PDA

View Full Version : AFC East: Jets trade Sheldon Richardson to Seahawks

swiper
09-02-2017, 06:05 AM
Seahawks trade WR Jermaine Kearse for Sheldon Richardson (http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20534292/seattle-seahawks-trade-jermaine-kearse-new-york-jets-sheldon-richardson)

I'm sure you've all seen this trade by now. What do you think of it? Do the Jets have somebody to take his spot? Who will they use? Does it matter?

What about Kearse? How do figure he feels about coming to NY to have McCown as his QB? Can't be happy. Was he in the Seahawk's doghouse?

swiper
09-02-2017, 06:06 AM
Maccagnan said he believes a surplus of talent on the defensive line allowed the Jets to make the trade.

"We have some good, young defensive linemen," Maccagnan said. "Sheldon was part of that, but in return, it allowed us to entertain options. Short term and long term, we're still committed to building this thing through the draft. It was an opportunity to acquire some draft capital and also acquire an element to our team, not just from a talent standpoint, but from a character and intangible standpoint in the receiver room."

2017 NJ Jets Depth Chart (http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/NYJ)- updated

Turf
09-02-2017, 06:16 AM
If we don't beat the Jet's like 35-10 somethings wrong.

sudzy
09-02-2017, 06:17 AM
The Jets take another huge step in the race to Darnold.

Eric Wood's day (week one) just got a whole lot easier.

swiper
09-02-2017, 06:18 AM
What are the odds that Darnold declares for the next draft?

sudzy
09-02-2017, 06:35 AM

If he doesn't, then it becomes the race to Allen. And teams become more desperate to get to #1

SpikedLemonade
09-02-2017, 08:00 AM
Now that is how you tank.

DraftBoy
09-02-2017, 08:07 AM

Probably 50/50.

swiper
09-02-2017, 08:12 AM
Probably 50/50.

I hope that somebody explains to him that his stock could also drop. Injury could happen. Play could just drop off. I imagine the decision to declare early has a lot to do with your draft stock at the moment compared to all the other folks in that draft.

DraftBoy
09-02-2017, 08:15 AM
I hope that somebody explains to him that his stock could also drop. Injury could happen. Play could just drop off. I imagine the decision to declare early has a lot to do with your draft stock at the moment compared to all the other folks in that draft.

It does, but it also has a lot to do with your current situation and which teams are going to be looking to pick you when the time to declare comes.

swiper
09-02-2017, 08:20 AM
It does, but it also has a lot to do with your current situation and which teams are going to be looking to pick you when the time to declare comes.

I get that. Especially having lived through the Tom Cousineau and Jim Kelly mishandles by Buffalo. But 2019's crappy teams are going to be more attractive than 2018's? Appreciating Eli Manning's decision to not go to SD, I can't imagine there will be much different.

And I never really got why Manning did that. I know he's got a couple of SBs under his belt, but SD isn't the worst front office team in the world. They're not even top 5. Maybe not top 10. It could have worked out there for him too.

DraftBoy
09-02-2017, 08:24 AM
I get that. Especially having lived through the Tom Cousineau and Jim Kelly mishandles by Buffalo. But 2019's crappy teams are going to be more attractive than 2018's? Appreciating Eli Manning's decision to not go to SD, I can't imagine there will be much different.

And I never really got why Manning did that. I know he's got a couple of SBs under his belt, but SD isn't the worst front office team in the world. They're not even top 5. Maybe not top 10. It could have worked out there for him too.

Market.

Ingtar33
09-02-2017, 10:21 AM
If I'm any top prospect I probably tell my agent I won't sign with the Jets (or Browns) no matter what, and make it clear to the Jets.

That team is so badly managed going there would probably ruin your career much like how Elway wanted to NEVER go to the colts (who were the epitome of mismanaged up until Polian got there)

Still the Jets aren't even trying to hide the tank job at this point. If the browns weren't such a pile of junk I would say they're a lock for no.1, but the browns will probably give 0-16 a serious run too.

Albany,n.y.
09-02-2017, 11:04 AM
Now that is how you tank.

Their starting QB has successfully guided 2 teams to the #1 pick in the draft. If you want to be the worst, you need Josh McCown.

Albany,n.y.
09-02-2017, 11:07 AM
If I'm any top prospect I probably tell my agent I won't sign with the Jets (or Browns) no matter what, and make it clear to the Jets.

That team is so badly managed going there would probably ruin your career much like how Elway wanted to NEVER go to the colts (who were the epitome of mismanaged up until Polian got there)

Still the Jets aren't even trying to hide the tank job at this point. If the browns weren't such a pile of junk I would say they're a lock for no.1, but the browns will probably give 0-16 a serious run too.
The Jets have a real minefield to navigate in order to get that coveted #1 spot. The schedule maker was not kind to them-they have to lose to Cleveland, Jacksonville & twice to the Bills. That #1 pick will really be earned this year.

YardRat
09-02-2017, 01:39 PM

Yeah, unfortunately the reality is that the Bills are most likely included in that conversation.