• alohabillsfan
    • Sep 2003

Peterman

I feel bad for him, he could be a good QB on just about any competent team
  • ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

Re: Peterman

If he is legit, he will make this team competent. We will know by the end of the season if we need to draft a qb in round 1, or start getting him some weapons and an Oline.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• alohabillsfan
      • Sep 2003

Oline can't even line up correctly .. losing confidence in coaching staff

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

I'm not sold on Peterman but can't write him off either. He's not where he needs to be, but isn't outclassed like most of the maybe's we pretend to hope for, really knowing better. He doesn't dazzle, but isn't afraid not to, and really shouldn't either be afraid or dazzle. The penalties and unfamiliarity are obvious issues with the offense, but realistically if he has "it", he'll elevate the team as it goes. Too early to know, but I'm happy enough with what I see from him atm. The team is not a contender, they can afford to find out how he develops.

I think he's going to become a competent QB, starter or backup, and that means we now have one of either not to worry about in the long haul which we should expect is meant to be a purposeful long haul this time.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

He's better than Tyrod as a passer.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mace
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
            Yes. And his throwing issues look less hm, permanent. I mean too many batted balls and timing issues, but those are reaction and pace. He's unafraid in the pocket, and completes some good throws in small windows. For a 5th round rookie, it shows he has some game to offer, though how much I sure don't know, and it's hard not to be skeptical.

He's not lost, he's learning, which is a subtle thing, but at least more progress than we usually see from prospect QB's who are both lost and learning. I dunno. Solid maybe.

Comment

• BLUTO
              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Mace View Post
              Yes. And his throwing issues look less hm, permanent. I mean too many batted balls and timing issues, but those are reaction and pace. He's unafraid in the pocket, and completes some good throws in small windows. For a 5th round rookie, it shows he has some game to offer, though how much I sure don't know, and it's hard not to be skeptical.

He's not lost, he's learning, which is a subtle thing, but at least more progress than we usually see from prospect QB's who are both lost and learning. I dunno. Solid maybe.
              I like his style!

Comment

• Mace
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by BLUTO View Post
                I like his style!
                Heh.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Trade Tyrod, bring in Kapernick, start the rookie. Don't play McCoy week one against the Jets and let's lock down the draft.

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

I was impressed with him. He's a rookie who was thrust into the game early without starter's reps, behind crap pass blocking and no running game, against a good defense on the road. He had: 4 passes batted down, which is mostly on the Oline; several great throws called back because of stupid penalties; drives killed because of holding calls; and some passes dropped.

To my eyes, he's already a better passer than TT and if TT is out awhile, I start him and see what he's got because TT isn't a franchise QB and I'd love to be able to use those picks next year shoring up other areas.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

IMO the batted passes (Nate's from last nite, anyway) are on the QB, not the oline. If the passing lane isn't there, the QB has to adjust a split-second and wait for it to be there instead of trying to throw the ball through two bodies. Timing is crucial on many plays.patterns, but not written in stone to the millisecond. An experienced QB would pull the trigger a hair later.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• jills
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                        My nephew is better than Tyrod as a passer.. did I mention he doesn't play football?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jills View Post
                          My nephew is better than Tyrod as a passer.. did I mention he doesn't play football?
                          I meant pocket passer. TT has a great deep ball. He's JP without cojones
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Arm of Harm
                            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                            I was impressed with him. He's a rookie who was thrust into the game early without starter's reps, behind crap pass blocking and no running game, against a good defense on the road. He had: 4 passes batted down, which is mostly on the Oline; several great throws called back because of stupid penalties; drives killed because of holding calls; and some passes dropped.

To my eyes, he's already a better passer than TT and if TT is out awhile, I start him and see what he's got because TT isn't a franchise QB and I'd love to be able to use those picks next year shoring up other areas.
                            At this point Peterman is a fifth round pick and a rookie. His preseason play has been better than Yates or Tyrod, but that's not saying much. Thus far he's looked like a guy on the road to becoming a solid backup, but not more than that.

Fast forward to the first round of upcoming draft. The Bills are on the clock. There's a quarterback available whom the Bills really like. They think he could be the answer. What does Peterman need to do between now and then for the Bills to not pull the trigger on that QB?

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Arm of Harm View Post
                              At this point Peterman is a fifth round pick and a rookie. His preseason play has been better than Yates or Tyrod, but that's not saying much. Thus far he's looked like a guy on the road to becoming a solid backup, but not more than that.

Fast forward to the first round of upcoming draft. The Bills are on the clock. There's a quarterback available whom the Bills really like. They think he could be the answer. What does Peterman need to do between now and then for the Bills to not pull the trigger on that QB?
                              We'll have to agree to disagree over what Peterman has shown. He's a rookie so he's green, but given the situation he was put in last night, I think there is a lot to be excited about, even more so if the OL and WR situations can be upgraded.

As for the upcoming draft, there are several top prospects who have eligibility remaining and could go back to school, especially if they see Buffalo sitting at the top. And there is no sure-fire player coming out (I'd have to see how Darnold, and the others, do this year).

Comment

Working...
                              X