PDA

View Full Version : I think Wenning sticks, Yates won't be long for here

Skooby
08-31-2017, 07:33 PM
Wenning looks pretty good, Yates is a goner when healthy.

YardRat
08-31-2017, 07:35 PM
Wenning may stick with the PS...Yates may still be gone. They might go with 2 active...unfortunatelyn a lot for the first week depends on how TT and TJ are progressing with their concussions.

Skooby
08-31-2017, 07:39 PM
Wenning may stick with the PS...Yates may still be gone. They might go with 2 active...unfortunatelyn a lot for the first week depends on how TT and TJ are progressing with their concussions.
They have an excuse to be cautious with Tyrod and start Nathan, I think it's a no-brainer because of that.

Mr. Pink
08-31-2017, 07:51 PM
This is the first preseason game I've watched since that one guy didn't and couldn't play..

Wenning has looked like absolute dog crap. Poor ball placement, poor velocity, sloppy footwork.

There's no way he makes this team unless the injuries at QB go into the regular season and once both guys are healthy, Wenning will be cut.

BillsImpossible
08-31-2017, 07:54 PM
Keeping Yates on the roster makes no sense at all. We already know what Yates can and can not do.

Wenning could be the next Kurt Warner...bagging groceries one day and then the future Hall of Fame phone rings.

Crazy.

I've had enough with stop gap QB's. Taylor is one of them, so is Yates.

YardRat
08-31-2017, 08:05 PM
After listening to Beane, I would bet they go with Taylor and Peterman only, Wenning or another third on the PS.

Mr. Pink
08-31-2017, 08:14 PM
After listening to Beane, I would bet they go with Taylor and Peterman only, Wenning or another third on the PS.

I agree with this on the Beane point. However, I don't see the Bills stashing a 26 year old dude on the PS, Wenning has no potential in this league and there's no reason to hold a guy to develop him at that age.

Oaf
08-31-2017, 08:23 PM
Yates is an NFL QB, Wenning doesn't look like one. Why is this a convo? Keep the best 3.

Bill Cody
08-31-2017, 09:37 PM
Yates is an NFL QB, Wenning doesn't look like one. Why is this a convo? Keep the best 3.

I don't see either Yates or Wenning on the final roster. Neither of those guys offer us anything. If we lose one of the top 2 you can always sign a backup. If your 3rd stringer is playing for any length of time it's a disaster anyway so there literally is no point to keeping either a journeyman or a bum.

stuckincincy
08-31-2017, 10:17 PM
Wenning looks pretty good, Yates is a goner when healthy.

You are Nostradamus Mk. II with this bold prediction...

stuckincincy
08-31-2017, 10:30 PM
You are Nostradamus Mk. II with this bold prediction...

IT WAS SARCASM MITCH.

:bigwave:

Skooby
08-31-2017, 10:55 PM
IT WAS SARCASM MITCH.

:bigwave:

Oh.

stuckincincy
08-31-2017, 11:20 PM
Oh.

Oh, Jameson Irish Whiskey, if you must know...

BLUTO
08-31-2017, 11:26 PM
I don't see either Yates or Wenning on the final roster. Neither of those guys offer us anything. If we lose one of the top 2 you can always sign a backup. If your 3rd stringer is playing for any length of time it's a disaster anyway so there literally is no point to keeping either a journeyman or a bum.

I agree. Keeping 3 QB's doesn't make sense unless all can start and do a good job.

Skooby
09-01-2017, 02:44 AM
Oh, Jameson Irish Whiskey, if you must know...
Haha, witty. I left the door open, good walk through.

ICRockets
09-01-2017, 04:30 AM
Wenning could be the next Kurt Warner

Holy ****ing **** you are the dumbest piece of crap on the planet.

Historian
09-01-2017, 06:01 AM
Last night they showed the crispness on offense and the discipline I have been clamoring for.

Ironic the Lions were the ones who jumped offsides, like five times.

I thought Peterman looked very good. His instincts make up for what he lacks in size and arm strength. That one scramble, the whole stadium just inhaled and held their breath. Then eventually he slid.

I thought Wenning ran a pretty good offense too. Again, he avoided the rush, and made positive yards when he needed to.

Running backs were hitting holes. No east and west crap.

I'm with Skoob. I think they dump Yates.

Skooby
09-01-2017, 06:07 AM
Last night they showed the crispness on offense and the discipline I have been clamoring for.

Ironic the Lions were the ones who jumped offsides, like five times.

I thought Peterman looked very good. His instincts make up for what he lacks in size and arm strength. That one scramble, the whole stadium just inhaled and held their breath. Then eventually he slid.

I thought Wenning ran a pretty good offense too. Again, he avoided the rush, and made positive yards when he needed to.

Running backs were hitting holes. No east and west crap.

I'm with Skoob. I think they dump Yates.
Cool. Peterman looks calm and in control after his first week with the first string, no Shady to help him as well. Yates looked lost and is going to command a vet minimum, no way to justify paying him that or expecting any better play out of him.

Wally The Barber
09-01-2017, 06:19 AM
This is the first preseason game I've watched since that one guy didn't and couldn't play..

Wenning has looked like absolute dog crap. Poor ball placement, poor velocity, sloppy footwork.

There's no way he makes this team unless the injuries at QB go into the regular season and once both guys are healthy, Wenning will be cut.

