PDA

View Full Version : TT's Injury Provides the Bills with the Opportunity to Start Perterman

SpikedLemonade
08-26-2017, 10:21 PM
Use TT's injury as an excuse and simply start Peterman.

Yates is just a waste of time.

stuckincincy
08-26-2017, 10:36 PM
NYJ would absolutely love to see him start come the opener.

SpikedLemonade
08-26-2017, 10:38 PM
Why?

Skooby
08-26-2017, 10:45 PM
Use TT's injury as an excuse and simply start Peterman.

Yates is just a waste of time.

I fully agree, TT found a way out while still getting paid. Time for a trade.

BillsImpossible
08-27-2017, 01:00 AM
When Peterman replaced Taylor tonight, I saw an improvement in QB play.

Taylor holds on to the ball too long, Peterman throws it.

Concussions are different for every player.

That tackle on Tyrod Taylor made him fall back in a way that made his helmet bounce off the turf.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NL71Jhrg0Ls" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He held on to the ball too long, ducked, and got slammed backwards.

Peterman could very well be the starter in Week 1.

Remember Kevin Kolb?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9600221/concussion-kevin-kolb-buffalo-bills-threatens-career-source-says

Mace
08-27-2017, 01:13 AM
I guess, hopes or not, it all looks feeble to me, so I'm looking down the road again, better or worse.

BillsImpossible
08-27-2017, 01:32 AM
I guess, hopes or not, it all looks feeble to me, so I'm looking down the road again, better or worse.

That hit on Tyrod Taylor tonight could have fast forwarded the eventual outcome.

I don't think Taylor can recover from a blow to his head like that in only 14 days.

Spiked is right, this injury to Taylor provides the Bills with every reason to start Peterman.

I think the rookie starts Week 1 against the Jets.

swiper
08-27-2017, 04:40 AM
Peterman was not great, but was clearly the best QB on the roster last night.

YardRat
08-27-2017, 06:13 AM
Personally I wouldn't mind the switch...Peterman's floor is about = to Taylor's ceiling right now, so why not.

However, as far as the rest of the players and the dynamics of team-building I think TT has to prove once and for all that he's not the guy moving forward, and Nate might be. Taylor needs to play until the guys around him start getting convinced the change needs to be made and that change has be based on performance not a minor injury being used as an excuse.

SpikedLemonade
08-27-2017, 06:14 AM

Without a doubt.

sudzy
08-27-2017, 06:37 AM

And the pre-season. I can't help thinking of Frank Reich when watching him. He can do enough to win a game or two. But, a season? I don't see anything real spectacular in him. I hope the Bills are still targeting their start in next years draft.

Night Train
08-27-2017, 07:01 AM
11 of 23 for 93 yards and a 58.8 passer rating. 2 near INT's

Celebrate

Night Train
08-27-2017, 07:10 AM
When did Peterman morph into Flutie with all the batted down balls ?

kishoph
08-27-2017, 07:38 AM

Celebrate

What's a "near int." ? If you 're gonna count "near int's" why not count near receptions, or count the drops, or receptions that were called back because of penalties ?
Peterman has been far from perfect, but he is attempting/making throws that we have not seen enough of in the past couple of years. He is also a rookie seeing his 3rd partial game of NFL action.
If you look at stats, Peterman is right in line with other rookies, 1st round pick Deshaun Watson and 2nd round pick Deshone Kizer, all have very similar stats.
Bottom line is Peterman looks like he has a grasp of this offense and has been able to move it at times, while the incumbent has looked like he is clueless out there and has not once this preseason shown anything to prove that he is capable of running this offense.

Novacane
08-27-2017, 07:39 AM

I doubt they are worried about facing TT either.

YardRat
08-27-2017, 08:55 AM

Celebrate

The sad thing is, it's relative...he isn't doing any worse than Tyrod.

kgun12
08-27-2017, 09:03 AM

Celebrate

Championship!!!

