PDA

View Full Version : Tyrod Taylor Vs. Nathan Peterman Comparison

BillsImpossible
08-27-2017, 01:58 PM
Anyone else notice this from last night's game?

Almost identical formations.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NL71Jhrg0Ls" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Taylor missed a wide open (Clay?) just above the 30 yard line.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1KApeB9FDgU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Same formation, but the receivers are flipped.

Cali512
08-27-2017, 02:04 PM
Anyone else notice this from last night's game?

Almost identical formations.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NL71Jhrg0Ls" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Taylor missed a wide open (Clay?) just above the 30 yard line.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1KApeB9FDgU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Same formation, but the receivers are flipped.

I agree 100%....that Peterman is a better QB. But holy **** this is a stupid example. There is no way of telling if any safety coverage is right behind clay during the tyrod play. Also Tyrod is already about to be in the grasp of the DL when clay turns around. Horrible example

BillsImpossible
08-27-2017, 02:08 PM
I agree 100%....that Peterman is a better QB. But holy **** this is a stupid example. There is no way of telling if any safety coverage is right behind clay during the tyrod play. Also Tyrod is already about to be in the grasp of the DL when clay turns around. Horrible example

No, Tyrod took longer than 2 seconds to make the throw.

"Get if off quick." Pause the video of Taylor at the 2 second mark.

Receiver is wide open at the top of the 30 yard line, Taylor fails to pull the trigger and gets sacked.

jills
08-27-2017, 02:13 PM
Tallest midget contest, they both suck

The Toe Show
08-27-2017, 02:19 PM
I agree - but Tate was the open receiver for Tyrod.

Anticipation throw - not his style.

kgun12
08-27-2017, 02:21 PM
YES, let's hope TT sucks and we don't win or we start the 5th round draft choice. Here's what happens if this team sucks as bad as most hope. First off Peterman is ready and not sure he will ever be anything more than a good backup like Reich. So that leave us with drafting our next QB, which means 2 to 3 years for him to get the "pro game" which means another coaching change and a change from a 3-4 to a 4-3 to a whatever. So another 3-5 years of crap football...SOOOOOOO, I for one hope TT figures it out! I'm tired of being bad and the only thing that come out of Peterman playing is a lot more losing for a lot longer, unfortunately I think a lot of folks here subconsciously enjoy this!

YardRat
08-27-2017, 02:31 PM

The safeties are too deep, the throw over the middle is there, you can see it when they replay it from the pocket view.

swiper
08-27-2017, 02:36 PM
Peterman's new. He's not "good" by any stretch at this point. Shows a little more pocket poise than Taylor, that's about it.

BillsImpossible
08-27-2017, 02:42 PM
Tallest midget contest, they both suck

In 3 preseason games, Tyrod Taylor has been unexpectedly horrible, and Peterman has made numerous great throws that Bills fans aren't used to seeing.

To say that Peterman sucks is an abortion of an opinion that has no merit. He's the most promising rookie QB the Buffalo Bills have had in a very long time.

Peterman made a lot of excellent throws last night. Dropped passes, and ticky tack penalties (illegal formation by a quarter of an inch?) didn't help Peterman, but all I saw was a QB that threw the ball and put it in a great place to make a play almost every time.

For a rookie, Peterman has been unexpectedly good.

He's starting Week 1 against the Jets. If Taylor starts on September 10th, the Bills doctors should get sued for medical malpractice.

I'm more excited to watch this season with Peterman at QB.

In 3 preseason games, Peterman has been the better quarterback.

BillsImpossible
08-27-2017, 02:50 PM
Peterman's new. He's not "good" by any stretch at this point.

I agree, he's better than expected.

MMD was right about Peterman.

swiper
08-27-2017, 04:22 PM
I agree, he's better than expected.

MMD was right about Peterman.

He's not better than expected. He's really just average. He just looks that way to you because the starter has been horrible.

Goobylal
08-27-2017, 04:27 PM
In 3 preseason games, Tyrod Taylor has been unexpectedly horrible, and Peterman has made numerous great throws that Bills fans aren't used to seeing.

To say that Peterman sucks is an abortion of an opinion that has no merit. He's the most promising rookie QB the Buffalo Bills have had in a very long time.

Peterman made a lot of excellent throws last night. Dropped passes, and ticky tack penalties (illegal formation by a quarter of an inch?) didn't help Peterman, but all I saw was a QB that threw the ball and put it in a great place to make a play almost every time.

For a rookie, Peterman has been unexpectedly good.

He's starting Week 1 against the Jets. If Taylor starts on September 10th, the Bills doctors should get sued for medical malpractice.

I'm more excited to watch this season with Peterman at QB.

In 3 preseason games, Peterman has been the better quarterback.

That's what happens when people look at the stat line and don't actually watch the games. What's more concerning to me is the play of the OL, receivers, and overall awareness of the players. Having guys lined up off the LOS and negating big plays, guys failing to fight to get the 1st down (like Clay last night), guys not getting their feet down for receptions (like Zay last week, negating a TD, but he's a rook so I can let it slide), and the penalties in general won't cut it in the regular season regardless of who is at QB.

Arm of Harm
08-27-2017, 06:31 PM
YES, let's hope TT sucks and we don't win or we start the 5th round draft choice. Here's what happens if this team sucks as bad as most hope. First off Peterman is ready and not sure he will ever be anything more than a good backup like Reich. So that leave us with drafting our next QB, which means 2 to 3 years for him to get the "pro game" which means another coaching change and a change from a 3-4 to a 4-3 to a whatever. So another 3-5 years of crap football...SOOOOOOO, I for one hope TT figures it out! I'm tired of being bad and the only thing that come out of Peterman playing is a lot more losing for a lot longer, unfortunately I think a lot of folks here subconsciously enjoy this!

Tyrod is not the answer. This preseason he's been the worst of our QBs. Worse even than Yates.

The Bills need a real QB. And the way to get that real QB is to tank. Suck it up and tank. Pretending that Tyrod might be the answer is no better than pretending that Losman, Edwards, Fitzpatrick, or Manuel is the answer.

It's highly unlikely that either McDermott or Bean would be fired after just one year. If they tanked in year three, sure. Pink slips definitely. But year 1 is still the honeymoon period. Now is exactly the time to tank, and to get a real QB.

kgun12
08-27-2017, 06:42 PM
Tyrod is not the answer. This preseason he's been the worst of our QBs. Worse even than Yates.

The Bills need a real QB. And the way to get that real QB is to tank. Suck it up and tank. Pretending that Tyrod might be the answer is no better than pretending that Losman, Edwards, Fitzpatrick, or Manuel is the answer.

It's highly unlikely that either McDermott or Bean would be fired after just one year. If they tanked in year three, sure. Pink slips definitely. But year 1 is still the honeymoon period. Now is exactly the time to tank, and to get a real QB.

Yes, and tanking means we are set back 2-3 years waiting from the next years QB to progress. By that time, this coaching staff is gone, the new one comes in changes personal. By that time in 1st round QB is beat to hell and we need another,

Is TT the answer, probably not, but boy would it be great if he was the answer until the next Jim Kelly come along because a lot of the pieces were in place when he got here.