PDA

View Full Version : McCoy says Kaepernick not worth the distraction

BillyT92679
08-24-2017, 01:04 PM
http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/08/buffalo_bills_rb_lesean_mccoy_says_colin_kaepernick_isnt_worth_the_distraction.html

OpIv37
08-24-2017, 01:06 PM
Funny how he calls people out for repeating what they heard then parrots the all too common line about Kap's play not being good enough to be worth the distraction.

Joe Fo Sho
08-24-2017, 01:37 PM
Funny how he calls people out for repeating what they heard then parrots the all too common line about Kap's play not being good enough to be worth the distraction.

Well, when you're right you're right.

Bill Cody
08-24-2017, 03:03 PM

Why is he "parroting"? Couldn't he actually just think that? I happen to agree with him and I'm no parrot <shrug>

Albany,n.y.
08-24-2017, 03:25 PM
I think he stated it very well. A guy who was in a battle for a starting job with Blaine Gabbert & lost it at one point isn't really worth very much if a distraction comes with him. The people who don't know much about the NFL are his loudest supporters. I had a relative post that he's being unfairly blackballed on facebook & she knows nothing about the NFL.

OpIv37
08-24-2017, 03:47 PM
Why is he "parroting"? Couldn't he actually just think that? I happen to agree with him and I'm no parrot <shrug>

Well that would be the point.

He called people out for repeating what they hear, but then his opinion is also similar to other people.

So, either he's doing the same thing he accused others of, or he's assuming other people are just repeating what they hear when he doesn't want that assumption made about himself. It's doublespeak either way.

Goobylal
08-24-2017, 04:15 PM
How do you figure he's parroting? He said he's not a good player and he's a distraction. He can easily determine both of those things on his own.

WagonCircler
08-24-2017, 04:49 PM
http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/08/buffalo_bills_rb_lesean_mccoy_says_colin_kaepernick_isnt_worth_the_distraction.html

That's it. I'm buying a McCoy jersey.

Oaf
08-24-2017, 05:07 PM
I can see why he liked playing for Rex.

Still a McCoy fan, but not a fan of publicly disparaging other players.

YardRat
08-24-2017, 05:18 PM
McCoy didn't say anything different than what many others have been saying, including myself.

SpikedLemonade
08-24-2017, 05:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqH_0LPVoho

OpIv37
08-24-2017, 05:39 PM
How do you figure he's parroting? He said he's not a good player and he's a distraction. He can easily determine both of those things on his own.
But when other people said that, he accused them of just repeating what they heard.

So once again, which is it? His opinion is the same as many others, but when other people have opinions that are similar to each other, he complains that they are repeating what they hear. If he's not parroting, what gives him the right to assume that others are when he can't possibly know for sure?

BertSquirtgum
08-24-2017, 06:14 PM
But when other people said that, he accused them of just repeating what they heard.

So once again, which is it? His opinion is the same as many others, but when other people have opinions that are similar to each other, he complains that they are repeating what they hear. If he's not parroting, what gives him the right to assume that others are when he can't possibly know for sure?

Oh my God. Shut up

Night Train
08-24-2017, 06:24 PM
McCoy is right. I have zero issue with what he said.

ICRockets
08-24-2017, 06:25 PM

No? Tell me, O Original One: what are your thoughts on voting 3rd party?

BillsImpossible
08-24-2017, 06:58 PM
The main reason why Kaepernick has not been signed is because he puts himself ahead of any team.

Any team that signs him would suffer from the media circus. All of the attention would be focused on him.

His teammates would be asked about him ad nauseam. Kaepernick would be a gigantic distraction.

Not worth it. Shady nailed it.

Turf
08-24-2017, 07:16 PM
McCoy was honest and he's right. Is it OK to be real and not politically correct and pandering to the small select group that doesn't represent the whole? Everyone is so ****ing controlled b the media its sickening. Good job Shady. Jim Brown agrees with you among me and many others.

Turf
08-24-2017, 07:17 PM
In fact you can blame the finger pointing media by blowing it up and making such as issue out of it. It's their fault he doesn't have a job.

feldspar
08-24-2017, 07:27 PM
Nothing to see here...

Skooby
08-24-2017, 07:32 PM
Nothing to see here...

Agreed, Shady is calling it like it is.

OpIv37
08-24-2017, 07:33 PM
Oh my God. Shut up

Not my fault he contradicted himself.

feldspar
08-24-2017, 07:34 PM
Not my fault he contradicted himself.

It's your fault you're a hump.

And if someone else thinks your a hump, well then I just must be parroting them by saying so...

SpikedLemonade
08-24-2017, 08:38 PM

And if someone else thinks your a hump, well then I just must be parroting them by saying so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W91sqAs-_-g

OpIv37
08-24-2017, 08:52 PM

"Waaaah! the guy I like said something hypocritical and Op called him out on it!"

ParanoidAndroid
08-24-2017, 09:22 PM
It's only a distraction to people who allow themselves to be easily distracted. The whole thing was blown way out of proportion because some whiners didn't like what he was doing. Give me a break.

