PDA

View Full Version : Roster cuts tracker:

justasportsfan
09-01-2017, 03:28 PM
Buffalo Bills

G Karim Barton, RB Cedric O'Neal, DB Bacarri Rambo, DB Jumal Rolle, WR Rashad Ross

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000837423/article/roster-cuts-tracker-teams-trim-to-53player-rosters

kgun12
09-01-2017, 03:37 PM
Detroit Lions

RB Matt Asiata, OT Cyrus Kouandjio

Mr. Pink
09-01-2017, 03:42 PM
Ravens cut former Bill Thad Lewis and Eagles cut former Bill Ron Brooks.

No real interesting names yet outside of Joe Haden but the Steelers already signed him.

Unless you count Brock Osweiler as interesting.

Scumbag College
09-01-2017, 03:57 PM
https://twitter.com/nfltrade_rumors/status/903726707101892611

Matt McGloin cut. He looked good against the Bills and put together some decent numbers in preseason this year. I'd rather have him than Yates

Mr. Pink
09-01-2017, 04:20 PM
Victor Cruz cut by the Bears.

He left yesterday's game with a leg injury but would be an intriguing flier with how weak the Bills WR corps are.

swiper
09-01-2017, 04:33 PM
Bears also released an old friend. So to speak. A former Bills draft choice.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/01/bears-will-release-kelvin-sheppard/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/01/bears-will-release-kelvin-sheppard/)

Night Train
09-01-2017, 04:36 PM
Bears also released an old friend. So to speak. A former Bills draft choice.http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/01/bears-will-release-kelvin-sheppard/

Hughes should fax him a copy of his current contract.

YardRat
09-01-2017, 04:49 PM
OL Greg Pyke and WR Dezmin Lewis were cut.

kingJofNYC
09-01-2017, 04:50 PM
Victor Cruz cut by the Bears.

He left yesterday's game with a leg injury but would be an intriguing flier with how weak the Bills WR corps are.

He's a corpse, let a guy like Reilly have a shot.

Night Train
09-01-2017, 05:09 PM
CB Bradley Sylve
WR Dez Lewis
OL Greg Pyke
OT Cameron Jefferson
S Shamiel Gray - injury settlement
LB Jacob Lindsey

swiper
09-01-2017, 05:14 PM
Hughes should fax him a copy of his current contract.

:roflmao:

cookie G
09-01-2017, 05:25 PM
Bears also released an old friend. So to speak. A former Bills draft choice.

The Runt will probably sign him...he's definitely "not Whaley."

swiper
09-01-2017, 06:14 PM
You want a WR?

Saints’ Willie Snead suspended first three games (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/01/saints-willie-snead-suspended-first-three-games/)

Albany,n.y.
09-01-2017, 06:36 PM
CB Bradley Sylve
WR Dez Lewis
OL Greg Pyke
OT Cameron Jefferson
LB Jacob Lindsey

There was nobody named Shamiel Gray on the roster. You proved a point debated on WGR earlier this week when one of them said when you see the name Shamiel Gary, you're inclined to call him Gray instead.

feldspar
09-01-2017, 07:01 PM
Ravens cut former Bill Thad Lewis and Eagles cut former Bill Ron Brooks.

No real interesting names yet outside of Joe Haden but the Steelers already signed him.

Unless you count Brock Osweiler as interesting.

I do find Osweiler being cut as interesting.

What happened there? The Browns payed millions to take the other team's salary-dump in exchange for like a second round pick or something? Talk about a stupid move...

YardRat
09-01-2017, 07:03 PM

What happened there? The Browns payed millions to take the other team's salary-dump in exchange for like a second round pick or something? Talk about a stupid move...

Didn't Houston eat the money, and essentially pay Cleveland a draft pick to take him off their hands? I could be mistaken, but I think the Browns came away from that deal pretty clean.

feldspar
09-01-2017, 07:09 PM
Didn't Houston eat the money, and essentially pay Cleveland a draft pick to take him off their hands? I could be mistaken, but I think the Browns came away from that deal pretty clean.

No, I'm pretty sure Houston payed Cleveland a draft pick to take away Osweiler and his contract. But I think it was Cleveland who ate the money. And it wasn't cheap.

Think about it...why would Houston eat the money AND give Cleveland a draft pick? They didn't. That would make no sense, because they could have just released him, ate the money, and saved their draft pick instead...no?

They gave Cleveland a pick in exchange for the Browns eating the money. I guess the Browns had cap space to spare?

Very rare thing, this. I can't name another time this has happened, if I'm right. Crazy.