He's a 5th round draft choice with 5th round talent and without the guidance many on this boards golden gods Reid and Belichick and you really think he's the answer. I'm not say TT is the long term answer, but at this point either is Peterman. If there is any potential to be a starter in this league, why would we throw him to the wolves a wreak this kid? If tanking is the goal than yes go with Peterman.

Arm of Harm
08-27-2017, 09:17 AM
Personally I wouldn't mind the switch...Peterman's floor is about = to Taylor's ceiling right now, so why not.

However, as far as the rest of the players and the dynamics of team-building I think TT has to prove once and for all that he's not the guy moving forward, and Nate might be. Taylor needs to play until the guys around him start getting convinced the change needs to be made and that change has be based on performance not a minor injury being used as an excuse.

I can't argue with any of this. Also, Tyrod Taylor is currently playing at a worse level than not only Peterman, but also Yates. If the goal is to tank, you obviously want your worst QB starting as many games as possible. Right now that worst QB is Tyrod Taylor.

While Peterman represents a clear and obvious upgrade over Taylor, odds are he isn't the long-term answer at starter. So the Bills shouldn't just be thinking in terms of tanking. They should be tanking for the specific purpose of drafting an elite QB early in the draft.

Skooby
08-27-2017, 09:20 AM
Peterman makes better throws than anyone we have on team, this isn't a play because your parents are rich league this is the NFL. Field the best talent, win more is the goal.

Nathan just started, so you guys thinking you know his ceiling is a complete joke.

SpikedLemonade
08-27-2017, 09:30 AM
Peterman makes better throws than anyone we have on team, this isn't a play because your parents are rich league this is the NFL. Field the best talent, win more is the goal.

Nathan just started, so you guys thinking you know his ceiling is a complete joke.

Throw him in and let's see what we got.

3-13.

cookie G
08-27-2017, 09:41 AM
The offense scored 400 pts in 2016 and around 380 in 2015.

If they score less, they've failed.

Simple as that.

alohabillsfan
08-27-2017, 09:52 AM
In all fairness, the defense did very little to even slow down the opposition, giving the offense plenty of chances. LOL. I think the best solution is to go forward with Peterman, see if he develops along the season. I would still draft another QB, but it sure would be nice to build a wall for any QB!

YardRat
08-27-2017, 09:53 AM
Well, #1 no it isn't that simple, and #2 it's inaccurate anyway because you're using total scoring, not offensive scoring.

Scumbag College
08-27-2017, 10:06 AM
I don't think too many QBs could succeed with the garbage OL play that we've seen so far from the Bills this preseason. Couple that with the WR changes the past few weeks and playing with his third offensive coordinator in three seasons, Tyrod hasn't been given the best opportunity to do well.

I think given better OL play, with some more WR talent, and continuity with personnel and schemes Tyrod could be a QB that sneaks this team into the playoffs. But if eventually the franchise wants to be an annual SB contender again, they need a franchise QB. Maybe after 17+ years of disappointment, the sun shined on this dog's ass finally with this Peterman kid and he's "The Guy." It's a long shot, but I say we see what he can do.

cookie G
08-27-2017, 10:14 AM
Well, #1 no it isn't that simple,

Yes, it is.

and #2 it's inaccurate anyway because you're using total scoring, not offensive scoring.

They scored 3 defensive touchdowns and 0 special teams TD's in 2016. Ditto for 2015.

the 2014 team scored 1 defensive touchdown and 2 special teams TDs.

What's your point?

YardRat
08-27-2017, 10:24 AM
Yes, it is.

They scored 3 defensive touchdowns and 0 special teams TD's in 2016. Ditto for 2015.

the 2014 team scored 1 defensive touchdown and 2 special teams TDs.

What's your point?

The obvious point is if the offense scores 382 in 2017 it's not less, and not a failure.

