PDA

View Full Version : La Canfora - Nice Bills Article

Night Train
08-29-2017, 11:34 AM
No more sacred cows.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/there-are-no-sacred-cows-in-buffalo-as-new-bills-regime-lays-down-the-law/

Topas
08-29-2017, 12:37 PM
Sounds good. But I want to see less penalties to believe in their approaxh

Skooby
08-29-2017, 02:33 PM
I'd like to see this preacher discipline shown on the field & the ability to make adjustments during the game. If the O-linemen are jumping then it's time for a few draw plays. Adjustments during the game are what helps teams win. I know it's preseason but practice what you preach, get to work.

Joe Fo Sho
08-29-2017, 02:57 PM
I think there's only so much the average coach can do to prevent penalties. The abundance of penalties shows me that there's a lack of leadership more than anything else, we need our players to hold each other accountable. How often does Tyrod yell at the O-line for jumping offsides on 3rd and short? How often does someone yell at Hughes for jumping offsides or getting a personal foul? I used to see Peyton getting furious at his lineman for holding/jumping offsides, or his wide receivers lining up wrong. You don't have to be an all-pro or a coach to get in your teammates faces about stupid penalties.

This team lacks leadership on the field, and it starts with the quarterback. Maybe Tyrod doesn't want to hold others accountable because then they'd hold him accountable for his terrible quarterback play.

justasportsfan
08-29-2017, 03:27 PM
Maybe the penalties are due to players being confused with the new system? Its what happened when Rex confused his players.

BillyT92679
08-29-2017, 03:35 PM
I think the penalties simply are due to the fact these players aren't exceptionally talented. Holding penalties are from getting beat man up and doing what you can to mitigate that.

Illegal Formation penalties are just stupid.

kingJofNYC
08-29-2017, 03:40 PM
I'd like to see this preacher discipline shown on the field & the ability to make adjustments during the game. If the O-linemen are jumping then it's time for a few draw plays. Adjustments during the game are what helps teams win. I know it's preseason but practice what you preach, get to work.

Why would a draw play keep the OL from jumping early?

You think they're stepping back too early to kick out faster in order to pass protect? If that's the case, then I would say the OL is trying to cheat because they're physically outmatched, and there's no scheming around OL that know they stink.

Skooby
08-29-2017, 07:03 PM
Why would a draw play keep the OL from jumping early?

You think they're stepping back too early to kick out faster in order to pass protect? If that's the case, then I would say the OL is trying to cheat because they're physically outmatched, and there's no scheming around OL that know they stink.
It's a mix. I watched the local Baltimore feed on online pass which I HDMI to the TV (from a 4K computer screen / card to one). The announcers broke down how Suggs is teaching the other players if they can't get to the QB then drop back and jump real high to block passes. We need to recognize their patterns and make adjustments, maybe not now but soon (when it counts).

Mace
08-29-2017, 07:10 PM
I'm good for a while seeing how it develops. This isn't a contending year and I like how they're proceeding as an organization. Top down is the needed approach atm instead of patching bottom up.

Turf
08-29-2017, 10:34 PM
The penalties are a product of the preseason refs getting a hard on throwing flags. Week one will tell.