Nathan Peterman: Rising Star + Highlights Vs. Detroit Lions Final Preseason Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Nathan Peterman: Rising Star + Highlights Vs. Detroit Lions Final Preseason Game

Just ran in to this video on YouTube....interesting camera angles.

I wonder if the person who shot the footage from this video is the same guy who posted it?

Hmmm....

Detroit highlights:

• Arm of Harm
    • Dec 2015

Re: Nathan Peterman: Rising Star + Highlights Vs. Detroit Lions Final Preseason Game

Okay, so I just watched both videos. The first one I watched twice. I admit that Peterman looks good. Not Joe Montana good or anything. But he does look like a real QB, at least in the highlights.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
      • Mar 2013

Re: Nathan Peterman: Rising Star + Highlights Vs. Detroit Lions Final Preseason Game

Originally posted by Arm of Harm View Post
      Okay, so I just watched both videos. The first one I watched twice. I admit that Peterman looks good. Not Joe Montana good or anything. But he does look like a real QB, at least in the highlights.
      The camera angles were key...they aren't the standard highlight footage as scene in the Detroit highlights.

Great view from behind center. Don't take that literally.

Comment

• Mouldsie
        • Aug 2012

Reminds me of Alex Smith

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Arm of Harm View Post
          We've been trying to tell everyone, Nathan is good.

Comment

• feldspar
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
            Nathan is a great guy to root for.

He's a prospect with a certain amount of potential.

I can't see why anyone would go further than that. Desperation, maybe...
            Last edited by feldspar; 09-01-2017, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
              Just ran in to this video on YouTube....interesting camera angles.

I wonder if the person who shot the footage from this video is the same guy who posted it?

Hmmm....

Detroit highlights:

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
              To quote Homer Simpson: "Don't you ever get tired of being wrong all the time?"
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                We play to win the game!
                • Oct 2009

Lots of short passes. Reminds me of Kelly Holcomb.

Tyrod throws more deep passes. Too bad we can't combine these 2 into a Super QB

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

I want a franchise QB. Don't want to settle for a Kirk Cousins type of QB , which is what i read and heard what Nathan could be like.

How well would Peterman have to play for us not to use any of our 1st on a QB next year?
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                    We play to win the game!
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                    I want a franchise QB. Don't want to settle for a Kirk Cousins type of QB , which is what i read and heard what Nathan could be like.

How well would Peterman have to play for us not to use any of our 1st on a QB next year?
                    I'd take Kirk Cousins in a second. The guy threw foir nearly 5000 yards last year with an average run game and average receivers. Elite TE but average receivers.

Comment

• God Father
                      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post

Yeah everyone wants a franchise QB. Unfortunately they're very hard to come by.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83 View Post

The short stuff is what pre-season games are about for rookie qbs.

The long patterns are often about WR separation, WR speed. OL protection, and duration of that protection. add in the Qb's nifty feet if he has them.

You specifically work the short and medium stuff. It's just not a reaction to the defense's pass rush. You want your rookie to scan and react fast to what's the best opportunity to move the sticks.

You are trying to determine if this player can be on your team. Can he get the team down the field.
                        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Arm of Harm
                          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83 View Post

It's not just about whether a pass is short or long. It's also about whether a pass is to a target who's stationary, who's moving vertically, or (the most difficult type) whether he's moving horizontally.

Joe Montana threw plenty of short passes to targets moving horizontally. And he'd hit them in perfect stride. That's a very difficult thing to do, even for a typical NFL quarterback. Which is why most NFL quarterbacks are not Joe Montana.

Peterman isn't Joe Montana either, at least not from anything I've seen thus far. But he did do a better job than I was expecting, at hitting moving targets. Including some targets moving horizontally. In some of the plays it looked like the moving targets didn't have to slow down to catch his passes. (Which is very, very good!) Other plays it did seem like the targets had to slow down. And of course you have the fact that the first video is a highlight video, so they're going to focus on his better plays. Overall, I'm pleased with the progress Peterman is making, and hopeful he'll continue making good strides.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Tyrod's video should be callled "I hang on to the ball too long and then run highlights."

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                              Tyrod's video should be callled "I hang on to the ball too long and then run highlights."

http://youtu.be/IqS8TKACWpg
                              More like, "Panic at the disco !! " .

Comment

Working...
                              X