PDA

View Full Version : Does Nate Peterman Start Week 1?

BillsImpossible
08-31-2017, 08:13 PM
I think yes, because he earned it.

Throughout training camp and preseason, Peterman has been the best quarterback.

Even if Tyrod Taylor did not get injured, I think Peterman won the job hands down.

In the last preseason game against the Lions, Peterman was 9/11 for 81 yards.

It all boils down to which QB gives the Bills the best chance to win.

I think Peterman has demonstrated that he gives the Bills the best chance at winning.

Who do you want to start Week 1 against the Jets?

BillsImpossible
08-31-2017, 08:56 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FaZ1usW-5tw/UG2DgbT4xgI/AAAAAAAAACM/J0ZQNKfrZXE/s1600/bigelephant.jpg

Novacane
08-31-2017, 08:58 PM
Only if TT is not cleared. I'd rather see Peterman though.

stuckincincy
08-31-2017, 09:15 PM
I think yes, because he earned it.

Throughout training camp and preseason, Peterman has been the best quarterback.

Even if Tyrod Taylor did not get injured, I think Peterman won the job hands down.

In the last preseason game against the Lions, Peterman was 9/11 for 81 yards.

It all boils down to which QB gives the Bills the best chance to win.

I think Peterman has demonstrated that he gives the Bills the best chance at winning.

Who do you want to start Week 1 against the Jets?

Nice touch with the elephant!

I'd say Taylor, though.

Peterman looked nice, and I'm glad he got the playing time.

But this has been a different preseason, what the the lack of the usual cut-down dates. He's faced players that before would have been axed.

It's a fine point, for sure. but it's there.

BillsImpossible
08-31-2017, 09:18 PM
Even if Taylor is cleared, he didn't earn it. The starting job should be based on merit, not a contract number.

There has been an obvious difference between Taylor and Peterman throughout training camp and the preseason.

Peterman is the better quarterback.

We've all been watching football for thousands of years combined....

When is the last time you saw a rookie QB for the Buffalo Bills accomplish what Peterman has already put on tape?

That is the only thing that gets me excited for the 2017 season.

Bills fans Nation wide can care less about anything else.

Skooby
08-31-2017, 09:19 PM
Peterman starts if they want to win.

BillsImpossible
08-31-2017, 09:22 PM
Nice touch with the elephant!

I'd say Taylor, though.

WHY? For what reasonable reasons?

What are you smoking?

BillsImpossible
08-31-2017, 09:43 PM
I can not believe how many people in the media are saying they think Tyrod Taylor will start next week. That's crazy.

I don't know how or why the NFL and the media that drives the league can advocate starting an NFL QB on September 10th, only two weeks after suffering a concussion.

Given the present day situation about concussions in the NFL, fans would think that the media would highlight the issue...but they don't.

So what PR firm did the NFL pay to keep this issue on the down low?

Kenny
08-31-2017, 09:47 PM
I still think it's TT. Didn't get a chance to watch the game today, but per the NFL.com article, it didn't seem like he was playing against Detroit's starters.
Maybe we're watching different games, or maybe Im just too critical, but I'm not really sure how you can say he 'earned it'.

Now if he took that Baltimore game, then I think there's a debate... but he was pretty crappy that game as well. He had a few good series against backups in the first game, didn't look all that great in the 2nd (again, against backups), and the Baltimore game was just ugly. He was good today (stat wise), but how exactly has he earned it?

We've had some above average offenses the past few years, and while TT isn't an elite QB, I don't see anything with Peterman right now that tells me we would score more points. We're a run first team with limited WR talent. Replacing TT would be an instant downgrade to our run game, and we'd have to rely on Peterman to move the ball downfield with his arm?

Way too early to anoint Peterman as the second coming of Jimbo.

BillsImpossible
08-31-2017, 09:52 PM
Tyrod Taylor had his head smashed in to the turf at what speed?

I would approximate about 10-15 mph.

Would you allow Tyrod Taylor to drive a forklift less than 10 days from now?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bXYWhTiVvF0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BillsImpossible
08-31-2017, 10:00 PM
Replacing TT would be an instant downgrade to our run game, and we'd have to rely on Peterman to move the ball downfield with his arm?

