X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endzone
    • Dec 2016

It makes me sick to see ex-Bills with the PATS

Hogan, Branch, Gilmore & Gillislee. Under a solid NFL organization with good coaching and a great QB they all look like STARS! They weren't STARS in Buffalo and it hurts! All expendable as a Bill for various reasons.

Take a hard look at Western NY including our economy, population, wealth, quality of life, weather and much more. We're a 3rd class city in the NFL. Players don't want to hang-out at canal side or party in the quaint restaurants in the suburbs.

Players don't want to play here. It's a fact of life. The Bills draft them and if they're very good they leave after 4 seasons unless the team grossly over pays them.

Eric Wood is a very average Center in the NFL. He doesn't have the strength to dominate the line of scrimmage. His assets are a cute face, curly hair and he talks to the press. The Bills gave him a 2nd contract with a $9 signing bonus and $14.5 mil in guaranteed money. He IS a big part of the Bills OL and team problem. The Bills Management doesn't get that at all.

It's a sad situation that isn't going to improve. I love the Bills! I watch every game.
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: It makes me sick to see ex-Bills with the PATS

It's sickening.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

'Cute face'? WTF ??
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Swiper
        • Sep 2010

In other news, 3 of the top 6 Eagles tacklers last night are recent Buffalo Bills:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400951803

TACKLES

TOT SOLO SACKS TFL PD QB HTS TD
        Ronald Darby 4 3 0 0 1 0 0
        Kamu Grugier-Hill 3 3 0 0 0 0 0
        Nigel Bradham 3 2 0 0 0 0 0
        Joe Walker 3 2 0 1 0 1 0
        Elijah Qualls 3 1 0.5 0 0 1 0
        Corey Graham 2 2 0 0 0 0 0
        Chris Long 2 2
        Last edited by swiper; 08-26-2017, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• GreedoII
          • Aug 2007

Tom Brady.....that's it....end of thread.

Comment

• sudzy
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by GreedoII View Post
            Tom Brady.....that's it....end of thread.
            Bill Belichick! All you fans, that think this will end when Brady retires, are in for a rude awaking.

Comment

• Swiper
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
              Bill Belichick! All you fans, that think this will end when Brady retires, are in for a rude awaking.
              All you have to do is recall the 11-5 record he got with Matt Cassel at the helm for a good portion.
              Last edited by swiper; 08-26-2017, 07:07 AM.

Comment

• kishoph
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
                I have to agree, Belichick is the biggest part of their success. One thing that caught my attention in the Pats game yesterday was the tackle Gilmore made. It was a nice open field tackle, but afterwards Gilmore got up and walked to the sidelines, there was none of the showboating jumping around like most cornerbacks after even the most routine play. This is an attitude of team and not look at me. An attitude that helps make a winner.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                  • Jul 2007

The Bills have made the necessary changes. YOU NEED Patience my friend .We all hate what has happened here.

Fans need to get over the long drought of 17 years and stop whining about it.

I feel your pain..
                  Last edited by Wally The Barber; 08-26-2017, 08:37 AM.
                  Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Arm of Harm
                    • Dec 2015

Green Bay is also a small market team. I can't think of very many things one could do in Green Bay that you can't do in Buffalo.

But unlike the Bills, the Packers are considered one of the better teams in the league. They're a team you normally expect to make the playoffs, and to be a real threat to win playoff games once they get in. Their QB, Aaron Rodgers, owns a Super Bowl ring. It's not a perfect example, because a QB as good as him certainly should have more than one ring by now. But this does demonstrate that you can build a good football team in a small market city. Much like the Bills did when we had Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, and Andre Reed.

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

It could be anyone from any team. No one is a star and they're all just role players.

Comment

• Swiper
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Arm of Harm View Post
                        Green Bay is also a small market team. I can't think of very many things one could do in Green Bay that you can't do in Buffalo.

But unlike the Bills, the Packers are considered one of the better teams in the league. They're a team you normally expect to make the playoffs, and to be a real threat to win playoff games once they get in. Their QB, Aaron Rodgers, owns a Super Bowl ring. It's not a perfect example, because a QB as good as him certainly should have more than one ring by now. But this does demonstrate that you can build a good football team in a small market city. Much like the Bills did when we had Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, and Andre Reed.
                        I've said the same for years. Pittsburgh too. But then there are cities like Buffalo, Cleveland, and Detroit. IDK. The coaching staff either teaches a winning attitude or it doesn't. And I think a coach has to be around longer than 3 seasons to really do it too much.

The coaches have to show enough improvement over that time to get more time. But it really all comes down to having a viable QB. Favre, Rodgers. Bledsoe, Brady. Like that.
                        Last edited by swiper; 08-26-2017, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Swiper
                          • Sep 2010

I think the hardest ex-Bill to watch over there for me is Alan Branch. He is their starting DT. The Bills couldn't seem to motivate him. But the Patriots have. He's the ex-Bill with the most tenure over there I believe also.

Comment

• endzone
                            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Arm of Harm View Post

The Bills built a solid team BEFORE free-agency. That's why Kelly, Smith and Thomas stayed in Buffalo - they had to!

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by endzone View Post
                              The Bills built a solid team BEFORE free-agency. That's why Kelly, Smith and Thomas stayed in Buffalo - they had to!
                              The team could have declined to match Denver's offer to Bruce, and he would have been gone.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X