PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Hodges

ParanoidAndroid
09-04-2017, 05:12 PM
With all the wailing about Williams being cut, I'm most puzzled by the Hodges release. As paper thin as the LB corps was, he was the one reliable backup we had. I just don't get it. Are we seriously relying on a CFL guy/Dolphins cut to be a primary backup now? Were the Phins so stacked with young LB's we just had to grab two of the ones they cut?

BLUTO
09-04-2017, 05:25 PM
Neither Williams or Hodges were picked up by any of the 31 other NFL teams after being waived.

Skooby
09-04-2017, 05:51 PM
Neither Williams or Hodges were picked up by any of the 31 other NFL teams after being waived.
Isn't that ironic ??

GingerP
09-04-2017, 06:11 PM

As a veteran, Hodges isn't subject to waivers until after the trade deadline. Williams is, though, and wasn't claimed. The timing of the release may have something to do with them not finding jobs right away.

YardRat
09-04-2017, 06:15 PM
I expected them to go light at LBer, but Hodges was part of that equation especially after Ragland was traded. Puzzled by only three safeties too.

Mace
09-04-2017, 06:58 PM
Yeah, they lost me when they cut Anderson, Hodges and Williams at this point though I thought it was good they gained the tackle McDermott. Have to figure a roster spot will open up when Yates/Taylor are cleared, either Yates or Webb (preferably both but obviously unlikely), and maybe they'll at least do something about safety.