PDA

View Full Version : Tyrod is so unpolished

Turf
08-27-2017, 08:06 AM
My biggest concern when I watch Tyrod this year is that for a QB that now has two full seasons under his belt and is not a kid anymore, he really should be able to make some basic throws. Fact of the matter is he looks off and like a perpetual rookie. I don't see where he's actually learned anything, like looking off a safety. He doesn't throw receivers open or anticipate well, and his accuracy on some fundamental passing plays is not there at all. Rookie QB's come in the league and are capable of making throws. When I see an established QB play in the pre season, he may look non chalant, but for God sakes he make some fundamental throws you expect from an seasoned NHL QB while he's sleeping. TT doesn't have it, he's at his ceiling, and never will be any better.

swiper
08-27-2017, 08:12 AM
See post #4.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/238867-Bills-at-Ravens-Official-Game-Thread

:bravo:

- - - Updated - - -

He stinks.

Novacane
08-27-2017, 08:20 AM
He just isn't very good.

swiper
08-27-2017, 08:32 AM
Skooby's idea of trading him to Dallas for a 2nd is suddenly very appealing.

Turf
08-27-2017, 08:35 AM
See post #4.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/238867-Bills-at-Ravens-Official-Game-Thread

:bravo:

- - - Updated - - -

He stinks.
I hadn't read all that so I guess we're all in agreement.

YardRat
08-27-2017, 08:46 AM
Thanks Wrecks!

Arm of Harm
08-27-2017, 09:10 AM

I'd be content to take a 3rd round pick.

Skooby
08-27-2017, 09:16 AM
Now that he's in a concussion protocol we won't get anything for him for a bit, he really is brutal to watch.

GreedoII
08-27-2017, 10:10 AM
this thread should be called Tyrod is an unpolished turd.....

jills
08-27-2017, 10:31 AM
And to think there were posters in this forum defending him

LOL

kingJofNYC
08-27-2017, 10:46 AM
Thanks Wrecks!
LOL

Was it Rex's fault that our dumb **** GM drafted EJ after passing on the most layup QB decision of all time. They had Russell Wilson fall into their laps, they loved him and Seattle was so worried about us drafting him, but no, they had to take TJ Graham. Tyrod won't be good in this offense, doesn't fit the quick timing based scheme that we're trying to run. I mean, you kept on complaining about Clay getting too many touches last night, guess what, this O runs through quick routes to the TE. At the end of the day, we're not stuck with Tyrod, and this isn't "WRECKS" fault, much like the penalties weren't his fault. Bad players play poorly, and make bad decisions, simple as that.

YardRat
08-27-2017, 10:50 AM
LOL

Was it Rex's fault that our dumb **** GM drafted EJ after passing on the most layup QB decision of all time. They had Russell Wilson fall into their laps, they loved him and Seattle was so worried about us drafting him, but no, they had to take TJ Graham. Tyrod won't be good in this offense, doesn't fit the quick timing based scheme that we're trying to run. I mean, you kept on complaining about Clay getting too many touches last night, guess what, this O runs through quick routes to the TE.
First - Russell Wilson wasn't a 'lay-up'...far from it. Second - even if the offense is predicated on quick TE routes, the ball still needs to be spread around.

kingJofNYC
08-27-2017, 11:04 AM
Wilson was a layup, because it was a 3rd round selection for a QB that showed great promise and only had one major negative, size. That's it, whenever anyone talked about Wilson the first thing that came up as a negative was size. He had a good arm, good accuracy, played in a pro and spread style offense so he had exposure to both. Guy was a layup in the third. Instead they took an undersized speedster at WR, something they did the following year as well, too funny. What's the worst that can happen? Was selecting TJ Graham a death sentence? How about Goodwin, was that a death sentence? No, 3rd rounders often fail, would rather fail trying to draft a QB than a WR, especially when we haven't drafted very many.

Anyway, much of the problems are GM related. Why is Mills still on this team? Why is Vlad on this team? How many balls will be batted down at the line because the 3 step game is all we have? Not enough talent, it's fun to go LOL Rex, but right now it's LOL McDermott. This team looks more organized on D, but that's about it, everything else is the same or worse, especially the O. Top 10 Offensive DVOA team the last two years and that's about to go up in smokes. Tyrod helped us in the run game, Shady faced more 8 man boxes and had more success than any back against loaded boxes in 2016, per PFF. Tyrod was able to neutralize the 8th man with the options we ran, 8th man had to stay home to protect against Tyrod. That's gone this year, we will try to neutralize the backside defender from crashing down the line by bootlegging but that's a band aid, it won't be as effective. Our run game is going to get worse this year, and much worse without Tyrod.

