• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

La Canfora - Nice Bills Article

No more sacred cows.

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Topas
    German smartass
    • Feb 2014

Re: La Canfora - Nice Bills Article

Sounds good. But I want to see less penalties to believe in their approaxh

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

I'd like to see this preacher discipline shown on the field & the ability to make adjustments during the game. If the O-linemen are jumping then it's time for a few draw plays. Adjustments during the game are what helps teams win. I know it's preseason but practice what you preach, get to work.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

I think there's only so much the average coach can do to prevent penalties. The abundance of penalties shows me that there's a lack of leadership more than anything else, we need our players to hold each other accountable. How often does Tyrod yell at the O-line for jumping offsides on 3rd and short? How often does someone yell at Hughes for jumping offsides or getting a personal foul? I used to see Peyton getting furious at his lineman for holding/jumping offsides, or his wide receivers lining up wrong. You don't have to be an all-pro or a coach to get in your teammates faces about stupid penalties.

This team lacks leadership on the field, and it starts with the quarterback. Maybe Tyrod doesn't want to hold others accountable because then they'd hold him accountable for his terrible quarterback play.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Maybe the penalties are due to players being confused with the new system? Its what happened when Rex confused his players.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BillyT92679
            • Jul 2002

I think the penalties simply are due to the fact these players aren't exceptionally talented. Holding penalties are from getting beat man up and doing what you can to mitigate that.

Illegal Formation penalties are just stupid.
            Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

• kingJofNYC
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
              I'd like to see this preacher discipline shown on the field & the ability to make adjustments during the game. If the O-linemen are jumping then it's time for a few draw plays. Adjustments during the game are what helps teams win. I know it's preseason but practice what you preach, get to work.
              Why would a draw play keep the OL from jumping early?

You think they're stepping back too early to kick out faster in order to pass protect? If that's the case, then I would say the OL is trying to cheat because they're physically outmatched, and there's no scheming around OL that know they stink.
              Last edited by kingJofNYC; 08-29-2017, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                Why would a draw play keep the OL from jumping early?

You think they're stepping back too early to kick out faster in order to pass protect? If that's the case, then I would say the OL is trying to cheat because they're physically outmatched, and there's no scheming around OL that know they stink.
                It's a mix. I watched the local Baltimore feed on online pass which I HDMI to the TV (from a 4K computer screen / card to one). The announcers broke down how Suggs is teaching the other players if they can't get to the QB then drop back and jump real high to block passes. We need to recognize their patterns and make adjustments, maybe not now but soon (when it counts).

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

I'm good for a while seeing how it develops. This isn't a contending year and I like how they're proceeding as an organization. Top down is the needed approach atm instead of patching bottom up.

Comment

• Turf
                    • Jul 2002

The penalties are a product of the preseason refs getting a hard on throwing flags. Week one will tell.
                    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

Working...
                    X