Oh God forbid...

HHURRICANE
08-31-2017, 10:08 PM
Not lying, but Peterman is more entertaining.

stuckincincy
08-31-2017, 10:09 PM
WHY? For what reasonable reasons?

What are you smoking?

I would be happy to give you reasonable reasons. I believe I already did, but you chose not to address them.

Your snide statement, "What are you smoking? is uncalled for. Don't use the verbiage your opponents use on other sections of this site - which you correctly rail against.

Skooby
08-31-2017, 10:29 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bXYWhTiVvF0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

No chance.

- - - Updated - - -

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bXYWhTiVvF0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

No chance.

Scumbag College
08-31-2017, 10:29 PM
If Tyrod isn't out of "Concussion Protocol" by Monday, Peterman is declared starter. I think Peterman is McD's and Dennison's guy and their looking for their excuse to start him.

Now the interesting thing is if Peterman starts and the Bills win Week 1 and Tyrod is cleared to play, what happens Week 2?

Oaf
08-31-2017, 11:28 PM
If Tyrod isn't out of "Concussion Protocol" by Monday, Peterman is declared starter. I think Peterman is McD's and Dennison's guy and their looking for their excuse to start him.

Now the interesting thing is if Peterman starts and the Bills win Week 1 and Tyrod is cleared to play, what happens Week 2?

It's a win-win scenario if Taylor is not cleared for week 1. Either Peterman shows he can win a game as a starter (and possibly warrants "the hot hand"), or he loses and we can roll with our QB1 next week.

What I expect will happen is Taylor plays, plays mediocrely, and we win an ugly toilet bowl game 16-13.

jills
08-31-2017, 11:43 PM
Superbowl!!!

OpIv37
08-31-2017, 11:43 PM
Didn't Marv Levy say "starters don't lose their jobs to injuries?"

Skooby
09-01-2017, 02:34 AM
Drew Bledsoe did, so did Trent Green and......

Novacane
09-01-2017, 06:27 AM

Marv had a HOF QB. I remember the dummies that screamed for Reich every time Kelly threw an INT.

We have a mediocre QB now. If Peterman takes advantage of Tyrods injury and has a big game against the Jets I think he has to stay the starter.

justasportsfan
09-01-2017, 07:43 AM
I'd like to see what Tyrod can do with this system in a fully game planned game. If Rico thought enough of him to sign him back with the team, lets see it.

Forward_Lateral
09-01-2017, 08:24 AM

Yeah. Good starters who didn't get the job because there was nobody else. Not career backups who signed a ridiculous contract despite not being able to hit the broad side of a barn.

Bill Cody
09-01-2017, 09:13 AM

TT will need to be cleared to play by Monday I'm guessing in order to get the reps he needs to play the opener. If he is I think he will play.

Wally The Barber
09-01-2017, 09:33 AM
Even if Taylor is cleared, he didn't earn it. The starting job should be based on merit, not a contract number.

There has been an obvious difference between Taylor and Peterman throughout training camp and the preseason.

Peterman is the better quarterback.

We've all been watching football for thousands of years combined....

When is the last time you saw a rookie QB for the Buffalo Bills accomplish what Peterman has already put on tape?

That is the only thing that gets me excited for the 2017 season.

Bills fans Nation wide can care less about anything else.

Trent Edwards Rookie Season

HAMMER
09-01-2017, 10:00 AM
I would be happy to give you reasonable reasons. I believe I already did, but you chose not to address them.

Your snide statement, "What are you smoking? is uncalled for. Don't use the verbiage your opponents use on other sections of this site - which you correctly rail against.
Here comes gramps to scold us! You throw as many stones here as anyone so get off the broken down nag ya Geezer.

OpIv37
09-01-2017, 10:25 AM
Yeah. Good starters who didn't get the job because there was nobody else. Not career backups who signed a ridiculous contract despite not being able to hit the broad side of a barn.

Yeah, so that means we should throw in a rookie who looked good playing against scrubs who will be wearing name tags and paper hats before the week is over.