Mace
09-01-2017, 07:09 PM

Houston paid Cleveland a draft pick to eat the money. The Browns had like 50 million spare cap despite Osweiler, I believe I read.

swiper
09-01-2017, 07:11 PM

What happened there?

He sucked? They (Browns) had a ton of cap space they had to eat up? This move was predicted from the get go.

swiper
09-01-2017, 07:13 PM

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/brock-osweiler-9867/

Arm of Harm
09-01-2017, 07:24 PM
No, I'm pretty sure Houston payed Cleveland a draft pick to take away Osweiler and his contract. But I think it was Cleveland who ate the money. And it wasn't cheap.

Think about it...why would Houston eat the money AND give Cleveland a draft pick? They didn't. That would make no sense, because they could have just released him, ate the money, and saved their draft pick instead...no?

They gave Cleveland a pick in exchange for the Browns eating the money. I guess the Browns had cap space to spare?

Very rare thing, this. I can't name another time this has happened, if I'm right. Crazy.

First time I've seen this as well. Very good move on Cleveland's part. They are doing an excellent job of accumulating ammo in the draft.

DraftBoy
09-01-2017, 07:24 PM
Houston paid Cleveland a draft pick to eat the money. The Browns had like 50 million spare cap despite Osweiler, I believe I read.

Cleveland was below the salary floor prior to Osweiler if memory serves.

feldspar
09-01-2017, 07:33 PM
Cleveland was below the salary floor prior to Osweiler if memory serves.

Yeah, I think that's basically why this happened. They HAD to spend that money, so they squandered it for a second round pick, really. Lots of money, wasted time, and distraction.

If I were a Browns fan, this would make me mad. Such a jerk-off thing to do IMO.

YardRat
09-01-2017, 08:11 PM
CB Bradley Sylve
WR Dez Lewis
OL Greg Pyke
OT Cameron Jefferson
LB Jacob Lindsey
Add S Joe Powell to the list.

Mace
09-01-2017, 08:54 PM
Yeah, I think that's basically why this happened. They HAD to spend that money, so they squandered it for a second round pick, really. Lots of money, wasted time, and distraction.

If I were a Browns fan, this would make me mad. Such a jerk-off thing to do IMO.

Not really. They're building through the draft. Rookies take less money. There aren't any FA's that would immediately transform them, so then they'd be spending on renta-players with no long term potential to stay sub par.

That money isn't profit and nothing to spend it on, so they gain a pick in 2 and boost their cap floor, carrying dead cap they weren't going to use to reach mandatory league minimum. It's regarded as NBA'ish and clever in everything I've read. Cleveland's future, for better or worse is in young stockpiled draft picks that won't be needing big money extensions for years.

I don't know if they make it work, I mean you need to hit on those drafted players, but it didn't really harm them any at this stage of their plan. They're still flush with both cash and draft picks, and remain within mandatory cap spending with infusions of young players and without renta-players taking away development time.

GingerP
09-01-2017, 11:04 PM

I don't think it was worth it either. They absorbed $16M in guaranteed salary and sent a 2017 4th round pick (#142) to Houston for Osweiler, a 2017 6th (#188) and a 2018 2nd round pick. I know people really love draft picks, but that is a lot of salary to eat.

HHURRICANE
09-02-2017, 12:07 AM
I don't think it was worth it either. They absorbed $16M in guaranteed salary and sent a 2017 4th round pick (#142) to Houston for Osweiler, a 2017 6th (#188) and a 2018 2nd round pick. I know people really love draft picks, but that is a lot of salary to eat.

16 million for picks is brilliant if you have the money not doing anything.

swiper
09-02-2017, 05:58 AM
Bills seem to have a pretty good stable of RBs with McCoy, J. Williams, Tolbert & Banyard.

But if anyone goes down along the way the Bills can check on this fellas rib cage:

Colts waive Josh Ferguson with a rib injury (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/02/colts-waive-josh-ferguson-with-a-rib-injury/)

Colts running back Josh Ferguson showed some promise as an undrafted rookie last year, but he won’t be on the 53-man roster this year.

The Colts have waived Ferguson, who is dealing with a rib injury that will keep him out for a few weeks.

The waived/injured designation means every other team gets the opportunity to pick him up, and if no one does he’ll go to the Colts’ injured reserve.

DraftBoy
09-02-2017, 08:07 AM

They got a 2nd Round pick to eat money that they weren't going to spend anyways in a year that neither the team or fans really care about. Why would you be sad?