The bigger picture, of course, is the offense could score fewer points and be more successful.

cookie G
08-27-2017, 10:30 AM
The obvious point is if the offense scores 382 in 2017 it's not less, and not a failure.

And if the offense scores 320?

The bigger picture, of course, is the offense could score fewer points and be more successful.

In which way?

YardRat
08-27-2017, 10:39 AM
And if the offense scores 320?

In which way?

Depends. If the offense puts up fewer points using a greater time of possession and ball control, commits fewer turnovers, and helps the defense stay fresh and on long fields that leads to more wins...that's not a 'failure'.

Indianapolis scored 411 points last season...Kansas City 389...only a simpleton would conclude from those numbers that the Colt's offense was 'more successful' than the Chiefs.

jills
08-27-2017, 10:51 AM
At this point we should ask McCoy to start throwing, he can't be worse than TT/Peterman

cookie G
08-27-2017, 11:00 AM
Depends. If the offense puts up fewer points using a greater time of possession and ball control, commits fewer turnovers,

Last year's offense set a franchise record, (I think) for the fewest turnovers committed.

and helps the defense stay fresh and on long fields that leads to more wins...that's not a 'failure'.

That is so Dick Jauronish.

Now, if the defense improves over the past 2, as people believe it will...wouldn't that provide the offense more of an opportunity to score?

Indianapolis scored 411 points last season...Kansas City 389...only a simpleton would conclude from those numbers that the Colt's offense was 'more successful' than the Chiefs.

The Colts failure to make the playoffs wasnt' due to their offense. Their defense gave up nearly 400 pts, or 80 more than the Chief's D.

Kenny
08-27-2017, 11:19 AM
Our offense wasnt the problem last year. Far from perfect, good enough. TT isnt a classic dropback passer. So when you have a vanilla offense he's gonna look like crap in the preseason. Fully expected when the season started, naked roll outs, a lot of scrambling, etc... no different than the past two years. We would have scored points.

But if our defense showed up, it would have been a much different year.

YardRat
08-27-2017, 11:23 AM
Last year's offense set a franchise record, (I think) for the fewest turnovers committed.

Maybe...I think they had a shot at the league record. That doesn't mean that fewer can't be committed again.

That is so Dick Jauronish.

Except my point actually involved scoring...Jauron, not so much.

Now, if the defense improves over the past 2, as people believe it will...wouldn't that provide the offense more of an opportunity to score?

LOL...not necessarily. Think about that for a second...

The Colts failure to make the playoffs wasnt' due to their offense. Their defense gave up nearly 400 pts, or 80 more than the Chief's D.

Nobody said it was. Nobody was discussing playoffs. Your 'simple' point was relative to points scored and success vs failure of the offense. "It's that simple." I'll reiterate...regardless of defense, playoffs or any other factors, just using your initial premise...Indy scored more points than KC last season, and anybody that believes that 'simply' indicates the Colts offense was 'more successful' than the Chiefs is a simpleton.

You know I'm right. You know you agree with me. You just don't want to admit it now.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
08-27-2017, 11:27 AM
Meat-n-taterman!

kgun12
08-27-2017, 11:51 AM
The offense scored 400 pts in 2016 and around 380 in 2015.

If they score less, they've failed.

Simple as that.

Hey cookie, who was the QB the last two years? Oh yeah, TT.

cookie G
08-27-2017, 12:06 PM
Maybe...I think they had a shot at the league record. That doesn't mean that fewer can't be committed again.

Except my point actually involved scoring...Jauron, not so much.

LOL...not necessarily. Think about that for a second...

Nobody said it was. Nobody was discussing playoffs. Your 'simple' point was relative to points scored and success vs failure of the offense. "It's that simple." I'll reiterate...regardless of defense, playoffs or any other factors, just using your initial premise...Indy scored more points than KC last season, and anybody that believes that 'simply' indicates the Colts offense was 'more successful' than the Chiefs is a simpleton.