Don't confuse "different" with "better." Putting Peterman in with no experience behind this OL with these WR's is a recipe for disaster. He'll be shellshocked by halftime of the opener. I don't know if he will amount to anything or not, but playing him now is setting him up to fail.

Forward_Lateral
09-01-2017, 10:43 AM
Yeah, so that means we should throw in a rookie who looked good playing against scrubs who will be wearing name tags and paper hats before the week is over.

Don't confuse "different" with "better." Putting Peterman in with no experience behind this OL with these WR's is a recipe for disaster. He'll be shellshocked by halftime of the opener. I don't know if he will amount to anything or not, but playing him now is setting him up to fail.
Give it a rest. You would ***** and moan if someone handed you a million dollars. God your posts are tiresome.

Arm of Harm
09-01-2017, 10:47 AM

Agreed. Which is why I want Tyrod Taylor to start. Just tank, baby!

OpIv37
09-01-2017, 10:55 AM
Give it a rest. You would ***** and moan if someone handed you a million dollars. God your posts are tiresome.

No, my posts are realistic. Our WR's are perhaps the worst in the league and the OL has struggled in preseason. And people want to throw a rookie QB to the wolves because he had a couple of good drives against scrubs in preseason. It's completely asinine. I get it- 20 years without a QB sucks. But too many of you are letting that cloud your judgment.

Forward_Lateral
09-01-2017, 11:34 AM
No, my posts are realistic. Our WR's are perhaps the worst in the league and the OL has struggled in preseason. And people want to throw a rookie QB to the wolves because he had a couple of good drives against scrubs in preseason. It's completely asinine. I get it- 20 years without a QB sucks. But too many of you are letting that cloud your judgment.
What's asinine is that you aren't lumped in with the other trolls on this site.

OpIv37
09-01-2017, 11:56 AM
What's asinine is that you aren't lumped in with the other trolls on this site.

Really? I'm trying as hard as I can to keep this about football and you keep trying to make it about me.

madness
09-01-2017, 03:47 PM
No, he doesn't.

kgun12
09-01-2017, 04:11 PM
9 for 11 for 81 yards, double that 18 for 22 for 162 against back ups. That's even worse numbers than an average TT game, the big difference, it's game 4 of preseason against a bunch of guys playing their last NFL game! Don't let you dislike/hatred for TT cloud the facts. TT starts opening day, book it Dano!

YardRat
09-01-2017, 04:57 PM
As a fan, I think this preseason the team looks better, and the QB looks better, when Peterman is in there...I would like to see Nate declared the starter and move forward from there, I'm kind of over Tyrod and what he does/doesn't bring to the table.

As a first time head coach, I'm not hitching my wagon to a rookie fifth rounder unless he is playing completely lights outs, head and shoulders above the vet...and Nate isn't.

This is...or could be if he makes the call...a defining moment for McD. THE defining moment. If he pulls the trigger on NP, than that single decision will be the most dominant, by a mile, factor in judging his tenure.

Arm of Harm
09-01-2017, 07:12 PM
9 for 11 for 81 yards, double that 18 for 22 for 162 against back ups. That's even worse numbers than an average TT game, the big difference, it's game 4 of preseason against a bunch of guys playing their last NFL game! Don't let you dislike/hatred for TT cloud the facts. TT starts opening day, book it Dano!

"An average TT game" is no longer relevant. Why? Because those average games were achieved in the Roman offense. That offense is gone, replaced by the Dennison offense. Roman's offense is built around a running QB, much like Tyrod Taylor. Dennison's offense is based around having a pocket passer as a QB.

The relevant question is, which QB is the best fit for Dennison's offense? And the only real data we have in answer to that question is how our QBs have looked in preseason. This preseason Tyrod Taylor has been the very worst of our four quarterbacks. Worse even than Yates.

That's precisely why I hope he's the starter on opening day. I want the Bills to get a top-5 draft pick via a poor W/L record. If we want we could try trading up from there, using KC's pick as ammunition.

BillsImpossible
09-01-2017, 07:41 PM
"An average TT game" is no longer relevant. Why? Because those average games were achieved in the Roman offense. That offense is gone, replaced by the Dennison offense. Roman's offense is built around a running QB, much like Tyrod Taylor. Dennison's offense is based around having a pocket passer as a QB.

