PDA

View Full Version : TBN : Interesting FO article

Mace
08-29-2017, 07:06 PM
Lengthy read, but a good one if you take the time, imho. I like this FO and find it encouraging.

During the team’s mandatory minicamp in June, Beane had the whole personnel department, both college and pro scouts, get together. The goal was to make sure that the entire group was unified.

That continued during training camp at St. John Fisher College, where the personnel department had a room to just “hang out, talk, B.S. about life,” Beane said. “We played hoops together. People saw the competitive side of guys. There were some moments when it got a little heated. But that's cool because everybody says 'man, if this guy wants it here, he's going to want it out there on the road. He wants to win. He'll do anything.' I really felt a great bond and the feedback we got back from the college guys as they left was super excited. So I feel great where we're at.”

Unified vision, working together, yes.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/29/inside-bills-gm-brandon-beane-assistant-gm-joe-schoen-ready-chaotic-24-hours/

YardRat
08-29-2017, 07:23 PM
I like the 'cross training', involving the pro guys a little bit in the college end, and vice versa.

Homegrown
08-29-2017, 07:34 PM
It'll be "encouraging" if they win .... otherwise it's the same FO bull****, just different FO guys....wash - rinse - repeat

Mace
08-29-2017, 07:49 PM
It'll be "encouraging" if they win .... otherwise it's the same FO bull****, just different FO guys....wash - rinse - repeat

Nah. This is encouraging. If they win it will be more encouraging. If they win enough to contend....well, the steps kind of build toward delight.

Right now, I take what happy I can get. It's something.

cookie G
08-29-2017, 11:37 PM

Just you and I
Sharing our love together
And I know in time
We'll build the dreams we treasure
We'll be all right, just you and I

And I remember our first embrace
That smile that was on your face
The promises that we made
And now, your love is my reward
And I love you even more
Than I ever did before

Mouldsie
08-30-2017, 12:55 AM
Beane is going to be real annoying real quick if this doesn't work lol

I'm not sure if hiring scouts based on their pickup basketball playing is going to make as much of a difference as, say, smart scouting and decision making. He's always talking about how competitive he is in interviews I've heard. Couldnt care less bro. Show us the W's

YardRat
08-30-2017, 05:53 AM

Technically speaking, winning would be 'gratifying', the positive reinforcement of 'encouraging' via actual events that occur between the two experiences.

Mace
08-30-2017, 06:01 PM
Just you and I
Sharing our love together
And I know in time
We'll build the dreams we treasure
We'll be all right, just you and I

And I remember our first embrace
That smile that was on your face
The promises that we made
And now, your love is my reward
And I love you even more
Than I ever did before

Well, I'm touched. I love you too, Cookie.

The Jokeman
08-30-2017, 07:25 PM
Lengthy read, but a good one if you take the time, imho. I like this FO and find it encouraging.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/29/inside-bills-gm-brandon-beane-assistant-gm-joe-schoen-ready-chaotic-24-hours/

I wonder if they did any "trust falls" lol.

Mace
08-30-2017, 08:19 PM
I wonder if they did any "trust falls" lol.

Lmao.

Made me remember I was the only one in my group who refused that one assertively. I was going to refuse the rock wall climb as well until this one prematurely bald back office guy missing half his hand wearing a cardigan in the summer, pouring out hangover sweat and bumming all my cigarettes, scrambled up it like a spider monkey. Heh.

Hm, anyway, I bet they did.

Arm of Harm
08-30-2017, 10:33 PM
Beane is going to be real annoying real quick if this doesn't work lol

I'm not sure if hiring scouts based on their pickup basketball playing is going to make as much of a difference as, say, smart scouting and decision making. He's always talking about how competitive he is in interviews I've heard. Couldnt care less bro. Show us the W's

My perspective is different. I do care about their pickup basketball playing.

You take a guy like Beane. He's going to be very competitive, very intense, very passionate. That's who he is as a coach. And sometimes that boils over into a pickup basketball game. Not only does the game provide a way of expressing competitiveness, but it's also a good outlet for stress. Of which I'm sure he has plenty!

Winning games? The wins will come with time. I'm not expecting much this season. And that's fine. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Mouldsie
08-31-2017, 09:25 AM
My perspective is different. I do care about their pickup basketball playing.

You take a guy like Beane. He's going to be very competitive, very intense, very passionate. That's who he is as a coach. And sometimes that boils over into a pickup basketball game. Not only does the game provide a way of expressing competitiveness, but it's also a good outlet for stress. Of which I'm sure he has plenty!

Winning games? The wins will come with time. I'm not expecting much this season. And that's fine. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Everyone in the NFL is competitive. Beane has not shown me anything to believe Rome will be built or not be built. Well actually, if I use his Carolina track record then it's leaning toward the latter, so until he starts building something that works I don't need to hear him tell me how great he is.

For the most part I like what I see in the HC at least.