and Boldin have both had borderline HOF careers. But Wayne retired before camp ended with NE after looking old and slow. Just like Boldin. Neither decision was about "talent". They both got old which is ineveitable for every player. I felt this could be the case earlier in this thread about Boldin.

Great players know when they're done and they don't want to embarrass themselves or get marginalized by less talented young guys. Boldin quit because he knew it was time. It wasn't about the Bills sucking. He's done and he knows it.

justasportsfan
08-21-2017, 10:42 AM
So our #1 WR is now either Matthews, who may not see a snap all preseason, or Jones, a rookie.

Tank on!

Tank what? We didn't need Watkins or Boldin. We were going to run all the way to the playoffs anyways - Homer

Goobylal
08-21-2017, 12:03 PM

Maybe 2 years ago. But now he's done. It was plain to all in the game the other night.

Dude, he wasn't engaged at all or even making this team. This isn't the old Bills management where we'd keep people hanging around for no reason, he was told after the game last week it's cut or retire (his choice). They delayed it (he's been no cost at all) to make it look like it's his idea (classy move). They "he found a higher passion" or a "calling of god" is such a bunch of BS it's unbelievable people still buy that. This isn't 1997 when he loses a few hundred thousand $'s, he's missing millions.
Goodluck to your higher calling, we were the last check you might of seen if you could play. You couldn't anymore and your last resort didn't work out (Bills figured why not take a flyer ?). Bills read the material and put the flyer down. Would we currently be any 38 year old WR first choice, everything being equal ??

No money here Boldin, take care.

P.S. The look at Boldin was zero risk, zero cost.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400951827

This is what I figured. They saw how little he had left in the tank and allowed him to bow out gracefully.

YardRat
08-21-2017, 01:01 PM
Cutting Fred Jackson was the single worst move made during the Wrecks era, and nothing else even comes close.

Goobylal
08-21-2017, 01:10 PM
Cutting Fred Jackson was the single worst move made during the Wrecks era, and nothing else even comes close.

Why? He was also done.

YardRat
08-21-2017, 01:12 PM
Why? He was also done.

Leadership.

Skooby
08-21-2017, 01:56 PM
Maybe 2 years ago. But now he's done. It was plain to all in the game the other night.

This is what I figured. They saw how little he had left in the tank and allowed him to bow out gracefully.

It's a good way to go, you're now going to also be accused of being me because other neophytes on here can't follow logic.

Joe Fo Sho
08-21-2017, 02:09 PM
Leadership.

His leadership got us exactly 0 playoff appearances for the 8 years he was here. I love Fred Jackson, but letting him go was a decision that I don't regret. We should have offered him a coaching gig if we wanted to keep his leadership ability.

YardRat
08-21-2017, 02:40 PM
His leadership got us exactly 0 playoff appearances for the 8 years he was here. I love Fred Jackson, but letting him go was a decision that I don't regret. We should have offered him a coaching gig if we wanted to keep his leadership ability.

You and I both are well aware that FJ's leadership is not the sole factor for this team's won-loss record over that time period.

ICRockets
08-21-2017, 02:50 PM
You and I both are well aware that FJ's leadership is not the sole factor for this team's won-loss record over that time period.
Don't overestimate Joe's awareness. He thinks veteran players have no intangible benefits to the locker room because that's what coaches are for.

ICRockets
08-21-2017, 02:52 PM
While I think it's certainly fair to point out that Boldin is not the player he used to be, it seems reasonable to me that he saw the events in Charlottesville as a call to action. Anybody with even a shred of ill will towards Anquan for fighting the good fight needs to choke on their white hood.

Joe Fo Sho
08-21-2017, 02:55 PM

Well, clearly it's not as important as having the physical talent. A team full of coaches and leaders won't get you anywhere if they can't play at this level.

Joe Fo Sho
08-21-2017, 03:02 PM
Don't overestimate Joe's awareness. He thinks veteran players have no intangible benefits to the locker room because that's what coaches are for.

Oh man, I didn't realize Fred Jackson was an brilliant as the great TJ Yates. If I'd have know that Fred Jackson could bring such knowledgeable tidbit as:

"Don't worry about your timing being off in the preseason. If you know you're doing what Coach says, if you know your timing is right, don't compensate for the receivers. They'll get their timing right or they'll be off the team. Do your job correctly, and the rest will come."

...or be able to explain such a complex scenario as...

Say you're a rookie QB in the NFL. Say you're more talented than the receivers you're currently playing with. Say you're out of sync with them on various timing patterns. You might instinctively believe that you're doing the right thing by compensating for their timing by adjusting yours, even though your timing is where the coaches want it. Sometimes it takes a veteran who has seen the pitfalls of covering up for your teammates' bad habits to explain those pitfalls.