DraftBoy
09-02-2017, 08:10 AM
I'm watching the Steelers cuts to see if Sammie Coates get released. He's flashed some potential and could be a good add to our WR group. He's currently injured and may miss a few games but I think he's worth the risk.

swiper
09-02-2017, 08:25 AM
I'm watching the Steelers cuts to see if Sammie Coates get released. He's flashed some genitals and could be a good add to our WR group. He's currently injured and may miss a few games but I think he's worth the risk.

I suspect they try to keep him. He's listed as 2nd string on their depth chart (http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/PIT). But even if they let him go, I'd rather have Snead:

Willie Snead stats (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/17258/willie-snead)

Sammie Coates stats (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/2574549/sammie-coates)

Snead could turn out to be a waiver steal.

DraftBoy
09-02-2017, 08:28 AM
I suspect they try to keep him. But even if they let him go, I'd rather have Snead:

Willie Snead stats (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/17258/willie-snead)

Sammie Coates stats (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/2574549/sammie-coates)

Snead could turn out to be a waiver steal.

Why would Snead get cut? Sure he's suspended but he's a top 3 WR in New Orleans.

swiper
09-02-2017, 08:34 AM
While on the topic of the Steelers. They have Arthur Moats listed as 3rd string right now. If they let him go, you'd have to ask yourself if he was better than Milano, Vallejo and/or Hodges.

Not overly impressed by the two low round LBs so far.

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2017, 08:35 AM
Add S Joe Powell to the list.
Dakhail Shorts and Brandon Reilly too

DraftBoy
09-02-2017, 08:37 AM

I thought one of them would make the team. Reilly is being targeted for the PS.

swiper
09-02-2017, 08:37 AM

Really? Surprising considering the press (http://www.wgr550.com/articles/opinion/capaccio-bills-lions-arrow-uparrow-down) Reilly has gotten recently.

DraftBoy
09-02-2017, 08:43 AM
WR Jeremy Butler Waived/Injured.

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2017, 08:52 AM
Jordan Johnson and Adrian McDonald

DraftBoy
09-02-2017, 08:55 AM
RB Jordan Johnson and S Adrian McDonald also appear to have been released.

DraftBoy
09-02-2017, 09:01 AM
CB Marcus Sayles has been waived, he's also been told they would like him back on Practice Squad.

swiper
09-02-2017, 09:08 AM
Sweeping out the trash in time to concentrate on the more difficult cuts. Vlad. You're up.

DraftBoy
09-02-2017, 09:10 AM
Looks like the Bills told Shorts they want him back on the PS if he clears waivers as well.

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2017, 10:28 AM
BJ Sanders and Ian Seau

justasportsfan
09-02-2017, 10:37 AM
How are we at safety.

Tj Ward cut. He any good still?

Scumbag College
09-02-2017, 10:41 AM
How are we at safety.

I think the Bills go after a cut for the last safety spot. Poyer has looked good and Hyde is solid. Elston looks to be a good backup and should be a ST contributor. I think the Bills have already cut McDonald, Gary, Powell, and Sanders so I'm not sure if they even have a #4 on the roster right now.

Albany,n.y.
09-02-2017, 11:00 AM
How are we at safety.

I don't expect the pickups from other teams cuts to be veterans at the back end of their careers. This team is building for the future & the guys they pick up will be mostly no-names who are either rookies or young players the scouts had their eyes on at some earlier time.

justasportsfan
09-02-2017, 11:15 AM
I don't expect the pickups from other teams cuts to be veterans at the back end of their careers. This team is building for the future & the guys they pick up will be mostly no-names who are either rookies or young players the scouts had their eyes on at some earlier time.
Only reason I asked is because McD cherishes leaders. Broncos players are upset he was cut. Besides hes only been in the league 3 years linger than Hyde.

Dr. Lecter
09-02-2017, 11:19 AM
I think the Bills go after a cut for the last safety spot. Poyer has looked good and Hyde is solid. Elston looks to be a good backup and should be a ST contributor. I think the Bills have already cut McDonald, Gary, Powell, and Sanders so I'm not sure if they even have a #4 on the roster right now.
Colt Anderson

ParanoidAndroid
09-02-2017, 11:57 AM
Not sure Walt Powell is much better than Reilly at this point. Add the suspension. I think this is a mistake.

Albany,n.y.
09-02-2017, 12:07 PM
Not sure Walt Powell is much better than Reilly at this point. Add the suspension. I think this is a mistake.

Powell doesn't count on the 53 man roster. With all the cuts going on, teams will cut guys they think they can sneak on to the practice squad after waivers. It's a gamble that usually works, especially if the guy went undrafted. However, it's still a gamble & if another team can fit him on their 53, he could end up elsewhere. Either way, it's not the end for Reilly-Wes Welker was cut by San Diego & Chris Hogan was cut by Miami as rookies.