The relevant question is, which QB is the best fit for Dennison's offense? And the only real data we have in answer to that question is how our QBs have looked in preseason. This preseason Tyrod Taylor has been the very worst of our four quarterbacks. Worse even than Yates.

That's precisely why I hope he's the starter on opening day. I want the Bills to get a top-5 draft pick via a poor W/L record. If we want we could try trading up from there, using KC's pick as ammunition.

I so agreed up until that last paragraph, Arm of Harm.

Tanking is like going to war. It doesn't always work.

Did tanking help the Sabres?

No.

Skooby
09-01-2017, 07:49 PM

No.
We lost for nothing but jack that season, now a huge check is owed with no playoffs.

kgun12
09-01-2017, 07:56 PM

If your goal for your favorite team is tanking, for me the conversation is over, I don't nor will I ever understand that thinking. Quitters tank, winners try to ALWAYS find a way to be win.

BTW I have coached little league high school baseball, wrestling at the Jr. high and Varsity levels and I have NEVER had a losing season. The only reason I bring that up, is because I can't understand your mentality about tanking, that's a losers mentality.

I'm not calling you a loser because I don't know you, I can only judge what you wrote.

Arm of Harm
09-01-2017, 08:05 PM

No.

Not that this is relevant, but I'd argue that tanking did help the Sabres. Their best player is Jack Eichel, and they drafted him 2nd overall. You could argue that they need a lot more than just Eichel to win a Stanley Cup. But at least they have an important building block in place, because they tanked.

Getting back to the Bills: I'd point out that we traded away a first round draft pick, in order to move up from 8th overall to 4th overall. A few precious losses could mean the difference between drafting 8th overall and 4th overall. Or between 4th overall and 1st overall.

You could put the best QB ever on this team, at the height of his career, and we still wouldn't win a playoff game. Our defense is too porous, our OL too lacking, our WR corps too thrown together more or less at random. That said, I'm expecting our OL to improve over the course of the season. They're learning a new blocking scheme, you've got a rookie you're adding to the mix, and a lot of them have spent significant time playing out of position because of the Glenn injury.

So do you want to throw Peterman in now, under highly adverse circumstances? Or do you want to wait until the second half of the season, when he's had more time to absorb the offense, and when the OL is maybe improved? Also, the decision to replace Tyrod with Peterman will be more widely accepted, if it's obvious that Tyrod isn't giving the team its best chance to win. Half a season or 3/4 a season of Tyrod playing badly gives you that. Not to mention also giving you valuable draft position.

BillsImpossible
09-01-2017, 08:28 PM
The Cleveland Browns have had a very valuable draft position for how long?

The Browns have been, "tanking," since Bernie Kosar retired.

stuckincincy
09-01-2017, 09:42 PM

Yep...you, me, others see that.

Rookie QBs starting is common, and I appreciate the enthusiasm about Peterman. But I give Taylor and his very nifty feet credit for compensating OL and WR shortfalls.

The OL run-blocks OK, but I wonder how much of that is because Taylor's threats to scoot makes opposing defenses think containment, which opens things up for the halfback.

Throw Peterman in...things might change.

I think they should do the Kemp-Lamonica thing with him. Except not trading Peterman away. :kid:

Arm of Harm
09-01-2017, 11:00 PM
If your goal for your favorite team is tanking, for me the conversation is over, I don't nor will I ever understand that thinking. Quitters tank, winners try to ALWAYS find a way to be win.

BTW I have coached little league high school baseball, wrestling at the Jr. high and Varsity levels and I have NEVER had a losing season. The only reason I bring that up, is because I can't understand your mentality about tanking, that's a losers mentality.

I'm not calling you a loser because I don't know you, I can only judge what you wrote.

I ran cross country and track throughout high school. In every race, and in every practice, I did my best to beat as many other runners as I possibly could. My philosophy was that I could take more pain than the other guy, and that I was prepared to prove as much every single time. So I understand your mentality.