And Wenning had a whole 72 hours to practice with no training camp

Wally The Barber
09-01-2017, 06:28 AM
And Wenning had a whole 72 hours to practice with no training camp

I was expecting 3 or 4 TDs and perfect mechanics

Historian
09-01-2017, 07:01 AM
Make no mistake, if Tyrod is cleared, he will start the opener. Nobody wants to throw Peterman to the wolves.

But he has looked good enough to play.

kishoph
09-01-2017, 07:47 AM
I think we may see Wenning placed on the PS, Peterman's play has made Yates expendable.

Wenning didn't do anything that stood out yesterday, but with the position he was put in he could of done a lot worse. I think Wenning's upside is greater than Yates. It sounded like Beane wants 3 QB's on the team and I think Wenning could be on the PS without worry of another team scooping him up.

Forward_Lateral
09-01-2017, 08:32 AM
From what I watched, Wenning looked like a 1965 Lincoln Limo in the pocket.

kishoph
09-01-2017, 10:25 AM
From what I watched, Wenning looked like a 1965 Lincoln Limo in the pocket.

1965 Lincoln Limo
I've seen that somewhere else this morning. lol

Forward_Lateral
09-01-2017, 10:39 AM
1965 Lincoln Limo
I've seen that somewhere else this morning. lol

Me too, in person! lol

swiper
09-01-2017, 05:20 PM
Less than 72 hours from the signing was posted here, Skooby announces this guy is a keeper. How did the other 31 teams miss this gem?

ROFL. Skooby is prescient I guess.

Skooby
09-01-2017, 06:00 PM
Less than 72 hours from the signing was posted here, Skooby announces this guy is a keeper. How did the other 31 teams miss this gem?

ROFL. Skooby is prescient I guess.

He's better than Yates, we should keep 3 because Tyrod is a Nimrod.

swiper
09-01-2017, 06:07 PM
He's better than Yates, we should keep 3 because Tyrod is a Nimrod.

I've got news for you, NFL Einstein - Thad Lewis was released and he is better than any of Taylor, Yates, Peterman or Wenning.

Let the Bills resign that guy. He has moved a team against first line defenses in his past.

And that fact tells you how bad the Bills QBs have become.

Mr. Pink
09-01-2017, 06:07 PM
:rofl: a guy who goes 5 of 15 for 40 yards is now better than a QB who's actually started a playoff game?

Good lord, Wenning looked worse than Brian Brohm.

YardRat
09-01-2017, 06:13 PM
:rofl: a guy who goes 5 of 15 for 40 yards is now better than a QB who's actually started a playoff game?

He looked better than Yates, which is the actual relevance here.

Will somebody get cut that the staff may want to bring onto the PS that they like better than Wenning? Good possibility.

swiper
09-01-2017, 06:24 PM

Who looked better than Craig Nall IIRC.

Mr. Pink
09-01-2017, 06:27 PM
He looked better than Yates, which is the actual relevance here.

Will somebody get cut that the staff may want to bring onto the PS that they like better than Wenning? Good possibility.

I didn't watch Yates play at all but stats wise there's no way he played better than Yates.

And frankly, if Yates looked as bad as Wenning did last night, he would have never seen any regular season action.

Night Train
09-01-2017, 06:29 PM
He was given the Matt Leinart award after the game.

A mop.

Mr. Pink
09-01-2017, 06:32 PM
Where's TD? His boy Matt Barkley was cut.

Bring him in!

Mr. Pink
09-02-2017, 12:12 PM
And he's cut.

Forward_Lateral
09-02-2017, 12:14 PM
I'd bring in Barkley in a heartbeat. He showed balls last year

Arm of Harm
09-02-2017, 09:27 PM
I've got news for you, NFL Einstein - Thad Lewis was released and he is better than any of Taylor, Yates, Peterman or Wenning.

Let the Bills resign that guy. He has moved a team against first line defenses in his past.

And that fact tells you how bad the Bills QBs have become.

I looked at the career stats for both Yates (http://www.nfl.com/player/t.j.yates/2508123/profile) and Thad Lewis (http://www.nfl.com/player/thadlewis/497121/profile). Below is a summary.

Games started
Yates: 7
Thad: 6

Yards per pass attempt
Yates: 6.8
Thad: 6.9

Yards per rush
Yates: 2.4
Thad: 2.2

Total career passing yards
Yates: 1534
Thad: 1296

If you didn't know anything about these QBs besides their numbers, you wouldn't think there was much, if any, difference between them. Of course, Yates' play in preseason has been worse than you'd expect from someone with the career stats he has. I imagine Thad hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire in preseason either. If he had been setting things on fire, he'd still have a roster spot.

stuckincincy
09-02-2017, 10:26 PM
I think they bought Yates out of concern about Taylor. Somebody has to pass the ball.

Along came Peterman.

So now, dump Yates and buy whatever young, inexpensive prospect they fancy. We are talking about a 3rd stringer will likely never be on the active roster and never set foot on the field and be a PS guy.

ticatfan
11-01-2017, 02:57 PM

Good lord, Wenning looked worse than Brian Brohm.Wenning is now PR on the argos. Brohm tried and failed to get a job up here.

Joe Fo Sho
11-01-2017, 03:03 PM
Wenning is now PR on the argos. Brohm tried and failed to get a job up here.

He was only good enough for the Public Relations department?