Arm of Harm
08-24-2017, 11:47 PM
It's possible Kaepernick outplayed Gabbert, but that's something which could be argued either way. (https://www.ninersnation.com/2016/11/23/13698686/comparing-colin-kaepernick-blaine-gabbert-through-five-starts)

Blaine Gabbert signed a one year contract (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/blaine-gabbert-7725/) for 2017, for $900,000. Gabbert is a seven year vet, so that contract is the bare minimum (http://www.spotrac.com/blog/nfl-minimum-salaries-for-2017/) he's allowed to receive. This is the kind of contract you sign when you're barely hanging on, by the skin of your teeth, to your place in the NFL. A "barely hanging on" contract like that is clearly the very most Gabbert deserves. Given that Kaepernick and Gabbert provided roughly equal levels of play in their QB competition for 2016, this is also the type of deal Kaepernick should hope to receive, if he's lucky. Players in that position are not always lucky, as Trent Edwards and J.P. Losman discovered when they found themselves unable to secure roster spots, during what should have been the primes of their careers.

Is the national anthem thing playing a role in Kaepernick's joblessness? Yes, quite possibly it is. But even if he hadn't drawn any attention to himself, it's very possible he'd still find himself in exactly the situation he's in now. Anyone who can't dominate Blaine Gabbert in a QB competition has absolutely zero reason to feel secure in his chances of making someone's final roster cut. Quite frankly, it's dumbfounding that Gabbert himself has managed to remain in the league as long as he has.

Skooby
08-24-2017, 11:55 PM
Colin said we treated him the worst here in Buffalo, so I doubt he's pining to come back.

Generalissimus Gibby
08-25-2017, 12:56 AM
Are we really sure Kaep isn't just being Tebowed? That is made into a sensation when really all he did was kneel during the anthem as a backup an on a **** team? I mean who started the frenzy, him or the press?

HHURRICANE
08-25-2017, 04:12 AM
The best quote I heard was from a comedian. "You can protest as long as your completing passes and scoring touchdowns!"

YardRat
08-25-2017, 05:40 AM
The much bigger issue that needs to be determined---is James Lofton Kap's baby daddy?

SpikedLemonade
08-25-2017, 06:17 AM
The much bigger issue that needs to be determined---is James Lofton Kap's baby daddy?

Who knows?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzqFmXZ8tOE

WagonCircler
08-25-2017, 07:04 AM
Colin said we treated him the worst here in Buffalo, so I doubt he's pining to come back.

I'm very proud of that

SpikedLemonade
08-25-2017, 07:14 AM
I'm very proud of that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46Ive-dRXVo

ticatfan
08-25-2017, 11:01 AM
The main reason why Kaepernick has not been signed is because he puts himself ahead of any team.

Any team that signs him would suffer from the media circus. All of the attention would be focused on him.

His teammates would be asked about him ad nauseam. Kaepernick would be a gigantic distraction.

Not worth it. Shady nailed it.Then he should walk away ,try the CFL if he wants to play football.

swiper
08-25-2017, 11:50 AM
That's it. I'm buying a McCoy jersey.

McCoy's comments on Kaepernick make no sense (http://www.nbcsports.com/video/bills-lesean-mccoy-contradicts-himself-colin-kaepernick-comments?ls=pftvod)

BertSquirtgum
08-25-2017, 11:54 AM
Leave it to the media to stick up for the boy.

swiper
08-25-2017, 12:08 PM
Leave it to the media to stick up for the boy.

Only stupid, ****** Republicans try to force others to do what they expect they should do. Worry about yourself. Don't worry about anybody else unless they are harming others.

Never was a Kapernick fan from Day #1. But those people, like you, raging against him for not standing during the anthem are just dumb ****s.

WagonCircler
08-25-2017, 12:17 PM
McCoy's comments on Kaepernick make no sense (http://www.nbcsports.com/video/bills-lesean-mccoy-contradicts-himself-colin-kaepernick-comments?ls=pftvod)

I'll distill it down for you:

Kaepernick sucks + the vast majority of Bills fans detest him = He is NEVER coming here.

swiper
08-25-2017, 12:19 PM
I'll distill it down for you:

Kaepernick sucks + the vast majority of Bills fans detest him = He is NEVER coming here.

Well he's not the answer at QB for any team. I think he must realize that by now.

WagonCircler
08-25-2017, 12:19 PM
Only stupid, ****** Republicans try to force others to do what they expect they should do. Worry about yourself. Don't worry about anybody else unless they are harming others.

Never was a Kapernick fan from Day #1. But those people, like you, raging against him for not standing during the anthem are just dumb ****s.

Are you KIDDING ME? Leftists in California are proposing legislation that would carry JAIL TIME for anyone who calls someone by other than their preferred gender pronoun!!!!

BTW, Kaepernick wore PIG socks to piss all over police officers. He's a huge fan of mass murderer Fidel Castro and wore a t-shirt with his image IN ****ING MIAMI.

COLON Kaepernick is human filth. That's why you lefties love him.