Why didn't you say something! Someone get Freddie back here to explain some of the most basic information possible to some of the best football players in the world!

ICRockets
08-21-2017, 03:16 PM
Oh man, I didn't realize Fred Jackson was an brilliant as the great TJ Yates. If I'd have know that Fred Jackson could bring such knowledgeable tidbit as:

...or be able to explain such a complex scenario as...

Why didn't you say something! Someone get Freddie back here to explain some of the most basic information possible to some of the best football players in the world!

I love how these posts were attacked from both sides. You claim they're generic and obvious, Skoob told me they were needlessly introspective. You can't both be right.

Joe Fo Sho
08-21-2017, 03:42 PM
I love how these posts were attacked from both sides. You claim they're generic and obvious, Skoob told me they were needlessly introspective. You can't both be right.

If you think either of the examples you provided are useful in today's NFL, then you're a bigger idiot than even I thought. I didn't think that was possible.

Do you have anymore brilliant examples of how Yates can provide an insight that our QB coach can't?

ICRockets
08-21-2017, 04:30 PM
If you think either of the examples you provided are useful in today's NFL, then you're a bigger idiot than even I thought. I didn't think that was possible.

Do you have anymore brilliant examples of how Yates can provide an insight that our QB coach can't?
There are countless hypothetical examples I could provide, but you won't accept a single one. Neither of us knows specifically what insight the coaches do or do not possess. Unless I'm mistaken, we agree that last year's staff was a bunch of incompetent clowns. What makes you particularly confident that the guys who hired them got it right this time? I know I'm hopeful that they did, but you're completely taking for granted the possibility that we have ****ty, stupid coaches.

feldspar
08-21-2017, 04:46 PM
Maybe Yates can teach Peterman the secret of sticking around the NFL for years when you aren't a very good player...

Of course we don't want Peterman to learn these types of things...

Lots and lots of QBs could probably have had more career longevity if they were forced to start so many games early in their career.

YardRat
08-21-2017, 05:04 PM
While I think it's certainly fair to point out that Boldin is not the player he used to be, it seems reasonable to me that he saw the events in Charlottesville as a call to action. Anybody with even a shred of ill will towards Anquan for fighting the good fight needs to choke on their white hood.
http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/08/anquan_boldin_says_he_retired_because_of_charlottesville_not_buffalo_bills.html

Anquan Boldin says he retired because of Charlottesville, not Buffalo Bills

Buckets
08-21-2017, 05:22 PM
Maybe we'll be able to find someone after final cuts????

Skooby
08-21-2017, 08:09 PM
http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/08/anquan_boldin_says_he_retired_because_of_charlottesville_not_buffalo_bills.html

Anquan Boldin says he retired because of Charlottesville, not Buffalo Bills

That and being warned of being cut, so why should he have stayed ?

Joe Fo Sho
08-22-2017, 07:38 AM
There are countless hypothetical examples I could provide, but you won't accept a single one.

Because they're all crap.

Neither of us knows specifically what insight the coaches do or do not possess. Unless I'm mistaken, we agree that last year's staff was a bunch of incompetent clowns. What makes you particularly confident that the guys who hired them got it right this time? I know I'm hopeful that they did, but you're completely taking for granted the possibility that we have ****ty, stupid coaches.

That was my original question that started this whole thing. I asked if our coaches were so bad that we couldn't develop a QB without the help of TJ 'the mastermind' Yates. Can you remember that?

Is that not what coaches are for? Do we have any of those?? Are they that bad that we can't develop a young quarterback without TJ friggin' Yates on this team???

If our coaches are terrible, then we've got bigger problems. TJ Yates is not going to be the difference between developing a NFL caliber QB and a scrub who'll be out of the league in 3 years.

ICRockets
08-22-2017, 07:44 AM
If our coaches are terrible, then we've got bigger problems. TJ Yates is not going to be the difference between developing a NFL caliber QB and a scrub who'll be out of the league in 3 years.

Where did I say otherwise? Remember, my contention in the thread you DESPERATELY want to prove me wrong about was purely that he has enough value not to cut in the middle of preseason. You realize that's a thing teams don't have to do anymore, right? The only cut is the cut to 53.

Joe Fo Sho
08-22-2017, 07:50 AM
Where did I say otherwise? Remember, my contention in the thread you DESPERATELY want to prove me wrong about was purely that he has enough value not to cut in the middle of preseason. You realize that's a thing teams don't have to do anymore, right? The only cut is the cut to 53.

TJ Yates and his 1 on 1 mentoring sessions with Peterman are worth nothing. Cut him.