But I also enjoy military strategy games. I'm good at games like that. :) But a military strategy game is a little different from a cross country race. With the latter, hyper-competitiveness is all you need. Not much thinking, beyond making sure you pace yourself correctly. In a military strategy game you need to be hyper-competitive as well. But there are times when you need to take one step back in order to take two steps forward. In a situation like that, it's important to see the big picture. Retreats or local defeats may be perfectly acceptable, and part of your strategy. All that matters is walking away with the win.

For me, football is more like a military strategy game, than it is like a cross country race. I'd gladly tank a season, if by so doing I could get an elite quarterback. It's a strategic decision to accept a temporary loss or local defeat, in order to achieve a long-range objective.

Obviously, players can't afford to let themselves think that way. They must not allow themselves to think in terms of tanking seasons or taking plays off. Football is hard, and requires a hard mentality. You can't let yourself get mentally soft, ever.

kishoph
09-02-2017, 04:28 AM

This is another of those catchphrases used when someone just doesn't have any valid point to their argument. You might try to look at the snap counts for Thursdays game, unless you're suggesting that the Lions are going to be cutting their 2nd defensive unit and then those players won't be able to find a spot with another club.
Other than MLB Paul Worrilow every player on the 2nd unit played at least 30% of the defensive snaps, some as much as 50%. Starting FS Glover Quinn played the 1st series.

swiper
09-02-2017, 08:15 AM
This is another of those catchphrases used when someone just doesn't have any valid point to their argument. You might try to look at the snap counts for Thursdays game, unless you're suggesting that the Lions are going to be cutting their 2nd defensive unit and then those players won't be able to find a spot with another club.

This is wrong. They are never going to field the complete 2nd team at one time during the regular season. THAT is the point. A guy will sub here and there with the first teamers. So the argument IS a valid one.

Skooby
09-02-2017, 09:05 AM
This is wrong. They are never going to field the complete 2nd team at one time during the regular season. THAT is the point. A guy will sub here and there with the first teamers. So the argument IS a valid one.
So because he didn't player against better competition means he can't play against them ??

swiper
09-02-2017, 09:06 AM
So because he didn't player against better competition means he can't play against them ??

There's no reason to expect him to be as successful.

kishoph
09-02-2017, 09:18 AM

My post was to dispute OpIv's claim that Peterman was "playing against scrubs who will be wearing name tags and paper hats before the week is over" (insinuating that they were all talentless). I would estimate that at least 70% of those players on the Lion's defense the first 2 drives will remain with the Lions and the rest could easily land on another team's roster. My post had nothing to do with fielding a complete 2nd team during the regular season, only pointing out that there was good players on the field during the Lions game.

swiper
09-02-2017, 09:25 AM
My post was to dispute OpIv's claim that Peterman was "playing against scrubs who will be wearing name tags and paper hats before the week is over" (insinuating that they were all talentless). I would estimate that at least 70% of those players on the Lion's defense the first 2 drives will remain with the Lions and the rest could easily land on another team's roster. My post had nothing to do with fielding a complete 2nd team during the regular season, only pointing out that there was good players on the field during the Lions game.

Ok. Sorry about that.

kishoph
09-02-2017, 06:18 PM
Ok. Sorry about that.

No problem.

OpIv37
09-02-2017, 06:39 PM

No.\
It's too soon to tell if tanking worked for the Sabres. And football and hockey are two different things. In the NFL, with the possible exception of QB's, guys are supposed to contribute within the first year or two after being drafted. In the NHL, it's not uncommon for guys to be in the minors for 2-3 years and take another 2 or so to adjust to the NHL game.

OpIv37
09-02-2017, 06:42 PM

Some will make the team. Few if any will be starters.

If you honestly don't see that starting NFL D's are a level or two above what you see in the 4th preseason game, you are being intentionally obtuse.

Arm of Harm
09-02-2017, 08:05 PM
Some will make the team. Few if any will be starters.

If you honestly don't see that starting NFL D's are a level or two above what you see in the 4th preseason game, you are being intentionally obtuse.

He's not arguing that Detroit's backups are as good as starters would be. He's arguing that the backups are (in many cases) good enough to merit playing time as rotational or situational players, and that the vast majority are more than good enough to secure roster spots.