Thurmal
08-25-2017, 01:14 PM
It says a lot when a guy who is just a year removed from an actual brawl with police officers thinks your protest against police brutality is stupid.

BertSquirtgum
08-25-2017, 02:00 PM

Wow, you are such an ignorant clown. You're only here for others amusement.

feldspar
08-25-2017, 02:35 PM
It says a lot when a guy who is just a year removed from an actual brawl with police officers thinks your protest against police brutality is stupid.

You're wrong on so many levels, I wouldn't even know where to begin...

Goobylal
08-25-2017, 03:51 PM

I don't recall him making those comments. Please give me a link.

swiper
08-25-2017, 04:31 PM
Are you KIDDING ME? Leftists in California are proposing legislation that would carry JAIL TIME for anyone who calls someone by other than their preferred gender pronoun!!!!

BTW, Kaepernick wore PIG socks to piss all over police officers. He's a huge fan of mass murderer Fidel Castro and wore a t-shirt with his image IN ****ING MIAMI.

COLON Kaepernick is human filth. That's why you lefties love him.

I don't care about his politics, which you are clearly overstating. If he's a good football player I would care more about him. I really don't care anything about him one way or another, because he's not a good QB. But you people that are all tight wound over his politics have issues. Who cares?

swiper
08-25-2017, 04:32 PM
Wow, you are such an ignorant clown. You're only here for others amusement.

You're the one with the ****** avatar. It fits you well.

YardRat
08-25-2017, 05:30 PM
lol...c'mon, try and be sensible...the same men that will hire an ex-con, dog killer, child-abuser, wife beater, etc etc won't hire a non-flag-stander. Yeah, right.

WagonCircler
08-26-2017, 01:59 AM
lol...c'mon, try and be sensible...the same men that will hire an ex-con, dog killer, child-abuser, wife beater, etc etc won't hire a non-flag-stander. Yeah, right.

I said it before and Ii'll say it again. Marshawn Lynch also knelt for the anthem. And he ran a girl down on Chippewa and fled. But he has a job, because he has talent.

If Kaepernick's talent was enough to overcome his asshattery, he'd have a job. But he sucks. So he doesn't.

SpikedLemonade
08-26-2017, 02:08 AM
What is lost in this is that Kaep waived his contract because he thought he was worth more money.

He rolled the dice.

He lost.

swiper
08-26-2017, 05:22 AM
I said it before and Ii'll say it again. Marshawn Lynch also knelt for the anthem. And he ran a girl down on Chippewa and fled. But he has a job, because he has talent.

If Kaepernick's talent was enough to overcome his asshattery, he'd have a job. But he sucks. So he doesn't.

It's this and/or that he expects too much money. I never really bought that his "asshattery" was keeping him out of the job market.

Arm of Harm
08-26-2017, 09:31 AM
What is lost in this is that Kaep waived his contract because he thought he was worth more money.

He rolled the dice.

He lost.

Yeah, there's also that. Even if the lack of interest has caused him to now have a more realistic assessment of his market worth, I'm guessing that whatever opportunities may have existed have dried up. Teams have committed to their backup and third string QBs, and those QBs are well on their way to learning their new offenses. If a team replaced an existing QB with Kaepernick, they'd be losing a guy who's well on his way toward learning the offense, and replacing him with a guy who'd be starting from square one.

Albany,n.y.
08-26-2017, 09:48 AM

He rolled the dice.

He lost.
That's twisting the real story into a pretzel.

Kaepernick had an injury guarantee clause in his contract. As a result, the 49ers were not risking the guarantee kicking in & had him nailed to the bench. Also, there was no way they were going to keep him beyond 2016, since his contract was way too much for him to come back in 2017. So, Kaepernick had 2 choices 1) don't waive the injury guarantee clause and the rest of his contract & hit free agency in 2017 with no chance of playing in 2016. 2) waive the rest of the contract & the injury guarantee & get some playing time in 2016 before hitting free agency. He chose #2.

The 49ers had Kaep in a heads we win tails you lose situation. He thought it was better to actually play some in what was obvious to everyone was his last year in SF.

swiper
08-26-2017, 10:18 AM
At this point, I thought it was worth looking at his stats. Kaepernick has a 60% career completion percentage for a 7.3 yard average gain. 12, 271 total yards passed for. 72 TDs. 30 INTs. And he can run. So he's not a terrible player. He had somewhat of a precipitous drop-off. Some here want to blame that on Greg Roman's leaving, but that isn't true because the drop-off started in 2013/2014 while Roman was still there. It's well documented. Then the QB got rattled by folks suddenly questioning his ability. Now with his "ass-hattery" he may never get a team's full support like that again. He ruined his own career by kneeling.

I don't really care about any supposed symbolism regarding his kneeling during the anthem. What I can't understand is how he didn't realize that so many fans would care. And that doing that while he was struggling clearly wasn't a good decision. He really shot himself in the foot. On the other hand, he grabbed a lot of money on the way out the door.

http://www.nfl.com/player/colinkaepernick/2495186/careerstats (http://www.nfl.com/player/colinkaepernick/2495186/careerstats)