Mr. Pink
09-02-2017, 12:14 PM
I'm watching the Steelers cuts to see if Sammie Coates get released. He's flashed some potential and could be a good add to our WR group. He's currently injured and may miss a few games but I think he's worth the risk.

Browns traded for Coates.

Coates and a 2019 7th for a 2018 6th.

Forward_Lateral
09-02-2017, 12:36 PM
Browns traded for Coates.

Coates and a 2019 7th for a 2018 6th.

Damn that's a steal for the Browns, IMO. Good trade. I think Coates will end up being a good WR if he can get his crap together

POTLAND PSILBYLO
09-02-2017, 12:50 PM
Browns and getting crap together sorta work imo

swiper
09-02-2017, 01:10 PM
Steelers trade Coates to Browns

swiper
09-02-2017, 01:13 PM
Browns and getting crap together sorta work imo
Another team with no qb

Mr. Pink
09-02-2017, 01:16 PM
Jacoby Brissett traded to the Colts for Phillip Dorsett.

swiper
09-02-2017, 01:29 PM
Jeremy Kerley cut by 49ers

YardRat
09-02-2017, 01:32 PM
OG Voytek and QB Wenning.

YardRat
09-02-2017, 01:34 PM
I would be ALL OVER TJ Ward, btw.

justasportsfan
09-02-2017, 02:08 PM
I would be ALL OVER TJ Ward, btw.this is a passing league. We need our dbs to shut down receivers long enough for our DL to get to.....Brady constantly and get him off his game

Mr. Miyagi
09-02-2017, 02:51 PM
Jacoby Brissett traded to the Colts for Phillip Dorsett.
Uh, why would the Colts want Brissett? Dorsett is so much more valuable than some nobody QB.

Mr. Pink
09-02-2017, 03:41 PM
Uh, why would the Colts want Brissett? Dorsett is so much more valuable than some nobody QB.

Luck is hurt and Scott Tolzien is slated to start til Luck is back.

Tolzien is pretty terrible and as bad as Brissett was last year when he played, especially here, he might be better.

swiper
09-02-2017, 05:32 PM
Khalif Barnes (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/01/saints-begin-making-cuts-including-michael-mauti/)

swiper
09-03-2017, 06:27 AM
How are we at safety.

Report: T.J. Ward gets one-year, $5 million deal from Buccaneers (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/03/report-t-j-ward-gets-one-year-5-million-deal-from-buccaneers/)

swiper
09-03-2017, 06:28 AM
What would you say to Jeremy Zuttah in and Vlad out?

https://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/602420064-e1504287676713.jpg?w=560&h=316&crop=1

The offensive line has been shaky all preseason and could be hurting in the regular season if any of the starters go down with an injury. Jeremy Zuttah, formerly a Baltimore Ravens interior lineman could be an option for the Bills. Zuttah was cut on Friday from the team after going through a hectic series of events. He made the Pro Bowl as a reserve just last season and could be a plug-and-play guy for Buffalo if any injury happens.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/9/2/16245508/buffalo-bills-improve-nfl-roster-cuts-who-is-available-safety-wide-receiver-offensive-linemen

Ravens cut Jeremy Zuttah after making trade
Posted by Darin Gantt on September 1, 2017, 1:41 PM EDT

There was a time not that long ago when there was competition for the services of Jeremy Zuttah.

Now, anyone that wants him can have him.

According to Jamison Hensley of ESPN.com, the Ravens released the veteran offensive lineman, who they signed two weeks ago. He started the offseason with the Ravens, but they traded him to the 49ers, who released him.

Zuttah also drew some interest from the Colts after the 49ers let him go, so there could be a market for him. Of course, vested veterans become more attractive to teams after Week One, since their salaries for the entire season aren’t guaranteed.

He became expendable when the Ravens acquired offensive lineman Tony Bergstrom in a deal with the Cardinals moments ago.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/01/ravens-cut-jeremy-zuttah-after-making-trade/

sudzy
09-03-2017, 06:41 AM
I can see the Bills bringing in 4 guys minimum. 2 DBs, a WR to replace Philly Brown and someone to replace Yates (once he clears concussion protocol)

Arm of Harm
09-03-2017, 07:53 AM
Colt Anderson

I know exactly which team Colt Anderson is supposed to play for. And it ain't the Bills.

Scumbag College
09-03-2017, 08:22 AM
What would you say to Jeremy Zuttah in and Vlad out?

I'll take any scenario that takes Vlad off this team.