PDA

View Full Version : September 10th Outlook

endzone
09-02-2017, 11:29 PM
Camp is over. Preseason is done. We have a 53 man roster that is quite a bit different from last season. New Coaches and new Management.

I honestly don't know the NFL skill levels of many of the new players. Especially at WR, LB, CB and Safety. Are they legitimate NFL starters or guys in need of a nice paycheck?

For the 1st time in many, many years of following the Bills I don't know what to expect!

In your opinion, is the team going to be OK or a mess during the season??????? GO BILLS!

stuckincincy
09-02-2017, 11:48 PM
Already declared as dead meat.

They can't generate enough interest to increase league revenue. Their only "prime time" game is a Thursday tilt on the NFL Network, against the NY Jets. And the Jets are the draw...

The prime time sked:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/04/20/2017-nfl-schedule-prime-time-monday-thursday-sunday-night-games/100726628/

OpIv37
09-02-2017, 11:58 PM
Bills beat the Jets 9/10 on the way to a 3-4 win season. Tyrod has regressed. The OL looks like ****. The bad OL and the lack of passing threat will nullify McCoy, who is the team's only offensive weapon. The DL will have their moments. The back 7 is terrible.

Mace
09-03-2017, 12:18 AM
I think the team is going to be ok. This isn't the year for it to rise, but they're not going to be anywhere near as terrible as some think, with signs of it being on the right solid track.

This team wasn't the step away from contender some want to believe, but was built to be always sunshine hopeful, without being able to deliver. I think we're decisively past that barrier of pretending, like it or not, and has the organization and capital now to move ahead in the right direction. I'm never a blue skies kind of person, but I think they're doing it right this time in actually starting with a focused, unified concept.

There will be plenty of aggravation until we get the pieces for the vision, but plenty of fun to soothe it, with a boatload of picks to build it, and at the least, competent people directing it.

5-7 wins that give you a hopeful sense of next year where you aren't kidding yourself, imho.

We all want to win this year, but I think they'll make up for it if we live a little longer.

I really like this organization for once, and think they mean business, for once. If I'm wrong, heckle me freely, I am Mace and I endorse this opinion.

Skooby
09-03-2017, 12:40 AM
If we keep competing with the Jets for dumbest trades (and winning) it's 0-16, otherwise we win it all. Play Peterman & watch him hold the championship trophy high up as we all cry like infants.

BLUTO
09-03-2017, 12:47 AM
Bills beat the Jets 9/10 on the way to a 3-4 win season. Tyrod has regressed. The OL looks like ****. The bad OL and the lack of passing threat will nullify McCoy, who is the team's only offensive weapon. The DL will have their moments. The back 7 is terrible.
I'm afraid you are correct about the back 7. Can our LB's cover anyone out of the backfield? All of a sudden Brown at MLB is better than average? Next year he'll be gone and forgotten.

YardRat
09-03-2017, 09:35 AM
Playoffs.

I'm serious.

kgun12
09-03-2017, 10:08 AM
Playoffs.

I'm serious.

Do you know how unhappy this would make a lot of people on this board? This would make our first round pick low nd if KC did well, heads would exploded all over Bills country!

BTW I'm not this optimistic, too many unknowns to include how many growing pains the new coaches staff has to go through. I think our OL is better than people like, preseason, new offense and not game planning for opponents. I think our DB's and WR's are better than people think, but the LBer's worry me a bit.

7-9, 8-8

swiper
09-03-2017, 10:29 AM
Wouldn't make me unhappy, just surprised. Because he knows, you know, I know, everyone knows that is not happening.

This roster is worse than the Jauron years, the Marrone years or the Rex Ryan years. I think this is the worst roster I have ever seen as a Bills fan.

The lead WR is an unproven rookie? There is no legit QB. Back 7 defenders ... see above. Only legit NFL player is McCoy. The only one.

sudzy
09-03-2017, 10:36 AM
Playoffs.

I'm serious.

For who?

Mr. Pink
09-03-2017, 11:17 AM
4-12.

Won't watch a game that glorified RB pretending to be a QB plays though.

Hoping Peterman starts week 1 and plays well enough to keep the job.

YardRat
09-03-2017, 12:22 PM
I have to admit the roster concerns me also.

Generalissimus Gibby
09-03-2017, 07:14 PM
Typical dumpster fire. I mean they could prove me wrong, but I have been saying 3-4 wins max for this team since April and nothing has happened so far to make me think any differently.

psubills62
09-03-2017, 07:24 PM
Defense will look mediocre, offense will look terrible. Expect a top 5 draft pick.

Mace
09-03-2017, 07:29 PM
I have to admit the roster concerns me also.

I'm getting there after Williams, Hodges and now Webb.

Night Train
09-03-2017, 07:30 PM
https://myweemusings.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/image3.jpg

Homegrown
09-03-2017, 07:31 PM
4-12.

Won't watch a game that glorified RB pretending to be a QB plays though.

Hoping Peterman starts week 1 and plays well enough to keep the job.
Preach on, brother! !!!

jamze132
09-04-2017, 04:41 AM
Do you know how unhappy this would make a lot of people on this board? This would make our first round pick low nd if KC did well, heads would exploded all over Bills country!

BTW I'm not this optimistic, too many unknowns to include how many growing pains the new coaches staff has to go through. I think our OL is better than people like, preseason, new offense and not game planning for opponents. I think our DB's and WR's are better than people think, but the LBer's worry me a bit.

7-9, 8-8

Not sure why it would make ANYONE unhappy. It would mean that we found a QB and a bunch of young nobody's on defense.

Historian
09-05-2017, 08:28 AM
3-13

Forward_Lateral
09-05-2017, 08:58 AM
Doesn't concern me one bit. My days of giving a crap about wins/losses are over. I will still watch every week, but my interest won't be piqued unless Peterman is playing QB.

djjimkelly
09-05-2017, 02:29 PM
Wouldn't make me unhappy, just surprised. Because he knows, you know, I know, everyone knows that is not happening.

This roster is worse than the Jauron years, the Marrone years or the Rex Ryan years. I think this is the worst roster I have ever seen as a Bills fan.

The lead WR is an unproven rookie? There is no legit QB. Back 7 defenders ... see above. Only legit NFL player is McCoy. The only one.

its between this roster or the alex van pelt led team was that 2002?

- - - Updated - - -

3-13

we finally fully agree on something :)

Generalissimus Gibby
09-05-2017, 02:31 PM
its between this roster or the alex van pelt led team was that 2002?

- - - Updated - - -

we finally fully agree on something :)

That was 2001, but yeah 3 to 4 wins is about right