As for me: I look at the quality of the throw itself. Let's say you have a WR who's college open. The QB throws him the ball. Sure, the completion will look good on his stat sheet. But for me, that's a fairly basic throw that you'd expect any reasonably accurate college QB to make. On the other hand, let's say there's a tiny spot where the QB can put the ball. And only that one tiny spot. If the quarterback puts the ball into that tiny spot, then to me that's a high quality throw, regardless of the quality of his receivers or of the defensive secondary. If the QB hits a moving target in perfect stride, that's also a high quality throw. When I watched the highlight video, I saw that Peterman made some high quality throws.

justasportsfan
09-02-2017, 08:42 PM
I'll make this about you and your argument. When someone plays like crap in preseason you kick and whine and say "well he won't magically fix himself, blah,blah,blah "

When someone plays well all of a sudden he played scrubs ,blah,blah?

He also had scrubs supporting him. Scrubs blocking, running,catching for him so it evens out.

I do however agree playing him too soon could set him up to fail. We already set up TT to fail by taking Watkins away from him.

Let TT play a few games and let NP learn by watching with the clipboard. Hopefully he doesn't pick up TTs habit of holding on to the ball too long.

Skooby
09-02-2017, 11:13 PM
I'll make this about you and your argument. When someone plays like crap in preseason you kick and whine and say "well he won't magically fix himself, blah,blah,blah "

When someone plays well all of a sudden he played scrubs ,blah,blah?

He also had scrubs supporting him. Scrubs blocking, running,catching for him so it evens out.

I do however agree playing him too soon could set him up to fail. We already set up TT to fail by taking Watkins away from him.

Let TT play a few games and let NP learn by watching with the clipboard. Hopefully he doesn't pick up TTs habit of holding on to the ball too long.
Nathan is already better for this system and the whole seniority system in the NFL is stupid. These players typically aren't the coach's sons so you'd think you'd field the best talent, Peterman is that man.

stuckincincy
09-02-2017, 11:36 PM
Nathan is already better for this system and the whole seniority system in the NFL is stupid. These players typically aren't the coach's sons so you'd think you'd field the best talent, Peterman is that man.

:rolleyes:

Skooby
09-03-2017, 12:42 AM
Ok. Sorry about that.
Get a room you 2.

kishoph
09-03-2017, 04:45 AM
He's not arguing that Detroit's backups are as good as starters would be. He's arguing that the backups are (in many cases) good enough to merit playing time as rotational or situational players, and that the vast majority are more than good enough to secure roster spots.

As for me: I look at the quality of the throw itself. Let's say you have a WR who's college open. The QB throws him the ball. Sure, the completion will look good on his stat sheet. But for me, that's a fairly basic throw that you'd expect any reasonably accurate college QB to make. On the other hand, let's say there's a tiny spot where the QB can put the ball. And only that one tiny spot. If the quarterback puts the ball into that tiny spot, then to me that's a high quality throw, regardless of the quality of his receivers or of the defensive secondary. If the QB hits a moving target in perfect stride, that's also a high quality throw. When I watched the highlight video, I saw that Peterman made some high quality throws.

Stated perfectly. I tried to get this across in another thread, it's not like he has been hitting receivers that are wide open because of bad coverage, he's been throwing into tight windows, hitting players in stride and getting the ball out without hesitation.

I think with a QB that has been the starter, you get a double standard. One reason could be the reaction of the locker room, if you suddenly remove their "leader" of 2 years for a rookie, you could lose the locker room quickly.
If McDermott and Dennison stay with wanting to run a WCO, I just can't see Taylor being successful in it. As good as an athlete Taylor is, his skill set does not include what it takes to be a good WCO QB.

Skooby
09-03-2017, 06:16 AM
Stated perfectly. I tried to get this across in another thread, it's not like he has been hitting receivers that are wide open because of bad coverage, he's been throwing into tight windows, hitting players in stride and getting the ball out without hesitation.