YardRat
08-27-2017, 11:09 AM
You need to go back through the archives and revisit the threads from that time period if you think Wilson was a 'lay-up'. Jesus Christ, the mere fact that he was a third-rounder discounts any semblance of a 'lay-up' all on it's own.

kingJofNYC
08-27-2017, 11:22 AM
If Wilson was on the board after the 3rd round the Bills were going to take him, they loved him, but I guess the "value" wasn't there.

Why does a team with no QB worry about when to select a QB to get proper value? Just take the ****ing guy if you like him so much. And that's exactly what they did with EJ, a guy they liked a lot and didn't want to wait around for so they just took him after trading down. They learned their lesson from passing on Wilson, take the guy if you like him, except they took the wrong one. EJ was trash at FSU, trash in the NFL, Wilson was so much better than him at the collegiate level. Again, it was a layup decision. QB you like in the 3rd round, nah give me the midget who can run, I'll sit and wait to see if Wilson is available in the 4th! Wilson was no guarantee, but in the 3rd round he was a layup. Just take him, nothing bad can happen when you take a guy in the 3rd.

YardRat
08-27-2017, 11:25 AM
If he was a lay-up he would have gone in the first.

kingJofNYC
08-27-2017, 11:30 AM
If he was a lay-up he would have gone in the first.
Coaches/GMs are too scared to take a guy with size issues. If Andy Reid took him in the 2nd he would still be coaching the Eagles. Instead they took Curry and Kendricks in the 2nd, and then cried about the Hawks taking Wilson right before they selected. If Wilson was 6'3" he goes in the first, no questions asked. There's a reason Andy didn't wait around for his guy this year, went out and got him. Don't wait on a guy you like, because someone is going to steal your bride.

Novacane
08-27-2017, 11:58 AM
Wilson may not have been a "layup" but he sure should of been a no brainer pick for us over a midget WR.

justasportsfan
08-27-2017, 12:34 PM
Drafting EJ was not a problem. We needed to take a chance. In a QB draft class with lots of ???? , you take a risk with the player with all the intangibles which EJ had. Too bad you couldn't measure heart. Both EJ and TT have the balls to take a chance. Frustrating.

YardRat
08-27-2017, 01:43 PM
He's pretty unirished and ungermaned too.

Arm of Harm
08-27-2017, 05:55 PM
Drafting EJ was not a problem. We needed to take a chance. In a QB draft class with lots of ???? , you take a risk with the player with all the intangibles which EJ had. Too bad you couldn't measure heart. Both EJ and TT have the balls to take a chance. Frustrating.
Drafting EJ was absolutely a problem, and in itself is sufficient to demonstrate that the then-front office was simply unable to evaluate QB talent. I said exactly that when he was drafted, and I'm saying the same thing now. Manuel had great physical tools, but he lacked the accuracy or information processing speed you want from a QB drafted in the first four rounds.

With Manuel it isn't just about the wasted pick. (Although the wasted pick is certainly a big part of the story.) It's about the fact that after being drafted Manuel became "the plan," with Whaley going "all in" on Manuel by using two first rounders on Watkins. Plus, having Manuel as "the plan" at least for a few years precluded the Bills from drafting other, better QBs such as Derek Carr. Drafting guys like Manuel is the kind of thing which gets GMs fired. As it should.

I don't fault the Bills' front office for passing up Russell Wilson. Wilson was drafted in the third round, which means that every team in the league passed on him at least twice. Relatively easy to forgive an error if every other team in the league has made the exact same mistake. But Manuel in the first is the kind of boneheaded move which you expect from the yahoos who'd been running the Bills' front office throughout the playoff drought. And it's the type of move you don't expect from elite teams, such as the Patriots.

BertSquirtgum
08-27-2017, 07:27 PM
Tyrod sucked yesterday. Tyrod sucks today. Tyrod will suck tomorrow.

OpIv37
08-27-2017, 08:10 PM
I was at the game and Tyrod was terrible. He looked clueless. Peterman wasn't great but he looked serviceable playing against mostly starters- and while the Ravens' D isn't what it was 5 years ago, they're leading the preseason in most categories. It's sad how much Tyrod has regressed.