ICRockets
08-22-2017, 07:53 AM
TJ Yates and his 1 on 1 mentoring sessions with Peterman are worth nothing. Cut him.

:rofl: What universe do you live in that you think aggressively impulsive roster decisions build championship-caliber teams?

Joe Fo Sho
08-22-2017, 07:59 AM
:rofl: What universe do you live in that you think aggressively impulsive roster decisions build championship-caliber teams?

No championship caliber team has ever cut their 3rd string QB during the preseason?

What universe do you live in that you think TJ Yates would be a valuable contributor to a championship team?

ICRockets
08-22-2017, 08:14 AM
What universe do you live in that you think TJ Yates would be a valuable contributor to a championship team?

If you're not going to at least TRY to use things I've actually said as the foundation for your responses, I'm going to be forced to assume you enjoy being ridiculed.

Joe Fo Sho
08-22-2017, 08:21 AM
If you're not going to at least TRY to use things I've actually said as the foundation for your responses, I'm going to be forced to assume you enjoy being ridiculed.

Pats cut Matt Flynn in mid-August, 2015

https://www.patspulpit.com/2015/8/10/9125895/patriots-cut-quarterback-matt-flynn

Pats trade Ryan Mallett on August 31st, 2014

http://www.espn.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/11443840/ryan-mallett-traded-new-england-patriots-houston-texans

Pats cut Brian Hoyer on August 31st, 2012

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/reports-patriots-cut-wr-deion-branch-ol-dan-koppen-qb-brian-hoyer/

The Falcons cut their 2015 2nd string QB on August 27, 2016.

http://www.espn.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/22091/atlanta-falcons-cut-sean-renfree-their-no2-quarterback-last-season

Then they cut Matt Simms a week later on Sept 3, 2016

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/09/03/qb-simms-rb-wilds-among-falcons-final-roster-cuts/89830242/

It took me all of 10 minutes to find real world examples that throw your argument right in the trash where it belongs.

ICRockets
08-22-2017, 09:12 AM
Pats cut Matt Flynn in mid-August, 2015

https://www.patspulpit.com/2015/8/10/9125895/patriots-cut-quarterback-matt-flynn

Pats trade Ryan Mallett on August 31st, 2014

http://www.espn.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/11443840/ryan-mallett-traded-new-england-patriots-houston-texans

Pats cut Brian Hoyer on August 31st, 2012

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/reports-patriots-cut-wr-deion-branch-ol-dan-koppen-qb-brian-hoyer/

The Falcons cut their 2015 2nd string QB on August 27, 2016.

http://www.espn.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/22091/atlanta-falcons-cut-sean-renfree-their-no2-quarterback-last-season

Then they cut Matt Simms a week later on Sept 3, 2016

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/09/03/qb-simms-rb-wilds-among-falcons-final-roster-cuts/89830242/

It took me all of 10 minutes to find real world examples that throw your argument right in the trash where it belongs.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You are such a ****ing idiot. I'm legitimately embarrassed for you, now.

Matt Flynn was cut because he was injured.

Ryan Mallett was TRADED, not cut.

Hoyer, Renfree, and Simms were all cut at roster deadlines.

Not a single one of those examples is the same as cutting Yates out of the blue. Be honest, did you even bother to read a single one of those links before posting?

Joe Fo Sho
08-22-2017, 09:38 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You are such a ****ing idiot. I'm legitimately embarrassed for you, now.

Matt Flynn was cut because he was injured.

Ryan Mallett was TRADED, not cut.

Hoyer, Renfree, and Simms were all cut at roster deadlines.

Not a single one of those examples is the same as cutting Yates out of the blue. Be honest, did you even bother to read a single one of those links before posting?

Cutting a worthless QB when you find out he's worthless is out of the blue?

You must be a bigger moron than everyone thought. You said that cutting Yates would be an 'aggressively impulsive roster decision' that championship caliber teams do. It's a list of 3rd string QBs who were cut/traded (cuz it's the same thing, as you lose the 'valuable' mentoring ability) around this time, which is something you said championship caliber teams don't do. You're a big dumb dummy, you big dumb dummy.

You act like cutting Yates today is so much different than cutting him in 2 weeks. It's the same thing, anyone who's not a big dumb dummy would know that.

But hey, that's 2 more weeks for Yates to tell Peterman more about how you have 4 downs to gain 10 yards, or that getting sacked is bad, or how when the play clock reaches 0 it's a delay a game, or how he should put his pants on 1 leg at a time.

Any other words of wisdom Yates could tell Peterman?

ICRockets
08-22-2017, 09:44 AM
Do you even have a point anymore besides making yourself look stupid?