I think with a QB that has been the starter, you get a double standard. One reason could be the reaction of the locker room, if you suddenly remove their "leader" of 2 years for a rookie, you could lose the locker room quickly.
If McDermott and Dennison stay with wanting to run a WCO, I just can't see Taylor being successful in it. As good as an athlete Taylor is, his skill set does not include what it takes to be a good WCO QB.
Exactly.

jamze132
09-03-2017, 08:58 AM

If we wanted to win we wouldn't be trading everyone.

Skooby
09-03-2017, 10:18 AM
If we wanted to win we wouldn't be trading everyone.

Maybe we traded the guys that didn't want to buy in or fit the scheme, did that ever dawn on you ?? A player's talent and locker room talking might not match, notice the Patriot players and their structured format ? The culture is changing at OBD, haven't heard too much banter or bragging in Buffalo, have we ??

HAMMER
09-05-2017, 10:42 AM
Peterman needs to start and start now. You do not learn by sitting on the bench.

He has a skill set better suited for this offense than TT does and he needs to be given the opportunity now since TT's departure is a foregone conclusion. I think Mc-Beane are loving the current situation with TT out due to concussion and hoping that Peterman shows serious promise. It gives them a built in/legitimate excuse to start the rookie. If he develops well then they are going to be able to build a sick core around him with all the draft capital we have.

This is my best case scenario, we shall see what transpires.

Skooby
09-05-2017, 10:58 AM
Peterman needs to start and start now. You do not learn by sitting on the bench.

He has a skill set better suited for this offense than TT does and he needs to be given the opportunity now since TT's departure is a foregone conclusion. I think Mc-Beane are loving the current situation with TT out due to concussion and hoping that Peterman shows serious promise. It gives them a built in/legitimate excuse to start the rookie. If he develops well then they are going to be able to build a sick core around him with all the draft capital we have.

This is my best case scenario, we shall see what transpires.
If we'd like to win, start Peterman.

Bill Cody
09-05-2017, 11:17 AM
If we'd like to win, start Peterman.

or not. Derek Carr started 1-10 with the Raiders. I suspect if Peterman did that the patience level with be nil on this board

kishoph
09-05-2017, 11:51 AM
or not. Derek Carr started 1-10 with the Raiders. I suspect if Peterman did that the patience level with be nil on this board

Carr was 3-3 his first 6 games, he finished the season with 10 straight losses. But I agree with what your saying about the patience on this board and Bills fans in general. Although after 17 years without a playoff appearance, most people's patience has run out long ago. If he looks promising though people will be patient. Most have been more than patient with Taylor, even though deep down they know he is not the answer. At least that's the feeling I get.

justasportsfan
09-05-2017, 02:33 PM

It's not about seniority. Like Isaid in a different post, if the OL isn't intact or set yet, we could ruin Petermans career before it even starts. The jets DL is pretty good and if our OL is a mess, we could have 3 qb's in concussion protocol by the 2nd game. We need Peterman to play more than a few games to get an idea what he is going to be like and an unsettled OL could get him killed.

If TT doesn't get cleared, my post is moot because Peterman will have to start though.

Yasgur's Farm
09-05-2017, 02:36 PM
TT is cleared... TT starts.

Novacane
09-05-2017, 03:34 PM
He'll be knocked out by halftime

Skooby
09-05-2017, 03:41 PM
He'll be knocked out by halftime
Then he'd be done for the season and the doctor's competence would be questioned.

OpIv37
09-05-2017, 07:31 PM
Maybe we traded the guys that didn't want to buy in or fit the scheme, did that ever dawn on you ?? A player's talent and locker room talking might not match, notice the Patriot players and their structured format ? The culture is changing at OBD, haven't heard too much banter or bragging in Buffalo, have we ??

We never heard much banter or bragging from the Bills locker room before Rex got there. Occasionally some asshat like Whitner would run his mouth but it wasn't common- it was all a Rex thing.

And you can talk all day about who was traded and why, but at the end of the day, we are less talented now than we were before preseason started.

OpIv37
09-05-2017, 07:33 PM
If we'd like to get him shellshocked and likely hurt, start Peterman.

I fixed it for you

justasportsfan
09-05-2017, 07:55 PM
And you can talk all day about who was traded and why, but at the end of the day, we are less talented now than we were before preseason started.

I agree. I hope MCD knows how to "build a team, not a roster full of talent"