X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haile SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

TT's Injury Provides the Bills with the Opportunity to Start Perterman

Use TT's injury as an excuse and simply start Peterman.

Yates is just a waste of time.
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: TT's Injury Provides the Bills with the Opportunity to Start Perterman

NYJ would absolutely love to see him start come the opener.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
      Why?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
        Use TT's injury as an excuse and simply start Peterman.

Yates is just a waste of time.
        I fully agree, TT found a way out while still getting paid. Time for a trade.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
          • Mar 2013

When Peterman replaced Taylor tonight, I saw an improvement in QB play.

Taylor holds on to the ball too long, Peterman throws it.

Concussions are different for every player.

That tackle on Tyrod Taylor made him fall back in a way that made his helmet bounce off the turf.

He held on to the ball too long, ducked, and got slammed backwards.

Peterman could very well be the starter in Week 1.

Remember Kevin Kolb?

Buffalo Bills quarterback Kevin Kolb suffered a concussion in Saturday's preseason loss to the Washington Redskins, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

I guess, hopes or not, it all looks feeble to me, so I'm looking down the road again, better or worse.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Mace View Post
              I guess, hopes or not, it all looks feeble to me, so I'm looking down the road again, better or worse.
              That hit on Tyrod Taylor tonight could have fast forwarded the eventual outcome.

I don't think Taylor can recover from a blow to his head like that in only 14 days.

Spiked is right, this injury to Taylor provides the Bills with every reason to start Peterman.

I think the rookie starts Week 1 against the Jets.

Comment

• Swiper
                • Sep 2010

Peterman was not great, but was clearly the best QB on the roster last night.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Personally I wouldn't mind the switch...Peterman's floor is about = to Taylor's ceiling right now, so why not.

However, as far as the rest of the players and the dynamics of team-building I think TT has to prove once and for all that he's not the guy moving forward, and Nate might be. Taylor needs to play until the guys around him start getting convinced the change needs to be made and that change has be based on performance not a minor injury being used as an excuse.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                    • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                    Without a doubt.

Comment

• sudzy
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                      And the pre-season. I can't help thinking of Frank Reich when watching him. He can do enough to win a game or two. But, a season? I don't see anything real spectacular in him. I hope the Bills are still targeting their start in next years draft.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

11 of 23 for 93 yards and a 58.8 passer rating. 2 near INT's

Celebrate
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

When did Peterman morph into Flutie with all the batted down balls ?
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• kishoph
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                            11 of 23 for 93 yards and a 58.8 passer rating. 2 near INT's

Celebrate
                            What's a "near int." ? If you 're gonna count "near int's" why not count near receptions, or count the drops, or receptions that were called back because of penalties ?
                            Peterman has been far from perfect, but he is attempting/making throws that we have not seen enough of in the past couple of years. He is also a rookie seeing his 3rd partial game of NFL action.
                            If you look at stats, Peterman is right in line with other rookies, 1st round pick Deshaun Watson and 2nd round pick Deshone Kizer, all have very similar stats.
                            Bottom line is Peterman looks like he has a grasp of this offense and has been able to move it at times, while the incumbent has looked like he is clueless out there and has not once this preseason shown anything to prove that he is capable of running this offense.

Comment

• Novacane
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post

I doubt they are worried about facing TT either.

Comment

Working...
                              X