Joe Fo Sho
08-22-2017, 09:52 AM
Do you even have a point anymore besides making yourself look stupid?

Just trying to figure out how Peterman has gotten this far in his career without a life coach like TJ Yates.

ICRockets
08-22-2017, 09:53 AM
Just trying to figure out how Peterman has gotten this far in his career without a life coach like TJ Yates.

So that would be a 'no', then.

Joe Fo Sho
08-22-2017, 10:00 AM
So that would be a 'no', then.

I guess so. I mean, clearly you don't know either.

Arm of Harm
08-22-2017, 10:17 AM
If you're throwing out prior stuff and looking just at preseason, Yates has not been our worst preseason QB. Not even close.

If you're taking prior NFL accomplishments into account, Yates' career average is 6.8 yards per attempt. That's better than Losman (6.6) or Trent Edwards (6.5), and should be plenty good enough for a 3rd string QB.

ICRockets
08-22-2017, 10:43 AM
If you're throwing out prior stuff and looking just at preseason, Yates has not been our worst preseason QB. Not even close.

If you're taking prior NFL accomplishments into account, Yates' career average is 6.8 yards per attempt. That's better than Losman (6.6) or Trent Edwards (6.5), and should be plenty good enough for a 3rd string QB.
The saddest part is, we're not even talking about his long-term viability as a clipboard holder. The debate is predicated entirely on whether or not we should cut him TODAY, and there's simply no good reason to do so.

Joe Fo Sho
08-22-2017, 11:44 AM
The saddest part is, we're not even talking about his long-term viability as a clipboard holder. The debate is predicated entirely on whether or not we should cut him TODAY, and there's simply no good reason to do so.

Yeah, we should have cut him yesterday.

feldspar
08-23-2017, 08:38 AM
Yates is a non-factor unless our first two options get hurt...then he'll play.

I can't really see any team picking him up too quickly if the Bills were to cut him right now.

He's just a safety net of sorts...a "whatever" kind of thing.

Arm of Harm
08-25-2017, 12:21 AM
I was bored, so I looked up Anquan Boldin's player stats (http://www.nfl.com/player/anquanboldin/2505587/profile) on NFL.com.

Over on the right side of the page, I noticed Bills-related news blurbs. Bills CB E.J. Gaines had an INT against Philly. Bills CB Greg Maybin stripped the ball away for another INT. And, since they were giving us favorable news items about guys named E.J. and Maybin, why not also throw in something positive about someone named Adolphus? Which they did: Adolphus Washington recovered a Philly fumble.

ICRockets
08-25-2017, 12:29 AM
I was bored, so I looked up Anquan Boldin's player stats (http://www.nfl.com/player/anquanboldin/2505587/profile) on NFL.com.

Over on the right side of the page, I noticed Bills-related news blurbs. Bills CB E.J. Gaines had an INT against Philly. Bills CB Greg Maybin stripped the ball away for another INT. And, since they were giving us favorable news items about guys named E.J. and Maybin, why not also throw in something positive about someone named Adolphus? Which they did: Adolphus Washington recovered a Philly fumble.

Who was our bad previous Adolphus? I'm drawing a blank on the connection.

Arm of Harm
08-25-2017, 08:08 AM

I don't think that any bad previous Adolphus played for the Bills. Nonetheless, the name carries mildly negative connotations, at least for some.

JoeMama
08-25-2017, 10:00 AM
Let's see, if I'm Anquan Boldin, do I sacrifice my health as a soon-to-be 37 y/o receiver to play for a team that's purposely tanking, or do I walk away into the sunset knowing I'm a possible HOFer and become an advocate for human rights?

Seems an easy choice for me.

Kudos to AB!

sukie
08-25-2017, 02:20 PM
Let's see, if I'm Anquan Boldin, do I sacrifice my health as a soon-to-be 37 y/o receiver to play for a team that's purposely tanking, or do I walk away into the sunset knowing I'm a possible HOFer and become an advocate for human rights?

Seems an easy choice for me.

Kudos to AB!

HOF accolades (coming anyway) and non paying advocacy or millions in cash??? What to do?

JoeMama
08-25-2017, 03:13 PM
HOF accolades (coming anyway) and non paying advocacy or millions in cash??? What to do?

Why take a beating, risk a neck or spine injury, a concussion, etc, for a dumpster fire rebuilding team when you're in your late thirties and you're already a millionaire ten times over?

If I'm some aging millionaire athlete, no way to I play for this team on a measly one year deal. I'm already rich, what do I care?

YardRat
08-25-2017, 06:53 PM
Has a ring, too, so the resume is pretty complete.

- - - Updated - - -

Adolphus Williams. Duh.