PDA

View Full Version : Nathan Peterman: Rising Star + Highlights Vs. Detroit Lions Final Preseason Game

BillsImpossible
09-01-2017, 07:17 PM
Just ran in to this video on YouTube....interesting camera angles.

I wonder if the person who shot the footage from this video is the same guy who posted it?

Hmmm....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M6BLY4a16Mo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Detroit highlights:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ykf9xrgKpSg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Arm of Harm
09-01-2017, 07:50 PM
Okay, so I just watched both videos. The first one I watched twice. I admit that Peterman looks good. Not Joe Montana good or anything. But he does look like a real QB, at least in the highlights.

BillsImpossible
09-01-2017, 08:13 PM
Okay, so I just watched both videos. The first one I watched twice. I admit that Peterman looks good. Not Joe Montana good or anything. But he does look like a real QB, at least in the highlights.

The camera angles were key...they aren't the standard highlight footage as scene in the Detroit highlights.

Great view from behind center. Don't take that literally.

Mouldsie
09-01-2017, 08:17 PM
Reminds me of Alex Smith

Skooby
09-01-2017, 08:21 PM
We've been trying to tell everyone, Nathan is good.

feldspar
09-01-2017, 08:32 PM

Nathan is a great guy to root for.

He's a prospect with a certain amount of potential.

I can't see why anyone would go further than that. Desperation, maybe...

OpIv37
09-01-2017, 09:03 PM
Just ran in to this video on YouTube....interesting camera angles.

I wonder if the person who shot the footage from this video is the same guy who posted it?

Hmmm....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M6BLY4a16Mo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Detroit highlights:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ykf9xrgKpSg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

To quote Homer Simpson: "Don't you ever get tired of being wrong all the time?"

BuffaloBlitz83
09-01-2017, 09:38 PM
Lots of short passes. Reminds me of Kelly Holcomb.

Tyrod throws more deep passes. Too bad we can't combine these 2 into a Super QB

justasportsfan
09-01-2017, 09:40 PM
I want a franchise QB. Don't want to settle for a Kirk Cousins type of QB , which is what i read and heard what Nathan could be like.

How well would Peterman have to play for us not to use any of our 1st on a QB next year?

BuffaloBlitz83
09-01-2017, 09:43 PM
I want a franchise QB. Don't want to settle for a Kirk Cousins type of QB , which is what i read and heard what Nathan could be like.

How well would Peterman have to play for us not to use any of our 1st on a QB next year?

I'd take Kirk Cousins in a second. The guy threw foir nearly 5000 yards last year with an average run game and average receivers. Elite TE but average receivers.

God Father
09-01-2017, 09:56 PM

Yeah everyone wants a franchise QB. Unfortunately they're very hard to come by.

stuckincincy
09-01-2017, 10:16 PM

The short stuff is what pre-season games are about for rookie qbs.

The long patterns are often about WR separation, WR speed. OL protection, and duration of that protection. add in the Qb's nifty feet if he has them.

You specifically work the short and medium stuff. It's just not a reaction to the defense's pass rush. You want your rookie to scan and react fast to what's the best opportunity to move the sticks.

You are trying to determine if this player can be on your team. Can he get the team down the field. :2cents:

Arm of Harm
09-01-2017, 11:17 PM

It's not just about whether a pass is short or long. It's also about whether a pass is to a target who's stationary, who's moving vertically, or (the most difficult type) whether he's moving horizontally.

Joe Montana threw plenty of short passes to targets moving horizontally. And he'd hit them in perfect stride. That's a very difficult thing to do, even for a typical NFL quarterback. Which is why most NFL quarterbacks are not Joe Montana.

Peterman isn't Joe Montana either, at least not from anything I've seen thus far. But he did do a better job than I was expecting, at hitting moving targets. Including some targets moving horizontally. In some of the plays it looked like the moving targets didn't have to slow down to catch his passes. (Which is very, very good!) Other plays it did seem like the targets had to slow down. And of course you have the fact that the first video is a highlight video, so they're going to focus on his better plays. Overall, I'm pleased with the progress Peterman is making, and hopeful he'll continue making good strides.

HHURRICANE
09-01-2017, 11:39 PM
Tyrod's video should be callled "I hang on to the ball too long and then run highlights."

http://youtu.be/IqS8TKACWpg

Skooby
09-01-2017, 11:42 PM
Tyrod's video should be callled "I hang on to the ball too long and then run highlights."

http://youtu.be/IqS8TKACWpg

More like, "Panic at the disco !! " .

Goobylal
09-02-2017, 09:19 AM
Behind that OL, you don't have time to wait for a deep route to open up.

swiper
09-02-2017, 09:24 AM
Looks like its going to be Glenn-Incognito-Wood-Miller-Mills again. IIRC that's what they closed out with last season.

Goobylal
09-02-2017, 09:28 AM
Looks like its going to be Glenn-Incognito-Wood-Miller-Mills again. IIRC that's what they closed out with last season.

It better be that and not Ducasse. I'd still like to see Dawkins playing RT and maybe Groy at C.

YardRat
09-03-2017, 02:45 PM
Nobody has mentioned the fact that the balls batted down at the LOS were completely eliminated against Detroit.

BillsImpossible
09-03-2017, 03:20 PM
As of this evening, Tyrod Taylor is still in the NFL's concussion protocol.

That is the right thing to do!

God bless the Bills.

BillsImpossible
09-03-2017, 03:35 PM
I hope to God that Kim and Terry Pegula had a meeting with the Bills medical staff and told them flat out that they do not want to see Tyrod Taylor starting Week 1.

The NFL is in a New Era, please pardon the pun, but it's true. Any form of serious head trauma should be met with the most conservative medical evaluation.

The Pegula's are smart and way ahead of the curve on many levels. Letting Tyrod Taylor heal and rest is the best thing they could do for one of their own.

jills
09-03-2017, 03:40 PM
LMAO! You know it's bad when those are considered "highlights"

Skooby
09-03-2017, 03:47 PM
I hope to God that Kim and Terry Pegula had a meeting with the Bills medical staff and told them flat out that they do not want to see Tyrod Taylor starting Week 1.

The NFL is in a New Era, please pardon the pun, but it's true. Any form of serious head trauma should be met with the most conservative medical evaluation.

The Pegula's are smart and way ahead of the curve on many levels. Letting Tyrod Taylor heal and rest is the best thing they could do for one of their own.

That and start Peterman, which is essentially the same thing.