PDA

View Full Version : I hope you guys can be Patient with Nathan Peterman

Wally The Barber
08-31-2017, 02:45 PM
Nathan Peterman is playing his first game as a rookie starter with a questionable offensive line, no real quality wide receivers and the last two QB's now have brain damage. Think about that before you trash the guy!

If we can put together a few scoring drives, I will be more then happy tonight.

Forward_Lateral
08-31-2017, 03:00 PM
People here will never be happy unless Jim Kelly is re-born with Tom Brady's winning record

justasportsfan
08-31-2017, 03:02 PM
Hope he is the next Wilson/Prescot , but I doubt it. Right now I see him as our future back up qb .

Forward_Lateral
08-31-2017, 03:03 PM
Hope he is the next Wilson/Prescot , but I doubt it. Right now I see him as our future back up qb .

Glad you can make that distinction after 3 weeks of preseason

justasportsfan
08-31-2017, 03:07 PM
Glad you can make that distinction after 3 weeks of preseason

thats why I said right now. He hasn't exactly lit up the entire league in the short time he's played. It's not like he look like Aaron Rodgers out there whether its' preseason or camp.

Oaf
08-31-2017, 03:10 PM
That'd be a win for a 5th rd pick. Hope so!

Bill Cody
08-31-2017, 03:14 PM
Nathan Peterman is playing his first game as a rookie starter with a questionable offensive line, no real quality wide receivers and the last two QB's now have brain damage. Think about that before you trash the guy!

He ain't going to be in there long enough for that

kishoph
08-31-2017, 03:49 PM

Those excuses only work for the incumbent starting QB playing in his 7th year, not a rookie with a dozen preseason drives under his belt.

SpikedLemonade
08-31-2017, 03:57 PM
Wally, I am Mr. Patient.

I will wait forever for good things to happen.

Wally, how are you feeling these days?

I have a BIG money parlay that one part is whether Peterman is the starting QB before you die.

Help out a Bills brethren here buddy.

Ed
08-31-2017, 04:41 PM
Why do we need to be patient with Peterman if everyone wants this team to tank so we can draft a real qb next year?

Night Train
08-31-2017, 04:45 PM
If Peterman plays a while tonight, then the Bills are convinced Taylor is fine for the opener. JMO.

feldspar
08-31-2017, 04:52 PM
If Peterman plays a while tonight, then the Bills are convinced Taylor is fine for the opener. JMO.

How do you figure that?

I thought Taylor was in the concussion protocol, along with Yates. It's just Peterman and and Wenning tonight, right? Winning has been with the team for about 15 seconds, so you gotta figure Peterman will play a while regardless of anything else.

But Taylor will be the starter...week one, probably.

Skooby
08-31-2017, 06:39 PM
One quarter / 2 drives for Peterman, he starts next week.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
08-31-2017, 10:19 PM

If we're not in the playoffs by week 4, he's the problem.

BLUTO
08-31-2017, 11:33 PM
I think the original poster was being a bit facetious about Peterman. He knows what the future holds with his quick release and leadership!

OpIv37
08-31-2017, 11:38 PM
Well he shredded it against guys who are going to be pushing carts and flipping burgers by Tuesday.

It's TUEL TIME BABY! I mean, PETERMAN TIME BABY!

jills
08-31-2017, 11:40 PM
Tallest midget contest, yayyy!!!

Skooby
09-01-2017, 02:35 AM
Well he shredded it against guys who are going to be pushing carts and flipping burgers by Tuesday.

Peterman looks the part, let's see how it goes.

SpikedLemonade
09-01-2017, 06:23 AM
He showed just enough.

Start him!!!!

ublinkwescore
09-01-2017, 08:55 AM
I hope he is the next Derek Carr.

kishoph
09-01-2017, 09:27 AM

If he was making completions to wide open receivers that weren't covered, what you say could mean something, but he has been completing passes into tight windows and hitting receivers in stride and using multiple receivers in every section of the field. He's not throwing 1/4 of his passes to RB's or waiting for a receiver to sit down or come bask on his route, then throw to him if he's open. Peterman's gotten rid of the ball on time, has used different types of throws, back shoulder, fades, slants. These are all the type of passes we have not seen in the past 2-3 years. It's not because of the competition that he's making these type of throws, it's because he's a QB, not a RB with a strong arm.

Maybe we can hope that Taylor can get this system down in 1 or 2 years and then get us into the playoffs, or maybe we can put in a kid that knows when, where and how to throw the football in the system now.

Night Train
09-01-2017, 09:51 AM
Making TT A pocket passer is the square peg/round hole practice with predictable results.

If they insist on a pocket QB, Peterman is their man, regardless of his " experience ".