PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Williams clears waivers and we still don't want him....

HHURRICANE
09-05-2017, 06:59 AM
Jonathan Williams clears waivers and we still don't want him! And no one else does either.

So either there is a bigger issue or he's just not that good. Bryce Brown is out of the league because he couldn't hang onto the ball and he was way more talented. Maybe this was a bigger issue then we realize.

GingerP
09-05-2017, 07:22 AM
I think he will get another chance in the not-to-distant future, even if it is on a practice squad.

The timing of the release (after teams have set their rosters) and his lack of ST ability hurt him. That said, he is a talented guy who was productive at Arkansas (All-SEC). I think when injuries start to happen and teams are looking for a back to give some carries he will get a shot. He is a big back who runs hard, but if he isn't getting regular carries it is hard to have him on your roster because he doesn't do much else.

SpikedLemonade
09-05-2017, 07:34 AM
Jonathan Williams clears waivers and we still don't want him! And no one else does either.

So either there is a bigger issue or he's just not that good. Bryce Brown is out of the league because he couldn't hang onto the ball and he was way more talented. Maybe this was a bigger issue then we realize.

He could not sexually satisfy Kim and word got out.

Albany,n.y.
09-05-2017, 08:38 AM
He lasted until the 5th round & got to spend a year in the NFL-he beat the odds then reality hit. That may happen with another 5th rounder soon. They don't all become Kyle Williams.

GingerP
09-05-2017, 09:35 AM
He lasted until the 5th round & got to spend a year in the NFL-he beat the odds then reality hit. That may happen with another 5th rounder soon. They don't all become Kyle Williams.

To be fair, he probably would have gone higher if not for a torn ligment in his foot that led to his missing his entire senior season in college. He has the talent to get another chance. He will have to perform when he gets that chance and will have to take care of his fumbling issues.

BertSquirtgum
09-05-2017, 10:53 AM
Maybe he was taking after his brother Karlos Williams.

Cali512
09-05-2017, 11:48 AM
I actually like Taiwan. Watch him in Oakland and he has elite speed and elusiveness. Williams always struck me as extremely slow while not being to powerful. If your going to be slow, you better be a power back

GingerP
09-05-2017, 02:45 PM
The Broncos signed Williams to their practice squad.

GingerP
09-05-2017, 04:29 PM
Instead of paying J. Williams the normal $6,900 per week PS salary ($117,300 per season). Denver is paying him at a $510K annual rate ($30K per week), like the minimum he would earn on the roster. That makes me think he must have had other offers.

Wally The Barber
09-05-2017, 04:31 PM
Newly formed Bills
veteran
Committee