PDA

View Full Version : After the D-line, McCoy & Incognito, this is a horrible roster of players

Albany,n.y.
09-03-2017, 02:03 PM
The Bills waived 24 players yesterday & none were claimed. They could waive another 24 who wouldn't be claimed either.
Looking at the roster, if it weren't for the Jets, this roster would guarantee a last place finish.

By position:

Offense
O-Line: Less than 100% healthy LT; if Mills starts, an inferior RT; 1 guard who is either Ducasse or a guy who barely beat out Ducasse Grade C-
QB: Mediocre starter in Taylor, rookie backup, 3rd stringer likely to get cut soon Grade C
RB/FB: Shady & a bunch of veterans who aren't much Grade C (drops to D if Shady misses any significant time)
WR: Outside of Zay Jones & his potential a bunch of guys who on many other teams would have been cut yesterday Grade D
TE: Bum knee Clay & 3 guys who could be on waivers at any time Grade C-

Defense
D-Line: The strength of the team Grade A-
LB: Who knows ? Brown Alexander & a bunch of guys Grade C
DBs: Rookie 1st rounder, Hyde and a bunch of sandlot guys Grade D

Special Teams:
LS: 1st year unproven guy Grade C
K: Decent kicker who had problems with blocked extra points last year but won't have to worry about kicking too many extra points this year & should be well rested with a minimal number of kickoffs Grade B
P: Schmidt comes off a bad 2016 & is on a short leash this year Grade C-

YardRat
09-03-2017, 02:06 PM
"Playoffs" (cue the breaking news of Eddie Yarbrough getting cut in favor of a FA WR/KR in 3...2...1...)

Wally The Barber
09-03-2017, 02:34 PM
This isn't a bad team at all....just a little weak at every position

BillsImpossible
09-03-2017, 02:35 PM
The Bills waived 24 players yesterday & none were claimed. They could waive another 24 who wouldn't be claimed either.
Looking at the roster, if it weren't for the Jets, this roster would guarantee a last place finish.

By position:

Offense
O-Line: Less than 100% healthy LT; if Mills starts, an inferior RT; 1 guard who is either Ducasse or a guy who barely beat out Ducasse Grade C-
QB: Mediocre starter in Taylor, rookie backup, 3rd stringer likely to get cut soon Grade C
RB/FB: Shady & a bunch of veterans who aren't much Grade C (drops to D if Shady misses any significant time)
WR: Outside of Zay Jones & his potential a bunch of guys who on many other teams would have been cut yesterday Grade D
TE: Bum knee Clay & 3 guys who could be on waivers at any time Grade C-

Defense
DBs: Rookie 1st rounder, Hyde and a bunch of sandlot guys Grade D

Special Teams:
LS: 1st year unproven guy Grade C
K: Decent kicker who had problems with blocked extra points last year but won't have to worry about kicking too many extra points this year & should be well rested with a minimal number of kickoffs Grade B
P: Schmidt comes off a bad 2016 & is on a short leash this year Grade C-

This post is like a late term abortion of a premature baby.

How do you know their destiny?

How can you judge a team with a new coaching staff, a new rookie WR, a veteran WR in Jordan Matthews that hasn't played a single down, possibly a new QB starting on Sunday, a new 4-3 defense with a new secondary, and a new offensive coordinator in Dennison?

The 2017 Buffalo Bills are a giant question mark.

Nobody knows who will be the starting QB next week. Nobody knows who will be the #2 DB next to Tre' White. Nobody knows who the starting 3 wide receivers will be in order. Nobody knows who backs up McCoy.

I think the Bills linebackers in Preston Brown, Zo' Alexander and Humber will be better than expected.

One thing from the preseason that nobody bothered to mention is how much better the Bills defense looks compared to Wrecks and Rob.

Another thing from the preseason that everyone noticed was how much better the offense looked with Nate Peterman under center.

Papa Albany,n.y. don't preach, the Bills are 17 years deep.

I'm keeping my new Bills baby.

sudzy
09-03-2017, 02:44 PM
This isn't a bad team at all....just a little weak at every position

So you would classify them as "balanced"?

Albany,n.y.
09-03-2017, 02:46 PM
At 1-7 you'll either get Peterman or WGR's whiner line will be overloaded.

BertSquirtgum
09-03-2017, 02:53 PM
1-15 here we come. AMERICA. **** yeah.

stuckincincy
09-03-2017, 09:36 PM
The Bills waived 24 players yesterday & none were claimed. They could waive another 24 who wouldn't be

Defense

It will be interesting to see how new DC Frazier will utilize the DL.

You need them to jump around the gaps to combat and confuse the run-pass option stuff used by teams who have quick-release QBs - Dalton is a good example. CIN run a lot of low-hat OL positioning so as to not telegraph the short passes.

So you need a brainy defensive player to call the placements pre-snap.

BLUTO
09-03-2017, 10:00 PM
This post is like a late term abortion of a premature baby.

How do you know their destiny?

How can you judge a team with a new coaching staff, a new rookie WR, a veteran WR in Jordan Matthews that hasn't played a single down, possibly a new QB starting on Sunday, a new 4-3 defense with a new secondary, and a new offensive coordinator in Dennison?

The 2017 Buffalo Bills are a giant question mark.

Nobody knows who will be the starting QB next week. Nobody knows who will be the #2 DB next to Tre' White. Nobody knows who the starting 3 wide receivers will be in order. Nobody knows who backs up McCoy.

I think the Bills linebackers in Preston Brown, Zo' Alexander and Humber will be better than expected.

One thing from the preseason that nobody bothered to mention is how much better the Bills defense looks compared to Wrecks and Rob.

Another thing from the preseason that everyone noticed was how much better the offense looked with Nate Peterman under center.

Papa Albany,n.y. don't preach, the Bills are 17 years deep.

I'm keeping my new Bills baby.
new Bills baby - - love that term. I agree!

stuckincincy
09-03-2017, 10:19 PM
I miss London Fletcher.

jamze132
09-04-2017, 04:24 AM
We're going to burn out our punter's leg by the bye week.

SpikedLemonade
09-04-2017, 04:50 AM
3-13

psubills62
09-04-2017, 12:44 PM
Full-blown tank.

alohabillsfan
09-04-2017, 05:03 PM
So obviously, some prefer names over heart! Yet, those same people where agonizing over a cut of a former college walk on and hockey player/UDFA WR. Geez quit *****ing and enjoy the ones that wear the uniform ! Go ills

Goobylal
09-04-2017, 05:12 PM
Total nonsense.

stuckincincy
09-04-2017, 09:45 PM
At 1-7 you'll either get Peterman or WGR's whiner line will be overloaded.

I think 2 -4 at the bye. NYJ is a wreck, and CIN let their 2 best OL players walk. So that should be the 2 wins, unless one or both get some decent playcalling.