You know I'm right. You know you agree with me. You just don't want to admit it now.

Right about what? Those times you tried to make an argument, the facts didn't support it.

Say something that's right, I'll agree with it.

Wally The Barber
08-27-2017, 12:12 PM
A Yugo or a a Ford Pinto

You pick

cookie G
08-27-2017, 12:22 PM
Hey cookie, who was the QB the last two years? Oh yeah, TT.

Its partially about TT, but not totally. The offense with him has produced a lot more than we've had in a while, and he was a big part of it. And I do think its funny that people are now saying "No one could be successful with that O line".

LOL. The Oline's pass pro has been like this for 2 years. But people found it easier to say, "TT holds on to the ball too much, TT leaves the pocket too early..". Nah...pass pro, especially from the right side, hasn't changed. Though getting a healthy Cordy Glenn back is essential to making it below average in pass pro.

But what I'm getting at is something a little larger.

New coach, hires new coordinator, who brings in new scheme.

oooooo...."we're gonna be sooo much better!"

And when we're not, the excuses start to flow...

-its the first year in a new scheme
-rookie QB
-the Oline sucks and needs to be rebuilt
-we need receivers to fit this scheme..

If there is anything that's held this team back, its re-building instead of building.

Teh few times it has actually showed success in doing something, the new regime comes in and figures it needs to be changed.

Coaching 101- fix what's not working, build on what is working.

Will this regime get that? IDK, it really doesn't sound like it to me.

We'll see, I guess.

But Im not giving them built in excuses. The offense was productive. They want to change and make it less productive, its on them.

kgun12
08-27-2017, 01:09 PM
Its partially about TT, but not totally. The offense with him has produced a lot more than we've had in a while, and he was a big part of it. And I do think its funny that people are now saying "No one could be successful with that O line".

LOL. The Oline's pass pro has been like this for 2 years. But people found it easier to say, "TT holds on to the ball too much, TT leaves the pocket too early..". Nah...pass pro, especially from the right side, hasn't changed. Though getting a healthy Cordy Glenn back is essential to making it below average in pass pro.

But what I'm getting at is something a little larger.

New coach, hires new coordinator, who brings in new scheme.

oooooo...."we're gonna be sooo much better!"

And when we're not, the excuses start to flow...

-its the first year in a new scheme
-rookie QB
-the Oline sucks and needs to be rebuilt
-we need receivers to fit this scheme..

If there is anything that's held this team back, its re-building instead of building.

Teh few times it has actually showed success in doing something, the new regime comes in and figures it needs to be changed.

Coaching 101- fix what's not working, build on what is working.

Will this regime get that? IDK, it really doesn't sound like it to me.

We'll see, I guess.

But Im not giving them built in excuses. The offense was productive. They want to change and make it less productive, its on them.

I agree cookie, my sons and I were reading some of the threads and post as a comedy. TT sucks we should trade him! (if he truly sucks as bad as they think, what the hell would anybody give us for him?), our line is the worst, but the best posts that made us laugh the most seriously, were I'm losing faith in this coaching staff or this team looks bad, the coaches suck, at least give them a full preseason, lol.

I'm I happy with this team or where we are at but damn, if people are this miserable walk away!

BillsImpossible
08-27-2017, 01:20 PM
14 days in nowhere near enough time for an NFL QB to recover from a concussion.

I don't think there's any such thing as a, "minor," concussion.

Peterman is going to start Week 1.

What happened last night looked anything but minor, Taylor could be done for the year....and might even call it a career.

Put yourself in his shoes - You know your team is going to replace you, you know you're not going to be a franchise QB, you know the risks associated with concussions, and you have over $10 million in the bank.

I would retire too.

YardRat
08-27-2017, 01:57 PM
Right about what? Those times you tried to make an argument, the facts didn't support it.

Say something that's right, I'll agree with it.

Everything I've said is right. Unlike 'the Bills offense scored 400 points in 2016'.